PDA

View Full Version : Friday the 13th Remake - Saw this coming

bat_collector
10-02-2007, 11:31 AM
http://www.ew.com/ew/article/0,,20091105,00.html

Well, Nightmare on Elm Street should be just around the corner now!

MiamiLoco
10-02-2007, 11:34 AM
Hell DUH!! If the Halloween remake did great at the box office (and praised by Bat_Collector) then it's no surprise that other slasher movies are going to be remade.

bat_collector
10-02-2007, 11:48 AM
yes, and I know I'll watch this one too

I can't help it!!!!

bat_collector
10-02-2007, 11:50 AM
How long until Child's Play gets remade?

Well, at least Texas Chainsaw massacre and halloween were good.

TX Chainsaw Massacre: The begginning sucked!!!!

rilynil
10-02-2007, 11:52 AM
In this case, it won't be hard to top the original. The original Friday the 13th was not good at all (I watched it again this week for the first time in years).

Jesse321
10-02-2007, 12:01 PM
OH GOODY .. does that mean we can look forward to TERROR TRAIN, THE BEAST WITHIN, THE BOOGINS, MY BLOODY VALENTINE and PROM NIGHT next?? :rolleyes:

CessnaDriver
10-02-2007, 01:32 PM
They should remake remakes, and then remake those.

Recycling and watering down the original material to the ever dumbed down masses who will apparantly pay to see anything that is marketed to them.

Hollywood is creatively bankrupt.

An original concept is as rare as hen's teeth.

Granted this material was not Shakespeare, but man. It just getting tired with all these remakes and "re-imaginings". Ugh

Black Cat
10-02-2007, 01:35 PM

Child's Play is not in the same league as Halloween, Friday the 13th or Nightmare on Elm street

protector2814
10-02-2007, 04:05 PM
I bet Rosemary's Baby will be remade within the next 2 years and I haven't read a thing about it. It's such a plum role for one of today's lil' actresses.

HalJordanFan
10-02-2007, 08:17 PM

Those words don't belong in the same paragraph!

MrYac
10-02-2007, 08:21 PM
awful, awful awful, getting rid of Mama Vorhees is just dumb:( and halloween was in fact god awful

cblakey1
10-02-2007, 09:33 PM
Yeah, but can it be any worse than Will Smith re-doing Karate Kid with his son and Jackie Chan as Mr. Myagi?

I know this thread is about horror, flicks, but re-doing Karate Kid is a horror in itself. :banghead:

WTF is wrong with Hollywood? Can't come up with anything new and original?

On a positive note, though.. 30 Days of Night looks like it's gonna rock! :buttrock:

rilynil
10-02-2007, 09:57 PM
Halloween was awful???? Since when??? Friday the 13th was created just to cash in on Halloween's success. But Friday the 13th never equaled Halloween in quality.

MrYac
10-02-2007, 10:04 PM
Yeah, but can it be any worse than Will Smith re-doing Karate Kid with his son and Jackie Chan as Mr. Myagi?

I know this thread is about horror, flicks, but re-doing Karate Kid is a horror in itself. :banghead:

On a positive note, though.. 30 Days of Night looks like it's gonna rock! :buttrock:

first i heard of that...and wow that sounds disgusting if true

Halloween was awful???? Since when??? Friday the 13th was created just to cash in on Halloween's success. But Friday the 13th never equaled Halloween in quality.

i ment the remake was awful:p

Babytoxie
10-02-2007, 10:19 PM
bleargh:thumbsdow

joefixit2
10-02-2007, 10:42 PM
As long as Tom Savini is back doing effects.

bat_collector
10-02-2007, 10:42 PM
the remakes will never end

I wonder when they'll remake scream

rilynil
10-03-2007, 12:38 AM
i ment the remake was awful:p

Ahh, gotcha. I intended to see the remake, but I never got around to it. I'll catch it on DVD eventually.

cougartrace
10-03-2007, 09:22 AM

Bakley..you have to undertand that most movie goers today are under the age of 18..so in order for Hollywood to make money..they will keep doing remakes for the younger audiences..

cblakey1
10-03-2007, 09:28 AM
Bakley..you have to undertand that most movie goers today are under the age of 18..so in order for Hollywood to make money..they will keep doing remakes for the younger audiences..

Cogluar.. I understand that, but when I was under 18, there weren't many remakes that I can recall. Besides, for the current "under 18" crowd, these films being remade are hardly dated, IMO.

joy_division
10-03-2007, 09:28 AM
An original concept is as rare as hen's teeth.

http://imagecache2.allposters.com/images/pic/62/040_FP0791~Chicken-Run-One-Sheet-Posters.jpg

MrYac
10-03-2007, 04:41 PM
Ahh, gotcha. I intended to see the remake, but I never got around to it. I'll catch it on DVD eventually.

save yourself the rental fee and wait for it to hit TV:p

anyway back on topic, if they are just going to screw with the whole original anyway why not just make it a whole new F13 and not try to pass it off as a remake?

Gruson
10-03-2007, 05:07 PM
I can only imagine how bad the new Friday the 13th will be....new Halloween was awful....I didn't even finish it.

I actually enjoyed all of the Friday the 13th movies until part 8.