PDA

View Full Version : since bowen forum is down: need cleaning sugestions

bigben7
02-07-2005, 04:22 PM
hey guys i remember bowen having a satue and bust cleanung guide. can anyone help me. some statues are too big for my enclosed cabinet so ill need to dust them once a week. whats the best way? is water ok on the statues to get dust out of cracks
thanks

Bullseye
02-07-2005, 04:23 PM
I heard compressed air cans are good or make up brushes with a soft bristle.

CKinSD
02-07-2005, 04:38 PM

GREAT ADVICE THERE both of these are great ways to clean statues.

Bullseye
02-07-2005, 04:41 PM
GREAT ADVICE THERE both of these are great ways to clean statues.

Now if only i could get the GF to do it for me. :D

Sniper
02-07-2005, 04:42 PM
DONT GO NEAR A BATMAN BOWEN WITH A CAN OF COMPRESSED AIR , YOU WILL BLOW THE PAINT RIGHT OFF. THEY NEVER PAINTED THESE RIGHT . THEY ALAWAYS FLAKE OFF!

Bullseye
02-07-2005, 04:45 PM
DONT GO NEAR A BATMAN BOWEN WITH A CAN OF COMPRESSED AIR , YOU WILL BLOW THE PAINT RIGHT OFF. THEY NEVER PAINTED THESE RIGHT . THEY ALAWAYS FLAKE OFF!

Is that the Bronze version?

bigben7
02-07-2005, 04:47 PM
bullseye
my fiance is too scared to handle my statues and busts to clean them ,lol
ill try the compressed air. example i just got a capt america statue with a little dust in the crevices, does water hurt the statues if i use it, like a dam p rag?

The General
02-07-2005, 04:52 PM
I'd be careful with those air cans. I don't remember why but sometimes they will freeze and ruin the spot your spraying.

I use a feather duster and me blowing the dust off with my lung power. Safest way. A lightly damp cloth works for me too.

bigben7
02-07-2005, 04:56 PM
kewl thanks, i will feel better using a make up brush and damp cloth i think. no air can for me
just fogure i bought a dd red full size and alot of nooks and crannies with a little dust in them and it isnt fresh dust. thats why i thought i needed a damp cloth
well thanks again

nbr3bagshotrow
02-07-2005, 04:58 PM
I use a feather duster and me blowing the dust off with my lung power.
Won't that hot air melt the paint?:D

Kdawg59
02-07-2005, 04:59 PM
I use a paint brush that has soft bristles and I use them like a archeaologist would when finding a bone on a dig. Some times I will even use a very minute touch of endust to moisten the bristles, from the rag... Just barely brightens them up a touch!

fhurtado3627
02-07-2005, 06:02 PM
I'd be careful with those air cans. I don't remember why but sometimes they will freeze and ruin the spot your spraying.

I use a feather duster and me blowing the dust off with my lung power. Safest way. A lightly damp cloth works for me too.

I agree. The compressed air gets cold and can discolor the paint. Randy recommends a clean modelers paint brush. If it's really got caked on dust, try using a clean damp cloth.

Bullseye
02-07-2005, 07:39 PM

But not very good if you are suffering from asthma.