PDA

View Full Version : Dushku & Whedon TOGETHER AGAIN!

fossa2
11-01-2007, 12:56 PM
Sounds interesting...:thumbs2:

http://community.tvguide.com/blog-entry/TVGuide-Editors-Blog/Ausiello-Report/Eliza-Dushku-Lures/800026169

Bullseye
11-01-2007, 01:06 PM
This could be interesting. If Dushku was alittle taller she might make a decent Wonder Woman.

patrickwm68
11-01-2007, 01:19 PM
It's about time, I haven't seen her since Tru Calling got cancelled. Too bad it's not a "Faith" show.

glassdancer
11-01-2007, 01:19 PM
This could be interesting. If Dushku was alittle taller she might make a decent Wonder Woman.

I'm not so sure, Bulls.....

Wasn't Wonder Woman/Diana Prince more of an Amazon type build as well as a more mature Woman...??

Maybe she could play a great "Wonder Girl" like from the Teen Titans.....?

I don't know,.......just imagining a Wonder Woman to be more like a more mature woman (both in personality AND in looks/build).

I have no idea who would be a good candidate, however. For some reason, Eva Longoria comes to mind,......:peoples: Then again, Eva can be a little short....

MiamiLoco
11-01-2007, 01:22 PM
<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/WW3xLyTgr2Q&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/WW3xLyTgr2Q&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

glassdancer
11-01-2007, 01:26 PM
<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/WW3xLyTgr2Q&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/WW3xLyTgr2Q&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

:confused:

Bullseye
11-01-2007, 01:31 PM
I'm not so sure, Bulls.....

Wasn't Wonder Woman/Diana Prince more of an Amazon type build as well as a more mature Woman...??

Maybe she could play a great "Wonder Girl" like from the Teen Titans.....?

I don't know,.......just imagining a Wonder Woman to be more like a more mature woman (both in personality AND in looks/build).

I have no idea who would be a good candidate, however. For some reason, Eva Longoria comes to mind,......:peoples: Then again, Eva can be a little short....

I think the first film she will be pretty young?? There has not been much news lately other than the Director (named above) quitting.

glassdancer
11-01-2007, 01:37 PM
I think the first film she will be pretty young?? There has not been much news lately other than the Director (named above) quitting.

Oh,....

I didn't realize that there might be more than one film.

I get it then. I suppose if they focused moreso on the 'origin" rather than an already established Wonder Woman, then I could easily see her playing the role.:thumbs2:

Bullseye
11-01-2007, 01:40 PM
You would imagine there would be two or three. She is a popular character.

glassdancer
11-01-2007, 01:49 PM
You would imagine there would be two or three. She is a popular character.

no doubt!!!:buttrock:

Bullseye
11-01-2007, 01:55 PM
I'm hoping for a Trilogy of films. Probably my favourite DC character and maybe my second favourite comic character behind Spidey.

glassdancer
11-01-2007, 02:00 PM
I'm hoping for a Trilogy of films. Probably my favourite DC character and maybe my second favourite comic character behind Spidey.

I hope they stop making Spidey films.

My favorite was the Second one. I think the third really went downhill.

Just my opinion.

It's time for some more films about "different characters!"

Bullseye
11-01-2007, 02:02 PM
There will be a 4th for sure. Already being worked on. I would love to see an Avengers, Black Widow and another Daredevil movie (different lead though).

Gangleri
11-01-2007, 02:03 PM
The only thing that worries me is that the show will be broadcast on FOX. They have pulled more shows, that I've "invested time" .... always wondering what could have been, if they had been given more episodes.

Ms. Dushku's Tru Calling storyline with her "evil" opposite(Jason Priestley) and her father working against her would have been fun to watch. The hints left about Tru's parents relationship (they may have been the Tru/Jack(Priestley) Harper battle of thier generation) will never be answered.

I hope they give the new show a chance.

As of writing this, there may be a strike by the Writers. I wonder if there is a Strike how it will affect new show development??

glassdancer
11-01-2007, 02:11 PM
There will be a 4th for sure. Already being worked on. I would love to see an Avengers, Black Widow and another Daredevil movie (different lead though).

what a shame...

Maybe they can let Kirstin go for Mary Jane and replace her with E.D...:thumbs2:

IronFist
11-01-2007, 02:13 PM
As of writing this, there may be a strike by the Writers. I wonder if there is a Strike how it will affect new show development??

It will come to an immediate and abrupt halt, that's how it will be affected. Whedon's said that if and when a strike happens, he will do zero TV/movie writing. He also expects that we'll be seeing a lot of new novels coming out next year. :)

Not hard to imagine that he's pretty representative of the entirety of the Writer's Guild.

Gangleri
11-01-2007, 03:16 PM
It will come to an immediate and abrupt halt, that's how it will be affected. Whedon's said that if and when a strike happens, he will do zero TV/movie writing. He also expects that we'll be seeing a lot of new novels coming out next year. :)

Not hard to imagine that he's pretty representative of the entirety of the Writer's Guild.

I always enjoy new books involving TV (favs) programs or the writers of (fav) shows breaking new ground with stories/characters of thier creation. It's always interesting to see a writer, sometimes held back by show budget/FX or the network suits....write stories limited only by thier imagination.

I just hope some GOOD (TV) show ideas don't get lost.

BigLeagueChu
11-01-2007, 03:18 PM
I'm very excited about this news. With Joss on board, the writing will be superb.

rilynil
11-01-2007, 03:39 PM
Very cool news. Joss is one of the best writers today, whatever the medium.

Juggernaut
11-01-2007, 05:43 PM
Very interesting news.

I was hoping for a faith series though.

fossa2
11-07-2007, 01:28 PM
James Marsters is being STRONGLY considered for the male lead on the show :thumbs2:

superdoug
11-07-2007, 01:33 PM
This is really cool news, until you look at Fox's history with Tim Minear. Firefly and Drive were killed almost from the get-go, and didn't last long. I'm actually surprised that either Minear or Whedon would agree to work with them again, after the reaming they got at Fox's hands.

Still, I will be making sure to keep my eye out for it, and hopefully, Fox won't bollix this up again. :(

fossa2
03-05-2008, 01:05 PM
Question: I'm dying for more Dollhouse scoop!
Answer: I'll be curious to see if Joss takes any of our suggestions. I'm sure it's a long shot, especially in light of what he told me back in November when Dollhouse was just announced. "My first instinct is to probably [cast] new people [in Dollhouse], because I'm already reuniting with Eliza and I don't want it to seem like a house party," he said. "I want to make sure people get a fresh feeling from it. But behind the scenes, I will be chasing many writers that I have worked with before because they're the people I trust." Hence Whedon's decision to snap up former Angel scribes Elizabeth Craft and Sarah Fain the moment they parted ways with Women's Murder Club.

Question: More Dollhouse scoopage, please!
Answer: Interested in reading the just-released, official show description? No? Too bad, 'cause here it is: "A group of people, known as 'Actives' (or 'Dolls'), have had their personalities wiped clean so they can be imprinted with any number of new personas and hired out for particular jobs, crimes, fantasies and occasional good deeds. When not imprinted, the Actives live, childlike and unremembering, in a hidden facility nicknamed 'The Dollhouse.' Although the Actives are ostensibly volunteers, the operation is highly illegal, and under constant threat from a determined federal agent on one end and an insane rogue Active on the other. The story hinges around a greater and more subtle threat: Echo, a female Active, begins, in her mind-wiped state, to become self-aware."

Black Cat
03-06-2008, 12:14 AM
For some reason, Eva Longoria comes to mind,......:peoples: Then again, Eva can be a little short....

No no no! I hate Eva and she is not even pretty and she cannot act GD lol. Eliza would be a great choice

With that said, I am happy she is back cause she is one of my favs

endsongjen
03-06-2008, 12:19 PM
No no no! I hate Eva and she is not even pretty and she cannot act GD lol. Eliza would be a great choice

With that said, I am happy she is back cause she is one of my favs

lmao!!!! yay finally someone agrees with me! she looks like a mouse.

stormshadow75x
03-06-2008, 12:42 PM

DAMN!!!!!!!!!!

that was the best part of that movie :thumbs2:

rilynil
03-06-2008, 01:07 PM
No no no! I hate Eva and she is not even pretty and she cannot act GD lol.

I had absolutely no opinion of Eva until I read a magazine article on her, I think it may have been in Esquire. It was one of those "you're following the star around for a few days" pieces. She came across as one of the most vapid, immature women I have ever read about. This was before her marriage and she was laughing about how she just ignores her boyfriends completely when she wants to break up with them. She was laughing about how she won't even speak or act like they're in the room when she's tired of the relationship. She sounded like she was 12 years old! It made me want to knock her over the head with a big, dead carp.

She is pretty though.

endsongjen
03-06-2008, 01:12 PM
lol. i love how at the end u wrote she was pretty. man i need a laugh and a smoke.

fossa2
11-06-2008, 09:10 PM
New trailer. Looks pretty good.

http://popwatch.ew.com/popwatch/2008/11/new-trailer-for.html

AsOneDead
11-06-2008, 09:29 PM
Doesn't look too interesting.

Black Cat
11-06-2008, 11:56 PM
I cannot wait for this to start. I love Eliza

madjazz
11-07-2008, 12:06 AM
Hopefully they give it a good time slot. Tru Calling didn't find an audience as they put it up against some pretty heavy shows.

I'm looking forward to this show.

fossa2
11-07-2008, 01:20 PM
Hopefully they give it a good time slot. Tru Calling didn't find an audience as they put it up against some pretty heavy shows.

I'm looking forward to this show.

It will be starting Friday February 13th at 9 P.M. after T:TSCC which will air at 8.

http://www.tvguide.com/News/Fox-Schedule-Dollhouse-35422.aspx

Darth Torment
11-07-2008, 08:06 PM
:confused:

yeah... wtf?

Black Cat
11-07-2008, 09:43 PM
It will be starting Friday February 13th at 9 P.M. after T:TSCC which will air at 8.

http://www.tvguide.com/News/Fox-Schedule-Dollhouse-35422.aspx

Aren't Fridays bad days?

madjazz
11-07-2008, 11:33 PM
Aren't Fridays bad days?
Not anymore I guess. Starting at 8 pm, Terminator, Dollhouse, Num3ers

fossa2
11-10-2008, 05:58 PM
Aren't Fridays bad days?

Usually...but I guess that's the best FOX can do right now.