PDA

View Full Version : Supernatural

thecallahan
09-28-2007, 11:27 AM
Do you watch it? If not, there's something seriously wrong with you and you must get that check out! Dean might just be my latest personal hero and the 67 Impala kicks all sorts of serious ass. I've read that the third season will be less serialized in format and more of a monster of the week which is good. The Yellow Eyed Demon kinda drug out a bit too long over two seasons. Oh yeah, no more psychic babies!!

This show rocks and the best, almost no music past 1980 is played (some Back in Black AC/DC but that's really it). I have a whole playlist on my ipod for songs from this show (Styx - Renegade, Kansas - Carry on my Wayward son) and actually have a site at home that lists all the tracks used in the show. If anyone wants to seriously give this show a shot I'll ship you a backup of the first disc of the show which has like 3 or 4 episodes on it. I WANT to make sure this show stays on past season 3.

JDH
09-28-2007, 11:29 AM
Very good show, improved dramatically in the second season. The only bad thing about it is that my wife wishes I were Jensen Ackles...

JadeGiant
09-28-2007, 11:33 AM
I agree … I stumbled onto this show as it follows Smallville (which kicked some booty last night). I think I will have to DVR the entire season this year as my wife does not care for it and the kids cannot watch it. The characters are great and I also love the Impala. GREAT SHOW!

Don’t sleep on this show fellow board members and be sure to tune in for the premier next week!

thecallahan
09-28-2007, 11:49 AM
Very good show, improved dramatically in the second season. The only bad thing about it is that my wife wishes I were Jensen Ackles...

Hell, I wish I was Jensen Ackles!

What was your favorite episode guys? I have a few and can't narrow it down really and in no particular order.

The Pilot
Faith (a deal with the reaper in S1)
Hollywood Babylon (They go to a Hollywood set)
Nightshifter (the bank episode in S2)

JadeGiant
09-28-2007, 11:54 AM
I am too much of a novice to have a favorite so far ... I would like to get the other seasons on dvd and then pick a favorite

fossa2
09-28-2007, 12:18 PM
The whole gig where they impersonate law enforcement officials in every episode ruins it for me. How lame!

JDH
09-28-2007, 12:32 PM
That's one of my favourite parts, Fossa, particularly the themed names they adopt. But their doing so is coming back to bite them. One of the best aspects of the show as it heads for its third season (who knows when we will get it here in the UK, next year probably) is the extent to which the law has taken notice of the Winchester boys' activities. Having a real world problem in the way of their supernatural world job sets this series apart from other shows of the type, for me. That and the growing comedic chemistry between the brothers.

HalJordanFan
09-28-2007, 12:54 PM
The whole gig where they impersonate law enforcement officials in every episode ruins it for me. How lame!

It does get old after awhile.

thecallahan
09-28-2007, 01:00 PM
They don't impersonate them in every episode though.

Weapon X
09-28-2007, 01:02 PM

I hear ya, bro. I have a wife and two daughters and all I hear when watching tv with them is.....he's cute, he's got nice hair, that one's so cool. Damn, I can't enjoy any of my show's without comments. :banghead:

Natrix
09-28-2007, 10:02 PM
I love the show and wish they would hurry up and get seasons 1 & 2 out on HD DVD already.

patrickwm68
09-28-2007, 10:16 PM
Me & my wife love this show. Wasn't crazy about Jensen when he was on Smallville but he's great on this show.

Season 3 starts on October 4th.

fossa2
09-28-2007, 10:41 PM
That's one of my favourite parts, Fossa, particularly the themed names they adopt. But their doing so is coming back to bite them. One of the best aspects of the show as it heads for its third season (who knows when we will get it here in the UK, next year probably) is the extent to which the law has taken notice of the Winchester boys' activities. Having a real world problem in the way of their supernatural world job sets this series apart from other shows of the type, for me. That and the growing comedic chemistry between the brothers.

Yeah. In a few episodes I did see them getting caught using fake IDs & such. It's nice to see it catching up to them.

I may check it out this season. I see they will be introducing 2 new hot chicks to the show :thumbs2:

They don't impersonate them in every episode though.

True. The bit just got old for me really fast.

JadeGiant
09-28-2007, 11:06 PM
I love the show and wish they would hurry up and get seasons 1 & 2 out on HD DVD already.

I assumed they were already available

patrickwm68
09-28-2007, 11:08 PM
I assumed they were already available

Not in HD. Just standard DVD.

thecallahan
09-29-2007, 01:43 AM
Yeah. In a few episodes I did see them getting caught using fake IDs & such. It's nice to see it catching up to them.

I may check it out this season. I see they will be introducing 2 new hot chicks to the show :thumbs2:

What I'm happy about is they're not being brought in as love interests for the two of them. They're not together and have their own agenda's.

fossa2
09-29-2007, 08:52 PM
What I'm happy about is they're not being brought in as love interests for the two of them. They're not together and have their own agenda's.

Yeah I read that, too. But I bet you by the end of the season they will all be hooked up in one combination or another.

Meteor Man
09-30-2007, 01:01 AM

What happened to Jo? You know, the daughter of the lady who owned the tavern that they hung out in early last season? I thought she was an interesting character and I'd like to see them bring her back, but it looks like they got another blond that looks a little bit like her. I liked the back story of their fathers involvement and wanted to see where that story was going to lead...

thecallahan
09-30-2007, 02:32 AM
Yeah, I'm a big fan of Alona Tal (Jo) and she's still alive but the actress got a better gig on the new Jimmy Smits show, Cane, hence her no longer being around.

Endless Wake
09-30-2007, 03:18 AM
I saw a few episodes, didn't wow me. After Smallville wraps I'll be done with CW unless they bring back Angel.

Natrix
10-18-2007, 10:23 PM
Tonight's episode was all kinds of awesome!

twisterred
10-19-2007, 02:12 PM
The second season was a good view. I jsut started watching the first season and really enjoyed the scarecrow episode.

endsongjen
10-19-2007, 02:20 PM
i thought last weeks ep was good and creepy. i laughed a lot during this one.

thecallahan
10-19-2007, 03:38 PM
I lost my shoe.... :(

and

I'm Batman!!!

were awesome lines.

patrickwm68
10-19-2007, 05:35 PM
Great show.

The Hunter who kept talking about Jesus played the Antichrist in an NBC miniseries last year.

Gangleri
11-09-2007, 02:16 AM
It's funny...with all the shows I watch...I realized tonight that I will miss seeing CW's Supernatural, the most each week, if the season ends early. It seems to be one show that is building every week to a interesting/meaningful season finale.

This week, the ghost/ship was by no means the worst threat Sam or Dean have faced...but it showed thier changing relationship...due to Dean's contract he entered into last season to save Sam.

Also added a little glimpse into the new character ... the mercenary Bela. *Spoiler* Wonder what relative she killed in her past?? She said No one understood (@ the time)?? Could she have originally been hunting down objects of power to save a dying or demon posessed relative and ended up killing them when things went bad. Hope we get a chance to find out. Fun show. :)

SD RUM
11-10-2007, 06:27 AM
This is one great show!! I have the first two seasons on dvd already!! The 3rd season so far has been great. I just like the writing of this show and combination of action, suspense & comedy!!

The girls on this show have been HOT!! The brunette chicks from "Providence", "Heart" & "Sin City" have been some of my favorites!!

The only series on tv I save on my DVR.