PDA

View Full Version : Bungie on its own again!

Model Giants
10-05-2007, 02:01 PM
It seems Bungie has become independant once again! Hopefully this is not a bad sign for Microsoft....

http://www.gamespot.com/news/6180462.html?action=convert&om_clk=latestnews&tag=latestnews;title;0

Bullseye
10-05-2007, 02:18 PM
I would not think so. But its good that they can release games across all formats.

Kujo
10-05-2007, 03:08 PM
it'll be interesting to see what they can do after Halo. The only other game i've seen by them was a old 2d thing on the Mac

Endless Wake
10-05-2007, 03:14 PM
Earlier rumors this week mentioned MS pushing for more Halo while Bungie wanted to work on new things. It sounds like MS got its wish but at a price that may bite them in the @ss down the line.

cougartrace
10-05-2007, 03:16 PM
Halo is the most popular game around so I don't blame Microsoft for wanting to make money and ultimately giving the fans what they want

Red X
10-05-2007, 03:20 PM
Bungie and Halo games for wii and PS3 now!!!

Endless Wake
10-05-2007, 03:21 PM
Why would MS even agree to a split since they owned Bungie? My guess is the talent must have been willing to walk making the company useless.

Model Giants
10-05-2007, 03:32 PM
Halo games will only be on Microsoft consoles.....

Kujo
10-05-2007, 03:37 PM
Yeah, there is no way MS would allow Halo to go to any other console.

I dunno what they could do with another Halo game, unless it was purely multiplayer or something....

Red X
10-05-2007, 03:41 PM
Halo games will only be on Microsoft consoles.....

Remember Halo DS? I wonder why that got cancelled, because IGN posted videos of it...it was an actual beta of the game they have.

Halo was about to be on a Nintendo console...they shoulda kept it too....woulda sold alot more DS's.

Model Giants
10-05-2007, 03:41 PM
Its seems Microsoft gave Bungie there freedom and then Bungie turned around and gave Microsoft all the rights to Halo....Now I wonder who got the best deal? I think Microsoft did especially after making 300 million in just one week...I bet that movie will start filming very soon now...

Kujo
10-05-2007, 03:47 PM
never saw any DS Halo... though i did hear a little something about some sort of partnering between MS and nintendo for something... this was quite a while ago though...

Kujo
10-05-2007, 03:47 PM
actually... wasn't Master Chief supposed to be in Smash Bro's at one time?

Endless Wake
10-05-2007, 03:54 PM
I dunno what they could do with another Halo game, unless it was purely multiplayer or something....Yeah I can't see them doing another shooter right away. I can imagine they'll try and branch out like Nintendo does with Mario. The strategy Halo Wars is coming out, maybe we'll see a fighting game and/or a RPG to try and win over Japan. We may even see some sort of racing game based on the Halo universe.

I'll stop at Halo Golf. :p

statman
10-05-2007, 04:06 PM
Yeah I can't see them doing another shooter right away. I can imagine they'll try and branch out like Nintendo does with Mario. The strategy Halo Wars is coming out, maybe we'll see a fighting game and/or a RPG to try and win over Japan. We may even see some sort of racing game based on the Halo universe.

I'll stop at Halo Golf. :p

That could be fun. Running ghosts, warthogs, etc. around a track shooting the heck out of each other.:thumbs2:

Red X
10-05-2007, 04:28 PM
Its seems Microsoft gave Bungie there freedom and then Bungie turned around and gave Microsoft all the rights to Halo....Now I wonder who got the best deal? I think Microsoft did especially after making 300 million in just one week...I bet that movie will start filming very soon now...

That is assuming microsoft can develop a better Halo game than Bungie did.

Model Giants
10-05-2007, 05:02 PM
That is assuming microsoft can develop a better Halo game than Bungie did.

Bungie would still develope the game, it would just be microsoft's property...:buttrock:

Red X
10-05-2007, 05:06 PM
Bungie would still develope the game, it would just be microsoft's property...:buttrock:

Oh I see...since they own Halo now. Well regardless of how crappy I think Halo is, it's great to have bungie on the good sides again!

Model Giants
10-05-2007, 05:19 PM
Oh I see...since they own Halo now. Well regardless of how crappy I think Halo is, it's great to have bungie on the good sides again!

Good side as in Sega's side?:confused2

Red X
10-05-2007, 06:13 PM
Good side as in Sega's side?:confused2

....?

snappahead
10-05-2007, 06:43 PM

Halo is worthless without Bungie. It's like when EA bought the Bond license and started making awful games with it. Only Rare could've made a proper sequel to Goldeneye. If it's made by anyone else, the Halo name will go straight into the crapper. I'm refering to fps games...not the other types they're working on like Halo Wars.

I don't know how this will ultimately affect MS. If MS still has the rights to Halo, then Bungie is just a developer with a good name and nothing more. They'll have to prove all over again that they can make a new game work. So...if they do release a multi-platform game, it'll be a new franchise and who knows if it'll be any good.

Kujo
10-05-2007, 09:38 PM
From Bungie.net:

As you have no doubt read on the web today, Microsoft Corp. and Bungie Studios, have reached an unprecedented and exciting agreement – starting immediately, Bungie will become an independent company and will retain a long-term publishing agreement with Microsoft Game Studios for “Halo” titles. The new structure became effective on Oct. 1, 2007. The official blurb follows, but since you’re a valuable part of our community, we thought we’d sum it up simply and concisely.

Bungie has long been built on creativity, originality and the freedom to pursue ideas. Microsoft agreed, and rather than stifle our imagination, they decided it was in both our best interests to unleash it. We’ll continue to make Xbox 360 games, and we’ll continue to make amazing games for MGS. In that regard, nothing has changed. All that has changed is that now Bungie Studios is once again, the property of the folks of Bungie Studios. Microsoft is and will continue to be, a brilliant, inventive and creatively collaborative publishing partner.

Sounds like they are still 360 developers.... they don't mention any other consoles....