PDA

View Full Version : Dexter's BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sniper
10-03-2007, 01:44 PM
I caught the new episode last night and I have to say I never expected all the new plots to transpire as they did,

Dexter taking pity (what he assessed was the problem) on the blind man and losing his nerve threw a curve ball into the whole dynamic of his character.:buttrock:

I knew that Dexter and Dokes would be going at it a bit.

Having his underground graveyard of corpses discovered this soon was a total shock.

I can’t wait until I see the next episode Sunday !!!!!

For all those who have not seen this show you have to check it out,
I put booney and he is hooked !!!:buttrock:

cougartrace
10-03-2007, 01:47 PM
DEXTER is fricken awesome :buttrock:

Immovable Blob
10-03-2007, 02:36 PM
We finished Season 1 on FX in the UK last week; what a great ending. Looking forward to season 2.

MrYac
10-03-2007, 04:39 PM
i wonder how Paul's death will screw up Rita and Dex, and the preview stuff about him going into AA seems a bit odd.

Weapon X
10-03-2007, 05:29 PM
This is one cool show. Saw the first season on "On Demand" a couple of weeks ago and couldn't wait for season 2 to start. :buttrock:

boondocksaint
10-03-2007, 05:31 PM
BEST show on tv! hands down!

Sniper
10-03-2007, 07:38 PM
We finished Season 1 on FX in the UK last week; what a great ending. Looking forward to season 2.

I think he said that to get RITA OFF His back and made up the AA addiction.

snappahead
10-03-2007, 11:28 PM
Just watched the season opener and I'm very happy. I really didn't know what they'd do to follow the spectacular season finale and was a bit worried, but I am totally at ease now. Some of the best writing on tv. This is going to be a great season.

Sniper
10-03-2007, 11:30 PM
Just watched the season opener and I'm very happy. I really didn't know what they'd do to follow the spectacular season finale and was a bit worried, but I am totally at ease now. Some of the best writing on tv. This is going to be a great season.

so true , they threw me a curve when I was looking for a fastball,:thumbs2:

MrYac
10-03-2007, 11:40 PM
i'm wondering how he'll get to do any killing at all with the FBI guy around, should make for an interesting season

worldbreaker13
10-03-2007, 11:45 PM
i'm wondering how he'll get to do any killing at all with the FBI guy around, should make for an interesting season

Dexter was more in control of his enviroment last season except the last couple of episodes. This season it looks like he cant get a handle on anything and whatever he does to make the situation better, he puts himself in harms way. Should be a great season. I was hooked from the very first episode.:thumbs2:

MrYac
10-03-2007, 11:57 PM
took me awhile to get in to the show, caught a random episode and thought it was ok, then one day i was bored and watched all the ones they had on demand to catch up....i sure do love On Demand:D

Wolverine1
10-04-2007, 03:40 AM
Dexters Lab! :buttrock:

snappahead
11-20-2007, 06:52 AM
Man, is this show good. I just watched the newest episode and I don't remember the last time I've been so transfixed to the tv screen. It's easily my favorite show on tv right now.

Is Dexter finally busted!? The preview of next week sure makes it look like it. Doakes finally has the proof against Dexter and Lyla is batsh!t crazy and now has a vendetta.

I love the dilemna this show creates. Obviously, Dexter is a bad person. He's a murderer and that's unforgivable regardless of his victims crimes. At the same time, he's so interesting and likable because of the brilliant writting the show has. He SHOULD be caught and deserves to be, but I find myself hoping he isn't. It's brilliant.

I'm a bit worried because of the nature of these Showtime and HBO shows. They have a tendency to vanish into thin air. Plus, if Dexter is caught..well, that's a wrap for the show. Here's hoping that the serial killer gets away with it to kill again LOL. I cheer for him to get away with it..if for no other reason than to keep this fantastic show going.

Davidian
11-20-2007, 09:57 AM

My words exactly.

cougartrace
11-20-2007, 10:04 AM
It's my favorite show on TV :buttrock:

Collection King 13
11-20-2007, 12:00 PM

What she said! :buttrock:

bane
11-20-2007, 12:06 PM
What she said! :buttrock:

And I say it again !!! Dewter RULES

Sniper
11-20-2007, 01:24 PM
dexter is in a pinch, dokes found the stash and handed it over to lundee , it is getting good my friends !!!

boondocksaint
11-20-2007, 04:11 PM
this is crazy...how the hell is he going to get out of this one...maybe its a dream? hope not but dont see how he will weasel his way out of this

Black Cat
11-22-2007, 09:25 PM
I felt so nervous watching last weeks episode. It's time for Doakes to go! I get the same way because I don't want Dexter caught

MrYac
11-22-2007, 09:59 PM
dexter is in a pinch, dokes found the stash and handed it over to lundee , it is getting good my friends !!!

i don't think Doakes would just turn it over, he has it out for Dexter too much on a personal level to just give it up to the feds

boondocksaint
11-22-2007, 10:23 PM
I felt so nervous watching last weeks episode. It's time for Doakes to go! I get the same way because I don't want Dexter caught

lol...i was to...i was like nooooooo...
how the hell is he going to get out of this jam????

bane
11-22-2007, 11:39 PM
He'll probably frame Dokes for the murders !!

boondocksaint
11-22-2007, 11:41 PM
how? the slides probably have his prints all over them...the box...i dont see how he can get out of this...but i cant wait to find out!

geto10
11-23-2007, 08:00 AM
Love this show!!! :D:D:D

boondocksaint
11-25-2007, 10:51 PM
i cant believe it! lol

what a great episode!!!!!!

dokes got to smart for his own good!

chop em up dex! lol

snappahead
11-25-2007, 11:02 PM
i cant believe it! lol

what a great episode!!!!!!

dokes got to smart for his own good!

chop em up dex! lol

LOL..That's the genius of this show's writing. Doakes is the GOOD guy and we're screaming for his head! As much as I like Dexter, it'll be hard to accept him killing Doakes. The moral code makes it seem almost ok that Dexter does what he does, but he can't kill Doakes. It just wouldn't be right.

I love this show. I never know what the hell's gonna happen next.

boondocksaint
11-25-2007, 11:32 PM
LOL..That's the genius of this show's writing. Doakes is the GOOD guy and we're screaming for his head! As much as I like Dexter, it'll be hard to accept him killing Doakes. The moral code makes it seem almost ok that Dexter does what he does, but he can't kill Doakes. It just wouldn't be right.

I love this show. I never know what the hell's gonna happen next.

lol...good point...i was thinking about that today,,rooting for a killer,,lol

i dont think hes going to kill him though.,...maybe dokes will become his sidekick! lmao

MrYac
11-25-2007, 11:34 PM
this episode had me worried, for some reason i could've sworn they said it was the season finale and the last couple minutes had me super pissed they were gonna leave the season with such a huge cliff....glad theres still 3 episodes left:p

Gruson
11-25-2007, 11:39 PM
Very lame confrontation between Doakes and Dexter.

Great show but that was realy weak IMO.

Doakes is a trained pro and would have done more.

MrYac
11-25-2007, 11:46 PM
yeah, the way i see it there was really no reason not to just put a couple bullets in Dex right from the start, like he said he didn't have to kill him just take out his legs. Granted he still would have had an uphill battle clearing his name, but at least he wouldn't be in a cage:p

boondocksaint
11-25-2007, 11:46 PM

he was nervous...he was confronting a serial killer and knew he couldnt kill him because he was the # 1 suspect

Black Cat
11-26-2007, 02:38 AM
this episode had me worried, for some reason i could've sworn they said it was the season finale and the last couple minutes had me super pissed they were gonna leave the season with such a huge cliff....glad theres still 3 episodes left:p

why is this season so short?

cougartrace
11-26-2007, 09:29 AM
This is my favorite show, but I have to agree that Doakes being a trained Special Ops gets choked out by Dexter..nah I don't buy it.

Also, I don't like the fact the FBI Agent Lundy all of the sudden becomes dumb..

Sniper
11-26-2007, 09:47 AM

if you don't remember dexter is also trained, when Dokes was talking to him in his office he was going through is resume and asking why a lab rat would need to be trained in martial arts...
Dexter is also trained but not on the level Dokes is , but still trained nonetheless...

Sniper
11-26-2007, 09:48 AM
This is my favorite show, but I have to agree that Doakes being a trained Special Ops gets choked out by Dexter..nah I don't buy it.

Also, I don't like the fact the FBI Agent Lundy all of the sudden becomes dumb..

If anyone is holding you from behind and has the strength to hol dyou there is no amount of training that is going to help you, Dester is trained in martial arts so why wouldn't he be able to choke someone out? At that point the advantage is all him...

Lundy being dumb makes no sense, Dokes blew him off and refused to answer any questions regarding the case, why wouldn't he suspect him, he loner, does things his way and has a history of excessive force, makes sense to me he would be looking at LUndy harder than most people in the departement, He also has the trainning to pull of the killings and access to the police mpound yard as well.

cougartrace
11-26-2007, 09:55 AM
If anyone is holding you from behind and has the strength to hol dyou there is no amount of training that is going to help you, Dester is trained in martial arts so why wouldn't he be able to choke someone out? At that point the advantage is all him...

Lundy being dumb makes no sense, Dokes blew him off and refused to answer any questions regarding the case, why wouldn't he suspect him, he loner, does things his way and has a history of excessive force, makes sense to me he would be looking at LUndy harder than most people in the departement, He also has the trainning to pull of the killings and access to the police mpound yard as well.

but Dokes or Doakes didn't manipulate any of the blood reports and any blood slides would seem to lead to Dexter..

just my opinion...still love the show..

Sniper
11-26-2007, 11:33 AM
but Dokes or Doakes didn't manipulate any of the blood reports and any blood slides would seem to lead to Dexter..

true but once Dokes or Doakes refused to cooperate with Lundy he concentrated his efforts on him, He probably thought it was that he was overworked and did some sloppy follow through.
He stormed out of his office, the way he did would have made me think he had something to hide...

MrYac
11-26-2007, 04:42 PM

well the slides were in Doakes' car remember with no evidence at all pointing them to Dex

cougartrace
11-26-2007, 04:53 PM
well the slides were in Doakes' car remember with no evidence at all pointing them to Dex

that's true...but there is history between Doakes and Dex and Dex is the blood expert..

just pickin though because I love this show

I really liked this show better when he wasn't being chased by the FBI. Hopefully next season gets back being like the 1st season

MrYac
11-26-2007, 04:58 PM
true to us Dex is a blood freak, but you have to remember for the people in his world he's just a fairly normal guy who happens to work in blood

bane
11-26-2007, 05:47 PM
I still love the show and i'm curious to see how he will get out of this one !!

grandpa
11-26-2007, 05:56 PM
if i were in dexters shoes i would cut off doakes feet,hands and remove his tongue and that should solve his problem with doakes telling anyone

Black Cat
11-27-2007, 01:30 AM
for me this season is way better and has more suspense. I need a nerve pill after watching the last episode. How is he going to explain that wound? I seriously wanted to help him hide it. Also, I think Dex could take Doakes because like someone else said he is trained as well so it is believable.

Sniper
11-27-2007, 09:50 AM
yeah, the way i see it there was really no reason not to just put a couple bullets in Dex right from the start, like he said he didn't have to kill him just take out his legs. Granted he still would have had an uphill battle clearing his name, but at least he wouldn't be in a cage:p
Had he put 2 in his knee caps it would have looked like he was targeting Dexter for revenge, already its know he assulated Dexter for no reason as most people in the police house thought. Then he would have to explain what he was doing there, tracking Dexter with the gps he put in his boat. Then they would have to link the dexter to his latest kill.
It would have been a mess for Dokes had he shot Dexter,He could have said Doakes forced out the window of his apartment, took him to the remote location on his boat and tried to set him up.
One big sh!t storm for Doakes.

At this point the slides lead to Dokes because they were found in his car, and Lundy doesnt know Dexter manipulated the blood reports, as far as he knows he assumes Dexter explaination of being over worked and not preparred was the cause for the error.

