09-26-2007, 09:10 PM
It just started.anyone watching.

patrickwm68
09-26-2007, 09:12 PM
Shhhh, I'm trying to watch it.

Son of Jor-El
09-26-2007, 09:45 PM
oh ok.

couldnt they have found someone slightly hotter for the role.

Alex655321
09-26-2007, 09:57 PM

Exactly, as quick as I checked it out, I went right back to the Met game.

Jesse321
09-26-2007, 10:05 PM
THIS SHOW ROCKED! :buttrock:

VaultMan
09-26-2007, 10:13 PM
I only caught the very beginning (which was very cool) and the last 20 minutes. Pretty sweet.

patrickwm68
09-26-2007, 10:17 PM
Lalalalalalalala, I can't hear you, I can't hear you.

I haven't watched it yet, I was just kidding before.

Tetragrammaton
09-26-2007, 10:17 PM
oh ok.

There is a saying about opinions that comes to mind.

Who would you have wanted? Lindsay Lohan?

http://i23.tinypic.com/xfor2t.jpg

patrickwm68
09-26-2007, 10:23 PM
Super hot girls don't always make for a good show, just look at Dark Angel and Birds of Prey, P.U.!

Tetragrammaton
09-26-2007, 10:26 PM
Super hot girls alone don't make for a good show.

Hollywood is going to the dogs. First Supergirl on Smallville and now Bionic Woman!

:puke2:

patrickwm68
09-26-2007, 10:32 PM

Hollywood is going to the dogs. First Supergirl on Smallville and now Bionic Woman!

I'm jazzed about seeing both of these.

Black Cat
09-26-2007, 10:33 PM
god it doesn't always have to be a hot girl and she was not ugly at all. I really enjoyed this show.

Tetragrammaton
09-26-2007, 10:34 PM
Me too.

It just boggles my mind that people find them ugly.

Tetragrammaton
09-26-2007, 10:40 PM
As for the show itself.

I thought the pilot should have been 2-hours.

Not enough development of her character, I do not think they have made her particularly likable yet.

Don't see why they felt the need to include the sister character.

Maybe a little more bloody than they need it.

More and perhaps better effects work needed.

I miss the bionic sound.

None of the other characters get any screen time and are all very dry.

Sackhoff as the "evil" bionic woman worked well.

patrickwm68
09-26-2007, 10:42 PM

You've got me so confused. Your post sounds like you don't like Supergirl or Bionic Woman.

Wooktroop
09-26-2007, 10:43 PM
it was fun
i liked the run through the forest scene the best with the sound in her legs. liked it enough to tune in next week

patrickwm68
09-26-2007, 10:43 PM
god it doesn't always have to be a hot girl and she was not ugly at all. I really enjoyed this show.

It wouldn't be believable if she was too hot.

Tetragrammaton
09-26-2007, 10:44 PM
Sorry...we really need a sarcasm smilie.

I think they are both attractive young women. At least we now know that Ryan can act.

patrickwm68
09-26-2007, 10:45 PM
Sorry...we really need a sarcasm smilie.

I think they are both attractive young women. At least we now know that Ryan can act.

She lost the English accent for this right?

Black Cat
09-26-2007, 10:49 PM
It wouldn't be believable if she was too hot.

very true

Tetragrammaton
09-26-2007, 10:50 PM
Yeah, most British actors seem to be able to turn it off fairly easily.

I'd have to re-watch the episode listening for it to see if she let it slip at any point.

DSET
09-26-2007, 10:56 PM
this show was soooo corny
not on the chuck corny level but corny

after watching shows like these it makes me hope for them to bring back dark angel

patrickwm68
09-26-2007, 10:59 PM
this show was soooo corny
not on the chuck corny level but corny

after watching shows like these it makes me hope for them to bring back dark angel

Bring back Dark Angel :laugh: That's a good one.

xreynoldsxcorex
09-27-2007, 12:38 AM
Oh man Tyrol!!

Endless Wake
09-27-2007, 01:03 AM
A little rushed but off to a decent start. Some of the dialogue delivery did come off as corny and dry. Sarah Corvus(Sackhoff), did a pretty good job and has the potential to be the most interesting character on the show.

I hope to see some twists in the future; like maybe the boyfriend is the real mastermind. I hate it when shows play it safe and boring.

moon_knight1971
09-27-2007, 01:24 AM
I only caught the last 15 minutes but it looked pretty good although I didn't get how she was beating up on the 1st bionic woman with both arms and only one of them being bionic. Maybe there's a whole league of bionic women out there?

firestorm
09-27-2007, 08:03 AM
IMHO, for a premiere, not very impressive... will see how it goes as time and some more eps go by... the lead star is very boring and a bad choice, I believe... casting misfired in that respect... good to see Miguel Ferrer and Will Yun Lee again... too bad it's in this, so far, uninteresting NBC entry... Katee Sackhoff as Sarah Corvus was the ONLY interesting thing about this show so far... by the way, did you catch Katee's Battlestar Galactica costar in the ep?... to sum up... if no improvement is forthcoming in the next few weeks, count on this being yanked from the schedule, and very soon, I think...

cougartrace
09-27-2007, 08:04 AM
I didn't like it all..I'll give it another chance, but ugh :banghead:

Foord
09-27-2007, 08:11 AM
Kept waiting for a "Cor Blimey Luv, these new peepers don't half give me an 'eadache!"... Not too bad, but nowhere near the top of my must see list yet.

wolverinejedi007
09-27-2007, 08:13 AM
I really enjoyed it...great show!!

Vince-Vell
09-27-2007, 09:12 AM
I watched it a liked it, better then all those crapy dance and reality shows.

RichBamf
09-27-2007, 09:16 AM

She's a traitor, that's why...

Seriously though, the American accent is quite easy for most actors to get to grips with, because there are so many different local dialects.

Conversely, we've seen Yanks trying Brit accents...D!ck Van Dyke, Brad Pitt, Keanu Reeves...the only one who can pull it off excellently is Johnny Depp, but then he does live here now.

thecallahan
09-27-2007, 09:18 AM
It was ok. I agree that it needed a two hour premiere to really get things going but it will be interesting to see if it will get better. If this bombs, at least we'll know which partner is the true mastermind behind BSG :laugh:

patrickwm68
09-27-2007, 09:35 AM
She's a traitor, that's why...

Seriously though, the American accent is quite easy for most actors to get to grips with, because there are so many different local dialects.

Conversely, we've seen Yanks trying Brit accents...D!ck Van Dyke, Brad Pitt, Keanu Reeves...the only one who can pull it off excellently is Johnny Depp, but then he does live here now.

I thought Johnny Depp lives in Paris?

Devils Drifter
09-27-2007, 09:36 AM
I liked lead actress, I thought she was hot and Sackhoff is an excellent villain.

What I didn't like was that it felt rushed. I don't think the good and bad bionic woman should have had a throw down already. Too many corny lines and what was that sex scene about. First she's majorily pissed at her boyfriend for turning her into a cyborg but then she's sleeping with him. :confused:

I also would have liekd her getting used to her bionics a bit more and she should not have won the fight against the other more experienced Bionic Woman.

Again, I like it and I think that the actors will grow more into their roles. One thing that I did love about the original bionic Woman is that she could act.

- DD

bat_collector
09-27-2007, 09:38 AM
it was ok, not great though

Justin
09-27-2007, 10:03 AM

You think Brit accents are bad? Mate they have an aussie on the new season of Prison Break putting on an Aussie accent!! :banghead: It's flamming terrible! :thumbsdow

patrickwm68
09-27-2007, 10:05 AM
A pilot can make or break a show. They probably wanted to pack as much stuff into the first episode as possible to hook the viewer. I'm betting the 2nd episode will be paced better.

patrickwm68
09-27-2007, 10:06 AM
In a recent episode of Dr.Who, the one where they were in old NY. I heard some pretty bad American accents.

protector2814
09-27-2007, 11:01 AM
It was pretty good. Not as good as the hype suggested. The pilot felt rushed to me. The story could have easily stretched into a 2 hour movie or 2-parter. They just squeezed as much as they possibly could into it like they had a gun at their heads. The "tender" love-making scene around two thirds into the show just didn't fit in.
Also, I wish I had a job that I could just walk out of or a family member who needed my help but was o-k if I just vanished for a week or two.
3rd gripe - the bad guy who Bionic Women #1 kept returning to's accent was so thick, I had trouble understanding what the F he was babbling about.
It's like Alias is starting all over again.

Endless Wake
09-27-2007, 11:32 AM
3rd gripe - the bad guy who Bionic Women #1 kept returning to's accent was so thick, I had trouble understanding what the F he was babbling about.
It's like Alias is starting all over again.Everytime that guy was on I adjusted my volume, the only thing I understood for sure was, "YOU FAILED ME".

protector2814
09-27-2007, 11:39 AM
Everytime that guy was on I adjusted my volume, the only thing I understood for sure was, "YOU FAILED ME".

Me too...and only because he scribbled it on a wall.
When he was having his talk w/ the guy in the bar (chief from BSG, by the way) I just figured I'd have to wait 'till the next scene and hopefully I'd figure out what was said by what happens.

wolverinejedi007
09-27-2007, 12:48 PM
did the first bionic woman(blond) break the second ones normal arm??? or did I just imaging to crack...

If so can she really heal that quick, especially having it broken by a bionic arm???

thats my only gripe..for now

Endless Wake
09-27-2007, 12:48 PM
Me too...and only because he scribbled it on a wall.
When he was having his talk w/ the guy in the bar (chief from BSG, by the way) I just figured I'd have to wait 'till the next scene and hopefully I'd figure out what was said by what happens.:laugh:, yeah I had to translate to my girlfriend that the chief worked at the maximum secruity prison and they had his wife hostage on the phone so he could help daddy escape. At least I think thats what happened.:redface:

Endless Wake
09-27-2007, 12:49 PM
did the first bionic woman(blond) break the second ones normal arm??? or did I just imaging to crack...

If so can she really heal that quick, especially having it broken by a bionic arm???

thats my only gripe..for nowYeah, I noticed Jamie was using it just fine seconds later. No way should she heal that quickly, NBC already has an invulnerable cheerleader. They need to tone that power down a notch, at least to a few hours.

Teague
09-27-2007, 12:58 PM
I was really disappointed in that pilot. Man, I was expecting better.

I know we're supposed to be in the dark about who's bad and who's good (sorta), but the problem is that I don't yet care, really.

Michelle Ryan may have been focusing on her accent more than her acting in this first ep, but there were some moments in the show where I was stunned by how badly the lines were being read. Like there was nothing there.

The "You Failed Me" guy (who I will heretofore call Mushmouth) was interesting, but man, writers, give the guy some actual dialogue. What I made out was him talking about Disneyland being full of fat families with fat children...and yeah, I get he's supposed to be evil and all, but why give the guy a weird obsession like that? I get a Roy Batty-vibe from him, like he's supposed to maybe be an anti-hero bad guy dude, but he's going to have to get a lot cooler than that to make it work. Same for the blonde chick (who's all bionic...so she's a robot with a brain now? And why did she replace her chest? Does she have bionic boobs? And if so, what in the hell do they do?)

The sister is there to humanize Jaime (read: put in jeopardy when the plot requires it). Also, why Jaime had sex with her boyfriend who just sort of ruined her life? Yeah, not feeling that scene.

The whole thing felt oddly lifeless. Robotic. Which might be ironic, but it's not all that interesting. I'll keep watching, see if it gets better.

hawkeyethearcher
09-27-2007, 01:07 PM
I liked lead actress, I thought she was hot and Sackhoff is an excellent villain.

What I didn't like was that it felt rushed. I don't think the good and bad bionic woman should have had a throw down already. Too many corny lines and what was that sex scene about. First she's majorily pissed at her boyfriend for turning her into a cyborg but then she's sleeping with him. :confused:

I also would have liekd her getting used to her bionics a bit more and she should not have won the fight against the other more experienced Bionic Woman.

Again, I like it and I think that the actors will grow more into their roles. One thing that I did love about the original bionic Woman is that she could act.

- DD

ditto

and the writing reminded me of the last scene in the ghost rider movie from nic cage. bunch o nonsense

hawkeyethearcher
09-27-2007, 01:09 PM
i assumed they had sex cause she wanted to feel more human again more then her want of him. they didnt really get around to any character development though so i cant tell. either 2 hours or leave a bunch of stuff out. that should have been what they did.

Endless Wake
09-27-2007, 01:13 PM
The kid sister is some kind of computer hacker so you know once Jamie spills the secret the sister will be qualified to hack her bionics.

One thing that I did like a lot was the line that technology is really much more advanced than people know and it has to be protected.

CocoPUFF
09-27-2007, 01:40 PM
the only thing I didn't like about it was the girl fight at the end with the two chicks....since when did they become kung fu masters? Real women punch, kick and pull hair, and scratch each others eyes out! That last fight just came off too cheezy and unbelievable for me...other than that....I just MIGHT watch it next week....I'll just have to move the grand opening of my garage door to friday...(fat chance)

Tetragrammaton
09-27-2007, 01:41 PM
Makes sense that the technology is so advanced, having been reverse engineered from Megatron and all.

The show so far has shown very little charm. Very matter of fact. BSG also trys to be very real, but the characters are much more interesting than the Bionic cast so far.

Interestingly, her sister was deaf in the original pilot and they did away with that entirely. It's the only major change I noticed with the aired episode.

Teague
09-27-2007, 01:44 PM
the only thing I didn't like about it was the girl fight at the end with the two chicks....since when did they become kung fu masters? Real women punch, kick and pull hair, and scratch each others eyes out! That last fight just came off too cheezy and unbelievable for me...other than that....I just MIGHT watch it next week....I'll just have to move the grand opening of my garage door to friday...(fat chance)

They explained earlier that they had combat-software implanted in their cerebral cortex. So that's why, I guess.

Still seemed too fast for Jaime to pick up on it all, though.

Teague
09-27-2007, 01:46 PM
Makes sense that the technology is so advanced, having been reverse engineered from Megatron and all.

:laugh:

The show so far has shown very little charm. Very matter of fact. BSG also trys to be very real, but the characters are much more interesting than the Bionic cast so far.

Interestingly, her sister was deaf in the original pilot and they did away with that entirely. It's the only major change I noticed with the aired episode.

I agree that it lacks charm so far.

The deaf sister angle would have been a hell of a lot better than the generic rebellious teen that we have now. I wonder why they write out good stuff like that? Weird.

Tetragrammaton
09-27-2007, 01:46 PM
As part of the bionic upgrade they both got microchip brain implants with military and fighting packages.

Technically, while Jamie might only have one bionic arm and no experience, she does have the latest model technology while Sarah's at least three years out-of-date.

bat_collector
09-27-2007, 01:57 PM
this show isn't worth all this dialogue, yet

fanboys can be so easily impressed, lol

protector2814
09-27-2007, 02:02 PM
They explained earlier that they had combat-software implanted in their cerebral cortex. So that's why, I guess.

How freakin' convenient. They did all this to her (bionic surgery, brain-chip insertion plus nano-healing abilities) in the time it would take for a quickie weekend skiing trip.
How about her bubbly college BBFs who came and watched her kid sis. Did they just end up leaving the kid? "Sorry....your sis never came back. Try and get yourself to school, kay".

I tell ya...with all the hype this show had they should have launced it with a well-paced, 2 hour kick-off.

rric528
09-27-2007, 03:45 PM
I saw previews of this and her sister was deaf.

My wife, who is deaf was watching it last night w/ closed captioning and said that the sister character did not seem deaf and did not sign.

Was the character deaf or did they change that?

EDIT: Sorry, read deeper in the thread and found the answer. does anyone know why they changed it?

stormshadow007
09-27-2007, 03:49 PM
I thought it was okay. I was surprised that they yanked off Michelle Rodriguez from the premiere as she was supposed to play the original bionic woman, which they previewed on youtube a while back.

Jesse321
09-27-2007, 03:50 PM
EDIT: Sorry, read deeper in the thread and found the answer. does anyone know why they changed it?
Probably didn't do well with the focus groups that were shown the show prior to it's airing ... the same thing happened with Heroes, if you watch the original pilot there are whole sequences that were cut out of the actual aired pilot episode.

Son of Jor-El
09-27-2007, 05:41 PM
Me too.

It just boggles my mind that people find them ugly.

Dont get me wrong,she is a very pretty looking girl but she's no Lindsay Wagner.

htwhlr
09-27-2007, 05:46 PM
I liked it. Can't say there has been many shows that I've actually sat and watched in the last few years.

htwhlr

Jesse321
09-27-2007, 05:54 PM
I really find it interesting that several people have mentioned how they don't like the super spy / "Alias" type format for the show .. but that's kind of funny because that's what the original Bionic Woman was, so if anything "Alias" really copied the original BW format.

bat_collector
09-27-2007, 06:14 PM
I thought it was okay. I was surprised that they yanked off Michelle Rodriguez from the premiere as she was supposed to play the original bionic woman, which they previewed on youtube a while back.

Michelle rodriguez was supposed to be on it!!! dammit

first they killer her off on lost and now this

good thing libby was no where to be found

bat_collector
09-27-2007, 06:15 PM
I really find it interesting that several people have mentioned how they don't like the super spy / "Alias" type format for the show .. but that's kind of funny because that's what the original Bionic Woman was, so if anything "Alias" really copied the original BW format.

I'd really love to see the original series

boondocksaint
09-27-2007, 06:16 PM
damn! i missed it!

protector2814
09-27-2007, 06:23 PM

I'm not sure I agree although I do see where your coming from. In the original, Jamie travled the globe as a tennis pro. Solving whacky mysteries under the guise of a 70's modern-woman. Her mysteries were far from heavy; teaming up with the 6 million dollar man to find a hidden big-foot, helping the bionic boy ease into the heavy peer-pressure of high-school, helping russian gymnists defect "I luve dis ice-cream".
Never did I see Jamie Summers #1 snap the neck of a fellow spy or dress up like a prostiture to sneak into a chinese mob hang-out.
Alias, and Le Femme Nikita kicked off the T.V. run of cinematic, sexy, stone-cold killer chicks.
Lindsey Wagner enjoyed pie and milk after her adventures....o-k, maybe a quickie w/ Col. Steve Austin.

patrickwm68
09-27-2007, 06:35 PM
If the original never existed and they made it today exactly like it was in 70's it would fail miserably. No one wants to see a hippy chick with super powers.

You purists make me laugh.

CocoPUFF
09-27-2007, 06:38 PM

oh....well shows how much i liked it then huh?:)

protector2814
09-27-2007, 07:14 PM
If the original never existed and they made it today exactly like it was in 70's it would fail miserably. No one wants to see a hippy chick with super powers.

You purists make me laugh.

I was just talking about the original. I wasn't suggesting that it would fly today or was in someway better. Different times, different feel.

Jesse321
09-27-2007, 07:24 PM
I'm not sure I agree although I do see where your coming from. In the original, Jamie travled the globe as a tennis pro. Solving whacky mysteries under the guise of a 70's modern-woman. Her mysteries were far from heavy; teaming up with the 6 million dollar man to find a hidden big-foot, helping the bionic boy ease into the heavy peer-pressure of high-school, helping russian gymnists defect "I luve dis ice-cream".
Never did I see Jamie Summers #1 snap the neck of a fellow spy or dress up like a prostiture to sneak into a chinese mob hang-out.
Alias, and Le Femme Nikita kicked off the T.V. run of cinematic, sexy, stone-cold killer chicks.
Lindsey Wagner enjoyed pie and milk after her adventures....o-k, maybe a quickie w/ Col. Steve Austin.
The general premise is the same, if not the exact situations .. are you going to tell me that horror films that were made back in the 70's came to anywhere near the level of violence and gore of todays?

Jesse321
09-27-2007, 07:25 PM
I'd really love to see the original series
It's being released on DVD.

patrickwm68
09-27-2007, 07:31 PM
The general premise is the same, if not the exact situations .. are you going to tell me that horror films that were made back in the 70's came to anywhere near the level of violence and gore of todays?

Did you ever see Zombie 2 or Cannibal Holocaust?

protector2814
09-27-2007, 07:32 PM

Well sure. But you can make that comparison w/ any film/tv genre. Hopalong Cassidy made good westerns back in the 40's but they sure don't remind me alot of Eastwood's Unforgiven.
The only thing Bionic Woman has in common w/ the 70's version is the name, Jamie Summers and the limbs and organ replaced.

patrickwm68
09-27-2007, 07:34 PM
I liked The Bionic Woman and The Six Million Dollar Man when I was a kid but I don't think I could sit through it now. I know I can't watch the Hulk show anymore.

protector2814
09-27-2007, 07:38 PM
I liked The Bionic Woman and The Six Million Dollar Man when I was a kid but I don't think I could sit through it now. I know I can't watch the Hulk show anymore.

Sci-fi was airing eps. of the six, mill, man not too ong back. Kind of fun to revisit. Lee Majors was cool back then. The pilot was good. He freaked when he woke up in the recovery room. I remember he powderized a drinking glass with his shiny hand. The show got progressively worse. By te end, he was sporting leisure suits and saving Shawn Cassidy from disco-owning, drug dealers. But then.....The Fall Guy.

patrickwm68
09-27-2007, 07:40 PM
Sci-fi was airing eps. of the six, mill, man not too ong back. Kind of fun to revisit. Lee Majors was cool back then. The pilot was good. He freaked when he woke up in the recovery room. I remember he powderized a drinking glass with his shiny hand. The show got progressively worse. By te end, he was sporting leisure suits and saving Shawn Cassidy from disco-owning, drug dealers. But then.....The Fall Guy.

The episodes I liked the most were The Space Probe and the Bionic Sasquatch ones. The episode of Bionic Woman that stands out is when she was a pro wrestler wearing that Indian outfit.

protector2814
09-27-2007, 07:44 PM
.... The episode of Bionic Woman that stands out is when she was a pro wrestler wearing that Indian outfit.

LOL - Sure...that Bionic Woman is a lot like the one that aired last night. Same Premise. It'll just be a matter of time before this new Bionic Woman wrestles in an indian costume. But they'll have to update "native american" costume.

Teague
09-27-2007, 07:44 PM
damn! i missed it!

It's up on NBC.com, boon, so you can still catch it. They may also be re-running some of these big-push shows on Saturday night...this has a good shot at being one of them. They've already got "Chuck" and "Heroes" scheduled for a re-play.

Bullseye
09-27-2007, 07:57 PM
Did you ever see Zombie 2 or Cannibal Holocaust?

I don't consider those horror but exploitation and cruetly to animals. If you like Italian Horror check out some Dario Argento work.

Endless Wake
09-27-2007, 08:01 PM
I remember the ones with the robot faced ladies.

patrickwm68
09-27-2007, 08:01 PM
Just so you know I hate Cannibal Holocaust for that very reason but Zombie 2 is horror. It was supposed to be the italian sequel to Night of the Living Dead. It had a zombie fighting a shark, I laughed, and what about when the zombie pulled the woman through the door and the wood went into her eye?

Bullseye
09-27-2007, 08:09 PM
Yeah i meant to say CH and not include Zombie 2.

Black Cat
09-27-2007, 09:29 PM
a little bit of info I ran across

Bionic Woman was NBC's highest-rated program in its time period in nearly three years -- excluding Olympics -- since a special episode of The Apprentice on September 29, 2004.

Bionic Woman built on its lead-in from the previous hour by 112 percent.

rilynil
09-27-2007, 10:23 PM
Michelle rodriguez was supposed to be on it!!! dammit

first they killer her off on lost and now this

good thing libby was no where to be found

Michelle Rodriguez??? Damn, she would have been great as the original bionic woman!

rilynil
09-27-2007, 10:26 PM
All in all, I liked enough of the premiere to make me watch it next week. I thought it started off really well, but the cheese factor went up a couple of notches in the last 20 minutes.

Still, I liked it. I'm going to give it a good look.

fossa2
09-28-2007, 12:23 PM
Exactly, as quick as I checked it out, I went right back to the Met game.

& how is that working out for you???
Should have stuck with the BW :)

Mets are in the process of a *HUGE* choke & having half of NYC mutiny on them. Right now there are 4 teams battling for 2 spots & the way the Mets have been playing lately they will not be 1 of the 2.

fossa2
09-28-2007, 12:24 PM
All in all, I liked enough of the premiere to make me watch it next week. I thought it started off really well, but the cheese factor went up a couple of notches in the last 20 minutes.

Still, I liked it. I'm going to give it a good look.

What do you mean by the cheese factor :confused:

hawkeyethearcher
09-28-2007, 02:00 PM
if you missed it and you have tivo you can download it for free wihtout commercials. just check the amazon.com free downloads through your tivo. if you dont know how to do this go to tivo.com and it is all there

rilynil
09-28-2007, 02:46 PM
What do you mean by the cheese factor :confused:
The dialogue grew much more stilted and cliched and the good guy/bad guy-let's-kung-fu-fight-like-we've-been-doing-it-for-years scene felt more than a bit forced and unrealistic. I'd give the first 25 minutes of the show a B+ and the last 17 minutes or so a C. Maybe.

glassdancer
09-28-2007, 03:00 PM
Michelle Rodriguez??? Damn, she would have been great as the original bionic woman!

Actually Rily,.....

I saw the show last night (TEVO) for the first time, and I have to admit, I actually liked it. I enjoyed the way it started,.....kinda reminded me of a scene you'd see in an Alien flick or even a scene on the game HALO.

But the truth is after reading this post,....I thought about it more and more, and the more I thought about it, the LESS I could see Michelle Rodriguez playing the role of Jamie Sommers......I suppose when I think of Michelle, I see a very "gruff" actress. Once is is already being "type-casted" in most of her roles for coming off as a VERY abrasive character. It's kinda hard (FOR ME) to picture her being a more "wholesome", girl-next-door type.....or even moreso, the naieve type,.....which is how I've always perceived Jamie Sommers to be...(both back in the day in the original TV series) as well as even in the way in which this present day Jamie is being portrayed. Allthough, we did get a sense of her strength (or at least her ability to be "strong" when need be), when dealing with something as though as being the Father AND mother figure" to her younger sister........so who knows...?? I suppose the show was only an hour so far as there is much more time for character development, so I'm willing to give htis actress a chance. Overall, I think she did a fairly decent job. But on the other side of the coin, I don't think Michelle would have been a "better" choice. Again, it doesn't mean that she wouldn't do a good job at the character as I have no doubt she would succeed at being a convincing strong (physically) character,.....but again as far as her being the "better" choice for the character OVERALL,.....not too sure......

But yes, the show was good for me and I look forward to seeing it again next week.

I am looking forward to seeing the Sara Conners Chronicles as well.......haven't heard much about this show yet....?

Cheers!

-GD.

rilynil
09-28-2007, 03:12 PM
Slow down, GD. :laugh: Michelle Rodriguez was originally intended to play the original bionic woman on the show, NOT Jamie Summers. She would have been the blond girl with two bionic arms who fought Jamie Summers.. I think Michelle would have made an excellent villain in the show. :) :thumbs2:

glassdancer
09-28-2007, 03:19 PM
Slow down, GD. :laugh: Michelle Rodriguez was originally intended to play the original bionic woman on the show, NOT Jamie Summers. She would have been the blond girl with two bionic arms who fought Jamie Summers.. I think Michelle would have made an excellent villain in the show. :) :thumbs2:

Ooohhhhhhhh!!!!

Ok,....

In that case, then YES, YES, and Double yes!!!! I would agree as she WOULD have done a great job playing the VILLAIN. I'm sorry brother,...I either misread your note or just jumped the gun!!!

My bad!!!

Yes, they should have cast Michelle for the villain girl. Although I thought the blond did an "ok" job,....I just didn't like the part when they were on the roof top and she said "time out", pulled out a ciagrette and took a drag,....then said "time in" and started to fight,.....the only thing I could think to myself at that moment was the scene in Disney's the Incredibles,.....

When Syndrome has the Incredibles at bay,....and then he starts to "monologue.."......this is clear out of the old TV Batman series, when the Joker or Riddler has Batman and Robin and could easily take them out and then starts to "monolgue" or starts to go through a whole production.....

