PDA

View Full Version : Let's Save Journeyman!!!!!!

Zurbaran1
11-06-2007, 09:55 PM
I have been watching this show from the beginning and I have to say that it is one of the better new shows. I am really enjoying this one and it just gets better with each episode. A really well written show. Last night's was terrific. Anyone else watching this?

Andy Bergholtz
11-06-2007, 09:58 PM
I really wanted to catch this ever since it was first advertised but I missed out on the first couple episodes and have been afraid to jump in the middle of the story. I'm thinking I'll check it out when it hits DVD for sure, I'm curious to see 'post-Rome' McKidd. Glad to hear it's worth watchin!

patrickwm68
11-06-2007, 10:01 PM
True, it's an awesome show but from what I've read we're the only ones watching it. Let's enjoy it while we can.

CocoPUFF
11-06-2007, 10:01 PM
The wife and I are both watching and enjoying every minute of it! We find ouselves saying "Only 20 minutes till journeyman" While watching Heroes. LOL This last episode had an awesome twist with Dan's brother turning him into the feds! Can't wait till next week! Unfortunately I hear its close to getting canned.:(

Zurbaran1
11-06-2007, 10:03 PM
I really wanted to catch this ever since it was first advertised but I missed out on the first couple episodes and have been afraid to jump in the middle of the story. I'm thinking I'll check it out when it hits DVD for sure, I'm curious to see 'post-Rome' McKidd. Glad to hear it's worth watchin!

Andy, I'm glad I stuck with it. I really love this show. If the SF channel or somebody does a marathon set your DVR.

CocoPUFF
11-06-2007, 10:04 PM
Andy, I'm glad I stuck with it. I really love this show. If the SF channel or somebody does a marathon set your DVR.

ditto. You should definately check it out! Every episode has been great!

Zurbaran1
11-06-2007, 10:05 PM
Unfortunately I hear its close to getting canned.:(

God I hope not but I did hear something along those lines too. :thumbsdow If that happens maybe we should start sending 20 pund bags of nuts to the network ala Jericho. :)

patrickwm68
11-06-2007, 10:06 PM
This is what TV Guide would call "The Best Show You're Not Watching".

CocoPUFF
11-06-2007, 10:07 PM
God I hope not but I did hear something along those lines too. :thumbsdow If that happens maybe we should start sending 20 pund bags of nuts to the network ala Jericho. :)

I know. I hope it makes it. Its really the only new show I watch. Just my luck...:thumbsdow

Zurbaran1
11-06-2007, 10:08 PM
This is what TV Guide would call "The Best Show You're Not Watching".

Well we need to change this. Ok, everyone on SF is required to watch this show from now on. If you don't I will personally ban you for life. I mean it. :stick:

CocoPUFF
11-06-2007, 10:09 PM
It will really piss me off if they can the show before they reveal 'why' hes traveling, and why his ex,....damn, dont wanna give too much away..DONT CANCEL THIS, STUPID NBC! CANCEL 30 ROCK INSTEAD!

AsOneDead
11-06-2007, 10:18 PM
What's it about?

patrickwm68
11-06-2007, 10:22 PM
What's it about?

A guy time travels to the past, while there he has to make things right but he has no control over when he jumps back and fourth. He could be driving in a car and all of a sudden find himself laying on the ground in the past. In the past he keeps meeting up with his exfiance who he thought died in a plane crash years earlier. The mystery of the show is why is this happening and why does he keep meeting up with his dead fiance?

AsOneDead
11-06-2007, 10:52 PM
A guy time travels to the past, while there he has to make things right but he has no control over when he jumps back and fourth. He could be driving in a car and all of a sudden find himself laying on the ground in the past. In the past he keeps meeting up with his exfiance who he thought died in a plane crash years earlier. The mystery of the show is why is this happening and why does he keep meeting up with his dead fiance?

