PDA

View Full Version : X-Men Origins: Wolverine May 1, 2009

pdashnut12
10-19-2007, 05:53 PM
Check Marvel.com for the title of the new wolverine movie and the release date.

Endless Wake
10-19-2007, 06:10 PM
That title is terrible. I'd take Wolverine or even Wolverine Origins but the current title is just a set up for the Magneto movie; X-Men Origins: Magneto.:thumbsdow

pdashnut12
10-19-2007, 09:06 PM
I dont care what the title is, as long as the movie kicks ass.

rilynil
10-19-2007, 10:15 PM
I've got high hopes for the movie. :)

wolverinejedi007
01-14-2008, 02:37 AM
to this I say WHAT?????????

Who is Schreiber Playing in Wolverine?
Source: CHUD January 11, 2008

CHUD is reporting that Liev Schreiber is playing Victor Creed (AKA Sabretooth) in the Gavin Hood-directed X-Men Origins: Wolverine and not a young Stryker as was previously believed.

The site adds that Michael C. Hall ("Dexter") is instead in talks for the role of Stryker and that they are eyeing Michelle Monaghan for Silver Fox.

Leading up to the events of X-Men, "Wolverine" tells the story of Wolverine's epically violent and romantic past, his complex relationship with Victor Creed, and the ominous Weapon X program. Along the way, Wolverine encounters many mutants, both familiar and new, including surprise appearances by several legends of the X-Men universe.

The movie opens in theaters on May 1, 2009.

Babytoxie
01-14-2008, 10:45 AM
Just call it Wolverine IV. That's what we're up to, right?:D

abarron
01-14-2008, 11:00 AM

Sounds good to me.
Just call it Wolverine.
I wanna see logan and creed in their Weapon X days and the whole back story between them and how Sabretooth is wolverine's ultimate nemisis

Meteor Man
01-14-2008, 03:33 PM

If you look at the posters, the DVD covers and the movies themselves, then yeah, that pretty much covers it.:redface:

cougartrace
01-14-2008, 04:06 PM
That title is terrible. I'd take Wolverine or even Wolverine Origins but the current title is just a set up for the Magneto movie; X-Men Origins: Magneto.:thumbsdow

well the name is all marketing.

Since the public knows the X-MEN name and has enjoyed the movies, they probably wanted to keep the X-MEN name in there for marketibility..

AsOneDead
01-15-2008, 12:28 AM
I have a feeling this isn't going to be good, they're probably going tone it down a lot to get a PG rating.

riderV3
01-15-2008, 12:50 AM
I really hope we can get something other than Sabertooth...
Sabertoothis just way overused and no fun at all.

Omega Red woule be cool.

metfan923
01-15-2008, 01:32 AM
i think omega red would be cool, but sabertooth i think fits better for an origin movie...

and i would be HIGHLY dissapointed if they toned it down for a pg rating...

AsOneDead
01-15-2008, 01:59 AM
Sabretooth will definately be in it, don't think Omega Red will be in it, there's too much happening already.
I really hope they stick to the source material, Wolverine's got one of the most interesting back stories of any comic book character IMO.

Argonus
01-15-2008, 02:16 AM
I forget if they've alluded to his age in the previous movies.

The Logan in comics is roughly around 200 years old, isn't he? Surely that's a viable age for the movies as well.. I mean.. c'mon.. the guy survives bullet wounds and has claws coming out of his hands, the general public (who've embraced him) shouldn't have issues with him being over a hundred years old.

I enjoyed the trilogy overall, but Stryker's mentioning of giving Wolverine his Adamantium only 15 years prior to X-2's storyline (I'm pretty sure it was only 15 years) somewhat rubbed me the wrong way. I would've thought "movie" Logan would've been infused with Adamantium far earlier than 15 years prior.

Just a minor nit-pick, though. Plus, comics to movies is never without sacrifices to story/origins, obviously.

Seeing Mariko would be sweet, if there's plans for her eventual appearance.

moon_knight1971
01-15-2008, 02:51 AM
I hope Hugh doesn't hurt his old a**:) I wasnt this movie to be good lol

pdashnut12
01-15-2008, 09:45 PM
I read something about having silverfox in the movie.

AsOneDead
01-15-2008, 10:16 PM
Yeah, she's in it.

goodydog12
01-15-2008, 11:37 PM
to this I say WHAT?????????

Who is Schreiber Playing in Wolverine?
Source: CHUD January 11, 2008

CHUD is reporting that Liev Schreiber is playing Victor Creed (AKA Sabretooth) in the Gavin Hood-directed X-Men Origins: Wolverine and not a young Stryker as was previously believed.

The site adds that Michael C. Hall ("Dexter") is instead in talks for the role of Stryker and that they are eyeing Michelle Monaghan for Silver Fox.

Leading up to the events of X-Men, "Wolverine" tells the story of Wolverine's epically violent and romantic past, his complex relationship with Victor Creed, and the ominous Weapon X program. Along the way, Wolverine encounters many mutants, both familiar and new, including surprise appearances by several legends of the X-Men universe.

The movie opens in theaters on May 1, 2009.

I think he's gonna be alright as Sabertooth.