That moment almost seemed TOO corny, even for a remake of an older show such as the Bionic Woman...

So yes, I agree with you 100% as Michelle would have been a prime choice for that part....:thumbs2:

protector2814
09-28-2007, 04:24 PM
speaking of "reminded", when this Jamie Summers was about to jump from roof to roof for the 1st time, didn't it seem straight out of Spiderman I?, complete with the near miss.

glassdancer
09-28-2007, 04:34 PM
speaking of "reminded", when this Jamie Summers was about to jump from roof to roof for the 1st time, didn't it seem straight out of Spiderman I?, complete with the near miss.

Great observation!!!!

:thumbs2:

rilynil
09-28-2007, 04:45 PM
That's when I became aware of a bit of a cheese factor. Who in their right mind would test out their leaping ability by leaping from rooftops in the middle of the day? Why not drive outside of the city and try things out there?

protector2814
09-28-2007, 04:52 PM
That's when I became aware of a bit of a cheese factor. Who in their right mind would test out their leaping ability by leaping from rooftops in the middle of the day? Why not drive outside of the city and try things out there?

It never seemed to phase her, these new Bionic abilities. I was waiting for the "wow, I can do this scene" but it never came. She just kinda excepted them after her too brief freak-out upon waking up.
Jumped a roof, almost tumbled to her death, then went to the bar where there were 100s of people yet she hardly poured a drink. These are the reasons the show felt rushed. An old-fashioned 2-parter where we get to see her mentally absorb what happened would have worked. Still, I did enjoy it. I came in as a BSG fan wanting to see what my kids were up to over break.

fossa2
09-28-2007, 11:34 PM
oh ok.

Michelle Ryan was #4 on the British FHM 's 100 Sexiest Women list in 2005. Her body is *HOT*, her face is fine! Are we watching the same show???

she was not ugly at all

Agree. See above.

Don't see why they felt the need to include the sister character.

These shows always include a family/personal life element.

Maybe a little more bloody than they need it.

Nah.

More and perhaps better effects work needed.

That may come.

Sackhoff as the "evil" bionic woman worked well.

Agree.

She slips in & out of it very easily. Camera on , accent off. Camera off, accent on.

I didn't get how she was beating up on the 1st bionic woman with both arms and only one of them being bionic.

Better bionics/implants/micro chips...maybe???

What I didn't like was that it felt rushed. I don't think the good and bad bionic woman should have had a throw down already.

Agree. Guess they wanted a big fight scene in ep #1...

A pilot can make or break a show. They probably wanted to pack as much stuff into the first episode as possible to hook the viewer.

Agree.

I agree. WTF was he saying? I switched on the closed captioning. It also helps having a DVR so I can run it back.

Everytime that guy was on I adjusted my volume, the only thing I understood for sure was, "YOU FAILED ME".

Yeah. That was pretty clear :laugh:

It sure seemed that way...

yeah I had to translate to my girlfriend that the chief worked at the maximum secruity prison and they had his wife hostage on the phone so he could help daddy escape. At least I think thats what happened.

It wasn't the chief. It was a guard that worked at the prison.

Training with Jaye starts next week.

It's up on NBC.com, boon, so you can still catch it. They may also be re-running some of these big-push shows on Saturday night...this has a good shot at being one of them. They've already got "Chuck" and "Heroes" scheduled for a re-play.

Sci-Fi channel re-ran it tonight at 7 EST.

a little bit of info I ran across

Bionic Woman was NBC's highest-rated program in its time period in nearly three years -- excluding Olympics -- since a special episode of The Apprentice on September 29, 2004.

Bionic Woman built on its lead-in from the previous hour by 112 percent.

:buttrock:

I am looking forward to seeing the Sara Conners Chronicles as well.......haven't heard much about this show yet....?

All I've heard is good things :thumbs2:

Yupper. I thought the same thing.

It never seemed to phase her, these new Bionic abilities. I was waiting for the "wow, I can do this scene" but it never came.

They did not work it quite it that way. She was horrified when she almost killed that mugger. It was more a "wow, I almost killed someone" scene.

I think I just established the record for multi-quoting in 1 post :)

Endless Wake
09-29-2007, 02:35 AM
[B]It wasn't the chief. It was a guard that worked at the prison.The actor plays the chief on BSG.

When is Sarah Conner's show starting?

protector2814
09-29-2007, 08:35 AM
Another BSG Transplant in the show - The guy who's released from prison at the end of BW plays Gias' lawyer in BSG.
They film BW on the same lot as BSG so I presume actors were just able to waddle from one show over to the next.
I bet we'll be seeing lots of BSG actors in the coming weeks.

Gangleri
09-29-2007, 02:41 PM
The "Combat" chips reminded me of a SCIFI show concept that has been used before. The show had a agent that could (after a accident) have skills and knowlege downloaded into his brain...tailored to each mission he was sent on. If he got into unexpected situations they could send additional info/skills with a phone connection. Can't think of the name of the show right now...anyone else remember?? They might use this gimick with the BW.

Teague
09-29-2007, 02:49 PM
The "Combat" chips reminded me of a SCIFI show concept that has been used before. The show had a agent that could (after a accident) have skills and knowlege downloaded into his brain...tailored to each mission he was sent on. If he got into unexpected situations they could send additional info/skills with a phone connection. Can't think of the name of the show right now...anyone else remember?? They might use this gimick with the BW.

I don't know the show to which you're referring, but they used it in The Matrix, and lots of techno-future sci-fi plots. I have no idea who used it first, but I'd guess it was a sci-fi novelist waaaay back in the day.

Might be a good way for BW to go, though.

fossa2
09-29-2007, 08:45 PM
The actor plays the chief on BSG.

Oh...OK.

When is Sarah Conner's show starting?
January. On FOX.

patrickwm68
09-29-2007, 11:02 PM
Watched BW tonight and I thought it was great. I didn't find it corny or cheesy at all. I understand they tried to cram a lot into the first episode in order to grab the viewer. I'm looking forward to seeing where they will go with this and it looks like the "Bad BW" will be an ongoing adversary which is cool. It was cool to see 3 actors from Battlestar in it.

Favorite line:

"I'm Sarah Corvis, the first bionic woman....ta daaa"

zatoichi
09-30-2007, 11:00 AM

WHAT?:eek:

The actress that plays Jamie Summers is HOT!!!

It's the same actress that played the Assistant in the recent BBC series 'JEKYLL'

Smoking HOT!

Plot, story line, acting ability?

Is THIS what any of us really want out of TV?

It's only TV for goodness sake.

I say do away with plot, story, acting ability and have that actress making a PB & J for an hour in her underwear.

Now THAT would be great television!:thumbs2:

Oh, and I did happen to like the first episode of Bionic Woman

Johnneeukca
09-30-2007, 11:17 AM
I watched this the other night. Sorry guys, I thought it was rubbish. Aside from a couple of good lines the script was terrible. The only thing worth watching this for was Sackhoff as the bad BW.

Unless this changes direction sharpish my prediction is it won't last until Christmas.

twisterred
10-01-2007, 06:00 PM
if you enjoyed the first episode please watch the second. It won it's time slot last week. I know they had to reshoot some of this weeks episode at the last minute since my business partner was supposed to present some show concepts to the producer last weekend. It's pretty good in a dark way.