Very interesting, definately will check this out.

heykool69
11-06-2007, 11:54 PM

So his ex-wife is dead? I couldn't figure out why she also was able to travel thru time also.
Watched the first episode. But have been jumping in & out of the show. It's very interesting. Probably have to buy Chuck & Journeyman when it comes out on DVD. Too many good shows on Monday nite.

MONSTER
11-06-2007, 11:58 PM
Well we need to change this. Ok, everyone on SF is required to watch this show from now on. If you don't I will personally ban you for life. I mean it. :stick:

You still work here?:tounge:

The wife and I love Journeyman. You got good taste Zurb.

cma3
11-07-2007, 12:36 AM

Torrent it. The entire season is available now. (Episodes 1-7)...and in Hi-Def.

This applies to just about every show on tv and cable.

Point being, that you dont have to wait for the DVD.

JadeGiant
11-07-2007, 12:43 AM
we DVR it and have watched every episode (except this week's). I think it has actually gotten better as the season has progressed. Good series.

patrickwm68
11-07-2007, 12:49 AM
So his ex-wife is dead? I couldn't figure out why she also was able to travel thru time also.
Watched the first episode. But have been jumping in & out of the show. It's very interesting. Probably have to buy Chuck & Journeyman when it comes out on DVD. Too many good shows on Monday nite.

No his fiance' didn't die, her body was never found. She just time traveled out of the plane before it crashed. You find out she's been time traveling long before she met Dan. I think he keeps running into her because she's guiding him the same way he guides others.

The one part of the show I don't like is how he's being investigated in present day for a store robbery because he was seen in a tux holding a gun he got from the past.

Weapon X
11-07-2007, 01:24 AM
My whole family watches this show. Loved the part where his son watched as he vanished. :thumbs2:

DFury
11-07-2007, 01:56 AM
I am recording this and watching it every week myself. Best New show this year, I am really surprized to hear its not doing that well in the ratings.

df

Brru
11-07-2007, 03:21 AM
Ive been watching this show since the beginning. I usually get home just as its coming on, so Ive seen every episode. It really doesnt suprise me that people dont watch it. The show has science in it, dear god we actually have to think?! Usually shows that do that are over before they began. Look at Firefly, Jericho, uh...you get the picture.

LAST EPISODE (11/5/07) SPOILER ALERT!!!!! READ AT OWN STUPIDITY!!!!.....Or IF YOU HAVE SEEN IT

Do you think his ex is gone from the show? The way she said "Good Bye" and then time warped out of there was very elaborate for her just saying bye for a time. It seems they wrapped up her character pretty good with her seeing his wife and kid and all that. I really hope thats not the case, but its definitely the feel I got. I still have questions about her character though....

protector2814
11-07-2007, 02:14 PM
Huge fan of Journeyman. Haven't missed an ep. I started watching 'cause I loved McKidd so much in HBO's Rome.
There's an earlier Journeyman thread.

Bullseye
11-07-2007, 02:23 PM
Is this the guy up for the role of Thor?

heykool69
11-07-2007, 02:27 PM
Ive been watching this show since the beginning. I usually get home just as its coming on, so Ive seen every episode. It really doesnt suprise me that people dont watch it. The show has science in it, dear god we actually have to think?! Usually shows that do that are over before they began. Look at Firefly, Jericho, uh...you get the picture.

hahaha:laugh: Your quote reminds me of the time when i watched "Back to The Future" at the theater in the 80's. Someone in the audience spoken out loud "why is there two Michael J Fox in the scene?":laugh: (the part where he travel back to the mall parking lot scene & being chase by the bazooka terrorists van)

protector2814
11-07-2007, 02:52 PM
Is this the guy up for the role of Thor?

Same guy.

Teague
11-07-2007, 04:14 PM
I tried to watch this show, and usually I like shows that make you think. Ultimately what did this show in for me was that I didn't care for the main character at all. And the mystery didn't grab me either.

In another year, with fewer other shows that I really like, I'd probably still be watching this. Same goes for Bionic Woman. But I've dropped both from my DVR recording list, and I doubt I'll go back to either one.

