PDA

View Full Version : You know what's SAD this time of year

cougartrace
10-20-2007, 10:04 AM
I have a million movie and regular channels on my Cable TV and not one of them is showing a horror movie this time of year.

It's all due to the pacification of America. When we grew up, we enjoyed Halloween, but now we don't let our kids near anything scary. Same reason we don't have Halloween carnivals anymore but we have Fall Festivals.

It's been drilled in our heads that the same thing we did as kids aren't good for our kids. That's pure BS.

Its sad that kids today don't get to enjoy this time of year like I did when I was a kid :banghead: :(

RichBamf
10-20-2007, 10:12 AM
I have a million movie and regular channels on my Cable TV and not one of them is showing a horror movie this time of year.

It's all due to the pacification of America. When we grew up, we enjoyed Halloween, but now we don't let our kids near anything scary. Same reason we don't have Halloween carnivals anymore but we have Fall Festivals.

Its sad that kids today don't get to enjoy this time of year like I did when I was a kid :banghead: :(

You're a complex individual, aren't you CT? :)

bat_collector
10-20-2007, 10:14 AM
I've seen some 'halloween" ish stuff going on tv

cougartrace
10-20-2007, 10:18 AM
I've seen some 'halloween" ish stuff going on tv

well, at midnight I did see the movie THE PULSE come one. I guess the "ish" part is right for this movie.

scott
10-20-2007, 12:36 PM
Well the View is on weekdays & that's preety dam scary.:eek:

boondocksaint
10-20-2007, 01:07 PM
i have a horror channel on hdtv...usually show corny stuff but sometimes i catch some good ones

protector2814
10-20-2007, 02:36 PM
Can't help but agree; at least when it comes to entertainment. When I was a kid we had daily movies on TV - come October, the format would switch to horror. Even the host would dress up as a Vampire or something. TV shows would be Halloweened Themed, they're be Halloween themed comics and cartoons. MAd Monster Party would come on TV like Rudolph in December.
Now...it seems just the stores shove it down our throats and just to make a buck.

cougartrace
10-20-2007, 02:49 PM
It's because they thing scary things and violence is bad for our kids..bs..it's parents not talking to kids that is bad

patrickwm68
10-20-2007, 02:57 PM
This is why I have such a huge DVD collection. You can't rely on the Networks to play this stuff anymore.

VaultMan
10-20-2007, 04:04 PM
Is "Its the Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown" still comin' on?:thumbs2:

snappahead
10-20-2007, 05:11 PM
Can't help but agree; at least when it comes to entertainment. When I was a kid we had daily movies on TV - come October, the format would switch to horror. Even the host would dress up as a Vampire or something. TV shows would be Halloweened Themed, they're be Halloween themed comics and cartoons. MAd Monster Party would come on TV like Rudolph in December.
Now...it seems just the stores shove it down our throats and just to make a buck.

Man, I remember those days. Great stuff. I'd watch "Monster Mash"...I think that's what it was called. Marathons of old creature features and horror flicks. Good stuff. TV in general ain't what it use to be.

I don't know if they still show "Great Pumpkin" or not. Good question. They don't even seem to show alot of the good Christmas specials anymore.

protector2814
10-20-2007, 05:14 PM
It also may have something to do with it being frickin 80something degrees in late October. For christsakes I was just shootin hoops w/ my kids and it feels like July. Pumpkins are rotting.

protector2814
10-20-2007, 05:16 PM
Man, I remember those days. Great stuff. I'd watch "Monster Mash"...I think that's what it was called. Marathons of old creature features and horror flicks. Good stuff. TV in general ain't what it use to be.

I don't know if they still show "Great Pumpkin" or not. Good question. They don't even seem to show alot of the good Christmas specials anymore.

There was even a pretty good episode of Happy Days that was Halloween themed. All the series had Halloween episodes.

snappahead
10-20-2007, 05:20 PM
There was even a pretty good episode of Happy Days that was Halloween themed. All the series had Halloween episodes.

I also enjoyed the Roseanne Halloween episodes. Those were always a lot of fun. Never seen the Happy Days episode. Surprising too, cause I watched alot of reruns for that show.

protector2814
10-20-2007, 05:22 PM
I also enjoyed the Roseanne Halloween episodes. Those were always a lot of fun. Never seen the Happy Days episode. Surprising too, cause I watched alot of reruns for that show.

The reason it was good was because it was a very early episode. Fonzie still wore a windbreaker. Had to do w/ a halloween party at some old house. You know, just stupid fun.