PDA

View Full Version : Transformers DVD exclusives

tuv1305
10-07-2007, 07:10 AM
Check out the transforming DVD case that makes up the Target exclusive...

http://www.superherohype.com/news/topnews.php?id=6376

Kinda ugly, but I give them big props for coming up with the idea.

Trilogy
10-07-2007, 07:19 AM
Yeah its a little ugly, but a great idea.

superdoug
10-07-2007, 09:36 AM
It's a cool idea, but I'm probably going to get the Best Buy exclusive with the Robot Heroes figures, since those are exclusive to them, and I love those figures. :D

But, I -am- tempted to get the transforming case!

Primal
10-07-2007, 10:18 AM
It's a cool idea, but I'm probably going to get the Best Buy exclusive with the Robot Heroes figures, since those are exclusive to them, and I love those figures. :D

But, I -am- tempted to get the transforming case!

Same here. :banghead:

Will probably get them both. :buttrock:

Although I dont know why they gave Bumblebee, Cliffjumper's colors.

Endless Wake
10-07-2007, 10:34 AM
When I saw the title I immediately thought I would post, "Nice exclusives but does it transform" and it does!

joy_division
10-07-2007, 01:03 PM
that is SO lame!

VaultMan
10-07-2007, 01:26 PM
Same here. :banghead:

Although I dont know why they gave Bumblebee, Cliffjumper's colors.

Has anyone ever said to you that you're into the Transformers a little too much?!? :laugh:

patrickwm68
10-07-2007, 01:41 PM
I'll just get one in a regular case. These fancy cases are a pain to put on a shelf.

Darth Torment
10-07-2007, 02:13 PM
Why does it come with a Cliffjumper toy??

Primal
10-07-2007, 02:48 PM
Has anyone ever said to you that you're into the Transformers a little too much?!? :laugh:

Has anyone ever said to you that you're into A.I.M. a little too much?!? :laugh:

Bullseye
10-07-2007, 05:09 PM
Will there be a European and Japanese exclusive too?

Trilogy
10-07-2007, 05:48 PM
I dont` know about Europe, but there will no doubt be a Japanese exclusive.

wolverinejedi007
10-07-2007, 06:19 PM
I am getting the target exclusive!

Primal
10-12-2007, 10:19 PM
And here's the Walmart exclusive...
http://www.superherohype.com/news/topnews.php?id=6399

No one really knows what the format of the prequel DVD will be. Be it animation or stills, only that Peter Cullen is narrating it.

I'm thinking it might be stills from the prequel comic.

http://img210.imageshack.us/img210/9052/transformerswalmart3yg0.jpg

patrickwm68
10-12-2007, 10:36 PM
I'm a sucker for bonus discs. Looks like I'm getting the Wal-Mart version.

Primal
10-13-2007, 11:19 AM
I'm a sucker for bonus discs. Looks like I'm getting the Wal-Mart version.

I'm not sure about this one. Doesnt sound promising that no one's seen any video from this. You'd think it wouldve been previewed if it were any good.

abarron
10-13-2007, 12:47 PM

Play.com have an exclusive case but other than that i aren't too sure

tuv1305
10-13-2007, 05:41 PM
I was leaning towards the Target exclusive, but if the Wal-mart bonus disc is narrated by Cullen that makes it much harder to pass up.

CocoPUFF
10-13-2007, 06:56 PM
Wonder why there are never any exclusives for the HD version..:banghead: I will be paying double for my disc....so why no extras..

Zurbaran1
10-13-2007, 08:33 PM
Wonder why there are never any exclusives for the HD version..:banghead: I will be paying double for my disc....so why no extras..

Don't know what you mean by extras but the HD-DVD version is a two disc set so there should be plenty of additional material included. Besides, this flick in High Definition is going to kick but over the non-High Def release regardless of any extras that might not be included. According to a DVD site this is the extra content that will be on the HD-DVD release:

Features:
Commentary by Michael Bay
Transformers Heads Up Display - View Transformers like never before with picture-in-picture behind-the-scenes information and more.
Paramount HD Connect - Customize your Transformers experience with exclusive HD web-enabled features.
Our World - Explore the world of Transformers through interviews with the cast and crew, stunt training footage, and exclusive access to the on-set locations.
Their War - Learn more about the Autobots and Decepticons with exclusive access to production design, military advisors, and digital special effects
Transformers Tech Inspector - View the Transfomers robots up-close with this innovative interactive feature.
More Than Meets The Eye - An in-depth featurette on the making of the Skorponok Desert Attack scene and concept boards.

Primal
10-13-2007, 11:15 PM
Don't know what you mean by extras

I think he means store exclusive extras.

riderV3
10-14-2007, 12:13 AM
Don't know what you mean by extras but the HD-DVD version is a two disc set so there should be plenty of additional material included. Besides, this flick in High Definition is going to kick but over the non-High Def release regardless of any extras that might not be included. According to a DVD site this is the extra content that will be on the HD-DVD release:

I think what he means by extra is toys and solid stuff, not the extended scenes or commentary alike..

I'm among them toy junkies and please do understand that it takes more than some extented scenes to please us...:p

Primal
10-14-2007, 05:35 PM
Alright guys...found this list of all (or most) of the store exclusives. Happy hunting this Tuesday! :buttrock:

United States

Best Buy
- Box Set – Robot Heroes Exclusives Cliffjumper and Battle Damaged Prime w/ 2-disc Special Edition DVD ($29.99) – Minimum 10 sets per store
- Free Megatron Lithograph with purchase of DVD – Minimum of 30 per store
- Exclusive Voyager Figure Repaints – Metallic Megatron and Metallic Ratchet ($19.99) - $5 off of one figure when purchased with DVD
- Buy the DVD and any version of the movie game and receive a $10 gift card

Blockbuster- Exclusive 128MB MP3 player with 1-disc DVD – Minimum 4 per store

Borders
-Exclusive "Making-Of" Booklet with purchase of 2-disc Special Edition DVD ($39.99)

Circuit City
- Free Gift Card with code for 15 minutes of exclusive online content about the movie included with purchase of DVD

Movie Stop- Free movie poster with pre-order of DVD

Sears
- Free LED/Flashlight included with purchase of 2-disc Special Edition DVD

Suncoast
- Steel case 2-disc Special Edition set

Supervalu Chains (Albertsons, Cub Foods, Jewel-Osco’s, etc.)
- Mouse Pad with DVD purchase

Target
- Transforming Optimus Prime Case w/ 2-disc Special Edition DVD
- Exclusive Prequel Comic w/ DVD purchase

Wal*Mart
- Exclusive Box Set – 1-disc standard DVD & exclusive prequel animation “Beginnings” narrarated by Peter Cullen

Canada

Future Shop- Steel case 2-disc Special Edition DVD

Zellers-$10 themed Transformers saving card with the purchase of the movie between Oct 16 to the 21st. Must spend a minimum $50 before taxes, the card can only be put towards kids clothing or toys and must be used before Oct. 28th. (News courtesy of wolfnfox)

United Kingdom

Play.com
- Steel case 2-disk Special Edition DVD w/ prequel comic

Australia

The transforming Optimus Prime 2-disc DVD case will be sold at stores in the country. There is no confirmation on if this will be a store exclusive or country-wide release.

Philippines

The transforming Optimus Prime 2-disc DVD case will be sold at stores in the country. There is no confirmation of if this will be a store exclusive or country-wide release.

Japan

Lawson - Exclusive Blackout Repaint
http://www.seibertron.com/news/view.php?id=11790

riderV3
10-14-2007, 05:38 PM
Thanks for the heads up, Primal!

Looks like Transformer is having some pretty weak exclusives...

Nothing really worth exciting about...

CocoPUFF
10-14-2007, 06:14 PM

Features:
Commentary by Michael Bay
Transformers Heads Up Display - View Transformers like never before with picture-in-picture behind-the-scenes information and more.
Paramount HD Connect - Customize your Transformers experience with exclusive HD web-enabled features.
Our World - Explore the world of Transformers through interviews with the cast and crew, stunt training footage, and exclusive access to the on-set locations.
Their War - Learn more about the Autobots and Decepticons with exclusive access to production design, military advisors, and digital special effects
Transformers Tech Inspector - View the Transfomers robots up-close with this innovative interactive feature.
More Than Meets The Eye - An in-depth featurette on the making of the Skorponok Desert Attack scene and concept boards.

I mean extra toys and figures and transofrming cases and movie posters....Oh, well.....I guess I'm just stuck with the most AWESOME movie transfer in picture and sound...:thumbs2:

patrickwm68
10-15-2007, 09:15 PM

No one really knows what the format of the prequel DVD will be. Be it animation or stills, only that Peter Cullen is narrating it.

http://img210.imageshack.us/img210/9052/transformerswalmart3yg0.jpg

I just realized that this includes the standard single disc edition of the movie not the more expensive 2-disc Special Edition or else it would say 3-Disc Exclusive, so I'm passing. Maybe I'll go for the Target one now which does include the special edition.

wolverinejedi007
10-16-2007, 10:20 AM
I got the Target DVD plus the Bumblebee evolution of a hero 2 pack and you get a $5.00 gift card for your next purchase.

Sniper
10-16-2007, 10:29 AM
I have to get the target one. sending my wif to pick it up for me !

Justin
10-16-2007, 10:44 AM
I'll be getting the Aussie one! :)

Nightcrawler777
10-16-2007, 11:04 AM
I picked up the Target Ex..

It is silly looking but its so wierd i had to have it..

Primal
10-16-2007, 12:12 PM
I picked up the Target Ex..

It is silly looking but its so wierd i had to have it..

Got the Bestbuy one this morning. :buttrock:

Will be trying Target after work!

hawkeyethearcher
10-16-2007, 12:38 PM
since it looks like the hddvd doesnt have the regular format on the other side i will have to get 2 anyhow.

CocoPUFF
10-16-2007, 03:32 PM
Watching this on HDDVD....Great transfer..awesome sound! A beautiful movie in HD

mkcopeland
10-16-2007, 03:45 PM
im waiting for this one to hit the hd-dvd bargin bin

glassdancer
10-16-2007, 03:59 PM
Question.

We have regular DVD-players at home, but we DO have an HD, Plasma TV......do I need to get this HD-DVD version and will it play, or not.....???? curious.....

We just got the Special edition of Knocked UP and it played fine. We also got the Special Edition of the Rise of the Silver Surfer and that also played with no problems..

SO, I'd like to get the HD versions, but will hope that it will play with no problems.....

Thanks in advance.

-GD.

Bullseye
10-16-2007, 04:16 PM
You need a HD-DVD player to play a HD-DVD. It will not play on a regular DVD player.

glassdancer
10-16-2007, 04:19 PM
You need a HD-DVD player to play a HD-DVD. It will not play on a regular DVD player.

Thanks, Bullseye.....

Oh well,....

guess that's the next thing to get.....

Sheesh!!

patrickwm68
10-16-2007, 04:46 PM
How many people who bought the Target Exclusive had the comic inside ripped because of the box flap?

mkcopeland
10-16-2007, 05:02 PM
Transformers hd-dvd review
http://hddvd.highdefdigest.com/1110/transformers.html

Primal
10-16-2007, 05:49 PM
How many people who bought the Target Exclusive had the comic inside ripped because of the box flap?

I noticed a couple like that....but found a good copy. :buttrock:

patrickwm68
10-16-2007, 05:51 PM
I noticed a couple like that....but found a good copy. :buttrock:

Didn't notice it until I got home and opened mine.

noseeb13
10-16-2007, 07:57 PM
Got the Bestbuy one this morning. :buttrock:

Will be trying Target after work!

I went to two Targets and neither have the exclusive bumblebee set they have advertised. "We have not received them yet" :stick: If you are going to put them in the add you should make sure that you get them in!

Not only that I missed out on the Best Buy litho and figures! :banghead:

Primal
10-16-2007, 10:24 PM
I went to two Targets and neither have the exclusive bumblebee set they have advertised. "We have not received them yet" :stick: If you are going to put them in the add you should make sure that you get them in!

Not only that I missed out on the Best Buy litho and figures! :banghead:

By 9:30am, my BB had already sold out of the lithos. :banghead:

Got the figures though.

J Storm
10-16-2007, 11:12 PM
I pre-ordered mine on Sunday from Best Buy, so I'll be getting the figures w/ litho :buttrock:

riderV3
10-17-2007, 12:50 AM
Went for Target Excl...

I don't give a rat @ss to those repainted figures and never collect any lithos.

The Target transformable case is just so cheesey that it's hard to pass on...:laugh:

Bought that home and the family had a good laugh out of the case, not in the disrespectful manner, just we though it's so damn funny.

cougartrace
10-17-2007, 08:47 AM
I bought the target exclusive,also.

I havent opened it though.

