PDA

View Full Version : HELP - Connecting my IWATA airbrush to Badger compressor

JohnCleary
11-21-2007, 02:15 PM
I just set up everything to start painting and I went to hook my new Iwata airbrush to my Badger compressor and the connections wont fit on the airhose. Does anyone know if I can get an adapter coupling for the hose so I can hook up my Iwata up or am I going to have to get an Iwata comp?

What a bummer. Also I read that I should clean out my airbrush when using for the first time. What should I clean it out with/

Thanks for any help.

JohnCleary
11-21-2007, 02:18 PM
I think I found an adapter. I should have searched first. :)

Danno
11-21-2007, 02:31 PM
LOL! I was going to suggest getting a adapter, but if you have one...you are all set.

You can clean out the airbrush with a little airbrush cleaner. Polly S, Badger, and Freestyle all make some great airbrush cleaners. Polly S is a bit hard to find, Badger and Freestyle can be ordered on-line.

JohnCleary
11-21-2007, 03:17 PM
Hi Dan,

Thanks for the info. Yes I think an adapter is better than getting a new compressor! Hahahha!

I am trying to think what is best to do, get an Iwata hose or just get an adapter. The adapter is cheaper but my badger hose is kind of ragged and was repaired with some duct tape because of a small hole in the hose. It might still work but the more I think about it the more I think I should get a new hose. DO you know if the Iwata hose will work on a Badger compressor?

Danno
11-21-2007, 03:32 PM
Hey John,

You will need an adapter either way. If you get an Iwata Hose, you will need an adapter for the hose to fit onto the compressor. If you get a Badger Hose, then you will need an adapter to fit the hose to you airbrush.

I would say, get the adapter first and test out the Iwata. You might find yourself switching back to a Badger airbrush if you are used to how a Badger works (trigger control)

I own an Iwata HP-A, but I don't use it all all.....ever. I started with Badger back in the day and am very comfortable with the feather trigger control that Badger has. I never got used to...or like, the stiff/sticky trigger control of the Iwata.

Vince-Vell
11-21-2007, 03:46 PM
Could do what i did. Is get a quick connect hose thats for Badgers. Then buy the quick connect adapter for any brand airbrush out there that connects to the hose.

I own badgers and Paasche that all have quick connect adapaters screwed onto them. So i can just pop them in and out of the hose with ease. They make them for Iwata also.

moon_knight1971
11-21-2007, 08:30 PM
Hey John? I was thinking of buying a quick release adapter but became reluctant because I wasn't sure how they go on. Do you have to cut the hose at all?:peoples:

JohnCleary
11-21-2007, 10:09 PM
I went ahead and ordered an Iwata to Badger hose adapter. Hopefully that will work pretty good. Here I was all hyped to get to painting and then blamo, no connecto! :banghead:

I just hope I dont ruin my sculpt when I try painting it. :) I will be using my new Lifetone paints.

JohnCleary
11-21-2007, 10:13 PM
Dan, I had a Badger anthem I believe a couple years ago and it busted. I really liked it but I dont think I used it right and I ended up damaging it. I then got the Iwata. If it doesnt work to well I may try a new Badger.

I have only airbrushed one thing years ago and that was my Vic Rattlehead and that was with the Badger that broke. I am looking forward to learning to paint. I have some sculpts I have done that I'd like to paint.

Vince-Vell
11-21-2007, 10:30 PM
Hey John? I was thinking of buying a quick release adapter but became reluctant because I wasn't sure how they go on. Do you have to cut the hose at all?:peoples:

No cutting involved. You just buy the badger hose that has the female quick connect adapter at the end. Then you buy the Badger Male quick connect screw on adapters for your airbrush. Badger makes those screw on ones for other brands that fits the badger hose female.

Here is a pic of my set-up for my airbrushes. You can see all the adapters are male on my brushes. They just pop in and out of the hose with ease.

http://homepage.mac.com/ficchi/.Pictures/QuickConnect.jpg

RickDTM
11-22-2007, 08:47 AM
John - If you have any questions using the Iwata let me know. I use an HP-A exclusively can help you out.

Love that brush.