Teague
10-01-2007, 06:55 PM
if you enjoyed the first episode please watch the second. It won it's time slot last week. I know they had to reshoot some of this weeks episode at the last minute since my business partner was supposed to present some show concepts to the producer last weekend. It's pretty good in a dark way.

I didn't enjoy the first episode, but I'm still planning on giving it a few more eps to get better. I think the foundation of the show is pretty solid; the first ep was just rushed and poorly developed. If the writing improves, and the actors get more comfortable in their roles, it has a shot at succeeding.

But if it doesn't improve, this show is doomed, I think. I've spoken with tons of people about it--other TV critics, and fans alike, and very few people had much good to say about it.

twisterred
10-01-2007, 09:18 PM
I didn't enjoy the first episode, but I'm still planning on giving it a few more eps to get better. I think the foundation of the show is pretty solid; the first ep was just rushed and poorly developed. If the writing improves, and the actors get more comfortable in their roles, it has a shot at succeeding.

But if it doesn't improve, this show is doomed, I think. I've spoken with tons of people about it--other TV critics, and fans alike, and very few people had much good to say about it.

I've heard mixed reviews. Personally, I thought that it was okay. Not the best new series out there but not the worst. That Kelsey Grahmer one was pretty bad along with a couple of others.
I'm not certain why the second episode was redone so late. In the end if it keeps winning its time slot it'll be around despite the critics.

boondocksaint
10-01-2007, 09:23 PM
i better not miss this wed like i missed the first one! ugh!!

cougartrace
10-04-2007, 08:47 AM
I thought the 2nd episode was also subpar...they get one more chance with me

protector2814
10-04-2007, 08:50 AM
I thought the 2nd episode was also subpar...they get one more chance with me

You nailed it. Way too many holes to be forgiven.

Only one BSG cameo that I noticed in this ep.

Endless Wake
10-04-2007, 09:19 AM
This show still needs alot of work.

Foord
10-04-2007, 11:56 AM
After watching Pushing Daisies I completely lost interest in Bionic Woman. It won't last, IMO.

Tetragrammaton
10-04-2007, 12:02 PM
A better episode than the first but still far from great.

I thought Ryan did a good job in making her character seem a little more alive but everyone else comes across as a government-type zombie.

This show won't have a second season unless they decide (and right now) to make the show fun. Not campy, but making this a somber and dark series is a fundamental mistake.

patrickwm68
10-04-2007, 12:16 PM
A fun entertaining show, I don't take it too literally.

So the director Tim Matheson, is that the same guy who played in Animal House?

The black guy she met in the book store, is that the actor who made the anti-gay remarks on Grey's Anatomy?

The principle she went to see at the beginning is from Battlestar Galactica.

spenca7
10-04-2007, 12:21 PM
was battlestar galactica on tv when she went into the empty house in the town?

wolverinejedi007
10-04-2007, 12:21 PM
I dont like the way they just dismissed the survivor as immune to the toxic chemical...
whay not do some tests on her and try to make a vaccine, or do they already have one since they created the toxin???

Other wise, will Starbuck(Sara) get laid every episode???

Tetragrammaton
10-04-2007, 12:22 PM
was battlestar galactica on tv when she went into the empty house in the town?Yes.

protector2814
10-04-2007, 12:27 PM
was battlestar galactica on tv when she went into the empty house in the town?

Battle scene from the original mini-series.

Great call on the principle. That one slipped by me.

rilynil
10-04-2007, 05:22 PM
I enjoyed the second episode much more than the first! I'll be watching it every week now. :)

fossa2
10-04-2007, 09:59 PM
The black guy she met in the book store, is that the actor who made the anti-gay remarks on Grey's Anatomy?

Yup. Isaiah Washington.

I enjoyed the second episode much more than the first!

I didn't. Liked the 1st ep better. We disagree again :D

Still enough there to keep me coming back (for now), but I thought the toxic chemical story line was lame & handled pretty badly.
& Will is DEAD!?!?!?! He was shot in the *shoulder*! That really threw me...I was wondering whose funeral they were attending & who died in the first ep. I think his *death* had to be faked & he will be back later in the series.

fossa2
10-10-2007, 10:09 PM
BEST EPISODE YET :buttrock:

Jesse321
10-10-2007, 10:23 PM
They REALLY amped up the story in tonights episode!!

thecallahan
10-11-2007, 01:55 AM
It's not that good of a show just yet but I'm happy that with each episode they're improving. Starbuck continues to prove she's the best thing about the show too.

cougartrace
10-11-2007, 08:46 AM
it was the best episode, but the show is still crap right now..

the training fights are too long and boring at the moment

protector2814
10-11-2007, 10:13 AM
...Starbuck continues to prove she's the best thing about the show too.

Agreed.

Afterburner
10-11-2007, 03:23 PM
Mmmm....Kara Thrace rulz! :buttrock:

glassdancer
10-11-2007, 04:01 PM
I'm starting to get annoyed with the Blonde Bionic Woman....

"You need me as much as I need you, Jaime..."

yaddah, yaddah, yaddah......

rilynil
10-11-2007, 07:34 PM
The show's still not quite clicking. This week's episode, IMO, took a step backward. Too many cliches tossed around.

patrickwm68
10-11-2007, 07:42 PM
I spotted a "Eureka" sighting in this week show. One of the guys on the computer is the same guy who runs the restaurant on Eureka.

cougartrace
10-18-2007, 09:00 AM
was the latest episode any good? I missed it.

rilynil
10-18-2007, 10:11 AM
It was OK. I'm not that impressed with the series, but it's been giving me a couple of moments per show that make me want to keep watching for now.

wolverinejedi007
10-18-2007, 12:17 PM
What was with the toe thing???

rilynil
10-18-2007, 02:16 PM
What was with the toe thing???
My guess is that it was a way to show that Jamie's bionics aren't perfect and she'll break down too, like the other one. They must have been trying to save on special effects because they never actually showed the toe, unless I blinked and missed it. :laugh:

Vince-Vell
10-18-2007, 02:49 PM
Well i lost intrest in the series. Found myself at my desk doing custom work more then watching the show.

If a show can keep me away from my art desk, its damn good! But this show isnt cutting it anymore.

thecallahan
10-18-2007, 03:08 PM
What's funny is, all the new shows. I watched them for two weeks at least and at this point I don't care if I miss them. Reaper, Bionic Woman, Life, Cane... I've missed at least one episode each and I could care less. I guess this fall lineup is a loser (at least towards new shows)

And stupid House already missing a week.

spider-man
10-18-2007, 03:31 PM
yea, it just seems as though they could have done a better job with this show.

rilynil
10-18-2007, 03:32 PM
The heavy-handedness of last night's theme of "lying makes people feel bad" had me groaning out loud more than a few times.

fossa2
10-19-2007, 06:35 PM
it's been giving me a couple of moments per show that make me want to keep watching for now.

Agree

they never actually showed the toe, unless I blinked and missed it. :laugh:

I was hoping we would see her sexy toe :buttrock:

The heavy-handedness of last night's theme of "lying makes people feel bad" had me groaning out loud more than a few times.

