PDA

View Full Version : It's a sad, sad day...

J Storm
10-24-2007, 08:00 PM
...my xbox 360 got the red ring of death. After talking with microsoft, they will send a box to ship the system to them. Once they receive it, it will take 6 - 12 business days to repair and if they cant fix it, I will get a new core system. Theyre also giving me a 1 month free xbox live gold. So whatever halo 3 skills i had is gone and I wont be on for about a month.:bawling:

J Storm
10-24-2007, 08:02 PM
:bawling: :bawling: :bawling:

glassdancer
10-24-2007, 08:02 PM
...my xbox 360 got the red ring of death. After talking with microsoft, they will send a box to ship the system to them. Once they receive it, it will take 6 - 12 business days to repair and if they cant fix it, I will get a new core system. Theyre also giving me a 1 month free xbox live gold. So whatever halo 3 skills i had is gone and I wont be on for about a month.:bawling:

Hey Storm, I'm sorry to hear that. Ironically enough, I'll be leaving work in about an hour and will go to Best Buy to pick up Guitar Hero 3.....

I'm sor sorry,...get it fixed soon... I LOVE HALO 3!!!!

Hang in there and good luck!!

-GD.

Alex655321
10-24-2007, 08:04 PM
at least you have the mafia thread to post in.

Hope it gets resolved soon!

Sniper
10-24-2007, 08:08 PM
hey, booney took his to best buy and they gave him one on the spot and took the old one. ask dave how he managed that one. Now he's back to palying halo 3

Endless Wake
10-24-2007, 08:09 PM
Sorry to hear that Ant, my neighbor got the ring of death and it took 5 -6 weeks to get back to him.

I'll be leaving work in about an hour and will go to Best Buy to pick up Guitar Hero 3.....
I believe thats not out until this Sunday.

twinzs
10-24-2007, 08:30 PM
you'll be missed on halo! We'll have to get a big game for your return

glassdancer
10-24-2007, 08:30 PM
Sorry to hear that Ant, my neighbor got the ring of death and it took 5 -6 weeks to get back to him.

I believe thats not out until this Sunday.

Are you sure...???

I thought it came out on Tuesday (yesterday)....???

:confused:

isculpt
10-24-2007, 10:13 PM
I am about to go pick up mine from repair for the first time. It took about 12-14 days.

thecallahan
10-24-2007, 11:12 PM
Only 6-12 days, you bastard! They told me 3-4 weeks! :mad:

patrickwm68
10-24-2007, 11:15 PM
I really wish I was still enthusiastic about video games. Haven't played regularly since Nintendo 64.

Wayne Industries
10-24-2007, 11:26 PM

Happened to me earlier this month...still waiting for it to get back. I couldn't wait though and bought the Halo edition right after it broke. :thumbs2:

Red X
10-25-2007, 12:38 AM
Hearing these stories everyday make me glad I have a PS3...:)

Sgt Taz
10-25-2007, 03:20 AM
I got mine back in less than 2 weeks.

Oh and Red X, I'd rather have some trouble playing the best games and lots of 'em than have no trouble playing a small amount of ok-ish games...not to start a console war here or anything :D

J Storm
10-25-2007, 09:34 AM

Oh and Red X, I'd rather have some trouble playing the best games and lots of 'em than have no trouble playing a small amount of ok-ish games...not to start a console war here or anything :D

same here :thumbs2:

noseeb13
10-26-2007, 01:37 AM
weeks is unacceptable.
I have heard of class action law suits against Microsoft for the wait time.

Just to put things in perspective, my Nintendo Wii had an issue with outputting video. I sent it in for repairs and had it back 2 days After I shipped it. So I figure 1 day to get there, it was repaired and shipped back the same day. That is how it should be done.

boondocksaint
10-26-2007, 11:08 AM
like andy said i got a 2 yr replacement plan for the xbox when i got it at best buy for $60

went in the guy asked "ring of death"? i said yea

told me to get a new one...in and out 10 minutes

boondocksaint
10-26-2007, 11:09 AM

i agree..and being a fan of online gaming xbox is a must,,,,its online blows ps3 away! :buttrock:

Brru
10-26-2007, 04:50 PM
Ya I got the same best buy thing cause the guy told me that you dont send it in if it breaks, you just get a replacement. I also have a little fan sitting on top of the XBox just to help things out on the heat issue. The damn thing still creates a lot of heat...

stormshadow75x
10-26-2007, 05:25 PM
Does anyone know if the Elite version can be affected by the "red ring" as well?

Red X
10-26-2007, 05:59 PM

No harm, I just think the onyl 3 games worth owning for the system are Halo3, Bioshock, and Gears...

Just like PS3 has great games as well: Resistance, Heavenly Sword, Ratchet and Clank Future. :buttrock:

Resistance online is amazing.

Sgt Taz
10-26-2007, 10:35 PM
Well for me the only two good games PS3 has so far are Motor storm and Resistance but I dont find them good enough to warrant the purchase.

On 360 I love Graw1 & 2, Dead rising, Gears, C&C3, Rainbow six, Cod2, Bioshock, Halo3, Flatout, Oblivion, Crackdown, Saints row, Splinter cell, Forza, PGR...and find each of them to warrant the purchase. And yes I am aware that some of these games are also available on PS3 but in one way or another they are infirior to the 360 versions => stated so on gamesites. I havent seen them side by side myself except for the ones there are comparisson movies of on the game sites but a few examples are Cod3, Virtua fighter 5, Rainbow six, Ghost recon...

Also the achievement and personal gamer ID card system in the whole online happening on 360 just hit's the spot :buttrock:

Sgt Taz
10-26-2007, 10:38 PM
...that's not to say that if Metal gear 4 NEVER gets released on 360 that I will never buy a PS3 :)

JM28Cardiff
10-27-2007, 09:37 AM
Ive got a 360 and a PS3, and while I dont regret either purchase, I probably could have held off on the PS3 purchase for quite a while. I dont know what the situation is like in the US, but in the UK, games that are available on both systems are more expensive on PS3 than 360. Assassins Creed, for example, looks like it will cost £10 more on PS3 (which is about $20??). So for the forseeable future, where a game is available on both systems, I will get the 360 version, hence I dont really need the PS3 just yet (other than as a Blu Ray player).

twinzs
10-27-2007, 05:47 PM
I'm up to captain almost at grade 2 :thumbs2:

Devils Drifter
10-30-2007, 01:04 PM
Sorry to hear J. Storm, I remember when you were having problems. I have an elite and so far so good. The only problem I have with mine is that the drive door doesn't close sometimes when I press the button so I have to nudge it. Strangely enough my X-Box had the same exact problem.

- DD

snappahead
10-30-2007, 01:22 PM
Sorry to hear J. Storm, I remember when you were having problems. I have an elite and so far so good. The only problem I have with mine is that the drive door doesn't close sometimes when I press the button so I have to nudge it. Strangely enough my X-Box had the same exact problem.

- DD

This just reminded me of the old days with the NES when I'd have to put another cartridge on top of the one in the system cause the locking latch didn't work anymore. Then, I'd have to slowly move the top cartridge around as I tried turning it on until it finally worked. Ah...memories.

J Storm
11-03-2007, 11:32 AM
Well, I mailed out the system yesterday via UPS, so hopefully they'll get it by Monday (3 day delivery). I'm going through withdrawals...i got the shakes...i can't take it...

boondocksaint
11-03-2007, 11:36 AM
i did to and that was for one day...lol

SpenK
11-03-2007, 11:48 AM
Sorry................Recomendation.........Buy a Better Product........emmmmmmm PlayStation 3..........:thumbs2:

boondocksaint
11-03-2007, 11:58 AM
i like online play and ps3 cant touch xbox online bwuhuahahahahaha!!!!!

Red X
11-03-2007, 12:17 PM
Ive got a 360 and a PS3, and while I dont regret either purchase, I probably could have held off on the PS3 purchase for quite a while. I dont know what the situation is like in the US, but in the UK, games that are available on both systems are more expensive on PS3 than 360. Assassins Creed, for example, looks like it will cost £10 more on PS3 (which is about $20??). So for the forseeable future, where a game is available on both systems, I will get the 360 version, hence I dont really need the PS3 just yet (other than as a Blu Ray player).

The games are priced the same here in the states.

SpenK
11-03-2007, 12:20 PM
i like online play and ps3 cant touch xbox online bwuhuahahahahaha!!!!!

:peoples: ..................Free............:rolleyes: ........whats the fuzz with Xbox Live....... i was in a friends house we were online but so waht?, true i saw more stuff that in the ps network......but online play for any game is not diferent?.......

twinzs
11-03-2007, 12:28 PM
Sorry................Recomendation.........Buy a Better Product........emmmmmmm PlayStation 3..........:thumbs2:

better product? I guess the sales say it the best

boondocksaint
11-03-2007, 12:30 PM
lol