PDA

View Full Version : Worst Possible Scenario

VaultMan
10-20-2007, 03:57 PM
Back when I was kid, my buddy and I used to debate which movie scenario was the scariest/worst/no-win situation to find yourself in.

Some of our choices were:

War of the Worlds (original)
Dawn of the Dead (original)
The Thing (John Carpenter's version)
Jaws
Alien, Aliens, Alien 3 (take your pick)

Thinking about it these days, I might pick:
28 Days
Children of Men

What do you think?

What movie scenario would you LEAST like to find yourself in?

scott
10-20-2007, 04:08 PM
Jaws, That movie has given me nightmares to this day.

pdashnut12
10-20-2007, 04:42 PM
Definately Day of the Dead, seriously your stuck in an underground bunker!

snappahead
10-20-2007, 05:06 PM
Yeah, the Dead movies have to be the worst. I mean..it's over!

wktf
10-20-2007, 06:59 PM
I Am Legend. Last human alive on a planet turned to vampires.

CocoPUFF
10-20-2007, 07:36 PM
Poseidon....the thought of being stuck in the middle of the ocean ....yipes! or titanic for that matter..

VaultMan
10-20-2007, 07:50 PM
Poseidon....the thought of being stuck in the middle of the ocean ....yipes! or titanic for that matter..

Thats a really good point. That Titanic scenario is HORRIFYING. :bawling:

'Nuff
10-20-2007, 07:52 PM
Being stuck on the island with..."The Killer Shrews"...:(

boondocksaint
10-20-2007, 07:58 PM
whats CHILDREN OF MEN about

id say the titanic or jaws...i hate the ocean

'Nuff
10-20-2007, 08:03 PM
whats CHILDREN OF MEN about

id say the titanic or jaws...i hate the ocean

Hey Boony...:thumbs2:
Iffin I'd seen Jaws...knowing what I know about the USS Indianapolis...I would have never joined the Navy...:confused2

boondocksaint
10-20-2007, 08:45 PM
Iffin I'd seen Jaws...knowing what I know about the USS Indianapolis...I would have never joined the Navy...:confused2

yeah i heard that story...watched it on tv...all the interviews from back then...i cringe just thinking about it....:thumbsdow

patrickwm68
10-20-2007, 08:49 PM
At the end of Alien vs. Predator when they left that girl in the middle of Antartica alone.

'Nuff
10-20-2007, 09:14 PM
yeah i heard that story...watched it on tv...all the interviews from back then...i cringe just thinking about it....:thumbsdow

One of my gals from High School...Her Dad was on that ship...Mckissick...I can't remember his first name...Dr. Mckissick is all I remember...:banghead:

She was the Neighbor Lady until about a month ago...

Raven1014
10-20-2007, 09:19 PM
Got to be Dawn of the Dead, for a couple of simple reasons:

"You are never safe, only safer"
"So long as we're alive, they will never run out of food"
"Everyone of us that dies adds another to their side"

protector2814
10-20-2007, 09:45 PM
Really good question. Tough one to answer but...I'm gonna have to go w/ Children of Men. In all the others, there's a fan-boy 'out'. I've spent more than a few hours daydreaming about what I'd do in a Zombie situation, a War of the World's scenario, any othe sci-fi/horror what-if?
But when I finally saw Children of Men just a week or so back, I couldn't help but feel that we're just a few decades away from this political/social situation being for real. Minus the zero child-birth. World population's gonna do nothing but soar.

scott
10-20-2007, 11:04 PM
My gramps was on that ship. As a kid I always asked him about it. Thinking it was like GI joe stuff. He never would say a word about it. Just look at me,He would suck on his cigar & exhale knowing I could not handle the truth. Maybe he thought about the A bomb he helped ship over there. Must have been the next thing to hell on earth.

Collection King 13
10-20-2007, 11:53 PM
Here goes my worst:
http://i168.photobucket.com/albums/u192/wf4charl/saw.jpg

snappahead
10-21-2007, 12:24 AM
Here goes my worst:
http://i168.photobucket.com/albums/u192/wf4charl/saw.jpg

Hehe..good choice.

AsOneDead
10-21-2007, 12:30 AM
Being in one of jigsaw's games would be the worst..

some other ones i would hate to be in are..

the shining- a person that you trust and love is trying to kill you!

the descent- stuck in a cave with killer creatures.

the sixth sense- seeing dead people.

nightmare on elm st- you can never go to sleep because if you do, you're dead!

all zombie movies- the sheer amount of them is just scary and being eaten alive is horrific.

Wolverine1
10-21-2007, 01:17 AM
Saw, Hostel or Dawn of the Dead!

Brru
10-21-2007, 01:41 AM
Saw, Hostel or Dawn of the Dead!

Those dont scare me. I don't really know why, but in intense drama I just start laughing my ass off cause of how ridiculous it all is. Im pretty sure I would crap my pants if I was in one of those situations, but I like to think that I would be cracking jokes to the guy.

I think children of men is one of the scariest situations in a movie, but I think thats cause of the realism of everything. Im more afraid of a retarded president/political figure then I am of a retarded psychopathic killer. I guess I figure if Im screwed by a killer I cant really change that, but a politician I can (in theory).

Other I would have a problem with

Jurassic Park I - that would be fun to see dinosaurs, but not eaten by them heh.

Terminator - either being chased around by an indestructible arnold or having the world taken over by machines. I guess IRobot, the Matrix, etc all fit into that category too (although being able to slow down time in the matrix would be fun).

VaultMan
10-21-2007, 09:54 AM
But when I finally saw Children of Men just a week or so back, I couldn't help but feel that we're just a few decades away from this political/social situation being for real. Minus the zero child-birth. World population's gonna do nothing but soar.

This is true. Those futuristic movies with oversized populations, or disease, etc are always the scariest. Children of Me is a BLEAK outlook on the future.

Those combat scenes near the end when Clive Owen was running around: scary. And you know that was like downtown London!:bawling:

CocoPUFF
10-22-2007, 04:56 PM
Being in one of jigsaw's games would be the worst..

some other ones i would hate to be in are..

the shining- a person that you trust and love is trying to kill you!

the descent- stuck in a cave with killer creatures.

the sixth sense- seeing dead people.

nightmare on elm st- you can never go to sleep because if you do, you're dead!

all zombie movies- the sheer amount of them is just scary and being eaten alive is horrific.

Yipes! The descent! Horrible situation!:(

Jesse321
10-22-2007, 05:01 PM
The Decent, or Poseidon for me, I'm claustrophobic .. that to me is worse than anything.

JM28Cardiff
10-23-2007, 08:29 AM
There was a tv movie in the UK when I was a kid, it was about rabies getting into the UK from Europe (we dont have rabies in the UK, being an island) and there were packs of wild rabid dogs roaming around attacking people, that scared me.

The TV series of Day of the Triffids also scared me.

RichBamf
10-23-2007, 08:34 AM
Thats a really good point. That Titanic scenario is HORRIFYING. :bawling:

Yeah, I'd HATE to be in that piece of crap movie :banghead:

Seriously though, I can't think of anything worse than being in one of these hunted or hunter situations, seeing your friends picked off and knowing you're last.

Me being the last man alive in any situation isn't gonna end well, since lonliness is a big phobia of mine. I'd probably be found culed up in a ball rocking back and forth! :laugh:

RichBamf
10-23-2007, 08:36 AM
Those combat scenes near the end when Clive Owen was running around: scary. And you know that was like downtown London!:bawling:

Downtown London ain't that different :laugh: