PDA

View Full Version : 1st Attakus

hellboydce
10-28-2007, 01:49 PM
just won me a general grievous for £46 on ebay, arm broke but have been told it is a clean and easy fix, and as not looking at this as something i'm gonna sell at a later date i think i got myself a bargin. What say you?

Darth Torment
10-28-2007, 02:01 PM
That is a fantastic deal!!
If the arm is an easy fix though...

Can you post pics of the item as it is now?

hellboydce
10-28-2007, 02:38 PM
That is a fantastic deal!!
If the arm is an easy fix though...

Can you post pics of the item as it is now?

will post better pictures when i get it but these are the ones from the auction, any advice on the fixing will be appreciated

Darth Torment
10-28-2007, 02:41 PM
Post this in the Scultors corner section of this thread.

The break looks a little complicated on second glance but I am sure someone there can provide you with some advice.

What a great deal- even with the arm broken like that.

I'm sure you could fix that just like new :)

hellboydce
10-28-2007, 02:48 PM
Post this in the Scultors corner section of this thread.

The break looks a little complicated on second glance but I am sure someone there can provide you with some advice.

What a great deal- even with the arm broken like that.

I'm sure you could fix that just like new :)

will do, i'll have a look when it arrives and see where to go from there, thanks again

Darth Torment
10-28-2007, 03:14 PM
Let us know how it goes with the repairs.

geto10
10-28-2007, 03:34 PM
Well played! I hope you can fix it easily! :)

Trilogy
10-28-2007, 03:56 PM
Great deal.

Looks like an easy fix too.

Conehead
10-28-2007, 07:51 PM
Great deal!

hellboydce
11-14-2007, 05:25 AM
quite fed up, finally got my General Grevious (for £46) the arm was a pretty easy fix (and words do not do this statue justice it rocks, and it is huge too) but on closer inspection noticed (check out picture of the arm) that part of it is broken/lost (not sure if it was with it when i got it or i lost it myself) not sure if there is anyway to fix it or replace it, do you think attakus have spare parts? or is there anybody talented enough to make one? i can't really moan because even though this bit is missing it is still a mighty fine piece and a steal at the price i got it for

Darth Torment
11-14-2007, 09:54 AM
You were able to fix it!! That's great!!

Looks great, and I agree- an amazing statue. I got this a little while ago as well and LOVE it.

Again try posting this in the sculpting threads, and show that photo- I am sure someone here could help you out with that missing piece. :thumbs2:

El Diablo
11-14-2007, 04:25 PM
quite fed up, finally got my General Grevious (for £46) the arm was a pretty easy fix (and words do not do this statue justice it rocks, and it is huge too) but on closer inspection noticed (check out picture of the arm) that part of it is broken/lost (not sure if it was with it when i got it or i lost it myself) not sure if there is anyway to fix it or replace it, do you think attakus have spare parts? or is there anybody talented enough to make one? i can't really moan because even though this bit is missing it is still a mighty fine piece and a steal at the price i got it for

Congrats on that statue, especially at that price! :buttrock:
It`s well worth contacting attakus about that missing piece. I was missing the leia chain from my jabba statue and the end piece to my hooka pipe ( I brought them both from an ebay seller), I contacted attakus and they sent me the pieces out for free!
If they don`t have it, it would be easy enough to sculpt it out of some milliput or epoxy sculpt (as it`s only a small piece).

Darth Torment
11-14-2007, 04:56 PM
Attakus provides amazing customer service, and always go above and beyond.
Totally impressed with them.

StephaneAttakus
11-14-2007, 05:10 PM
What's missing exactly?

hellboydce
11-14-2007, 06:41 PM
damn pictures won't upload at the moment....Hi Stephane, if you check out the pictures from about halfway through this thread that i posted. it shows a cream sort of forearm guard that has been snapped in half, it's only a small piece and not really noticable unless you are looking for it but if it is possible to get a replacement somehow? i'd pay for it, but there is no way i'd be able to sculpt a new piece as i have no talent for that at all

hellboydce
11-14-2007, 07:11 PM
i'll tell you one thing, i couldn't get over the size of this thing it's huge.

StephaneAttakus
11-15-2007, 10:38 AM
OH well,

I got the pictures and unless I break one of our Grievous , I don't think there's a way for me to provide that missing part of the arm.

It's a really, really bad break. Please, avoid the Bay in the future :)

Darth Torment
11-15-2007, 10:58 AM
i'll tell you one thing, i couldn't get over the size of this thing it's huge.

It certainly has a presence. I love this statue.
The size, detail- everything about it is just great.
so glad I bought this one.

hellboydce
11-15-2007, 10:58 AM
thanks anyway, got a polite mail off Attakus france telling me the same thing, but i'll say this for the bay, it has now got me into Attakus, and the the general is still a fantastic piece and i got it to keep not sell so i'll overlook the small break....sandtrooper next :thumbs2:

Darth Torment
11-15-2007, 11:00 AM
That break is nothing to worry about in my opinion, still looks fantastic- and at that price??? Awesome score my friend.

hellboydce
11-15-2007, 11:05 AM
That break is nothing to worry about in my opinion, still looks fantastic- and at that price??? Awesome score my friend.

yeah i couldn't believe it when i won it, as i put in a stupid bid then forgot about till i got mail telling me i'd won.... now i wonder if i can get the sandtrooper for the same price? :) do you have any troopers storm/sand or clone? if so which would you say is the most impressive?

Darth Torment
11-15-2007, 11:58 AM
The sand/sandsarge/clone are all very well done. The differences would be more about character preference and pose more than craftsmanship when it comes to these statues, as they are all really impressive. If I had to pick from these three, I would say the Sand Sarge should be your first

My overall favorite is Jango Fett though. It was my first Attakus, and still the one I oogle over the most, over my Vader II, Grievous, Darth Maul and trooper.. amazing sculpt and paintapps on that piece.

hellboydce
11-15-2007, 02:32 PM
i think it will be the sandtrooper sarge then, it was my fav koto figure so the Attakus is bound to be super sweet