PDA

View Full Version : Season 2 of Legion of Superheroes...

Meteor Man
09-29-2007, 02:07 AM
I don't know how many on the boards like this animated series besides Jesse321 and myself, but I enjoyed the first episode of Legion season two alot. I liked the older look to most of the returning characters and liked to see their progression, as well as the addition of several other Legion greats, especially Chamelion Boy!:buttrock:

SPOILERS:

Possibly my favorite part was the addition of Superman X, who is a clone of Superman from the 41st century. He has had kryptonite incorporated into his DNA and has several other powers as a result of this. I think the reason that I really liked him so much is that he reminds me of Gladiator of the Imperial Guard...:D He's very stern and warrior like and alot more agressive in battle than the regular Superman. Don't get me wrong, I like Superman alot, but this new Superman X is just kinda cool, IMO. I'm looking forward to this season of Legion and can't wait until WB releases the whole set to season one. I absolutely hate it when they just release DVD's with a few episodes on them!:stick:

XSE
09-29-2007, 10:36 AM
Looking forward to the second part today! I think this is a pretty good show.

rychehitman
09-29-2007, 11:10 AM
I am liking this show a lot so far as well....

only "problem".....where is Phantom Girl?

And what happens when one of the triple girls gets erased like that? I hope that is addressed.

Sure hope to see Dawnstar and Wildfire added to the bunch!

Meteor Man
09-30-2007, 12:56 AM
I am liking this show a lot so far as well....

only "problem".....where is Phantom Girl?

And what happens when one of the triple girls gets erased like that? I hope that is addressed.

Sure hope to see Dawnstar and Wildfire added to the bunch!

Well, the Phantom Girl question was answered today and they also touched on the question of what happens to Triplicate Girl if she becomes Duo Damsel. I would love to see them bring Wildfire and Dawnstar onto the show as well! Another great episode today.

rychehitman
09-30-2007, 07:49 AM
Agreed! GREAT EPISODE!

I am going to enjoy watching Imperiex transform into Darkseid!

oops...

SPOILER!:)

scott
09-30-2007, 09:37 AM
Not a bad show. Still miss JL though:bawling:

patrickwm68
09-30-2007, 03:34 PM
The new season is much better than last season. I'm glad the aged them a little. And this new season of The Batman is excellent!

Meteor Man
10-01-2007, 02:37 PM
The new season is much better than last season. I'm glad the aged them a little. And this new season of The Batman is excellent!

I agree, season 2 of Legion is much better than season 1, I really like the changes they've made. I enjoyed season one too, but this season is more intense and interesting so far.

I also agree with you on season five of the Batman...its great!:thumbs2:

Meteor Man
10-13-2007, 09:48 PM
Did anyone else watch today's episode of Legion of Superheroes? I was wondering what you all thought of the damage and subsequent amputation of Lightning Lad's right arm. Then the fact that it was replaced by a robotic one. I think it's a bit interesting how they've chosen to kill off one of Triplicate Girls multiples and now they've Anakin Skywalkered Lightining Lad. I was suprised by this amputation with LL, myself.:confused:

Tetragrammaton
10-13-2007, 09:51 PM
It's all from the comics Meteor Man.

The exact circumstances have been changed but Triplicate Girl did assume the identity of Duo Damsel following the death of one her selves and Lightning Lad did lose an arm.

I for one wish they followed the comics even more closely.

Meteor Man
10-13-2007, 10:12 PM
It's all from the comics Meteor Man.

The exact circumstances have been changed but Triplicate Girl did assume the identity of Duo Damsel following the death of one her selves and Lightning Lad did lose an arm.

I for one wish they followed the comics even more closely.

Thanks for the explanation Tetra. I haven't read any issues of Legion for quite a while.:) Man, I am just really enjoying this season of Legion of Superheroes! I hope they will keep it going after this year, but apparently this has the chance of being the last one.:(

hawkeyethearcher
10-13-2007, 11:17 PM
on thing i liked about the x-men cartoons from the 90s' was that they followed the comics and just changed it soem for tv. i wish the legion did that. there are a lot of great villains and heroes. no need to make up a villain and a superman clone. that being said, i am still enjoying this season. course legion started me on comics and i am a huge fan of them

Meteor Man
10-16-2007, 06:22 PM
on thing i liked about the x-men cartoons from the 90s' was that they followed the comics and just changed it soem for tv. i wish the legion did that. there are a lot of great villains and heroes. no need to make up a villain and a superman clone. that being said, i am still enjoying this season. course legion started me on comics and i am a huge fan of them

I'm not sure why they thought they needed a Superman clone, but I really like the character design, his new powers and everything about the character so far! I hope they'll do animated maquettes of the season two look for the whole Legion including clone Supes!!!!:buttrock: C'Mon DC Direct!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Meteor Man
10-28-2007, 01:43 AM
So, did anyone see today's episode with Karate Kid? I missed it and wondered if it was a good ep?:banghead:

superdoug
10-28-2007, 09:47 AM
It was okay, Meteor Man. Pretty cool to see the introduction of Nemesis Kid, and to see Legion Auditions, which is always kind of fun, to see which characters you can pick out of the crowd. :)

And Hawkeye, Imperiex (Our Worlds at War, anyone?) is a villain from the comics; he's just not a Legion Villain. And the Superman of the future...well, they've established in the comics that there'll pretty much always be a Superman of some kind. :thumbs2:

Tetragrammaton
10-28-2007, 11:27 AM
They made Kararte Kid a shrimp!

http://i23.tinypic.com/2m6v9t2.jpg

Jesse321
10-28-2007, 02:04 PM
So, did anyone see today's episode with Karate Kid? I missed it and wondered if it was a good ep?:banghead:
Thanks to the last update of TIVO ****ING UP the channel changing features on all the TIVO machines I missed it too .. I'm SO PISSED! :mad:

patrickwm68
10-28-2007, 02:10 PM
Just download it off TVTorrents.com. I missed Legion and Batman so that's what I'm gonna do.

Meteor Man
10-29-2007, 01:49 PM
They made Kararte Kid a shrimp!

http://i23.tinypic.com/2m6v9t2.jpg

Man, this capture of Superman makes him look like a young Jay Leno!:laugh: