PDA

View Full Version : Spider-Man 4 Writer Named

wktf
10-31-2007, 09:09 PM
This from newsarama.com:

JAMES VANDERBILT WRITING SPIDER-MAN 4

James Vanderbilt is writing the screenplay for Spider-Man 4 from Sony's Columbia Pictures, according to The Hollywood Reporter.

Laura Ziskin and Avi Arad figure to return as producers for the sequel, but it is unclear what roles -- if any -- director Sam Raimi and stars Tobey Maguire and Kirsten Dunst will play in the next installment.

According to The Hollywood Reporter, Vanderbilt has also been working on a polish for X-Men Origins: Wolverine. He has been linked to Warner Bros.' The Losers, based on the DC Comics property.

Vanderbilt's other credits include Zodiac and The Rundown.

Spider-Man 3, which was released on DVD on Tuesday, brought in $336.5 million domestically as the No. 1 box-office draw of 2007 so far.

Endless Wake
10-31-2007, 09:14 PM
Recast everyone, we need a fresh take on Spidey. I feel like I saw the same movie 3 times.

CocoPUFF
10-31-2007, 09:33 PM
not too crazy about the director...but I think a recast is a bad idea. Everyone already expects to see the same people in the Spiderman franchise.

armitage
10-31-2007, 10:06 PM
When the third movie came out in theaters,I saw it.
I wasn't blown away and thought it was ok.
Watching it yesterday when the DVD was released...I was completely bored and kept hoping it would end so I could watch a good halloween movie.
The third movie really just sucks.
There are some parts which are few and far between that are actually worth watching, but not enough to save this movie.

cma3
10-31-2007, 10:33 PM
This from newsarama.com:

JAMES VANDERBILT WRITING SPIDER-MAN 4

James Vanderbilt is writing the screenplay for Spider-Man 4 from Sony's Columbia Pictures, according to The Hollywood Reporter.

Laura Ziskin and Avi Arad figure to return as producers for the sequel, but it is unclear what roles -- if any -- director Sam Raimi and stars Tobey Maguire and Kirsten Dunst will play in the next installment.

According to The Hollywood Reporter, Vanderbilt has also been working on a polish for X-Men Origins: Wolverine. He has been linked to Warner Bros.' The Losers, based on the DC Comics property.

Vanderbilt's other credits include Zodiac and The Rundown.

Spider-Man 3, which was released on DVD on Tuesday, brought in $336.5 million domestically as the No. 1 box-office draw of 2007 so far.

Vanderbilt needs to stay clear of Wolverine and let Benioff write this thing.

Benioff, unlike Vanderbilt, can write screenplays.

Trilogy
11-01-2007, 03:51 AM
Recast everyone, we need a fresh take on Spidey. I feel like I saw the same movie 3 times.

I hope they don't if this is a true sequel.

Trilogy
11-01-2007, 03:53 AM
not too crazy about the director...but I think a recast is a bad idea. Everyone already expects to see the same people in the Spiderman franchise.

There`s nothing worse than the same character in a franchise being replaced with another actor.
Just does`nt work IMO.

VaultMan
11-01-2007, 07:58 AM
You know what this franchise needs?

Spidey should take on the scientists of A.I.M.!:buttrock: