PDA

View Full Version : Sopranos creator calls viewers pathetic

Endless Wake
10-23-2007, 08:45 PM
Man this guy is a 1st class @$$.

"The pathetic thing -- to me -- was how much they wanted HIS blood, after cheering him on for eight years."

"There WAS a war going on that week, and attempted terror attacks in London," says Chase. "But these people were talking about onion rings."

He says it's "just great" if fans tried to find a deeper meaning, but "most of them, most of us, should have done this kind of thing in high school English class and didn't."

http://www.cnn.com/2007/SHOWBIZ/TV/10/23/tv.sopranos.davidchase.ap/index.html

Babytoxie
10-23-2007, 09:21 PM
Yeah, screw him. He will be making excuses for the rest of his life. This will be his albatross.

And while this unexpected finish left lots of viewers thinking their cable service was on the fritz, Chase insists it wasn't meant as a prank.

"Why would we want to do that?" he asks. "Why would we entertain people for eight years only to give them the finger?"

I dunno, Mr. Chase. You tell me. :stick:

VaultMan
10-24-2007, 06:42 PM
Chase comes out on top in this situation. He's made his money, he's getting his DVD residuals and h can retire. While we're all pissed about this crap ending.

Underdog07
10-24-2007, 06:53 PM
He's not calling the viewers pathetic but instead is calling the notion that Tony had to be killed pathetic. That is a huge difference to me because it is not a slap in the face. Its like saying "That's a dumb idea." You are not calling the individual dumb but the idea.

chromesamurai
10-24-2007, 07:26 PM
Regardless, he's still an ass. That comment might not be a slap in the face to his fans, but the last episode sure was.

The General
10-24-2007, 07:44 PM
Man this guy is a 1st class @$$.

http://www.cnn.com/2007/SHOWBIZ/TV/10/23/tv.sopranos.davidchase.ap/index.html

This guy gets me sick. I would love to kick him right in the ass. I didn't care whether Tony lived or died - I just wanted a real ending. Not that supposed "artistic" crap that he pulled. I hate smart asses like this guy. It's written all over his smug annoying face - He swears that he's smarter than everyone else. My boss is just like this pr!ck. :mad:

cougartrace
10-24-2007, 07:45 PM
I liked the ending. And I'm sure his quote was taken out of context.

Life goes on as usual for the Sopranos was the perfect ending for the show.

No reason to insult someone you don't fricken know..:stick:

Stop the fricken hate :stick:

Endless Wake
10-24-2007, 08:13 PM
Come on guys, this guy is full of himself. What true artist would mock people for trying to understand their work. There's no way this is taken out of context;

"There WAS a war going on that week, and attempted terror attacks in London," says Chase. "But these people were talking about onion rings."

He says it's "just great" if fans tried to find a deeper meaning, but "most of them, most of us, should have done this kind of thing in high school English class and didn't."

The General
10-25-2007, 06:49 AM
I liked the ending. And I'm sure his quote was taken out of context.

Life goes on as usual for the Sopranos was the perfect ending for the show.

No reason to insult someone you don't fricken know..:stick:

Stop the fricken hate :stick:

I call it like I see it. The guy is clearly a douche. I don't hate the guy. I just want to kick him in the ass.

superdoug
10-25-2007, 11:08 AM
Come on guys, this guy is full of himself. What true artist would mock people for trying to understand their work. There's no way this is taken out of context;

Except, the way you have it presented here, it -is- out of context. You've simply taken the two most damning statements (in your opinion), and presented them without the rest of the article. Reading the article, I didn't get the sense that he was trying to put one over on his fans, or cheat them. He had an ending in mind that, surprisingly, was like Life. Sometimes, it just goes on.

I think people are being too hard on a man who had to find a way to resolve a series that, honestly, murder or no, wouldn't have pleased the fans no matter what he did.