CocoPUFF
11-07-2007, 04:35 PM
I dropped bionic woman from my list as well..

JDH
11-07-2007, 04:48 PM
This starts tomorrow on Sky here in the UK. I'm going to check it out on Zurb's recommendation/threat.

Zurbaran1
11-10-2007, 10:31 AM
This starts tomorrow on Sky here in the UK. I'm going to check it out on Zurb's recommendation/threat.

Good man! You'll thank me.

mwf6171
11-10-2007, 11:02 AM
I watch this show on nbc.com. For some reason I never remember to dvr it or am home on Monday nights to watch it. I have seen the first 3 episodes and have to say it is pretty kick ass. I hope it does not get canned.

CocoPUFF
11-20-2007, 12:35 AM
Oh, man! Anyone see this tonight!? Big surprise! Don't want to post spoilers..

Davidian
11-20-2007, 04:31 AM
I just started watching it. I really dig it too. I'm going to try and catch up on the episodes that I missed. Plus I liked Kevin McKidd from Rome, he was cool as Lucius Vorenus and was also cool in Kingdom of Heaven.

Davidian
11-20-2007, 04:32 AM
Oh, man! Anyone see this tonight!? Big surprise! Don't want to post spoilers..

Yeah I watched it, great episode!

Brru
11-20-2007, 04:37 AM
Ya I only saw the last half, but I liked the hanger. Im also glad I wasnt right in the earlier post.

Davidian
11-20-2007, 12:57 PM
Man, I just got done watching from episode 3 all the up to last nights episode on NBC's site. God this show is great. I wish I could watch the first 2, but I can't seem to find them online.

Zurbaran1
11-20-2007, 02:29 PM
Great episode last night. The show just keeps getting better and better. Right now, for me, it's the best show on TV. :thumbs2: It would be a real shame if it got canceled. :thumbsdow

risingstar
11-20-2007, 03:27 PM
The better half and I are enjoying the show. However, they better start answering some questions soon! We're getting antsy!

Davidian
11-21-2007, 02:59 AM
Great episode last night. The show just keeps getting better and better. Right now, for me, it's the best show on TV. :thumbs2: It would be a real shame if it got canceled. :thumbsdow

I would be pissed if they cancelled it, they seem to do that with all the great shows.

mwf6171
11-22-2007, 01:35 AM
I have to agree, this show is knocking it out of the park. I have to say I like it more than Heroes. I will be majorly p!ssed if it gets cancelled. :mad:

Gangleri
11-22-2007, 02:18 AM
Man, I just got done watching from episode 3 all the up to last nights episode on NBC's site. God this show is great. I wish I could watch the first 2, but I can't seem to find them online.

If you don't mind paying $1.99 per episode and only being able to view it on the Amazon player via computer...Unibox has the first 9 episodes.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000VVEDWO/ref=atv_dp_se_1_1

Sniper
11-22-2007, 02:26 AM
IT reminds me alot of quantum leap, saw one episode but never had the chance watching the other ones.

Brru
11-22-2007, 05:43 AM
Ya I used to watch Quantum leap a lot, so that probably has a lot to do with why I like this. Plus they got a hot asian chick to play Al....a lot better to look at :-)

JDH
11-22-2007, 08:48 AM
It's a bit lacking in the fun that made Quantum Leap work, the vague love triangle (quadrangle even) is a bit annoying too. Does it get any more humour injected after the first two episodes?

Gangleri
11-22-2007, 11:10 AM
It's a bit lacking in the fun that made Quantum Leap work, the vague love triangle (quadrangle even) is a bit annoying too. Does it get any more humour injected after the first two episodes?

IMO Leap showed how Sam could make a difference in peoples lives...Journeyman shows the price the traveler and his family pay a price for his time crossed good deeds.

Sam didn't have to make a sacrifice til the end of the series...JM's family sacifices something every week.

Journeyman is closer to Tru Calling in tone. JMHO.

mwf6171
11-22-2007, 11:21 AM
Hmmmmmm, how did Quantam Leap end??

Gangleri
11-22-2007, 11:32 AM
Hmmmmmm, how did Quantam Leap end??

Sam had to decide to come home (all the variables were right) or save/fix his Al's life (timeline) and surf the timestream...It was hinted @ that he was talking to THE higher power @ the end. http://www.tv.com/quantum-leap/mirror-image/episode/45073/summary.html?om_act=convert&om_clk=episodessh&tag=episodes;title;0

Sam decided to continue to help more people....

Gangleri
11-22-2007, 11:51 AM
Also like to add that with Quantum Sam's jumps were calculated by the Supercomputer and Al to bring him home. Journeyman amd Tru's "trips" seem to have a outside force choosing when they jump....although in QL last episode I got the feeling that Sam was meant to help change/fix peoples lives...it wasn't a accident he was lost in time.

risingstar
11-27-2007, 12:11 AM
Journeyman just keeps getting better and better.
Tonight's episode was amazing.

risingstar
11-27-2007, 09:49 AM
Rumors of mid-season cancellation abound. Word is NBC may not even air all episodes already in the can. Fans might have to wait until the series dvd is released.

NBC brass is disappointed with continued slip in ratings, despite being led in by top rated show "Heroes".

It's too bad as the show keeps getting better.

Krypton Knight
11-27-2007, 07:49 PM
Rumors of mid-season cancellation abound. Word is NBC may not even air all episodes already in the can. Fans might have to wait until the series dvd is released.

NBC brass is disappointed with continued slip in ratings, despite being led in by top rated show "Heroes".

Time to send the brass at NBC some ketchup sandwiches (ala the "Save Jericho" peanut campain).

I'm loving the show as well. Over at AICN they've posted some tidbits from the creator of the show-

Some interesting nuggets from a new If Magazine interview with “Journeyman” mastermind Kevin Falls:

* Since Livia was able to travel to 2007, it looks like she might be alive as an old woman somewhere.

* Young Livia will find herself jumping in lingerie in episode 11.

* A number of people Dan has saved will play into the season finale (if there is a season finale).

* Falls originally intended to explain what’s causing Dan and Livia to time-travel in the SERIES finale, but is rethinking that plan. Now it looks like we’ll find out in the first or second season finale, if the show gets that far.

* “Journeyman” has one of the biggest music budgets on TV, and all music is cleared for broadcast as well as DVD. (As closed-captioning belies, two weeks ago a Jefferson Starship tune was subbed for a Stevie Winwood song at the last minute due to an inability to clear the Winwood number for DVD.)

* Falls confirms that episodes 10 and 11 will air regardless of ratings. Unlike “Chuck” and “Life,” “Journeyman” has not yet received a full-season order.

Livia in lingerie..I'm there!:thumbs2:

Davidian
12-06-2007, 03:18 AM
So why the hell was Journeyman not on, but instead Life, on Monday!? I was pissed!

Krypton Knight
12-06-2007, 11:50 AM
I got this from AICN-

Remember that the last three completed episodes of “Journeyman” will be aired over a 10-day period starting next Monday:

1.11 Monday, Dec. 10
1.12 Monday, Dec. 17
1.13 Wednesday, Dec. 19

That final episode brings back tachyon expert Elliot Langley and possibly introduces a third time-hopper.

MiamiLoco
12-06-2007, 11:54 AM
Finally caught up with this show and man does it rock. This show is deeper than Quantum Leap in a sense that whatever he does in the past can still affect him and his family in the present. In Quantum Leap, things didn't affect Sam because he was way into the future. Quantum Leap had the same formula over and over again, he goes into a body and helps that person. Later seasons they finally introduced "The Evil Leaper" which is kind of like introducing VENOM in a Spidey comic, LOL!!

AsOneDead
12-06-2007, 12:13 PM
I like this show but it's totally bullsh*t, he screws with the past and the space time continuum stays the same in the future except for that particular person.

MiamiLoco
12-06-2007, 01:49 PM
I like this show but it's totally bullsh*t, he screws with the past and the space time continuum stays the same in the future except for that particular person.
Not everyone affects your life and the people around you. It's not like he stopped major events, LOL!!

HelloKinky
12-06-2007, 02:33 PM
Yeah it's not like he saved MLK jr. or something. Is this show still on? How come it wasn't on after Heroes this Monday?

AsOneDead
12-06-2007, 10:17 PM
Not everyone affects your life and the people around you. It's not like he stopped major events, LOL!!

I'm pretty sure one small thing would affect everyone, it's a chain reaction.

MiamiLoco
12-07-2007, 12:28 AM
I'm pretty sure one small thing would affect everyone, it's a chain reaction.
really?? then you must REALLY hate Quantum Leap, since he is all the way into the future, I guess his whole life would have changed huh?

AsOneDead
12-07-2007, 12:36 AM
really?? then you must REALLY hate Quantum Leap, since he is all the way into the future, I guess his whole life would have changed huh?

Never seen the show, I don't hate Journeyman but I just think that that's a big flaw in the show, maybe I've just been watching too much Back to the Future?

mwf6171
12-07-2007, 11:34 AM
I got this from AICN-

Remember that the last three completed episodes of “Journeyman” will be aired over a 10-day period starting next Monday:

1.11 Monday, Dec. 10
1.12 Monday, Dec. 17
1.13 Wednesday, Dec. 19

That final episode brings back tachyon expert Elliot Langley and possibly introduces a third time-hopper.
Sweet!!!! :thumbs2: I can't wait!!!! :buttrock:

Weapon X
12-12-2007, 12:07 PM
Looks like their giving Journeyman the boot.
http://tv.yahoo.com/show/39435/news/urn:newsml:tv.reuters.com:20071212:journeyman_dc__ER:13611;_ylt=Aj5t4ypJZO0.Z75LCyKfyw36o9EF
:thumbsdow

Sniper
12-12-2007, 12:10 PM
hard for a show to survive being aired monday @ 10pm

CocoPUFF
12-12-2007, 12:23 PM
terrible news! This is the only thing my wife and I watch on mondays with heroes being over!:mad: :banghead:

Zurbaran1
12-12-2007, 01:00 PM
Noooooooooooooooooooo!!!! :thumbsdow :thumbsdow

Ink
12-12-2007, 01:02 PM
hard for a show to survive being aired monday @ 10pm

ya that is a rough timeslot

Zurbaran1
12-12-2007, 10:52 PM
This show is too damn good to be cancelled by a bunch of momo-network-pinheads. There are apparently some efforts under way (ala Jericho) to save this show. Looks like rice-a-roni is going to be sent to the network instead of nuts. I don't normally get involved with stuff like this but dammit, this show is too good to suffer an early cancellation. Here a link to the Save Journeyman blog (http://save-journeyman.blogspot.com/2007/11/save-journeyman.html). Let's save this show.

Weapon X
12-12-2007, 11:35 PM
I'm with ya Zurb. My whole family watchs this show.:buttrock:

Davidian
12-13-2007, 03:11 AM
Looks like their giving Journeyman the boot.
http://tv.yahoo.com/show/39435/news/urn:newsml:tv.reuters.com:20071212:journeyman_dc__ER:13611;_ylt=Aj5t4ypJZO0.Z75LCyKfyw36o9EF
:thumbsdow

That's flippin' lame! So much for TRYING to watch TV. I rarely watch TV and this is what I get for trying.

Gangleri
12-13-2007, 03:31 AM
Even if the show is not brought back...if the "Rice" effort shows viewer interest...2 hour TV movies could be done to wrap up the shows storylines.

With 13 episodes done there may be a DVD set released....