The only problem I had with eposide was why in hell did he need to go to Hati to use the lab there, with all his connections he couldnt find a lab in the U.S.
That left me scracthing my head.....:peoples:

cougartrace
11-27-2007, 10:13 AM
if i were in dexters shoes i would cut off doakes feet,hands and remove his tongue and that should solve his problem with doakes telling anyone

you scare me :confused2

MrYac
11-27-2007, 03:49 PM
The only problem I had with eposide was why in hell did he need to go to Hati to use the lab there, with all his connections he couldnt find a lab in the U.S.
That left me scracthing my head.....:peoples:

yeah that bugged me too, i figured he obviously wouldn't just turn them over to Lundy, but not sure why he didn't bring them in to some of his local cop friends

cougartrace
12-03-2007, 09:24 AM
love this year, but last nights episode was the weakest epsiode of the 2 years in my opinion

Sniper
12-03-2007, 09:32 AM
Too much wasting time with Doakes, I think the more he waits the complicated the whole situation becomes...

snappahead
12-04-2007, 04:49 AM
love this year, but last nights episode was the weakest epsiode of the 2 years in my opinion

I understand what you mean, but to me this is the most important point of the whole series. I can understand why things are moving a little slowly. It's the type of show that moves so briskly and has such a perfect tempo, that this small slowdown is noticable, but I think it was necessary too. Dexter's in a real pickle here and I'm enjoying watching him squirm a bit. The flashback of Harry throwing up was great. It was an interesting revelation. It could have a very profound affect on Dexter. I'm already dreading the end of this season.

Sniper
12-04-2007, 09:36 AM
damn 2 more shows left for this season, it is a really a great show. I see lundy getting wise to the fact that Doakes is not the one responsible for the murders.

Collection King 13
12-04-2007, 10:14 AM
2 more episodes left... What the hell is going to happen!

Weapon X
12-05-2007, 05:33 PM
I read in the news today the CBS was considering putting a edited version of Dexter on tv now that the writer's strike is on, their way of keeping views. This would be so cool. :buttrock:

Collection King 13
12-10-2007, 11:06 AM
I read in the news today the CBS was considering putting a edited version of Dexter on tv now that the writer's strike is on, their way of keeping views. This would be so cool. :buttrock:

:thumbsdow edited... Boring... http://i66.photobucket.com/albums/h256/collectionking13/thboredsmiley.gif

Last nights episode left me wanting more!!! :banghead: I hate this show! LOL!!!!

cougartrace
12-10-2007, 11:34 AM
:thumbsdow edited... Boring... http://i66.photobucket.com/albums/h256/collectionking13/thboredsmiley.gif

Last nights episode left me wanting more!!! :banghead: I hate this show! LOL!!!!

I didn't enjoy last nights episode that much. I'm hoping the season finale next week will be great :buttrock:

snappahead
12-10-2007, 11:40 AM
I didn't enjoy last nights episode that much. I'm hoping the season finale next week will be great :buttrock:

Really? For me, this is the only show that's never hada bad episode or even a weak episode for that matter. How funny was it when Dexter was imagining his sister's reaction to him telling her the truth.

The last few episodes have had me on the edge of my seat. I really thought Dexter was going to give himself up. Still don't know for sure if he won't. Even if he goes through with the frame job on Doakes, he may not get away with it.

Sniper
12-10-2007, 11:58 AM
Really? For me, this is the only show that's never hada bad episode or even a weak episode for that matter. How funny was it when Dexter was imagining his sister's reaction to him telling her the truth. .
THe Doakes story line is getting a bit drawn out, the only way I see it is Doakes gets killed not by dexter but by the hands of another before he gets to tell his side of the story. Lylia will have to play some sort of part in this, not sure how.

This show has turned out to be one of the Best Shows I have seen in a long time, kind like the first season of prison break.

MrYac
12-10-2007, 06:04 PM
last nights was fun, poor James just can't catch a break gettin picked up by the drug dealers. i can kind of see a lame ending, them pinning the murders on Lyla or something retarded like that:p

MiamiLoco
12-11-2007, 03:23 AM
The last few episodes have had me on the edge of my seat. I really thought Dexter was going to give himself up. Still don't know for sure if he won't. Even if he goes through with the frame job on Doakes, he may not get away with it.
Dexter in Jail would make for an interesting season. Maybe he can get off on a technicality or something, lol

Collection King 13
12-11-2007, 09:34 AM
Dexter in Jail would make for an interesting season. Maybe he can get off on a technicality or something, lol

LOL! I doubt Dexter will land up in Jail... I think the series will end with him just stopping the murders and getting married and crap... but thats just MO...

Black Cat
12-11-2007, 10:24 PM
I loved this season and can't wait for season 3

boondocksaint
12-11-2007, 10:27 PM
I loved this season and can't wait for season 3

i agree,,,this is by far the best tv show ive seen in a long time

cougartrace
12-17-2007, 09:42 PM
I just watched the season 2 finale. I love this show, but the finale seemed weird, rushed, and just not right.

