PDA

View Full Version : I met Tyler Mane Saturday night

rilynil
10-15-2007, 03:01 AM
I got the very cool opportunity to meet Tyler Mane on Saturday night. He's the former professional wrestler (Big Sky) who played Sabretooth in the first X-Men movie and Michael Myers in Rob Zombie's Halloween.

I took my nephew and three other kids to a haunted house called Atrox Factory just outside Birmingham, Alabama, in a town called Leeds. Amazingly, Atrox Factory had Robert Englund (Freddie Kruger) as a guest last weekend, Tyler Mane this week, and Michael Bailey Smith (The Hills Have Eyes' Pluto) next weekend. These are pretty big names for a haunted house attraction in Leeds, Alabama. (Leeds' most famous son is former NBA star Charles Barkley)

Anyway, the haunted house part was great and then we got in Tyler Mane's line for autographs and a pic. It took about 45 minutes to make our way through the line, which wasn't too bad.

Tyler Mane couldn't have been friendlier. He shook my hand twice, signed all the kids' Atrox Factory shirts, signed a picture of him in the Michael Myers costume and posed with the kids for a picture, which I took. What a nice guy! I told him that they need to bring back Sabretooth for the next X-Men movie and he just grinned big and said "oh yeah!"

This was a GREAT time, especially considering that we didn't even know Tyler Mane was going to be there until we got in line to buy tickets for the haunted house.

After Atrox, we went to another haunted house on the other side of town (The Haunted in Alabaster), and then I took them to a third cool spook house (Birmingham's Sloss Fright Night Furnace) on Sunday night. Damn, I love Halloween! :buttrock: :buttrock:

http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k42/nadams65/DSC03075-1.jpg

Here's my autographed picture:

http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k42/nadams65/DSC03087.jpg

Trilogy
10-15-2007, 03:03 AM
Very cool. Sounds as if a great time was had by all.

DRL
10-15-2007, 04:23 AM
nice Neil! sounds like you had a great weekend at all the haunted houses you went to!

toe
10-15-2007, 05:18 AM
Congrats rilynil.

I hope to meet him too, one day. Looks like you guys had alot fun :)

JLM
10-15-2007, 05:23 AM
Cool!

Alex655321
10-15-2007, 07:00 AM
Way Cool Neil :thumbs2:

Great that you take the time off to spend with your nephew and friends.

wolverinejedi007
10-15-2007, 08:16 AM
Cool...I did hear that he is in talks to be in the upcoming Wolverine movie.

cougartrace
10-15-2007, 08:41 AM
I used to love to go to Haunted Houses when I was younger and we have some good ones in Houston.

Congrats, Neil

The General
Hey Rilynil, how big does this bastich look in person. I can't see the freak'n pics at work.:banghead:

I didn't know he was Michael Myers in the remake.

RichBamf
I met Tyler back when he was in England for X-Men 1.

He is SUCH a nice guy, doesn't mind talking to the fans, always polite, fine to talk to kids.

I had a blast talking to him.

Shame is, he was told that his contract was good for 3 X-men movies at the time of signing. Poor guy!

protector2814
10-15-2007, 10:27 AM
Sounds like a great weekend. Pics were fun to see. Can't wait to start taking my kids to these.

rilynil
10-15-2007, 11:09 AM
Hey Rilynil, how big does this bastich look in person. I can't see the freak'n pics at work.:banghead:
He was sitting until we got through the line, so we really couldn't make out how tall he is. Once we got through the line, he stood up to have a pic made with a couple of other people. This guy is TALL! He's easily about 6-foot-7. But he's not Hulked out, muscle-wise.

When you get a chance to see the pic, Tedmichael, the red-headed kid on the far left, is 6-foot-2 and 220 pounds. So you can see that Tyler Mane is a good bit bigger.

Tedmichael and Carrissa, the girl in the pic, have played basketball for me for many years, but they're playing for their school now. :( This is my first year since 1998 not to coach a youth team because I'd rather watch them play for their schools. We're all very close, close enough that I consider them my kids. :) My nephew Mason is in the center. He's a heckuva basketball player, too. Dalton, the kid on the back right, is one of Mason's friends from school.

Teague
10-15-2007, 11:38 AM
Very cool, Neil! Sounds like a great night.

I'm glad to hear that he's a good guy. Always nice to hear that fame doesn't go to everyone's head, you know? And he makes for a great 'Tooth.

I had no idea he was Mike Meyers in the remake, either. Huh.

Thanks for sharing, Neil! :thumbs2: :buttrock:

CocoPUFF
10-15-2007, 11:50 AM
that's awesome rily! At our haunted house in Hell Paso, they found a dead guy in front of it two days ago!

rilynil
10-15-2007, 12:00 PM
that's awesome rily! At our haunted house in Hell Paso, they found a dead guy in front of it two days ago!
Holy crap! Did that make the newspapers? I'd love to read the story! What killed the guy??

CocoPUFF
10-15-2007, 12:08 PM
Holy crap! Did that make the newspapers? I'd love to read the story! What killed the guy??

they say it was natural causes...it was like one of those small paragraph story's in the paper...I just thought..."whoa! A dead guy? Guess they are going all out this year...." pretty lame article, and I can't believe they didn't say more about it. Probably worried about the publicity for the radio station that runs it or something...

http://www.elpasotimes.com//ci_7165256?IADID=Search-www.elpasotimes.com-www.elpasotimes.com

dead bodies aren't a big deal out here I guess...:confused:

rilynil
10-15-2007, 04:03 PM
they say it was natural causes...it was like one of those small paragraph story's in the paper...I just thought..."whoa! A dead guy? Guess they are going all out this year...." pretty lame article, and I can't believe they didn't say more about it. Probably worried about the publicity for the radio station that runs it or something...

http://www.elpasotimes.com//ci_7165256?IADID=Search-www.elpasotimes.com-www.elpasotimes.com

dead bodies aren't a big deal out here I guess...:confused:

Man, I thought the story would have warranted more than two sentences. But I can see where the newspaper didn't want to be accused of overplaying the story out of respect for the family.

Meteor Man
10-15-2007, 04:19 PM
I got the very cool opportunity to meet Tyler Mane on Saturday night. He's the former professional wrestler (Big Sky) who played Sabretooth in the first X-Men movie and Michael Myers in Rob Zombie's Halloween.

I took my nephew and three other kids to a haunted house called Atrox Factory just outside Birmingham, Alabama, in a town called Leeds. Amazingly, Atrox Factory had Robert Englund (Freddie Kruger) as a guest last weekend, Tyler Mane this week, and Michael Bailey Smith (The Hills Have Eyes' Pluto) next weekend. These are pretty big names for a haunted house attraction in Leeds, Alabama. (Leeds' most famous son is former NBA star Charles Barkley)

Anyway, the haunted house part was great and then we got in Tyler Mane's line for autographs and a pic. It took about 45 minutes to make our way through the line, which wasn't too bad.

Tyler Mane couldn't have been friendlier. He shook my hand twice, signed all the kids' Atrox Factory shirts, signed a picture of him in the Michael Myers costume and posed with the kids for a picture, which I took. What a nice guy! I told him that they need to bring back Sabretooth for the next X-Men movie and he just grinned big and said "oh yeah!"

This was a GREAT time, especially considering that we didn't even know Tyler Mane was going to be there until we got in line to buy tickets for the haunted house.

After Atrox, we went to another haunted house on the other side of town (The Haunted in Alabaster), and then I took them to a third cool spook house (Birmingham's Sloss Fright Night Furnace) on Sunday night. Damn, I love Halloween! :buttrock:

http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k42/nadams65/DSC03075-1.jpg

Here's my autographed picture:

http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k42/nadams65/DSC03087.jpg

Hey rily, is that you standing in the middle at the back of the pic?:)...JK.

rilynil
10-15-2007, 05:00 PM
Hey rily, is that you standing in the middle at the back of the pic?:)...JK.

:laugh: No, that's my nephew! I took the pic. :)

glassdancer
10-15-2007, 05:03 PM
you get all the breaks, Rily!!!

awsome!

Babytoxie
10-15-2007, 06:47 PM
Very cool!

Looks like he's off the juice, for now at least.:D

rilynil
10-15-2007, 07:54 PM
Very cool!

Looks like he's off the juice, for now at least.:D
Thanks! Yep, Tyler was big, but he really didn't look any different than your average big-built, tall guy. He didn't look like he was on 'roids at all.

rychehitman
10-15-2007, 07:57 PM
Thanks! Yep, Tyler was big...

was he gentle?:confused:

rilynil
10-16-2007, 02:56 AM
was he gentle?:confused:
Here, I'll show ya :stick: