PDA

View Full Version : DBZ Movie American version

Juggernaut
11-14-2007, 04:31 PM
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/hr/content_display/film/news/e3if4dd78b5e8cb0390c28f39444310f20a

noseeb13
11-14-2007, 04:58 PM
Not really looking forward to this with the "reported" story line. Although I do like James Marsters.

Juggernaut
11-14-2007, 05:13 PM
I think this movie will rape the DBZ univers.

Although James Masters as Piccolo is quite fun, that will make me check out this movie.

I am surten that I will not like this movie.

Maybe if I don't compare this movie to the anime that may help the movie?

stormshadow75x
11-14-2007, 05:23 PM
You really can't go into this with any high expectations......

It sure will be interesting to see what they do with this.... Stephen Chow has a good track record so far but he's just producing

HelloKinky
11-14-2007, 05:33 PM
Didn't they say the story was pretty changed like Gokou a kid in school getting picked on and all this weird stuff?

stormshadow75x
11-14-2007, 05:46 PM
Didn't they say the story was pretty changed like Gokou a kid in school getting picked on and all this weird stuff?

UH-OH!!!!!!

HelloKinky
11-14-2007, 05:53 PM
Well someone said that but someone had posted a link to a site like this one stating the story and nowhere did it seem as bad as someone made it out to be. I'm hoping it's nowhere near that though.

And there is a live action DBZ movie out already in China heh. It's a hilarious movie.

MrYac
11-14-2007, 06:27 PM
this sounds awful, not quite as awful as the above mentioned "goku in highschool" crap, but Spike as Piccolo...WTF are they thinking

noseeb13
11-14-2007, 07:16 PM

Yes, that is pretty much what I remember. They are trying to make it more real world.
I made the comparison to what they did with the Spider-man movies.

This is going to be Sky High with a Kamehameha.

MrYac
11-14-2007, 07:27 PM
Yes, that is pretty much what I remember. They are trying to make it more real world.
I made the comparison to what they did with the Spider-man movies.

This is going to be Sky High with a Kamehameha.

but thats not a good comparison at all, Spidey was always set in the "real" world for the most part, sure there were super freaks running around and aliens and all that, but it was still for all intents and purposes our world, Dragonball however never was, they might have called it earth but nothing about it was set in what we consider our earth. so trying to put their world into ours and make it realistic is just stupid and will do nothing but piss all over the story and the people who have enjoyed it for decades

noseeb13
11-14-2007, 08:19 PM
but thats not a good comparison at all, Spidey was always set in the "real" world for the most part, sure there were super freaks running around and aliens and all that, but it was still for all intents and purposes our world, Dragonball however never was, they might have called it earth but nothing about it was set in what we consider our earth. so trying to put their world into ours and make it realistic is just stupid and will do nothing but piss all over the story and the people who have enjoyed it for decades

I didn't say it worked for Dragonball, but after I read the plot outline that is what it sounded like they were trying to do, which I think is a horrible idea.

MrYac
11-14-2007, 08:32 PM
I didn't say it worked for Dragonball, but after I read the plot outline that is what it sounded like they were trying to do, which I think is a horrible idea.

well then we agree:thumbs2: i'll be the first to admit i always think live action adaptions are a bad idea, sure some turn out to be decent movies, but most suck donkey, and for a property like DBZ that is so amazingly far feteched the sheer idea of it in live action is laughably stupid. the only way for it to ever work is for them to take out every single shread of what made the show what it was