I'm hoping season 3 goes back to being like season 1.

boondocksaint
12-17-2007, 09:52 PM
i enjoyed the last show...

best show on tv

Black Cat
12-17-2007, 11:22 PM
the season finale was great!

MrYac
12-17-2007, 11:24 PM
yeah, i was a bit worried at the end. thought they were just gonna leave Lyla alive, or even worse i kind of thought they'd leave some open ended crap about her killing people in europe with Dex's tools. kind of sad about Doakes though, he should've gone out better then that

boondocksaint
12-17-2007, 11:29 PM
the season finale was great!

i agree...cannot wait to next season! :bawling:

Sniper
12-18-2007, 12:12 AM
had a feeling lyla was going to kill doakes and then dexter would get rid of her. Great show , cant wait until next year.

Weapon X
12-18-2007, 12:51 AM
Just finished the last show of this season. Dex is too smooth !! I too felt sorry for Doakes, but was glad that Dex caught up with Lyla in Europe.
:buttrock:

Underdog07
12-18-2007, 01:11 AM
really enjoyed the season buyt agree that the finale seemed rushed. I would have preferred Lyla living until the 1st or 2nd episode next year. Would have made for a good cliff hanger.

snappahead
12-20-2007, 12:41 AM
Just watched the finale...It felt a tad rushed, but it was still fantastic. I was surprised to feel myself sad to see Doakes go. I was also a bit disappointed that Lyla did it. It seemed like a cop out to get rid of Doakes without Dexter having to handle it himself. It worked out ok in the end with Lyla finally getting what she's be begging for for some time now.

I understand why some might wish that Lyla had lasted a little longer for next season, but that seems to be Dexter's formula. To start a clean slate in the next season. I was bummed when they killed the ice truck killer in the first finale, but was proven wrong with this season's awesomeness. I've got total confidence in the writting of this show now that next season will be great.

Davidian
12-20-2007, 05:09 AM
Lila was smokin'! And then she died.....next on Fox. lol

Collection King 13
12-20-2007, 09:52 AM
What a great Episode! I cant wait for next season!!!!

MrYac
12-20-2007, 07:40 PM
i enjoyed the end, kind of sucked to see James go out like that but i suppose it had to happen. and i'm glad they took care of lyla when they did, i was worried they'd do something lame in the end and set up something lame like her using Dex's tools in europe to kill people

Black Cat
12-21-2007, 11:28 AM
I agree about Dokes. I hated him in all of season 1 and most of 2 but near the end when he actually showed he was human I started to like him better then BOOM!

cougartrace
12-21-2007, 11:29 AM
I thought Doakes was a good character though.

Collection King 13
12-21-2007, 11:29 AM
i enjoyed the end, kind of sucked to see James go out like that but i suppose it had to happen. and i'm glad they took care of lyla when they did, i was worried they'd do something lame in the end and set up something lame like her using Dex's tools in europe to kill people

That wouldve sucked!!!! I'm glad they didnt do that! :buttrock:

Collection King 13
12-21-2007, 11:30 AM
I thought Doakes was a good character though.

Doakes was right all along but his obsession killed him!

Gangleri
01-07-2008, 01:33 PM
CBS to broadcast the first season of Showtimes Dexter.... Starting February 17th(Sunday's).

http://community.tvguide.com/blog-entry/TVGuide-News-Blog/Todays-News/Cbs-Eyes-Dexter/800030373

Says they will be "edited" episodes...

Collection King 13
01-07-2008, 01:49 PM
CBS to broadcast the first season of Showtimes Dexter.... Starting February 17th(Sunday's).

http://community.tvguide.com/blog-entry/TVGuide-News-Blog/Todays-News/Cbs-Eyes-Dexter/800030373

Says they will be "edited" episodes...

Edited SuX!!!!! :thumbsdow They need to release this show on Blu-Ray!!!!

Weapon X
01-07-2008, 06:33 PM
Edited SuX!!!!! :thumbsdow They need to release this show on Blu-Ray!!!!

I agree............but it's better than watching those damn reality shows. I'm so frickin' tired of game shows and anything else that has to do with ordinary people. :banghead: