PDA

View Full Version : Chuck?

Teague
11-07-2007, 11:38 AM
Anyone watching this series? It just gets better and better with each week. I wasn't sure about how I'd like it when I saw the first ep, but man, it's just really well made.

My favorite thing about it is its ability to combine a pretty silly premise with real-feeling emotional reactions from the characters.

It's great stuff. Worth watching! :thumbs2:

MONSTER
11-07-2007, 11:41 AM
Chuck, Reaper and Journeyman are the new shows I watch every week.

Vince-Vell
11-07-2007, 11:51 AM
I love chuck and i make sure i get to watch it before Heros. its a fun show so far, and i love the store scenes more then the spy stuff. That crew at the store just cracks me up.

superdoug
11-07-2007, 11:58 AM
Anyone watching this series? It just gets better and better with each week. I wasn't sure about how I'd like it when I saw the first ep, but man, it's just really well made.
My favorite thing about it is its ability to combine a pretty silly premise with real-feeling emotional reactions from the characters.

Oh, my God, Teague! We -are- brain twins! I was just thinking this morning about starting a thread for this show. It's easily my new favorite show. Good sense of humor, good-looking cast, no over-the-top moments. What you said above about the premise versus the real emotion...I couldn't agree more.

Adam Baldwin's part had better get beefed back up. He's woefully underused in some episodes.

All in all, I totally recommend it to everyone! :thumbs2:

Teague
11-07-2007, 12:27 PM
Oh, my God, Teague! We -are- brain twins! I was just thinking this morning about starting a thread for this show. It's easily my new favorite show. Good sense of humor, good-looking cast, no over-the-top moments. What you said above about the premise versus the real emotion...I couldn't agree more.

Adam Baldwin's part had better get beefed back up. He's woefully underused in some episodes.

All in all, I totally recommend it to everyone! :thumbs2:

Well, I'm glad to be in good company, SD! :thumbs2:

I agree about Adam Baldwin--I've liked him since his days from My Bodyguard--but I thought it was actually Sarah who was underutilized this past week. Of course, we'd just come off the FANTASTIC Halloween episode, which was so chock-full of goodness that I watched it a few times, and Sarah was pretty central to that. Loved her in the Slave Leia outfit.

Even the theme song (Cake!) makes me happy on this show. I'm so using that for my ringtone, btw... :thumbs2:

patrickwm68
11-07-2007, 12:45 PM
Gotta Love Chuck!

That girl is too hot for words.

Jack8022
11-07-2007, 12:55 PM
Chuck has been alot of fun so far, silly but fun.
Reaper as well.

Teague
11-07-2007, 01:06 PM
Gotta Love Chuck!

That girl is too hot for words.

Which one? Both Sarah and Ellie are pretty amazingly hot.

But I'm guessing you're talking about Sarah--the thing that makes her so attractive, I think, is that she has this slight buck-teeth thing going on. Somehow (at least for me) that small irregularity makes her a hell of a lot more beautiful (maybe more real) than most airbrushed-perfect model chicks.

DarthBane
11-07-2007, 01:39 PM

Yeah I actually really like this show. A few episodes were really slow but this last episode was really good.

MrYac
11-07-2007, 02:42 PM
really enjoying this show, first time in along time i've actually tried to remember when a network show was on, unfortunatly i missed the last couple weeks, but caught mondays, was pretty good, not sure how i feel about the Brice revalation though, was it cheesey or emotional:p

Teague
11-07-2007, 04:07 PM
really enjoying this show, first time in along time i've actually tried to remember when a network show was on, unfortunatly i missed the last couple weeks, but caught mondays, was pretty good, not sure how i feel about the Brice revalation though, was it cheesey or emotional:p

Eh, the Bryce thing was a little over the top, but it makes the central conceit of the show work better (i.e. why Chuck became the intersect). Besides, it was pretty clear that Bryce wasn't the bad guy that Chuck thought he was, so clearing that up is good in the sense that it furthers the overall mystery about what Bryce's story was as a whole.

MrYac
11-07-2007, 04:35 PM
i just learned you can actually watch episodes on NBC.com so i caught up on the ones i missed now :thumbs2:

patrickwm68
11-08-2007, 11:45 AM
Which one? Both Sarah and Ellie are pretty amazingly hot.

But I'm guessing you're talking about Sarah--the thing that makes her so attractive, I think, is that she has this slight buck-teeth thing going on. Somehow (at least for me) that small irregularity makes her a hell of a lot more beautiful (maybe more real) than most airbrushed-perfect model chicks.

Yep Sarah, especially in pigtails and her hot dog unform. I thought it looked more like she has fangs but who cares, she's still cute as hell. She looks a little bit like the actress from SwimFan, Erika Christensen.

Erika Christensen

http://images.askmen.com/galleries/actress/erika-christensen/pictures/erika-christensen-picture-5.jpg

Yvonne Strahovski (Strzechowski) from Chuck

http://www.buddytv.com/articles/chuck/image/yvonne-Strzechowski.jpg

I can't believe I can't find better pics of her.

Teague
11-26-2007, 04:07 PM
Anyone know how many more new episodes this show has in the can before the Writers' Strike takes hold? I know tonight's ep is new...

glassdancer
11-26-2007, 04:15 PM
All I know is that the girl in the show is unbelievably georgeous!!!

I may just have to Tevo it....

Teague
11-26-2007, 04:19 PM
All I know is that the girl in the show is unbelievably georgeous!!!

I may just have to Tevo it....

Which one? They're both jaw-droppingly beautiful...

