PDA

View Full Version : Thor Script rewrite turned in!

Vartha
10-30-2007, 01:39 PM
This was posted on the Hype, can't seem to find the actual post from where it's from tho.

"BLAKE: Any updates on Thor?

MATTHEW VAUGHN: Mark [Protosevich] and I sat down and worked on the script and handed it in. We are currently waiting to hear what Marvel says. So news at the moment sadly, I wish there was.

BLAKE: Harry (AICN) has said he wants you to cast Ernest Borgnine as Odin for it.

MATTHEW VAUGHN: It’s a great idea [if you think about him in Viking]. Viking is a great film. I think Ernest is probably slightly too old now for the role. But let me say it will [definitely] be an Ernest type. [And let me just say] it ain’t gonna be Kevin McKidd as Thor.

BLAKE: Will you have a Gladiator type theme with it?

MATTHEW VAUGHN: Sort of. [Mainly] it’s going to be a superhero film. It can’t be a Viking movie. It can’t be Gladiator. It can’t be Lord of the Rings. It’s got to be THOR – THE MIGHTY THOR! [At least] in my mind and I want THE MIGHTY THOR set in a gritty Viking world.

from Twitchfilm.com"

Ya think the "Ernst type" comment means they're looking at Brendan Gleeson as Odin?

Vartha
10-30-2007, 01:53 PM
http://twitchfilm.net/site/view/40th-sitges-matthew-vaughn-talks-thor-jackie-brown-and-of-course-stardust/

snappahead
10-30-2007, 01:57 PM
Wonder why he doesn't like McKidd? I actually thought that could work. He's not huge, but he's got a great mug and he's a proven actor.

At least he wants to make a "Mighty Thor" film..that's promising at least.

Vartha
10-30-2007, 02:06 PM
Remember they want to start with a younger Thor, Kevin doesn't exactly look 20.
And the interview was when they had to CUT the script.

protector2814
10-30-2007, 05:03 PM
Wonder why he doesn't like McKidd? I actually thought that could work. He's not huge, but he's got a great mug and he's a proven actor.

At least he wants to make a "Mighty Thor" film..that's promising at least.

I agree. Was actually, kinda looking forward to a Mckidd official announcement.
This kiddie-actor, 20 something pretty-boy trend is killing me. Give me a little experience in an actor's face; someone who's been around the block.
Still psyched though.

Meteor Man
10-30-2007, 06:12 PM
This was posted on the Hype, can't seem to find the actual post from where it's from tho.

"BLAKE: Any updates on Thor?

MATTHEW VAUGHN: Mark [Protosevich] and I sat down and worked on the script and handed it in. We are currently waiting to hear what Marvel says. So news at the moment sadly, I wish there was.

BLAKE: Harry (AICN) has said he wants you to cast Ernest Borgnine as Odin for it.

MATTHEW VAUGHN: It’s a great idea [if you think about him in Viking]. Viking is a great film. I think Ernest is probably slightly too old now for the role. But let me say it will [definitely] be an Ernest type. [And let me just say] it ain’t gonna be Kevin McKidd as Thor.

BLAKE: Will you have a Gladiator type theme with it?

MATTHEW VAUGHN: Sort of. [Mainly] it’s going to be a superhero film. It can’t be a Viking movie. It can’t be Gladiator. It can’t be Lord of the Rings. It’s got to be THOR – THE MIGHTY THOR! [At least] in my mind and I want THE MIGHTY THOR set in a gritty Viking world.

from Twitchfilm.com"

Ya think the "Ernst type" comment means they're looking at Brendan Gleeson as Odin?

I want the Mighty Thor in a gritty viking world too! AND, I want to see Hogun the Grim and the Warriors Three in that world!:thumbs2:

Bullseye
10-30-2007, 07:20 PM
Is there any Scandinavian actors currently working that might fit the part?

JM28Cardiff
10-31-2007, 09:27 AM
Acting abilities aside, Dolph Lundgren in his prime would have been good.

Vartha
10-31-2007, 02:17 PM
I agree. Was actually, kinda looking forward to a Mckidd official announcement.
This kiddie-actor, 20 something pretty-boy trend is killing me. Give me a little experience in an actor's face; someone who's been around the block.
Still psyched though.

Well as long as they DO NOT use John Travolta's Nephew I may be happy.

http://forums.superherohype.com/showpost.php?p=8234326&postcount=1