PDA

View Full Version : Green Lantern Director Named

wktf
10-29-2007, 11:26 AM
Wow! I didn't even know this movie was in the works!

http://forum.newsarama.com/showthread.php?t=134543

patrickwm68
10-29-2007, 11:36 AM
Wow, never heard of him or the films he directed. Should be great :thumbs2:

Meteor Man
10-29-2007, 01:31 PM
I have high hopes for a good GL movie...I guess we'll see if this is it...:confused::redface: :)

Jesse321
10-29-2007, 01:43 PM
I have high hopes for a good GL movie...I guess we'll see if this is it...:confused::redface: :)
GL is the sort of movie where it's going to be an all or nothing deal ... as long as the Guardians, Oa and the Corps are in the movie it will be cool as hell, leave out any of them, forget it.

Daredevil
10-29-2007, 02:10 PM
hopefully it will be a big budget movie, given the heavy CGI involved.

superdoug
10-29-2007, 02:14 PM
Greg Berlanti is -not- a bad director. I actually saw Broken Hearts Club, and it wasn't -fantastic-, but it was very good. And with the buzz on Brothers & Sisters and DirtySexyMoney being so good, I have pretty good hopes for the flick.

As long as the Jack Black rumor turns out to be a big fat lie. Please, DC, don't let that happen!

Meteor Man
10-29-2007, 02:23 PM
GL is the sort of movie where it's going to be an all or nothing deal ... as long as the Guardians, Oa and the Corps are in the movie it will be cool as hell, leave out any of them, forget it.

Agreed!

Jesse321
10-29-2007, 02:30 PM
Greg Berlanti is -not- a bad director. I actually saw Broken Hearts Club, and it wasn't -fantastic-, but it was very good. And with the buzz on Brothers & Sisters and DirtySexyMoney being so good, I have pretty good hopes for the flick.

As long as the Jack Black rumor turns out to be a big fat lie. Please, DC, don't let that happen!

LOVED Borken hearts club, but hey Timothy Oliphant and Dean Cain ... how could it have been bad! :laugh:

I haven't watched DSM, but I can tell you that B&S is EXCELLENT!

RichBamf
10-29-2007, 03:43 PM

You are 100% correct sir!

protector2814
10-29-2007, 03:46 PM
All these DC announcements seem suspect to me. JLA, Green Lantern, a Flash movie in development, Wonderwoman, why the sudden pile-up? Did a rich Aunt die and leave somebody some money?

RichBamf
10-29-2007, 03:47 PM
Question, with the Flash fiasco, the Whedon Wonder Woman collapse and the casting problem news for the JLA movie (hooray!), does anyone think this will ACTUALLY happen?

Believe me, there are few forum members who would love to see this happen more than I, but I have NO FAITH in DC's drive to push the creation of the film.

Think what a film it could be though....

thecallahan
10-29-2007, 04:34 PM
I don't trust the director. He's only directed one movie before? This will be a massive undertaking of a movie (well it should be) and I don't know if I'd hand a sophomore director the reins on this one.

God I hope it turns out great though.

Makkari1
10-29-2007, 04:40 PM
I'm just happy that DC is doing a movie OTBOS (Other than Batman or Superman) With todays tech DC has no excuse for not bringing these icons to the big screen and this is coming from a Marvel fan. I would love to see the following done.

1.) Flash.
2.) Wonder Woman.
3.) Green Lantern.
4.) Captain Marvel
5.) New Gods (Orion & Darkseid featured)

So much potential yet realized.

nbr3bagshotrow
11-01-2007, 04:23 PM
Announced on MSN home page!

http://movies.msn.com/movies/hitlist/10-30-07_3?GT1=7701

Justin
11-02-2007, 02:10 AM
After reading Rebirth & Sinstro Corps I'm a newly converted GL fan (thanks to to a couple of GL fans in the comics section for putting me onto this great title) I'd love to see a well made GL movie. Fingers crossed this turns out as good as it could be! :thumbs2:

RichBamf
11-02-2007, 05:12 AM
After reading Rebirth & Sinstro Corps I'm a newly converted GL fan (thanks to to a couple of GL fans in the comics section for putting me onto this great title) I'd love to see a well made GL movie. Fingers crossed this turns out as good as it could be! :thumbs2:

I thank you sir, and so will Primal! :laugh:

Justin
11-02-2007, 07:03 AM
I thank you sir, and so will Primal! :laugh:

:laugh:

Now Rich how do you know i was talking about Omar & your goodself? :thumbs2:

thecallahan
11-02-2007, 08:42 AM
I wish the Sinestro Corps run mega crossover would be done in Absolute edition but I know that probably won't happen. And if it does, it won't be for many years.

RichBamf
11-02-2007, 08:45 AM
:laugh:

Now Rich how do you know i was talking about Omar & your goodself? :thumbs2:

Because we were trying to get everyone to read it in that Sin Corps thread.:buttrock:

Biggest fighters for the cause!

Justin
11-02-2007, 08:52 AM
Because we were trying to get everyone to read it in that Sin Corps thread.:buttrock:

Biggest fighters for the cause!

Well i know atleast one guy that you got to join the cause :thumbs2:
and thanks for that! :)

RichBamf
11-02-2007, 09:12 AM
I wish the Sinestro Corps run mega crossover would be done in Absolute edition but I know that probably won't happen. And if it does, it won't be for many years.

They could package it with Rebirth, it'd be ace! :buttrock:

guille
11-04-2007, 02:32 AM
I have a bad feeling about this one. Warner Bros. might be the worst thing that happened to Dc characters. What can we expect coming from a guy who has only made one (bad) gay movie. He also used to be writer/producer of Dawson's Creek (according to Wikipedia), I remember long time ago all the rumors supporting Kerr Smith for the role of Kyle Rainer. (sigh)

And don't make me even start with the crap George Miller is doing with JLA.

We need someone who respect and understand the characters, instead of that all we have are those warner executives who are nothing but money driven, and excuse my language, *diots.

I'm pretty sure when, or if, this movie premiers I will be in line just to see a pale reflect of the superhero I admire. I'm hoping they prove me wrong.