Zurbaran1
12-18-2007, 10:37 AM
Once again this show just bowled me over. Yesterday's episode was another fantastic one and even gave me chills at one or two points. Fantastic premise and super writing, a highly intelligent show. What a damn freaking shame that it could be cancelled. With all the crap that is out there you would think that a show of this character would be safe. Get your Rice-a-roni ready folks.

Oh yeah, there is another episode airing this Wednesday. Hopefully it won't be the last.

CocoPUFF
12-18-2007, 01:11 PM
Once again this show just bowled me over. Yesterday's episode was another fantastic one and even gave me chills at one or two points. Fantastic premise and super writing, a highly intelligent show. What a damn freaking shame that it could be cancelled. With all the crap that is out there you would think that a show of this character would be safe. Get your Rice-a-roni ready folks.

Oh yeah, there is another episode airing this Wednesday. Hopefully it won't be the last.

Damn straight, Zurb! Right when we are about to get some answers on why HE'S the one traveling, I don't think we'll find out before the season's over:mad: I don't know exactly how many episodes there are left, but they did say they would air the remaining episodes of the season and not axe it before everything was aired.

badlieut
12-18-2007, 01:45 PM
Damn straight, Zurb! Right when we are about to get some answers on why HE'S the one traveling, I don't think we'll find out before the season's over:mad: I don't know exactly how many episodes there are left, but they did say they would air the remaining episodes of the season and not axe it before everything was aired.

One episode left Weds night and the show is over. Such a great show...

patrickwm68
12-19-2007, 02:30 PM
I always try too look at the positive and say "At least it's one less show I have to watch" but I really like this show and look forward to it every week. The cast is great and the stories just keep getting better.

Zurbaran1
12-19-2007, 02:59 PM
I always try too look at the positive and say "At least it's one less show I have to watch" but I really like this show and look forward to it every week. The cast is great and the stories just keep getting better.

Well I'm going to be optimistic about it. I don't know that it has been officially cancelled yet. Maybe the Momos over at NBC will come to their senses and bring it back. If not I hope they get buried in Rice-a-roni

Gangleri
12-19-2007, 04:30 PM
I wish there was some way to send the Rice to local charities/organizations and still support the show...

I hope the network matches ($) what Rice is sent and donates it to a organization that will put it to good use.

Looking forward to tonites show...I hope we get a few answers...and a lead in to possible future episodes.

Zurbaran1
12-19-2007, 05:51 PM
I would think they take any rice-a-roni they get and donate it to the needy. I can't see them just throwing it away.

JadeGiant
12-19-2007, 08:52 PM
this show is going to be canceled?? sheesh - it just keeps getting better

spenca7
12-20-2007, 12:00 AM
Liked that they answered a lot of questions due to this may being the final episode but I am still not satisfied, I loved this episode and want more!

Daredevil
12-20-2007, 01:07 AM
maybe the Scifi channel will sign the show and keep it going on Cable.

Someone needs to start a petition to save the show (ala Arrest Development)

Closetnerd
12-20-2007, 03:13 AM
Good "final"(?) episode.:thumbs2:
Glad they tied up SOME of the loose ends, just in case......

LoD
12-20-2007, 03:51 AM
Good "final"(?) episode.:thumbs2:
Glad they tied up SOME of the loose ends, just in case......

i agree, i think it was well done. :thumbs2:

Zurbaran1
12-20-2007, 11:50 AM
Great episode. Bittersweet as you can see how they left it so that it could serve as the last episode. While there were some answers there is still so much more that we need to learn. I really hope this isn't the end. I absolutely loved the way the episode ended.

Makes no sense. This is the best show on TV and we have to worry about it being cancelled. Dumb-ass Momo Suits at NBC, nice going. :thumbsdow

patrickwm68
12-20-2007, 05:49 PM
maybe the Scifi channel will sign the show and keep it going on Cable.

We always say that but it never happens.

Zurbaran1
12-21-2007, 10:43 AM

If you look further up in this thread I posted a link to a Save Journeyman Blog. There is a campaign under way to save this show ala what was done to save Jericho only this time the network is being sent boxes of Rice-a-roni. We can only hope it works and the network suits come to their senses about this fantastic show. I still get chills thinking about the closing scene of what may have been the last show.

MONSTER
12-22-2007, 01:19 AM
I just got done watching the last 2 episodes. This is such a great series. I look forward to watching it more than anything else I watch during the week.

I hope its not the end.

CocoPUFF
12-22-2007, 05:38 PM
Well the wife and I just finished watching the final episode, and right after that, my wife says, "Lets buy some rice a roni!" So there you have it.....even my WIFE who NEVER partakes in stuff like this has decided to dig in her pockets, look in her heart and donate money to save the last bit of good monday night TV. (Besides heroes of course) The last Journeyman episode was a great complete episode, as well as a cliffhanger that goes much deeper. It will be a waste if this show is done for.

Zurbaran1
12-22-2007, 07:05 PM
Here's the link I posted earlier in this thread:

Save Journeyman blog (http://save-journeyman.blogspot.com/2007/11/save-journeyman.html).

Let's see if this show can't be saved!!!

Zurbaran1
12-22-2007, 07:12 PM
Here's the link for an online petition. Everyone needs to sign this!!!!!!!!

Save Journeyman Petition (http://www.petitiononline.com/sjmnbc/petition.html)

Zurbaran1
12-22-2007, 07:15 PM
OK, here's the link for the Rice-a-roni donation program:

Save Journeyman Rice-a-roni fund (http://savejourneyman.funurl.com/)

I just Paypaled my $10.

mwf6171
12-26-2007, 11:11 PM
When will we hear anything about Journeyman getting picked up for next season!?!?!

risingstar
12-26-2007, 11:37 PM
We love this show... It bugs us to no end that shows like this (and Firefly, for example) get cancelled before the writers get their chance to tell their story... Burns me up!

And, it's always for the same reason... The short sighted and attention deficit mentality of the average television viewer who needs to know everything within a 5 minute time frame otherwise they flip the channel to the O.C.. ...Unfortuantely, it was probably a mistake to have Journeyman follow Heroes as they don't necessarily share the same audience. While I enjoy Heroes, it is a far simpler show and geared more for teens whereas Journeyman uses far more adult oriented themes.

Heck, the Love Boat lasted ten years... 'Nuff said.

P.S. Sign the petition. Sadly, it's still under 7000. I wonder how many it would take to make a difference.

mwf6171
12-26-2007, 11:49 PM
If Journyman gets cancelled, I don't know if I will have anything to watch on TV. Heroes was pretty disappointing to me. JMO.

Zurbaran1
12-26-2007, 11:57 PM
There are some Save Journeyman (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m1SSr-mWiUY) videos on You Tube

risingstar
12-27-2007, 01:00 AM
If Journyman gets cancelled, I don't know if I will have anything to watch on TV. Heroes was pretty disappointing to me. JMO.

Heroes season 2 took forever to get anywhere. If it wasn't for Kristen Bell, I might have dropped the show off my "to watch" list. I wonder if the lackluster season played a role in people turning off the tube once the credits rolled. Hence, the smaller audience for Journeyman.

Zurbaran1
12-27-2007, 11:26 AM
You make a really good point RS. I bet that did have something to do with Journeyman's poor numbers. NBC should at least put it in a stronger time slot, see what happens and then make their cancellation decision. Sadly, it's all about money in the end and the fact that this is a great show doesn't matter much, to the corporate suits at least.

Sniper
12-27-2007, 12:02 PM
I said the show wouldnt survive with that weak time slot, way too late on a monday....

patrickwm68
12-27-2007, 12:28 PM
I watched the last 2 episodes over the weekend and they were excellent. That last shot where Dan is sitting in the chair and he says "Kate" and she rolls over and finally sees him disappear, damn I'm gonna miss this show.