Primal
10-17-2007, 08:54 AM
The litho looks pretty good to me. :banghead:

http://i142.photobucket.com/albums/r111/JasonSolaris/TF-litho/Litho1.jpg http://i142.photobucket.com/albums/r111/JasonSolaris/TF-litho/Litho4.jpg http://i142.photobucket.com/albums/r111/JasonSolaris/TF-litho/Litho5.jpg

Bullseye
10-17-2007, 08:57 AM
Primal you must be in heaven.

Trilogy
10-17-2007, 09:01 AM
That looks pretty cool. :cool:

Primal
10-17-2007, 09:32 AM
Primal you must be in heaven.

:laugh: I'd have been closer to it if I'd gotten that litho. (those are someone else's pics)

Bullseye
10-17-2007, 09:47 AM
LOL. How many different copies do you have now?

Primal
10-17-2007, 10:22 AM
LOL. How many different copies do you have now?

Haha....only the Bestbuy & Target exclusives. I'm not THAT much of a Transformers maniac. :laugh:

...although i'm eyeing that Walmart exclusive. :D

Bullseye
10-17-2007, 10:28 AM
I can see you importing the Japanese version you mad man lol.

joy_division
10-17-2007, 10:36 AM

i am pretty sure that HMV will do something. They always have something different

Primal
10-17-2007, 10:37 AM
I can see you importing the Japanese version you mad man lol.

:laugh:

Interesting....wasnt aware of this one...

riderV3
10-17-2007, 11:26 AM
:laugh:

Interesting....wasnt aware of this one...

Man I'buy a Blackout like that!!:buttrock:

But it about $80 bucks!!:banghead:

wolverinejedi007
10-17-2007, 12:07 PM

Does anyone have the Walmart exclusive???
If so is it any good??

Primal
10-17-2007, 02:39 PM

I was right...
http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/showthread.php?t=154224&highlight=walmart

http://img99.imageshack.us/img99/268/casebs4.jpg

redspider
10-17-2007, 05:20 PM
just saw it it about 19min long and it's like digital comic with some animation it's ok if you want to know how they came to earth

moon_knight1971
10-17-2007, 05:52 PM
Optimus with a belly:)

noseeb13
10-17-2007, 07:37 PM
Haha....only the Bestbuy & Target exclusives. I'm not THAT much of a Transformers maniac. :laugh:

haha I ended up with the HD, Target, and Walmart discs...:redface:
One is going in the car for those long commutes.

Kujo
10-18-2007, 03:29 PM
watched this last night, and looked great in HD. The movie itself was a little lacking in something... felt like there was something missing. Other than that, really enjoyed it :D

Meta Jon
10-18-2007, 03:55 PM
Iacon bought both steelbook cases from Futureshop and is selling me the discs from one of the cases - getting a 2 disc dvd case is no problem but can someone scan and email me the dvd cover art?

PLEASE

Primal
10-18-2007, 08:28 PM
Iacon bought both steelbook cases from Futureshop and is selling me the discs from one of the cases - getting a 2 disc dvd case is no problem but can someone scan and email me the dvd cover art?

PLEASE

Well, you didnt say "pretty" please but I'll give you a break bro. :D
Click on the pic below for the full high-res pic.

And check out this site for more dvd cover art goodness...even art for the discs! You can also download alternate artwork. You have to register to get the full size pics to print out.

http://www.dvdcoversfuzion.com/gallery/browseimages.php?do=searchresults&searchid=198287

Who's the man? :D

http://i21.tinypic.com/ff93zb.jpg (http://i23.tinypic.com/2yo96c3.jpg)

Meta Jon
10-18-2007, 09:50 PM
YOU DA MAN :buttrock:

Funny enough I was just gonna PM you and ask cause I figured if anyone one would be able to come through you would, after all this is Transformers, but I wanted to be fair and let anyone help me.

Thanks Primal :thumbs2:

joy_division
10-19-2007, 10:05 AM
watched this last night, and looked great in HD. The movie itself was a little lacking in something... felt like there was something missing. Other than that, really enjoyed it :D

a plot and a director?

Johnneeukca
10-19-2007, 11:21 AM
a plot and a director?

THat's what was wrong with it. I knew there was something!

Seriously though, the first bit and the last bit were ppretty good. The snickering little sh1t that was the clock radio was as annoying as all hell, and the scene outside the parents house with the Autobots made me want to turn off.