PDA

View Full Version : ok so watched SM3....

gman
11-04-2007, 01:20 PM
and imo it is the worst of the trilogy...they jammed way too much stuff into this flick...everyone cryin and *****in.
few things that i thought were bad: peter is on top of the church tower and of all the churches in NY, eddie brock goes to that one...and how did peter know that the bells would hurt the symbiote?
also when MJ is attacked by harry, she is not shocked that he is in a get up and on a glider? And of course the meteor falling right next to peter/mj.
and gwen looked good from the waist up but she is a chunky muffin with some fat ol legs.
FX was ok but something happened a little too quick.
rating 2/4 *s

Daredevil
11-04-2007, 01:42 PM
They could have made two movies out of the materials they had for SM3. They could have had Peter lose his alien costume and Eddie Brock happens upon it at the end of the movie (to set up SM4 with a preview of Venom).

I hope Venom comes back for SM4 since there was no corpse.

MONSTER
11-04-2007, 01:43 PM
I agree the movie was way too busy.

Trilogy
11-04-2007, 01:47 PM
It was just a coincidence that the bells rang whilst Pete was at the church. He did not know that they would effect the symbiont.

I thought the worst part of the movie and it lasted way to long was all the street strutting to the music.

snappahead
11-04-2007, 01:47 PM
I agree...except I thought Gwen was hot as all hell.

Trilogy
11-04-2007, 01:49 PM
They could have made two movies out of the materials they had for SM3. They could have had Peter lose his alien costume and Eddie Brock happens upon it at the end of the movie (to set up SM4 with a preview of Venom).

That would have worked well.
As it was, it was far too rushed and a little sloppy.

bat_collector
11-04-2007, 01:52 PM
just too much in this movie

venom should have had his own movie, not 15 dang minutes

stupid

patrickwm68
11-04-2007, 02:16 PM
What's good about the DVD is you can fast forward all the singing and dancing. That's what me and the Mrs. did last night while we watched it.

Sandman was just wasted in this film and there was really no need for him or his monster roar.

patrickwm68
11-04-2007, 02:18 PM

I hope Venom comes back for SM4 since there was no corpse.

You'd think Sam Raimi would have learned from the Batman films. Too many villains equals a not so good movie.

joy_division
11-04-2007, 02:35 PM
as soon as I learned that venom was going to be in this film, I knew that they were going to c0ck it up

the film should have focused on Parker's struggle with the costume, finalising in Brock taking the suit at the end, which would lead him to be the villain for the next film.

Too many cooks spoil the broth as they say. Three villains(four if you count symbiote spidey) were too much. Curse of the trilogy strikes again!

hayden church was good as the sandman though

CessnaDriver
11-04-2007, 02:36 PM
Sadly, it was a quite a forgettable film.
And some of it you want to forget most assuredly.

Maybe Raimi had Lucas syndrome, surrounded by butt kissers and nobody there to say, WTF are you doing?????

It didn't seem to hurt the franchise though.

I think it can be recovered easily.

Time for The Lizard!

Endless Wake
11-04-2007, 02:49 PM
I have zero interest in seeing this film for a second time. At the end I wanted to never have to see Dunst's Mary Jane again.

I say recast everyone, with Transformer's Shia LeBeouf as Peter Parker.

wktf
11-04-2007, 03:08 PM
I disliked this movie. Spider-Man went from good cinema to popcorn fare with this film. Story and character development was sacrificed for cgi special effects.

A major disappointment. The best part was the Sandman, frankly.

MrYac
11-04-2007, 03:08 PM
I have zero interest in seeing this film for a second time. At the end I wanted to never have to see Dunst's Mary Jane again.

I say recast everyone, with Transformer's Shia LeBeouf as Peter Parker.

i agree with everything except for that damn even stevenes kid...i hate that friggin kid, sure he's got the nerd part down, but come on you really think he could be spidey:thumbsdow

Primal
11-04-2007, 04:38 PM
As great as Avi Arad has been in bringing these characters to the big screen, he totally F'ed up this movie.

Sam Raimi's original treatment was to just have the Sandman and close out the saga with Harry. But friggin Arad pressured Raimi into including Venom cuz that's what the fans were demanding. Yeah we were demanging Venom in a 3rd movie...but ONLY HIM! Not 3 villains! Sheesh, havent we learned from the mistakes of Joel Schumacher?!?! :banghead:

rilynil
11-04-2007, 04:41 PM
Spidey 3 certainly had flaws, but I still enjoyed the movie. Although it didn't rank equal with the first two Spidey movies, it was a good bit better than most superhero movies.

Red X
11-04-2007, 04:49 PM
I liked it...better than 2.

protector2814
11-04-2007, 05:04 PM
Yeah, I agree with what the majority are saying here. What happened? Did Sam Raimi just feel compelled to get the product out, no matter what, that he just threw every idea onto film? How could a director, who knocked 'em out of the park w 1 & 2, so drop the ball on 3.

Primal
11-04-2007, 05:13 PM
Yeah, I agree with what the majority are saying here. What happened? Did Sam Raimi just feel compelled to get the product out, no matter what, that he just threw every idea onto film? How could a director, who knocked 'em out of the park w 1 & 2, so drop the ball on 3.

See my previous post.

superdoug
11-04-2007, 05:20 PM
I liked it...better than 2.