If you haven't seen this show, do yourself the favor. It's seriously good. My favorite of the new season, for sure, with Big Bang Theory a close second, and Reaper a very respectable third.

Ink
11-26-2007, 04:21 PM
I watch it when I remember its on

glassdancer
11-26-2007, 04:33 PM
Yep Sarah, especially in pigtails and her hot dog unform. I thought it looked more like she has fangs but who cares, she's still cute as hell. She looks a little bit like the actress from SwimFan, Erika Christensen.

Erika Christensen

http://images.askmen.com/galleries/actress/erika-christensen/pictures/erika-christensen-picture-5.jpg

Yvonne Strahovski (Strzechowski) from Chuck

http://www.buddytv.com/articles/chuck/image/yvonne-Strzechowski.jpg

I can't believe I can't find better pics of her.

I'm surprised as well.

Patience...in no time at all, we'll see her in either Stuff magazine, Maxim or FHM.

You know it's ture as they all eventually do and eventually are...

Just a matter of time..

bat_collector
11-26-2007, 04:36 PM
Adam Baldwin is in the series!!!!

Why didn't anybody tell me this before!

MrYac
11-26-2007, 04:40 PM
Anyone know how many more new episodes this show has in the can before the Writers' Strike takes hold? I know tonight's ep is new...

not 100% but i do believe the show was already finished taping for the season before the strike kicked in, so it should be able to finish.

Adam Baldwin is in the series!!!!

Why didn't anybody tell me this before!

that guys fun in just about everything he's in:D

bat_collector
11-26-2007, 04:41 PM
Ok, now I got to at least see the first episode

MrYac
11-26-2007, 04:43 PM
you can watch full episodes of it on NBC.com, not sure how far they go back, but theres at least a few up

Crom
11-26-2007, 04:44 PM
Great show! I thought I heard it had about 8 more episodes, but I cannot confirm that.

Well acted, with quirky characters that still are very grounded.

Teague
11-26-2007, 04:45 PM
Ok, now I got to at least see the first episode

You'll have a chance to watch from the beginning, most likely starting in a week or two, when they run out of new eps.

patrickwm68
01-24-2008, 08:11 PM
According to Yahoo TV listings there's 2 new episodes on tonight one at 8pm and another at 10pm.

patrickwm68
01-25-2008, 07:42 PM
Anyone catch the 2 new episodes last night? They were calling it a Chuck Sandwich and they had the cast talking between commercials. Very cool.

Teague
01-25-2008, 07:45 PM
Anyone catch the 2 new episodes last night? They were calling it a Chuck Sandwich and they had the cast talking between commercials. Very cool.

I caught the second one. I can't believe I didn't know about this before! I'm going to have to watch the first one online, now...I guess I'm glad it's available, but damn NBC for breaking its agreement with iTunes. Now I can't download it to my iPod and watch it at my convenience... :thumbsdow

Did they publicize this Chuck sandwich thing at ALL? I'm usually on top of these things. Sigh. The strike is getting to me.

patrickwm68
01-25-2008, 08:33 PM
I caught the second one. I can't believe I didn't know about this before! I'm going to have to watch the first one online, now...I guess I'm glad it's available, but damn NBC for breaking its agreement with iTunes. Now I can't download it to my iPod and watch it at my convenience... :thumbsdow

Did they publicize this Chuck sandwich thing at ALL? I'm usually on top of these things. Sigh. The strike is getting to me.

I didn't hear anything about it, I knew Chuck was coming back on the 24th but I didn't know about the 2 new episodes until I checked Yahoo's TV listings. The things with the cast during the commercials was cool, you got to hear Sarah speak with her Australian accent.

glassdancer
01-25-2008, 08:55 PM
the girl is HOT!

patrickwm68
01-25-2008, 08:56 PM
the girl is HOT!

Hell yeah, Sarah and Chuck's sister.:thumbs2:

Gangleri
05-15-2008, 04:26 PM
Does the description/dynamic of the new show remind anyone else of "Chuck" but with a "X-Files" twist???
http://community.tvguide.com/blog-entry/TVGuide-News-Blog/Todays-News/Joshua-Jackson-Enters/800032765

Joshua Jackson Enters J.J. Abrams' Fringe

Now, casting would appear to be rather complete on J.J. Abrams' Fringe pilot for Fox. Dawson's Creek alum Joshua Jackson — who when last heard from was to visit Grey's Anatomy's Seattle Grace, but... strike happens — will play Peter Bishop, the son of the institutionalized scientist teamed with a female fed (Aussie actress Anna Torv) to investigate unexplained phenomena. Oh, Peter is also a high-school dropout/gambling addict with an IQ of 190.

Filming is now under way in Toronto.

hellboydce
05-16-2008, 05:12 AM
Hell yeah, Sarah and Chuck's sister.:thumbs2:

oh indeed, pity the show isn't as good

superdoug
05-16-2008, 09:28 AM
oh indeed, pity the show isn't as good

There are threads dedicated to hot women around the board. Feel free to talk about the actresses there, if you're not a fan of the show. :thumbs2:

hellboydce
05-16-2008, 09:43 AM
There are threads dedicated to hot women around the board. Feel free to talk about the actresses there, if you're not a fan of the show. :thumbs2:

thanks for the edit, there seems to be a rise in meaness going on on the board lately, and for a site basically about toys it seems a bit silly :thumbs2:

and don't get me wrong, i record this show every week as i find the Baldwin guy who isn't one of the Baldwin brothers really funny, it's just feels kinda flat sometimes, but i have only seen about the first 4 episodes so perhaps it picks up