PDA

View Full Version : Pushing Daisies

Endless Wake
10-05-2007, 12:44 AM
Its rare when a show comes out brilliant right from the start but this one does. :buttrock:

If you missed the premire I believe they are repeating it Friday night.

Foord
10-05-2007, 10:17 AM
It was excellent! While watching it seemed almost like it could have been a movie idea that they thought was just too good for that format. The wife liked it too!

I bet you any money that this ex-soap star (Anna Friel) from the UK's show has more success that the other one's (Bionic Woman)...

MiamiLoco
10-05-2007, 10:47 AM
When I saw this months ago, I really liked it. It had a Tim Burton/Dr. Seuss kind of feel to it.

Teague
10-05-2007, 11:14 AM
VERY Tim Burton, VERY Big Fish. Also sort of reminds me of Dick Tracy, but probably only in the color palette. Weird sort of sense to this--I like it, but I do wonder how it will play long-term? Burton movies are great for two hours, but for two (or more!) seasons? I guess we'll see.

I swear, this show kept making me nervous, though, as I was watching. They came so close to touching so many times, and one touch and she's a goner for good. So why in the HELL is she sitting in the front seat with him? :laugh:

Endless Wake
10-05-2007, 11:50 AM
I swear, this show kept making me nervous, though, as I was watching. They came so close to touching so many times, and one touch and she's a goner for good. So why in the HELL is she sitting in the front seat with him? :laugh::laugh:, I was the same way. I also was thinking what if the dog gets near him while he's sleeping.:redface:

Teague
10-05-2007, 12:04 PM
:laugh:, I was the same way. I also was thinking what if the dog gets near him while he's sleeping.:redface:

Yeah...I don't want to inject realism into a show that obviously isn't bothering too much with all that sort of thing, but seriously, there's no way the dog hasn't brushed up against him, or licked his fingers while he was napping, or something. I mean, it's a dog. You can't tell the dog "don't touch me, or you'll die permanently." :laugh:

It is a fun show, though. I didn't know Chi McBride was on it--I like him a lot.

Who's the girl in this show? At first, she seemed sort of plain-looking (which I know is part of her character--she's supposed to be something of a sweet girl-next-door type), but by the end of the show, she was just radiant. Great smile.

fossa2
10-05-2007, 12:31 PM
Who's the girl in this show? At first, she seemed sort of plain-looking (which I know is part of her character--she's supposed to be something of a sweet girl-next-door type), but by the end of the show, she was just radiant. Great smile.
The blonde?

Christin Chenoweth.

Teague
10-05-2007, 12:40 PM
The blonde?

Christin Chenoweth.

Not her. The brunette.

Never liked Chenowith, really. Too squeaky for my tastes. Beautiful singing voice, though. :thumbs2:

Jesse321
10-05-2007, 12:50 PM
Its rare when a show comes out brilliant right from the start but this one does. :buttrock:

This is DEFINITELY a show worth making the time to watch, it was nothing short of absolutely brilliant!

Who would have thought Chi McBride could be funny! :eek:

Jesse321
10-05-2007, 12:52 PM
Not her. The brunette.
Her name is Anna Freil

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0295484/

Never liked Chenowith, really. Too squeaky for my tastes. Beautiful singing voice, though. :thumbs2:
SQUEAKY?!?!? Oh no you didn't! :stick:

bat_collector
10-05-2007, 01:16 PM
I don't see a long term thing here. I think the pilot could have been fleshed out to make an EXCELLENT movie, but I'm already having ttrouble seeing where this can go. I really liked the pilot, but just kept thinking movie.

I'll watch, but not sure what to expect.

MiamiLoco
10-05-2007, 01:20 PM
Who would have thought Chi McBride could be funny! :eek:
Uh.. ANYONE who enjoyed "The John Larroquette Show" ;) :p

risingstar
10-05-2007, 01:22 PM

These slightly off centre shows tend (and I repeat the word, "tend") to get old faster than an open loaf of rye bread. Once the alternative becomes mainstream, it barely has a chance to survive, especially once expectations kick in...

I liked shows like Wonderfalls, Dead like me, Twin peaks, and other quirky shows that tried real hard to say little. The show suddenly becomes much more about style than about substance. Not saying that "pushing daisies" is necessarily like that (at least not yet). Just saying that the true testament of any great show is at least two solid great seaons not one episode.

Jesse321
10-05-2007, 01:24 PM
Uh.. ANYONE who enjoyed "The John Larroquette Show" ;) :p
You mean to tell me there actually WAS someone that "enjoyed the John Larroquette Show?" ... did they seek medical treatment for that? :rolleyes:

risingstar
10-05-2007, 01:27 PM
You mean to tell me there actually WAS someone that "enjoyed the John Larroquette Show?" ... did they seek medical treatment for that? :rolleyes:

The Laroquette show had this whole alcoholics anonomous back story so the politically correct yentas went gaga over it... Take the AA part out and it would have flopped. That was one UNfunny show. At most, you had a gag or two per show, tops.

madjazz
10-05-2007, 01:28 PM
I'll give it a shot.

patrickwm68
12-27-2007, 02:48 PM
I just watched the first 3 episodes of Pushing Daisies online and I'm so sorry I passed it up for Bionic Woman.

I highly recommend it.

spenca7
12-29-2007, 02:33 AM
One ofmy favorite shows this season is Pushing Daisies! Has humor and a nice touch of the challenge between Ned and Chuck not touching