PDA

View Full Version : PS3 FW 2.0 update on the 8th November

Bullseye
11-07-2007, 05:13 PM
http://blog.us.playstation.com/

CocoPUFF
11-07-2007, 05:16 PM
cool! I havent ever used the remote play thing, but I will now!

Bullseye
11-07-2007, 05:18 PM
I use the remote while watching BDs thats about it.

Red X
11-07-2007, 06:39 PM
I think the theme idea.:buttrock:

They're Statues!
11-07-2007, 06:49 PM
I was hoping 2.0 would set us up for Home. The Beta is supposed to be this month.

Red X
11-07-2007, 11:07 PM
I was hoping 2.0 would set us up for Home. The Beta is supposed to be this month.

Ummm....Didn't it get pushed back to 1st quarter 08?

Red X
11-08-2007, 09:04 PM
This new update is awesome, I love it.:buttrock:

HelloKinky
11-13-2007, 03:03 PM
I haven't even connected my PS3 since I got it. I only have a couple of games on it but use it for the BluRay playback and the old PS2 games.

CocoPUFF
11-13-2007, 04:31 PM
This new update is awesome, I love it.:buttrock:

what EXACTLY does it let you do? I downloaded it, but haven't really messed with it yet to see what it does..

Bullseye
11-13-2007, 04:51 PM
I haven't downloaded it yet so what does it do? I normally only download every second update as the latest FW always has everything anyway.

Red X
11-13-2007, 05:34 PM
Too much to name...

CocoPUFF
11-13-2007, 05:35 PM
Too much to name...

thanks..:confused: cummon, man...at least give me a little info..:(

CocoPUFF
11-13-2007, 05:41 PM
from what I've heard, and this may be wrong, but you are supposed to be able to access your PS3's content on its hard drive via your PSP from ANY internet hoptspot...sounds awesome, but haven't really heard anyone talk about it..

HelloKinky
11-13-2007, 05:58 PM
Really? I saw videos of that a long time ago, I thought we were able to do that right off the bat! No wonder it never worked when we tried. Way to go Sony. Please please take your time.

Bullseye
11-13-2007, 06:00 PM
Really? I saw videos of that a long time ago, I thought we were able to do that right off the bat! No wonder it never worked when we tried. Way to go Sony. Please please take your time.

LOL. Patience young Jedi.

HelloKinky
11-13-2007, 06:06 PM
True but I thought we were patient enough to begin with. I thought the whole HOME idea was dumb too now it's like geez just give me whatever, I'll take it!!!

I really want Little Big Planet as well. That looks like a lot of fun.

Bullseye
11-13-2007, 06:09 PM
The great thing about the PS3 is its future proof and will support profile 2.0 when it eventually happens.

CocoPUFF
11-13-2007, 06:13 PM
The great thing about the PS3 is its future proof and will support profile 2.0 when it eventually happens.

what's profile 2.0?

HelloKinky
11-13-2007, 06:14 PM
Yeah I'm happy about that. Otherwise it would have been a complete lose lose!!!

Bullseye
11-13-2007, 06:20 PM
what's profile 2.0?

Basically BD Live.
http://www.engadgethd.com/2007/11/06/blu-ray-standards-profile-1-0-vs-1-1-vs-2-0/

Red X
11-13-2007, 06:21 PM
Themes - PSP owners recently got access to the ability to create custom themes for their system. PS3 owners will also get this feature. Not only will you be able to customize your wallpaper color, you'll be able to change the icons and fonts used in the XMB. An official theme creator will be available for the PC, so users will be able to create their own and share with their friends. Additionally, new themes will be made available on PlayStation.com and the PLAYSTATION Store.

XMB Color Selector - The background of the XMB is no longer out of your control. The color of the XMB waves background can be selected in Settings.

Music & Photo Playlists - You can now open and create your own playlists from within the XMB. For example, you can create a "Party Mix," which features your favorite songs from your PS3. Playlists cannot be imported from Memory Stick, and music and photo playlists cannot be combined. However, future firmware updates will improve this feature.

Additional Sorting Options - Currently, music can be sorted by Artist and Album on the PS3. Additionally, users will be able to sort by Year.
DualShock 3 support - You'll be able to turn on and off DualShock 3 support from the Settings menu on the XMB.

Remote Start - As hinted by the last PSP firmware update, Remote Play has been enhanced with a brand new feature. Using Remote Start, PSP owners will be able to turn on and access their PS3's content from any wi-fi hotspot. For example, while vacationing, you may find out about an excellent Thursday Store update. You'll be able to turn on your PS3 and start downloading content to your PS3 while you're away. When you're done, you can turn the system off as well.

Information Board - On the upper right-hand corner of the XMB, you'll see a scrolling list of headlines, hand-picked by Sony. Currently, these will all be related to video games and PlayStation. If a specific headline is particularly interesting, PS3 owners will be able to access Information Board from Network and see the content in greater detail. Importing your own RSS feeds is something that's planned for a future firmware upgrade. This feature can be disabled in Settings.

One of the numerous themes:
http://www.blogsmithmedia.com/www.ps3fanboy.com/media/2007/11/theme_en.jpg

Scrolling information bar, and board, plus new PSN store logo:
http://www.blogsmithmedia.com/www.ps3fanboy.com/media/2007/11/informationboard001_en.jpg

Bullseye
11-13-2007, 06:24 PM
Cool. I might just download the FW then.

CocoPUFF
11-13-2007, 06:29 PM
Themes - PSP owners recently got access to the ability to create custom themes for their system. PS3 owners will also get this feature. Not only will you be able to customize your wallpaper color, you'll be able to change the icons and fonts used in the XMB. An official theme creator will be available for the PC, so users will be able to create their own and share with their friends. Additionally, new themes will be made available on PlayStation.com and the PLAYSTATION Store.

XMB Color Selector - The background of the XMB is no longer out of your control. The color of the XMB waves background can be selected in Settings.

Music & Photo Playlists - You can now open and create your own playlists from within the XMB. For example, you can create a "Party Mix," which features your favorite songs from your PS3. Playlists cannot be imported from Memory Stick, and music and photo playlists cannot be combined. However, future firmware updates will improve this feature.

Additional Sorting Options - Currently, music can be sorted by Artist and Album on the PS3. Additionally, users will be able to sort by Year.
DualShock 3 support - You'll be able to turn on and off DualShock 3 support from the Settings menu on the XMB.

Remote Start - As hinted by the last PSP firmware update, Remote Play has been enhanced with a brand new feature. Using Remote Start, PSP owners will be able to turn on and access their PS3's content from any wi-fi hotspot. For example, while vacationing, you may find out about an excellent Thursday Store update. You'll be able to turn on your PS3 and start downloading content to your PS3 while you're away. When you're done, you can turn the system off as well.

Information Board - On the upper right-hand corner of the XMB, you'll see a scrolling list of headlines, hand-picked by Sony. Currently, these will all be related to video games and PlayStation. If a specific headline is particularly interesting, PS3 owners will be able to access Information Board from Network and see the content in greater detail. Importing your own RSS feeds is something that's planned for a future firmware upgrade. This feature can be disabled in Settings.

One of the numerous themes:
http://www.blogsmithmedia.com/www.ps3fanboy.com/media/2007/11/theme_en.jpg

Scrolling information bar, and board, plus new PSN store logo:
http://www.blogsmithmedia.com/www.ps3fanboy.com/media/2007/11/informationboard001_en.jpg

VERY cool...Glad I got me a PS3! gonna mess with it tonight..Thanks for the info!!!

HelloKinky
11-13-2007, 06:32 PM
Woo hoo. I guess that's kewl for ppl that like to waste time on it. But then again I have nothing else to play on the system so I might as well spend time prettying it up haha.

Red X
11-13-2007, 07:03 PM
Oh it's an awesome update I downloaded it first chance I got on thursday when I got the Uncharted demo!:buttrock:

CocoPUFF
11-13-2007, 07:05 PM
Oh it's an awesome update I downloaded it first chance I got on thursday when I got the Uncharted demo!:buttrock:

now to put some music and movies on my HDD

HelloKinky
11-13-2007, 07:22 PM
But can you access music and movies from your PS3 off your PSP when you're somewhere on a wifi network?

Red X
11-13-2007, 08:19 PM
But can you access music and movies from your PS3 off your PSP when you're somewhere on a wifi network?

Not sure you can turn it on and go into the store...I don't have a PSP yet so sorry.

BTW my SN on the PSN is jedistarkiller, drop me a friend request, what's everyone elses?

CocoPUFF
11-13-2007, 09:54 PM

that's what I'm gathering. I do have a PSP and am gonna try it when I get home...I'll let you guys know how it is..

HelloKinky
11-14-2007, 03:02 PM
I completely forgot what my SN is for the system. I registered the first day. My roommate has a PSP so we're gonna try and figure it out as well.

CocoPUFF
11-14-2007, 03:38 PM
I completely forgot what my SN is for the system. I registered the first day. My roommate has a PSP so we're gonna try and figure it out as well.

SN? what is that? Enlighten me...I haven't tried it yet...

El Diablo
11-14-2007, 04:05 PM

Yes, basically you can be anywhere in the world and so long as you have access to a wifi network you`ll be able to access all your videos and music on your PS3. Only before you had to leave your PS3 on all the time for this to work, but with the new FW 2.0 you can remotely switch the PS3 on listen/watch the stuff you want to then switch the PS3 off when your done, now that`s cool :thumbs2:

Red X
11-14-2007, 04:20 PM
SN? what is that? Enlighten me...I haven't tried it yet...

Your screename, your playstation network account name? So you can play others online...

CocoPUFF
11-14-2007, 04:26 PM
Your screename, your playstation network account name? So you can play others online...

ah ok