PDA

View Full Version : Portable game system question

mwf6171
11-21-2007, 05:08 PM
Hey everyone,

My wife and I are considering buying our 9yr old a portable game system for Christmas, do you have any suggestions on which system is the best for a 9, almost 10 yr old? We have done some research on Gameboy SP, Nintendo DS as well as the Sony PSP. I read somewhere that they are phasing out the Gameboy SP, is this true?

Any help/suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Michael

endsongjen
11-21-2007, 05:10 PM
dont know about the gameboy. but the psp and ds are good imo. i have a ds that my daughter likes to play brain age on, and shes 7. :D and she asked for a psp. only to watch movies on tho. lol

HelloKinky
11-21-2007, 05:10 PM
It's probably true but either way you can play old GB games on the DS anyways. I say go with the DS. I think the PSP is for a much older crowd anyways, and the DS has a TON of games all highly worth owning, even for yourself if you didn't have kids. I own it and use it more then my PSP. I don't even know where it is right now.

snappahead
11-21-2007, 05:20 PM
It's prolly true but either way you can play old GB games on the DS anyways. I say go with the DS. I think the PSP is for a much older crowd anyways, and the DS has a TON of games all highly worth owning, even for yourself and you didn't have kids. I own it and use it more then my PSP. I don't even know where it is right now.

Yep...what he said. DS is the way to go.

twinzs
11-21-2007, 05:35 PM
DS for sure even more so for a younger kid.

thecallahan
11-21-2007, 05:42 PM
Get them the DS in the new Zelda scheme! :buttrock:

http://ds.ign.com/articles/836/836756p1.html

http://dsmedia.ign.com/ds/image/article/836/836756/ds-bundles-for-christmas-20071120020434052.jpg

MrYac
11-21-2007, 05:45 PM
DS no question, it plays all the advance games (of which they aren't really making any more anyway) and it just plain rocks, nintendo has been the unquestioned leader in hand held gaming since the beginning of it for a reason :D

JadeGiant
11-21-2007, 05:56 PM
I just picked up a DS for my daughter last weekend Mikey. She is almost 8 and I think it might be a good system for your daughter as well

stormshadow75x
11-21-2007, 06:03 PM
I got to agree with the rest of the group .. DS all the way... it has the better games..

the PSP has horrible controls & audio.. the games just don't do it for me

the majority of people i know use the PSP to either watch video or hear music......

Get your kid MARIO KART ... i guarantee you'll have 'em hooked

Ink
11-21-2007, 06:04 PM
get the DS

MrYac
11-21-2007, 06:29 PM
the majority of people i know use the PSP to either watch video or hear music......

exactly, the PSP is a better multimedia handheld, but sure as hell isn't better for games

Red X
11-21-2007, 09:39 PM
I have a DS and to tell you the truth I'm not very happy with the gaming selecting.

I hope I get a PSP for christmas if not I may buy one, because all the DS games besides Zelda and Mario Kart are lame or kiddy...

Plus to me it has the better games: Crisis Core coming out, Portable Ops, Chains of Olympus, Darkstalkers Collection, Syphon Filter: Logans Shaodw, Ratchet and Clank: Size Matters Not, Daxter, Tekken, Socom, Silent Hill....

mwf6171
11-23-2007, 11:25 AM
Well, my wife just called me and said she picked him up a Nintendo DS...........we will see what he thinks of it........Any suggestions on what games I should go after now??

JadeGiant
11-23-2007, 11:34 AM
Well, my wife just called me and said she picked him up a Nintendo DS...........we will see what he thinks of it........Any suggestions on what games I should go after now??

we got Hannah Montana for our daughter:thumbs2:

oh, you have a son ... nevermind