PDA

View Full Version : Princess Bride 20th Anniversary Edition

Brru
11-13-2007, 11:44 AM
Well this DVD comes out today (11/13/07) and Im actually amazed thats its the 20th anniversary already for this film. I dont know whats on the DVD other then the movie, but it comes with a free T-shirt lol (at least best buy says it does). Anyone a fan of this movie?

Spatial.Archite
11-13-2007, 12:29 PM
Love the movie, but I won't be picking this up as I got the Dread Pirate edition that came out right around a year ago I believe.

I enjoy the edition I have, but if you don't have a copy I'd say run out and grab it.

And it doesn't quite seem like 20 years, does it?

Andy Bergholtz
11-13-2007, 12:48 PM
LOVE this movie. I already own a 'special edition' of this DVD though from a few years ago.... Can anyone tell me what's new on this 20th anniv. edition? Or the 'Dread Pirate' edition for that matter?

Teague
11-13-2007, 12:55 PM
I love this movie too. I have a cheap version from years ago, so I might pick this up if the extras are worth it. Anyone know what they are?

Spatial.Archite
11-13-2007, 01:07 PM
On the Dread Pirate edition the features are as follows (actually just pulled it out to watch the other day):

"As You Wish: The Story of The Princess Bride" Documentary
"Dread Pirate Roberts: Greatest Legend of the Seven Seas" Historical Analysis
Cary Elwes' Home Movies
"Love is Like a Storybook Story" Featurette
"Miraculous Make-Up" Featurette
Original 1987 Featurette
Vintage Making-Of Documentary
The Quotable Battle of Wits Trivia Game
Audio Commentary by Director Rob Reiner
Audio Commentary by Writer William Goldman
Photo Gallery
Fezzik's Guide to Florin - Booklet

As for the 20th anniversary edition's features, it doesn't have as many as the Dread Pirate edition (or the basically identical Princess Buttercup edition), but I know it comes with two new Documentaries and the DVD Princess Bride game.

HelloKinky
11-13-2007, 03:21 PM
Isn't there one Hi Def too? I never looked at it but does that have many features as well?

endsongjen
11-13-2007, 03:38 PM
i think i can say im the only person alive that CANT stand this movie. wow. lol sorry guys.

patrickwm68
11-13-2007, 03:41 PM
This is like the 5th release of this film on DVD so I'm passing. I already own the first Anniversary edition from 5 years ago.