PDA

View Full Version : Another developer bites the dust.

snappahead
10-12-2007, 04:22 PM
EA's at it again. They just purchased Bioware of Knights of the Old Republic and now Mass Effect fame. EA won't be satisfied until they've completely ruined the gaming industry. They're like a virus, infecting and sucking dry every talented developer in the business. I can't begin to express how much my hate for them grows every day.

This could possibly be good news for PS3 owners as this MIGHT mean that the Mass Effect sequels will be multi-platform. MS is publishing the first one so that won't cross over, but the other two might. Crap...I hate seeing these buyouts over and over. EA is the worst.

MiamiLoco
10-12-2007, 05:17 PM
But at least EA puts out good games.

chromesamurai
10-12-2007, 05:28 PM
I find EA sucks at making games, but they have the cash and the stroke to be good at producing them while letting another team create the game. Rock Band should end up being a good example of this. Thanks to EA, and their deals with MTV, Rock Band has tons more songs available and most of them are original recordings.

Car50n
10-12-2007, 05:33 PM
didnt they just buy Bioware as well?

snappahead
10-12-2007, 05:38 PM
But at least EA puts out good games.

Wha? They make sh1t games. That's the whole point of this thread. They choke their talented development teams with unrealistic deadlines and BS so they can get the game out as fast as possible. They make rehashed garbage year after year and stiffle creativity with the bottom line.
didnt they just buy Bioware as well?

Wha? Did you mean Pandemic? If so, then yeah, they acquired Pandemic not too long ago. The developers of Mercenaries and a few other good games that are alluding me at the moment.

snappahead
10-12-2007, 05:40 PM
I find EA sucks at making games, but they have the cash and the stroke to be good at producing them while letting another team create the game. Rock Band should end up being a good example of this. Thanks to EA, and their deals with MTV, Rock Band has tons more songs available and most of them are original recordings.

You may be right with Rock Band. Especially since it'll just be them writing checks to make the game better. They'll never put in work or creativity to make a game better, but if it just needs a license or rights...they rock at that.

Brru
10-12-2007, 05:48 PM
Ya I think the Gaming industry just got a little sadder. Whether you like EA or not you have to admit that huge corporations are more concerned with money then the games and the small corporations have to worry about the games or else they never make it. Just the fact that a big corporation got much bigger is enough for me. Even if I think EA is the worst game company around.

One of the main reasons I changed my major in school was because of what EA (which filtered out to the other companies) was pulling on the programmers. So I am sort of bias against them heh

Bullseye
10-12-2007, 06:09 PM
EA's at it again. They just purchased Bioware of Knights of the Old Republic and now Mass Effect fame. EA won't be satisfied until they've completely ruined the gaming industry. They're like a virus, infecting and sucking dry every talented developer in the business. I can't begin to express how much my hate for them grows every day.

This could possibly be good news for PS3 owners as this MIGHT mean that the Mass Effect sequels will be multi-platform. MS is publishing the first one so that won't cross over, but the other two might. Crap...I hate seeing these buyouts over and over. EA is the worst.

Much like MS in the software world;)

snappahead
10-12-2007, 06:44 PM
Didn't you read my comment at the end, Bulls? EA is the WORST. You have me curious though..what has MS done to ruin the software world? I don't follow the PC world very closely.

I also need to correct myself. Pandemic was part of this Bioware deal. They were both owned by the same company. They are of course, saying that nothing will change, but everyone knows that's bs. It's only a matter of time until the talent that made these studios special start dropping like flies. Then, the studio names will have no meaning anymore.

snappahead
10-12-2007, 06:51 PM
Ya I think the Gaming industry just got a little sadder. Whether you like EA or not you have to admit that huge corporations are more concerned with money then the games and the small corporations have to worry about the games or else they never make it. Just the fact that a big corporation got much bigger is enough for me. Even if I think EA is the worst game company around.

One of the main reasons I changed my major in school was because of what EA (which filtered out to the other companies) was pulling on the programmers. So I am sort of bias against them heh

It just seems like EA is worse than all the others. Of course, I know that big corporations are all about money, but when it's involving an art form (which I very much consider gaming to be in this day and age), the bottom line seems even more disgusting. No other publisher seems less interested in making good games than EA. And don't even get me started on their sweatshop lawsuits....grrr.

stormshadow75x
10-12-2007, 07:38 PM
I hate EA has well ... when they first came out they had the worst games during the 16-bit era... except for madden of course...

& then when they bought the NFL rights for their exclusive use to try to bury 2K sports cause they couldn't handle the competion really p1ssed me off..

& look @ what they are doing with the 2 recent marvel games.... horrible

snappahead
10-12-2007, 08:11 PM
Yeah, that's kinda their signature thing. Buy a big license and then they don't have to worry about making a good game, cause they know it'll sell based on the license alone.

I will say that back in the day, EA did make some good games. It seems that sometime in the mid to late 90's was when they became the bane of the gaming industry's existence.

Red X
10-12-2007, 08:12 PM
Cool PS3 may get Mass Effect, no harm there.

Car50n
10-12-2007, 08:34 PM
Wha? They make sh1t games. That's the whole point of this thread. They choke their talented development teams with unrealistic deadlines and BS so they can get the game out as fast as possible. They make rehashed garbage year after year and stiffle creativity with the bottom line.

Wha? Did you mean Pandemic? If so, then yeah, they acquired Pandemic not too long ago. The developers of Mercenaries and a few other good games that are alluding me at the moment.

BioWare was in the deal. they were a piece of Pandemic.

EA reminds me of Diamond Comics, they dont fear any pressure from the competion, so they slack on quality. without any competitive edge, u get sucky games