Zurbaran1
12-27-2007, 12:43 PM
...damn I'm gonna miss this show.

Well then do something and see if you can't help save it. Look up a number of posts. I have linked some Save Journeyman websites. You can get e-mail addresses of people to write to, a petition to sign, and make a contribution to the Rice-a-roni campaign if you are so inclined. Don't know if it will help but it can't hurt.

patrickwm68
12-27-2007, 12:49 PM
Well then do something and see if you can't help save it. Look up a number of posts. I have linked some Save Journeyman websites. You can get e-mail addresses of people to write to, a petition to sign, and make a contribution to the Rice-a-roni campaign if you are so inclined. Don't know if it will help but it can't hurt.

I signed the petition the other day. I may send a box of Rice A Roni too. If it worked for Jericho it may work for Journeyman.

Zurbaran1
12-27-2007, 01:16 PM
I signed the petition the other day. I may send a box of Rice A Roni too. If it worked for Jericho it may work for Journeyman.

We can only hope. :thumbs2:

mwf6171
01-02-2008, 12:30 PM
We can only hope. :thumbs2:

Keeping my fingers crossed. When do you think we will hear a definate yes or no on this??:confused:

Sniper
01-02-2008, 12:47 PM
this reminds me of the situation with Arrested development on fox,
a great show no one was watching, critics loved it but the public never took to it the way they should have

patrickwm68
01-15-2008, 11:48 PM
I think the writer's strike which I hear is not even close to ending, and low ratings have killed this show for good.

A lot of shows like Heroes aren't coming back until the Fall and only if the strike is over.

mwf6171
02-12-2008, 12:01 AM
Any news?????

mwf6171
02-14-2008, 01:23 AM
:bawling: :bawling:

Just saw in TV Guide Journey Man is no more.....

MiamiLoco
02-14-2008, 01:33 AM

Just saw in TV Guide Journey Man is no more.....

http://www.nintendowiifanboy.com/media/2007/05/darth_vader_nooo.jpg

Sledge Hammer!
02-14-2008, 08:32 PM
There's a rumour going around that Journeyman might get a Jericho like late save and get to shoot a small number of new episodes, but only as a way to properly finish the show off, there's no chance at a proper renewal or full second season. So says SpoilerTV.com anyway.

It's probably just an empty rumour, but who knows...

Tattoo-X
02-14-2008, 10:45 PM
I have been watching this show from the beginning and I have to say that it is one of the better new shows. I am really enjoying this one and it just gets better with each episode. A really well written show. Last night's was terrific. Anyone else watching this?

Yes, and yes let's save the show.

I haven't read this thread. Is the show cancelled for sure? What shows have been axed from the writer's strike? I'm glad it hasn't affected convention appearances.

patrickwm68
02-14-2008, 10:47 PM
Bionic Woman and Journeyman are definitely gone.

Tattoo-X
02-14-2008, 11:13 PM
Bionic Woman and Journeyman are definitely gone.

That really sucks!

Gangleri
04-08-2008, 10:06 PM
Gretchen Egolf (Katie of Journeyman) appeared in the April 8th episode of NCIS (CBS). She played Det. Andrea Sparr..with a similar backround to series regular Michael Weatherly ... Anthony DiNozzo.

With news that a series regular was leaving NCIS...could she be replacing them?? http://community.tvguide.com/blog-entry/TVGuide-Editors-Blog/Ausiello-Report/Ausiello-Scoop-Whos/800037033

It was good to see Ms. Egolf on the 2 part Medium (NBC)...maybe we'll see more of her on NCIS??

Krypton Knight
08-09-2008, 09:57 AM
Interesting interview with Journeyman creator at AICN on where the show would have gone and the secret of Dan's time travelling.

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/37863

patrickwm68
08-09-2008, 11:19 AM
Thanks for posting that KK.

After reading it I'm depressed again, what an even greater show this would have been.

I found it interesting that Kevin Falls is the brother of Sideshow's Matt Falls, did not know that.