PDA

View Full Version : Justice League Movie

malkii
09-27-2007, 05:12 PM
has anyone seen this yet... looks like it might actually happen... this will be an awesome film...

http://www.variety.com/article/VR1117972369.html?categoryid=13&cs=1

DC_Universe_Grl
09-27-2007, 05:15 PM
has anyone seen this yet... looks like it might actually happen... this will be an awesome film...

Ehh I think that the casting could make or break this movie, we will just have to wait and see.

Gangleri
09-27-2007, 05:16 PM

Check out this earlier thread about casting for Wonder Woman :) http://www.statueforum.com/showthread.php?t=56188

endsongjen
09-27-2007, 05:18 PM
god ive heard so many rumors about the casting, lets hope they get it. cuz dcgs right.

moon_knight1971
09-27-2007, 06:51 PM
I'd watch it just to see Jessica Beil in a Wonder Woman outfit:buttrock:

Endless Wake
09-27-2007, 07:24 PM
I'd watch it just to see Jessica Beil in a Wonder Woman outfit:buttrock:Amen.

Who could play Bats and Supes? I like the idea of Tom Welling as Supes. For Bats we need someone who can play dark.

wktf
09-27-2007, 09:47 PM
Amen.

Who could play Bats and Supes? I like the idea of Tom Welling as Supes. For Bats we need someone who can play dark.
Like Christian Bale.

Endless Wake
09-27-2007, 09:48 PM
Like Christian Bale.lol, well we know it won't be him.

armitage
09-27-2007, 11:06 PM
I love the way the article gives Superman and Batman as the two examples. Like DC doesn't have any other heroes worth mentioning.
A freaking Green Lantern movie would be just what
DC needs....if it were well done,mind you.
I know it's a long shot but a Plastic man movie would be stellar if handled properly.
(actually, I don't what the general opinon is about Plas. I like em' and figure there must be other people interested in him)
I still can't figure out why they haven't utilized Wonder Woman to her full potential?

Meteor Man
09-28-2007, 03:04 PM
I love the way the article gives Superman and Batman as the two examples. Like DC doesn't have any other heroes worth mentioning.
A freaking Green Lantern movie would be just what
DC needs....if it were well done,mind you.
I know it's a long shot but a Plastic man movie would be stellar if handled properly.
(actually, I don't what the general opinon is about Plas. I like em' and figure there must be other people interested in him)
I still can't figure out why they haven't utilized Wonder Woman to her full potential?

Cause they're stupid.:)

wktf
10-15-2007, 03:50 PM
Some casting news from today's newsarama.com:

Casting begins for Justice League of America
Monday October 15, 2007, 5:00 am

Casting began yesterday and continues today in Los Angeles for the big-budget Justice League of America movie, with a who’s who of young actors lining up to read for director George Miller.

According to The Hollywood Reporter, the list of 35 to 40 actors testing for the Warner Bros. project includes Michael Angarano (Sky High), Adam Brody (The O.C.), the rapper Common, D.J. Cotrona (Windfall), Joseph Cross (Running With Scissors), Teresa Palmer (The Grudge 2), Max Thieriot (Nancy Drew), Mary Elizabeth Winstead (Grindhouse), and three actors from NBC’s Friday Night Lights.

The trade paper reports that Miller is looking to cast the parts of Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, The Flash, Aquaman, Green Lantern and Martian Manhunter.

Bullseye
10-15-2007, 03:52 PM
This could be a great movie.

Endless Wake
10-15-2007, 06:37 PM
The studio is going to save a fortune hiring these kids. Wish they would go for higher list actors.

Krypton Knight
10-15-2007, 06:42 PM
With such young (or young looking) actors, it's seems more like Teen Titans than JLA. But perhaps there going for a cast that'll grow into the roles as ineveitable sequels happen.

spenca7
10-15-2007, 08:20 PM
I smell Adam Brody for The Flash. He knows comics and is very witty, I think he makes sense out of all the others

Meteor Man
10-16-2007, 01:25 AM
Michael Angarano from Sky High? If thats the kid who was in the title role, fagetaboutit!!! He is a total goofy lookin' putz! Who would he play if they cast him?...Superman???:confused: Please don't cast that kid as any of the JLA!!!!:banghead:

Okay, I just remembered that there was another kid who played a character who controlled fire. If it's him we're talking about, he'd look good in the role of Supes IMO.

Endless Wake
10-16-2007, 01:42 AM
Michael Angarano from Sky High? If thats the kid who was in the title role, fagetaboutit!!! He is a total goofy lookin' putz! Who would he play if they cast him?...Superman???:confused: Please don't cast that kid as any of the JLA!!!!:banghead:

Okay, I just remembered that there was another kid who played a character who controlled fire. If it's him we're talking about, he'd look good in the role of Supes IMO.:laugh:, nope, its the first one you thought;

http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d100/endlesswake/skyhigh.jpg

A good friend of mine actually came up with Sky High. He pitched it as an animated show to Nickelodeon back when he use to intern there. Many years later he hears about the movie and sees the same ideas he pitched. After some checking he found out a guy who was at Nickelodeon with him stole the idea.

endsongjen
10-16-2007, 11:39 AM
sky high was great! lol i watch it with my daughter all the time. the kid with the fire woulda been a good choice. adam brody a good choice as the flash.

voodoochild84
10-16-2007, 09:40 PM
why do we have to have a rapper in this movie? :bawling:

Black Cat
10-16-2007, 09:47 PM
This could be a great movie.

not with kids it won't

Teague
10-16-2007, 10:07 PM
not with kids it won't

Agreed. If this is the JLA meets the OC, then count me out.

Meteor Man
10-17-2007, 01:10 AM
:laugh:, nope, its the first one you thought;

http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d100/endlesswake/skyhigh.jpg

A good friend of mine actually came up with Sky High. He pitched it as an animated show to Nickelodeon back when he use to intern there. Many years later he hears about the movie and sees the same ideas he pitched. After some checking he found out a guy who was at Nickelodeon with him stole the idea.

AHHHH!!! I sure hope they don't cast him in any of the parts...he is about as superheroic looking as nothing. He may be a nice kid, and he might be able to play, say...Spiderman, who is supposed to look like the kid next door, but none of the JLA are supposed to look that way, IMO. They need to look impressive!:redface:

rilynil
10-17-2007, 02:15 AM
:confused2

Black Cat
10-26-2007, 07:01 PM
Well I will not see this movie if this is Wonder Woman. Some lame no name that can't act

http://www.superherohype.com/news/topnews.php?id=6449

Endless Wake
10-26-2007, 07:09 PM
Well I will not see this movie if this is Wonder Woman. Some lame no name that can't act

http://www.superherohype.com/news/topnews.php?id=6449She looks like Supergirl, not Wonder Woman! This does not bode well for this project.:redface:

Foord
10-26-2007, 10:12 PM
Frickin' Young Justice Titans. ****e.

Underdog07
10-27-2007, 02:15 PM
I wouldn't pre-judge the actors/actresses -- Just step back in time and remember what you thought when Michael Keaton was named Batman and he pulled it off admirably

Foord
10-27-2007, 07:29 PM
I thought Keaton was great casting, and am open to most things, but having a Justice League starring a bunch of kids is too stupid for words.... It won't work for us fans.

Alex655321
10-27-2007, 07:50 PM
I wouldn't pre-judge the actors/actresses -- Just step back in time and remember what you thought when Michael Keaton was named Batman and he pulled it off admirably

Keaton was my favorite of the bunch :thumbs2:

spenca7
10-27-2007, 08:27 PM
Ok so they cast bad actors (not saying they will be just hypothetical) and a bad movie comes out. Then we see a crappy movie and move on. If its great then cool we get a great movie. It's better than no movie at all

protector2814
10-27-2007, 09:33 PM
Everything I've read concerning this movie, mostly on darkhorizons.com and aintitcoolnews, have demonstrated that its casting very, very young. All the super-heroes look 18, imo. I don't know if they're just kicking off with such "fresh" faces so the actors can grow into the sequels or... if they're just shooting for a teen/20 audience like Smallville. Brian Roth as Superman was too young imo, and it hurt the film dramatically. I just never bought into the fact that this 22 year old looking Superman, fathered a son and flew off to Krypton for years, he came across as awkward.

protector2814
11-30-2007, 11:51 AM
I know this thread may be getting tiresome but I'm still psyched for this movie. Today, AintItCoolNews is reporting that they've heard from several reliable sources that Wonder Woman will be played by Australian Actress/Model Megan Gale. She looks the part. I've been reading that final casting announcements are coming very shortly.
http://www.adorebeauty.com.au/adorebeauty/images/megan.jpg

Meteor Man
11-30-2007, 12:05 PM
I know this thread may be getting tiresome but I'm still psyched for this movie. Today, AintItCoolNews is reporting that they've heard from several reliable sources that Wonder Woman will be played by Australian Actress/Model Megan Gale. She looks the part. I've been reading that final casting announcements are coming very shortly.
http://www.adorebeauty.com.au/adorebeauty/images/megan.jpg

Wow!...She looks PERFECT from what I can see in this picture! How tall is she?:confused:

endsongjen
11-30-2007, 12:25 PM
if thats her in imdb and she was is stealth....
Date of Birth
7 August 1976, Perth, Australia
Height
5' 10¾" :eek:

then again she is a model. lol

AsOneDead
11-30-2007, 12:35 PM
I don't think that's true, she's a model, she can't act for sh!t, and aren't they casting young people in the roles?

protector2814
11-30-2007, 12:47 PM
Aintitcool says it's a 100% done deal. Google her, there are some smokin' photos of her. Gotta admit, she looks it.

Also, with a team like the League and the film's set up, fighting sequences, heroic single and group shots...just how much actual acting do you think they'll be?

Teague
11-30-2007, 12:49 PM
I don't think that's true, she's a model, she can't act for sh!t, and aren't they casting young people in the roles?

I don't know anything about her acting abilities, but she looks right. And I don't think 30 is a problem age for this role, though it's on the edge. Still, no one wants to see 19 year olds in these roles, do we?

Personally, as bad as I think she is in Bionic Woman, I also like Michelle Ryan for WW.

And protector, man, I'm not tired of this topic! I'm VERY psyched for this film!!! :thumbs2:

Teague
11-30-2007, 12:51 PM
Aintitcool says it's a 100% done deal. Google her, there are some smokin' photos of her. Gotta admit, she looks it.

Also, with a team like the League and the film's set up, fighting sequences, heroic single and group shots...just how much actual acting do you think they'll be?

Good point. :laugh:

I think she's got the look, and that's half the battle. She's not carrying the movie, after all.

This should be great. Have they said what the team roster will be yet? I'm behind on this news.

AsOneDead
11-30-2007, 12:55 PM

She looks great but I don't think she's wonder woman, I think it's a rumour still, the cast is supposed to be young and having a 30 something wonder woman is going to look a little odd.

protector2814
11-30-2007, 01:03 PM
She looks young enough. I know this movie is rumored to be skewing young but this girl looks it.
You don't want them looking too young. Superman Returns blew it on that note with Roth.
I agree that this is still rumor but...they seem pretty positive on Aintitcool. We'll see. I'd enjoy her in the red, gold and blue (at least seeing her).
Asonedead, your from Australia so you, most likely, know more about her than us.

AsOneDead
11-30-2007, 01:06 PM
She looks young enough. I know this movie is rumored to be skewing young but this girl looks it.
You don't want them looking too young. Superman Returns blew it on that note with Roth.
I agree that this is still rumor but...they seem pretty positive on Aintitcool. We'll see. I'd enjoy her in the red, gold and blue (at least seeing her).
Asonedead, your from Australia so you, most likely, know more about her than us.

I agree with you there :thumbs2:

Teague
11-30-2007, 01:07 PM

Totally agree with this on Routh. Too young.

I personally wouldn't mind seeing younger heroes in some roles (Green Lantern would work, Flash too) but in terms of the big three (are they even in this movie?) I'd rather see slightly older actors. Thirty seems right.

So again, what heroes will make up this JL? Will Supes and Bats be included, or will WW be the only one of the big three? Martian Manhunter? Who else? They have a lot to choose from, but still, the movie will do better if they have someone more recognizable than just Wonder Woman on the team (to the general population, many of whom think that Martian Manhunter is the Hulk...).

protector2814
11-30-2007, 01:16 PM
Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, Flash (not sure which version), John Stewart/Green Lantern, Martian Manhunter (i think).

endsongjen
11-30-2007, 02:08 PM
i was busy reading gossip this morn :redface: lol and ran across this. ofcourse they may just be rumours but hey.....

Adam Brody has beaten Justin Long to the role of The Flash in the upcoming Justice League movie, according to new Internet reports.

A source close to the set of the movie tells website iesb.com that Brody has landed the superhero part, while multiple insiders claim rapper Common will play John Stewart/The Green Lantern in the film.

The site also claims that stories connecting actress Teresa Palmer to the part of Wonder Woman in the movie are not true; instead she has been cast as Talia al Ghul, daughter of Ra’s al Ghul.

The website reveals, “Actors have been sworn to secrecy and have been warned not to reveal their involvement even to their closest friends and relatives. “One studio source, who has been asked not to be mentioned by name, told the IESB that several actors that starting talking early on were warned by the production that they could lose the role if they revealed their character or even the fact that they had been cast.”

Black Cat
11-30-2007, 02:34 PM
i was busy reading gossip this morn :redface: lol and ran across this. ofcourse they may just be rumours but hey.....

Adam Brody has beaten Justin Long to the role of The Flash in the upcoming Justice League movie, according to new Internet reports.

A source close to the set of the movie tells website iesb.com that Brody has landed the superhero part, while multiple insiders claim rapper Common will play John Stewart/The Green Lantern in the film.

The site also claims that stories connecting actress Teresa Palmer to the part of Wonder Woman in the movie are not true; instead she has been cast as Talia al Ghul, daughter of Ra’s al Ghul.

The website reveals, “Actors have been sworn to secrecy and have been warned not to reveal their involvement even to their closest friends and relatives. “One studio source, who has been asked not to be mentioned by name, told the IESB that several actors that starting talking early on were warned by the production that they could lose the role if they revealed their character or even the fact that they had been cast.”

yes but why it Talia in a Justice League movie? She is from Batman

endsongjen
11-30-2007, 04:31 PM
idk just what i read.

AsOneDead
11-30-2007, 09:11 PM
Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, Flash (not sure which version), John Stewart/Green Lantern, Martian Manhunter (i think).

Wally West I hear.

VaultMan
11-30-2007, 09:16 PM
Keaton was my favorite of the bunch :thumbs2:

:eek:

:stick:

Endless Wake
11-30-2007, 09:29 PM
She looks perfect, here's hoping she can act:redface:

http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d100/endlesswake/20020509MeganGale.jpg

patrickwm68
11-30-2007, 09:33 PM
Very nice!

moon_knight1971
11-30-2007, 09:55 PM
Ditto:thumbs2:

endsongjen
12-01-2007, 12:36 PM
heres another pic of her i saw along with another article saying shes ww.
http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e224/JENERIKA1/megangalewonderwoman1.jpg

shes very beautiful.

endsongjen
12-01-2007, 12:37 PM
heres the article. pretty m,uch saying the same thing i posted yest. but bc it says that supposedly batman will be in themovie too... idk, we'll see.

Australian model Megan Gale will play Wonder Woman in "Justice League of America." Megan's name has been floating around for a few weeks. She beat out Jessica Biel, Sophia Bush, Mary Elizabeth Winstead and Shannyn Sossamon. Megan stands 5'10", so she's tall enough for WW but who knows if she can act. It was a joke. I'm sure her acting abilities didn't win her the role.

Adam Brody of The O.C. is set to play The Flash. Common will play Green Lantern. The rest of the cast will be filled with more no names. Scott Porter will play Superman and Teresa Palmer will play Talia Ghul.

For all you "Desperate Housewives" viewers, the dude that played Mike Delfino's drug dealer last week will play Batman. His name is Armie Hammer (yeah, like the baking soda) and he's 6'5". Sounds hot.

Justice League is set to his theaters in 2010.

JadeGiant
12-01-2007, 12:44 PM
heres another pic of her i saw along with another article saying shes ww.
http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e224/JENERIKA1/megangalewonderwoman1.jpg

shes very beautiful.

she looks the part ... hope she can act:thumbs2:

spider-man
12-01-2007, 01:07 PM
wow, that's yummy.

protector2814
01-06-2008, 09:35 AM
No news is no news. Things have sure become quiet concerning this film and its casting. I know production has to wait for the writer's strike to finish but you'd think we'd have at least some casting info. by now. Anyone heard anything lately?

Endless Wake
01-06-2008, 09:59 AM
Here's an interview with Megan Gale (Wonder Woman?). You get an idea of how tall she is.

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/hnB-FIPpKpo&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/hnB-FIPpKpo&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

protector2814
01-06-2008, 10:14 AM
wow...she does look tall. 32 years old too, that's good to hear. Maybe we won't end up gettiing a Supes and Bat in their early 20's. She's perfect.

risingstar
01-06-2008, 10:17 AM
Here's an interview with Megan Gale (Wonder Woman?). You get an idea of how tall she is.

A statuesque beauty!

tedmic
01-06-2008, 11:03 AM

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/hnB-FIPpKpo&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/hnB-FIPpKpo&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

We have a winner here for WW. Just PERFECT!

nemesisenforcer
01-06-2008, 11:57 AM
damn both megan and teresa are hot. like what some people said in here hope they can act.

protector2814
01-09-2008, 02:07 PM
Darkhorizons.com is reporting that the entire Justice League movie may be scrapped.
http://www.darkhorizons.com/news08/080109e.php
Apparently mounting production costs, the writer's strike and a far from ready-to-shoot script are causing producers to have 2nd thoughts.
We may never even see this flick. :(

DC_Universe_Grl
01-09-2008, 02:08 PM
Darkhorizons.com is reporting that the entire Justice League movie may be scrapped.
http://www.darkhorizons.com/news08/080109e.php
Apparently mounting production costs, the writer's strike and a far from ready-to-shoot script are causing producers to have 2nd thoughts.
We may never even see this flick. :(
sad but makes sense!

skorpsta
01-09-2008, 03:11 PM
she looks good for the role...but to me there is only ONE WONDER WOMAN and thats LINDA CARTER!!!!!!!!......anyway hope the movie does come out.

Tao
01-10-2008, 12:23 PM
I am not too keen on this movie happening. I remember the failed JL pilot on tv 15 years ago. That was 90 minutes of my life I won't get back.

IronFist
01-10-2008, 12:48 PM
I am not too keen on this movie happening. I remember the failed JL pilot on tv 15 years ago. That was 90 minutes of my life I won't get back.

Eh, this stuff flip-flops so fast that I wouldn't be off-put if that JL pilot happened last year, never mind 15 years ago.

Look at Batman: It went from campy Adam West stuff, to Tim Burton's reinvigoration of comic books as a viable source for movies, to Schumacher's wretched nipple suit, to Chris Nolan's (what I consider to be, barring a few nitpicks) definitive take on the subject.

Endless Wake
01-16-2008, 07:36 PM
Production is now delayed until at least June as they await a rewrite;

http://www.superherohype.com/news/topnews.php?id=6693

endsongjen
01-16-2008, 07:37 PM
this isnt gonna happen, is it...

hellboydce
04-19-2008, 06:27 AM
this isnt gonna happen, is it...

in a word......

http://chud.com/articles/articles/14429/1/JUSTICE-LEAGUE-DISBANDED/Page1.html

no

and at this stage i'm quite glad

endsongjen
04-19-2008, 11:30 AM
wow. mkay then. kinda hoped they would and make it awesome.

wktf
04-20-2008, 12:35 AM
in a word......

http://chud.com/articles/articles/14429/1/JUSTICE-LEAGUE-DISBANDED/Page1.html

no

and at this stage i'm quite glad

As previously reported here:

http://www.statueforum.com/showthread.php?t=61755&highlight=justice+league

hellboydce
04-20-2008, 04:37 AM
As previously reported here:

http://www.statueforum.com/showthread.php?t=61755&highlight=justice+league

it was back on track after the writers strike finished, there was talk of production moving to new Zealand due to the Autralian gov not giving it any tax breaks, but now even that looks like it's not happening