I agree. I quite enjoyed it. The only slow part for me was the jazz club scene, which long, awkward, and unnecessary. Other than that, I found it to be a very fun movie to watch. I had a much better time watching this one than I did SM2.

I may just be more forgiving about comic movies, though. (Although, before anyone gets on me, I did not like Elektra, Batman and Robin, Catwoman, Ghost Rider, or Daredevil. So I do have some standards.) :D

nemesisenforcer
11-04-2007, 05:28 PM
did not like this movie too. there were too many emo scenes for me.

Endless Wake
11-04-2007, 08:11 PM
i agree with everything except for that damn even stevenes kid...i hate that friggin kid, sure he's got the nerd part down, but come on you really think he could be spidey:thumbsdowDid you see him in Disturbia? He's got great line delivery, something Spidey needs for all the wise cracks as he fights. Maguire never pulled that off.

joy_division
11-05-2007, 02:21 PM
In the current wizard(I only got it for the Invaders/Avengers sketches), they suggest Joseph Gordon Levitt, and that's not a bad pick

glassdancer
11-05-2007, 02:29 PM
I agree...except I thought Gwen was hot as all hell.

I agree.

Gwen was hot!!!

Hotter than Mary Jane,..easy!!!!

why can't they just get rid of Kirsten Dunst for MJ..???

For me, that has been the biggest dissappointment to the franchise.

period.:thumbsdow

gman
11-05-2007, 02:32 PM
there is a scene where she is walking with peter and the camera is looking at them from behind...big caboose and big ol calves...hillary-like! :thumbsdow

nice looking girl but a bit chunky.
dunst is ok but how many times must she be seen danglin from a crane, building, etc?

Lizard King
11-05-2007, 03:28 PM
Good movie, not great. The story did suffer from way to many plots, but the action scenes were top notch. I'm not a big Venom fan though so I could really have done without him. Decent popcorn flick but a little diappointing compared to the first two.

snappahead
11-05-2007, 04:18 PM
there is a scene where she is walking with peter and the camera is looking at them from behind...big caboose and big ol calves...hillary-like! :thumbsdow

nice looking girl but a bit chunky.
dunst is ok but how many times must she be seen danglin from a crane, building, etc?

I guess we differ than, cause I like a bit of junk in the trunk. A little jiggle in her wiggle. A little....you get the idea. I thought she was gorgeous and easily upstaged MJ.

riderV3
11-05-2007, 05:07 PM
Watched it in the theater and don't bother to rent it again to hurt my brain.

Red X
11-05-2007, 08:29 PM
I agree.

Gwen was hot!!!

Hotter than Mary Jane,..easy!!!!

why can't they just get rid of Kirsten Dunst for MJ..???

For me, that has been the biggest dissappointment to the franchise.

period.:thumbsdow

I don't think Gwen is very good looking...

Aunt May owns both!

armitage
11-05-2007, 10:09 PM
It was boring.
Sappy and boring.

protector2814
11-06-2007, 11:55 AM
With Doctor Conners being in both the 1st 2 films, I was really kinda hoping for just a Spidey and Lizard epic. Like in the old comics when Spidey would web himself under the wing of a DC-10 to jet down to the Everglades in search of Doc. Conner's Lab under the guise of Bugle Reporter. Then, we'd have Spidey and the Lizard squaring off in the swamps... But nooooooo. We got Pete doing the Charleston in a Soap Opera style Jazz Bar.

CessnaDriver
11-06-2007, 12:03 PM
With Doctor Conners being in both the 1st 2 films, I was really kinda hoping for just a Spidey and Lizard epic. Like in the old comics when Spidey would web himself under the wing of a DC-10 to jet down to the Everglades in search of Doc. Conner's Lab under the guise of Bugle Reporter. Then, we'd have Spidey and the Lizard squaring off in the swamps... But nooooooo. We got Pete doing the Charleston in a Soap Opera style Jazz Bar.

I think we will still get that. Raimi stumbled badly yes, but at least he did not stumble with The Lizard!
Either he or the next guy can recover this easily.

Just hope they dont try more then one villian again. Prefer they not do that.

Silver Surfer
11-06-2007, 02:07 PM
I like the variety of villans which is why X-Men 3 is my favourate because of all the different heroes and villans displaying different powers.

What I don't like about SM movies is Toby Maguire as Peter Parker as he just doesn't seem right.

Also Black Cat should have been in this SM3 instead of Gwen. I beleive there was a rumor once that the landlords daughter would become Black Cat. Well she is very slender and accident prone which must be where the bad luck power comes in.

protector2814
11-06-2007, 06:14 PM
I

Also Black Cat should have been in this SM3 instead of Gwen. I beleive there was a rumor once that the landlords daughter would become Black Cat. Well she is very slender and accident prone which must be where the bad luck power comes in.

I remember reading the Black Cat rumor. In fact, I recall on aintitcool.com that the Black Cat was one of the 1st rumors for SM3. The Landlord's daughter did show some promise. I remember back in Spiderman Bronze books, when he had an apartment in the city he had some sexy neighbors who used to sunbathe on the roof, hampering Peter's ability to sneek back and forth from his bldg. I thought Mr. Raimi might be taking this direction w/ the intro. of LL's Daughter. Not quite sure what she was doing there ultimately. I guess to bring him cake.