Agree 100%

Better?

:)

JadeGiant
10-19-2007, 06:39 PM
we passed this week and are about to remove it from our weekly recordings

patrickwm68
10-19-2007, 06:45 PM
I can't figure out what you're all b!tchin' about. Me and the wife really like it.

If you wanna see a really bad show check out Sci-Fi's Flash Gordon then see if Bionic Woman is as bad as you think.

JadeGiant
10-19-2007, 06:47 PM
I can't figure out what you're all b!tchin' about. Me and the wife really like it.

not b!tchin ... just not feeling it ... and this was my wifes most anticipated show of the season

patrickwm68
10-19-2007, 06:50 PM
not b!tchin ... just not feeling it ... and this was my wifes most anticipated show of the season

You're wife's not feeling it either?

I've seen a lot worse shows, I like BW.

I dropped Moonlight...even Vampires couldn't save this snorefest.

rilynil
10-19-2007, 07:07 PM
Moonlight is no good? I was considering giving it a try. :(

I just don't watch a lot of TV. In fact, the only current shows I watch are Lost, Heroes and Survivor. Lost just sets the bar really high for other shows, and I've got to admit that Heroes this season hasn't had the same pop that last season did.

patrickwm68
10-19-2007, 07:12 PM
Moonlight is no good? I was considering giving it a try. :(

I just don't watch a lot of TV. In fact, the only current shows I watch are Lost, Heroes and Survivor. Lost just sets the bar really high for other shows, and I've got to admit that Heroes this season hasn't had the same pop that last season did.

Moonlight is ultra boring. It's a show with a lot of pretty people in pretty clothes and they just happen to be vampires. They're immune to sunlight (it just makes them sick), stakes, crosses, garlic, holy water. The only thing that can kill them is beheading.

rilynil
10-19-2007, 07:23 PM
Vampires immune to sunlight? That's just silly. :(

rilynil
10-19-2007, 07:28 PM
Agree

I was hoping we would see her sexy toe :buttrock:

Agree 100%

Better?

:)

Yes, much better! :thumbs2:

cougartrace
10-25-2007, 08:41 AM
I'm through with this show. It's just too boring at the moment

thecallahan
10-25-2007, 09:19 AM
Missed two weeks in a row and couldn't care less. A good sign I won't be watching it again, ahh well, at least I'll still have BSG for one more glorious season.

bat_collector
10-25-2007, 09:26 AM
UI never saw past the first episode. Already gave up on Pushing Daiseys (too gimmicky, and I hate the lead actors). That leaves Reaper for me, which I like.

Foord
10-25-2007, 09:39 AM
Saw it last night in between innings and thought it was pretty good. She puts on a great English accent too.

bat_collector
10-25-2007, 10:02 AM
Saw it last night in between innings and thought it was pretty good. She puts on a great English accent too.

she is british, after all

Jesse321
10-25-2007, 10:03 AM

Actually, that's her natural accent .. she's British .. she puts on an American accent for the show.

wolverinejedi007
10-25-2007, 10:13 AM
She is very cute... but when she was doing the accent she was HOT!!!

VaultMan
10-25-2007, 10:35 AM
Hows this show going? I heard this thing was close to getting cancelled. :(

Jesse321
10-25-2007, 11:13 AM

Not great, but still decent, Private Practice beat the show out in last weeks run according to the ratings, which most definitely isn't a good sign. Issah Washington joining the cast is REALLY hurting this show, just goes to prove you don't need to be mechanical or bionic to be a complete tool! They need to get his ass off this show ASAFP or it will end up in the crapper before the season is out!! The last 9 episodes of the show have still not gotten the "green light" to film yet .. which is also not a good sign.

Foord
10-25-2007, 03:38 PM
Actually, that's her natural accent .. she's British .. she puts on an American accent for the show.

I know, just being facetious. She was in Eastenders.

fossa2
10-25-2007, 04:24 PM

I haven't heard anything about it being cancelled yet but the ratings have dropped every week & quite a bit from the premiere.

I like it. Nothing spectacular. But it is looking more & more like a souped-up Alias...especially now that she has a CIA "boyfriend" & they will be "going on missions" together. Except that Alias was *MUCH* better written & even the stunts were better.

& dropping the Sarah Corvis sub-plot is NOT good! & why have they not done anything more with Will's father the past few episodes? I get that she needs to go on "training missions" but Sarah & Will's father are the best parts of the show. IMO.

Gangleri
10-25-2007, 04:49 PM
http://community.tvguide.com/blog-entry/TVGuide-News-Blog/Todays-News/Bionic-Woman-Undergoes/800025573

Jason Cahill,(The Sopranos), comes on board the waning NBC series as show-runner.

Gangleri
10-25-2007, 04:52 PM
I know, just being facetious. She was in Eastenders.

Also on Jekyll. Shown on BBC America this summer.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/drama/jekyll/

Gangleri
11-26-2007, 01:52 PM
What the Frak......

Looks like Ms. Sackoff may NOT be coming back to Bionic Woman....even if the Strike ends.:(
http://community.tvguide.com/blog-entry/TVGuide-News-Blog/Todays-News/Sackoff-Divorcing-Bionic/800028206

Teague
11-26-2007, 02:09 PM
What the Frak......

Looks like Ms. Sackoff may NOT be coming back to Bionic Woman....even if the Strike ends.:(
http://community.tvguide.com/blog-entry/TVGuide-News-Blog/Todays-News/Sackoff-Divorcing-Bionic/800028206

Wow...doesn't look good for that series.

Well, I can't say I'll miss it. I stopped watching weeks ago. But the loss of Sackoff will almost certainly kill this already struggling series, I think.

patrickwm68
11-26-2007, 06:06 PM
I can see Michelle Ryan being pissed that a guest star is more popular than the actual star.

I have to say I don't look forward to BW anymore.

bat_collector
11-26-2007, 06:11 PM
you guys are still watching this show??????

patrickwm68
11-26-2007, 06:23 PM

Barely but yes.

Giving her a boyfriend was a really bad idea.

rilynil
11-26-2007, 06:24 PM
I dropped it several weeks ago. I hate to admit it but I dropped "Heroes" a few weeks back, too.

Jesse321
11-26-2007, 06:25 PM
I'm still watching just because there's nothing else on that's any better at that hour ... but if the show gets axed, I'm not going to miss it at this point ... and it's a real shame too, the show had SO much potential, it's a crime that it never lived up to it.

rilynil
11-26-2007, 06:31 PM
Man, I'm down to watching only "Survivor" every week since there are no more new episodes of "The Office" and "Lost" is still in the distant future. I wish "American Idol" was on now!

Teague
11-26-2007, 06:50 PM
Man, I'm down to watching only "Survivor" every week since there are no more new episodes of "The Office" and "Lost" is still in the distant future. I wish "American Idol" was on now!

You oughta be watching Chuck and Reaper too, Neil! :thumbs2:

Ink
11-26-2007, 07:06 PM
I watched episodes 1-3 and gave up on it

Gangleri
11-26-2007, 07:30 PM
You oughta be watching Chuck and Reaper too, Neil! :thumbs2:
Bionic Woman: Roughly nine episodes will be produced. Seven episodes have aired, so there are two left.

Reaper: Ten to 12 episodes will be produced. Eight episodes have aired, so there are two to four left.

Updated 11/26 (from TVGuide.com)

http://community.tvguide.com/blog-entry/TVGuide-Editors-Blog/Ausiello-Report/Strike-Chart-Long/800026937

Really enjoy Reaper...the Devil and "Socks" highlite that show!!

Chuck gets a full season

http://community.tvguide.com/blog-entry/TVGuide-Editors-Blog/Ausiello-Report/Exclusive-Chuck-Life/800028281

also The RUMOR is a Deal is (Close to) DONE ....

http://community.tvguide.com/blog-entry/TVGuide-Editors-Blog/Wga-Strike-Watch/Report-Strike-Ending/800028208

Jesse321
11-27-2007, 11:07 AM
I read that the agents for the writers and the studios have been negotiating for both parties behind the scenes.

bat_collector
11-27-2007, 11:24 AM
I'm still watching just because there's nothing else on that's any better at that hour ... but if the show gets axed, I'm not going to miss it at this point ... and it's a real shame too, the show had SO much potential, it's a crime that it never lived up to it.

fUse that hour and watch firefly instead.

fossa2
11-29-2007, 01:22 PM

Not true:

http://community.tvguide.com/blog-entry/TVGuide-News-Blog/Todays-News/Katee-Sackhoff-Quotno/800028518

cougartrace
11-29-2007, 02:45 PM
I find the Bionic Woman show unwatchable. I think the main star is not right for the role.

I look forward more to the Sarah Connor Chronicles for this type of show.

Gangleri
11-29-2007, 03:40 PM
Not true:

http://community.tvguide.com/blog-entry/TVGuide-News-Blog/Todays-News/Katee-Sackhoff-Quotno/800028518

Thanks for the update:thumbs2: ..... I wish the show had generated "Good" reviews, than stuff like that earlier "report/observation". Maybe they could jump ahead in time/story if/when they come back.

-----
If the last Bionic Woman has aired..JMHO but...

The original Bionic woman worked (for me) because.... 1) after only having a few SCI-FI shows on TV (Star Trek TOS reruns- The Immortal - Questor Tapes - Space 1999 and Thunderbirds) Six Million Dollar Man and Bionic Woman were "Different" for network TV.
2) A Strong Independent Female character being the lead in a series was still (the exception) "Different"

------

With all the Sci-fi based concepts and Strong female characters on TV today...the things that made the earlier Bionic Woman series special...are happily, not the exception anymore. Gimicks will only take you so far with Sci-Fi TV these days...Good stories/writing are needed to keep a show on the air.

It also would have been fun to see the original Bionic Woman Linsdsay Wagner or Lee Majors (maybe even bionic Bigfoot or Max the dog:) ) make a appearance in some role (they already had the reunion shows)... but the new show is a much more Serious/Darker attempt at the original material (Cyborg by Martin Caidin - Cyborg IV looks interesting http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cyborg_IV ).

I really want-ed this show to work when the season started.:(

protector2814
11-29-2007, 08:13 PM
I watched last night and thought it was fine but, still..nothing special. I tell ya, Dark Angel (1st season) was better. There are just too many little problems w/ this version of the Bionic Woman. For starters....tell your sister for crying out loud!!! SHe's in danger anyway. All the bad guys know your the bionic woman.

SPOILER from last night's episode....

I just didn't buy how Jamie became suddenly willing to
shoot/murder a man with a sniper rifle. It made little sense that a woman on a supposed vacation would suddenly except the moral implications of killing a man on vacation w/ his son. Even though she didn't end up doing it..she was going to. And the argument presented that he'd kill her just didn't hold water for me. She could have just left the resort.

Gangleri
11-30-2007, 01:03 AM
I watched last night and thought it was fine but, still..nothing special. I tell ya, Dark Angel (1st season) was better. There are just too many little problems w/ this version of the Bionic Woman. For starters....tell your sister for crying out loud!!! SHe's in danger anyway. All the bad guys know your the bionic woman.

SPOILER from last night's episode....

I just didn't buy how Jamie became suddenly willing to
shoot/murder a man with a sniper rifle. It made little sense that a woman on a supposed vacation would suddenly except the moral implications of killing a man on vacation w/ his son. Even though she didn't end up doing it..she was going to. And the argument presented that he'd kill her just didn't hold water for me. She could have just left the resort.

It was a matter of timing...if Jamie left the resort the "bad guys" would have gotten the Nuclear secrets from the traitor (no other agents were in place, but her).

Gangleri
12-18-2007, 05:48 AM
Not Dead...Yet. http://community.tvguide.com/blog-entry/TVGuide-News-Blog/Todays-News/Bionic-Woman-Completely/800029476

a spokesperson for NBC Universal Media Studios tells TVGuide.com, "Bionic Woman has not been cancelled. Production was shut down due to the WGA strike. In addition, we have not completed the initial 13-episode order, which will be the first order of business when the strike ends."

cougartrace
12-18-2007, 09:29 AM
Not Dead...Yet. http://community.tvguide.com/blog-entry/TVGuide-News-Blog/Todays-News/Bionic-Woman-Completely/800029476

a spokesperson for NBC Universal Media Studios tells TVGuide.com, "Bionic Woman has not been cancelled. Production was shut down due to the WGA strike. In addition, we have not completed the initial 13-episode order, which will be the first order of business when the strike ends."

that's too bad :confused2

fossa2
02-13-2008, 08:56 PM
It's done. Not coming back.

patrickwm68
02-13-2008, 09:01 PM
It's done. Not coming back.

I don't think anyone will miss it not like Journeyman.:bawling:

Endless Wake
02-13-2008, 09:07 PM
It's done. Not coming back.Good, I wasted 3 hours of my life watching that show.

glassdancer
02-13-2008, 09:12 PM
Lame show.

I gave it the benefit.

It just drags and drags.

Sorry.

Maybe we can "bump" this thread into oblivian as well.

patrickwm68
02-13-2008, 09:17 PM
From what I'm reading the show was officially cancelled back on Dec. 16th.

risingstar
02-13-2008, 09:29 PM
Another sci-fi show bites the dust. I don't see how this will encourage the studios to try again any time soon.

:(

cougartrace
02-13-2008, 09:42 PM
I will not miss this show.

It had such a good promise and it just didn't live up to it.

The writers and producers didn't put enough action into this show.

marvelboi77
02-13-2008, 11:52 PM
This is usually my type of show, strong female lead. I strugled through 4 episodes, and I could not take it anymore.:thumbsdow

glassdancer
02-13-2008, 11:55 PM
This is usually my type of show, strong female lead. I strugled through 4 episodes, and I could not take it anymore.:thumbsdow

In that case, watch the Terminator series.

Jase
02-14-2008, 12:05 AM
Not sorry to see it go. Awful show.

Ink
02-14-2008, 12:58 AM
Not sorry to see it go. Awful show.

yeah me either. it started off good and nose dived quick

protector2814
02-14-2008, 01:43 PM
Can't recall one episode, scene or moment that I enjoyed. Wanted to like it but I wanted to like creamed corn too. Just couldn't.