Bullseye
11-26-2007, 12:22 PM
http://blog.us.playstation.com/2007/10/31/new-ps3-tv-ad-campaign/

Bullseye
11-26-2007, 12:28 PM
http://blog.us.playstation.com/2007/11/09/more-ps3-ad-spots-now-airing/

Red X
11-26-2007, 01:00 PM
They are cool but new? They have been running for a few months now....

HelloKinky
11-26-2007, 02:38 PM
Those are old.

hawkeyethearcher
11-26-2007, 05:25 PM
at sonystyle.com they have the 80 gb ps3 with free shipping a free second wireless controller and 5 BD movies and some game called motor storm. its on back order but you will get the items listed. estimated shipping is 12/3/07

DSET
11-26-2007, 08:16 PM
whats the name of that song in the commercial?

Colossal
11-27-2007, 05:17 AM
I just got to say, Creed and COD4 are without doubt top notch games, both have blown me away this week, I look forward to the future of gaming as both have made me truly appreciate the next generation gaming potential now, not many games have done that so far.

IronFist
11-27-2007, 03:20 PM
whats the name of that song in the commercial?

"Ladies and Gentlemen" by Saliva from their record, Blood Stained Love Story.

DSET
11-28-2007, 12:48 AM
wicked thanks

this song is sweeet
:buttrock: :buttrock:

Red X
11-28-2007, 12:54 AM
Old song...

DSET
11-28-2007, 02:37 AM
well im not a rock'er so i dont know too many songs

Spatial.Archite
11-29-2007, 12:44 PM
Wonder if this will help the PS3's holiday season, or if it's too little too late? Obviously the Wii's going to take the top spot this holiday, but it'll be interesting to see if the PS3 can make up some of the distance with the Xbox 360. If they don't I'm not sure what kind (if much) of future the PS3 has.

Bullseye
11-29-2007, 02:14 PM
Sales on the PS3 are already way up because of the price drop. Its selling just as well as the XBox did in its first year so i see no problems. It will also be around for another 10 years.

HelloKinky
11-29-2007, 02:43 PM
Shame most people aren't aware they can't play their old PS games on the new systems though...

Bullseye
11-29-2007, 02:54 PM
Time to move onto the new games.;)

HelloKinky
11-29-2007, 02:56 PM
Oh right...
Wait what new games? :p

No honestly that's the thing with next gen make it look pretty and they'll buy it. But it's also what makes Nintendo so great is they focus on gameplay and there's still a ton of great games whether you played or haven't on the original PS1 and PS2. And for the most part I'm sure most consumers already own one of those systems, it's just more of a convenience for a gamer and tech junkie and having little room to have all these systems attached to the tv.

Bullseye
11-29-2007, 03:48 PM
You can play PS2 games on the 60gig and 80gig models.

HelloKinky
11-29-2007, 03:57 PM
Yeah I have the 60gig model, we were talking about the new cheaper one buddy!

Bullseye
11-29-2007, 04:04 PM
Its a compromise.

HelloKinky
11-29-2007, 04:05 PM
That's Sony in a nutshell eh? :p

Bullseye
11-29-2007, 04:12 PM
That's Sony in a nutshell eh? :p

"Quality":thumbs2:

HelloKinky
11-29-2007, 04:29 PM
I agree, the PS3 is an awesome bit of hardware. Here's hoping more people get up to speed with it.

Model Giants
11-29-2007, 05:51 PM
Sales on the PS3 are already way up because of the price drop. Its selling just as well as the XBox did in its first year so i see no problems. It will also be around for another 10 years.

It's selling well but its still in 3rd place month to month...I also find it had to believe it will be around another 10 years...If I'm not mistaken the ps2 just turned 7 and software designers have began to step away from it and it has 100 million plus sold.....

Bullseye
11-29-2007, 07:15 PM
The PS2 sold 200,000 units last month.

Model Giants
11-29-2007, 08:08 PM
The PS2 sold 200,000 units last month.

Not talking about what they sold...I'm talking about publishers......

Have you received your check from Sony this month?:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

glassdancer
11-29-2007, 08:09 PM
A better add campaign would be the Sideshow Mary Jane bent over with her G-string sticking out, while holding a PSP rather than Spidey's suit.

Spatial.Archite
11-29-2007, 10:50 PM

The big issue is that it's not outselling the 360 right now (for the most part); which means it's not really catching up, it's still losing ground.

Sony's done right buy dropping the price, but retailers are also offering huge incentives to purchase the PS3. Which is good 'cause they're moving systems, but still not enough to make up ground with the 360. I imagine the hardware sales for the 360 would soar if Wal-Mart were to offer 15 free DVDs with a purchase of the 360. The difference is that they don't need that kind of incentive to sell the 360.

I still think that if Sony doesn't have a good holiday season then the future's fairly bleak for the PS3.

HelloKinky
11-30-2007, 02:57 PM
That's not good.

Bullseye
11-30-2007, 03:11 PM
But its selling by the hundreds of thousands in Japan where the Xbox is almost non existant and has sold close to 5.5 million in its first year. Similar numbers to the xbox.

HelloKinky
11-30-2007, 03:17 PM
Do you own Sony stock? Or do you work for them? Cause man you really try to push this stuff on people. I bet you do work for them. Where else would someone find the time to post up so many images of new movies and games and news about everything related to them!!!!

ashley76
11-30-2007, 03:24 PM
Okay I am tired of the Xbox 360 vs. PS3 threads. Time to pull them! Galactus where are you?

HelloKinky
11-30-2007, 03:31 PM
Why does it bug you? It's not even like the HD vs. BR threads in here. Take it easy.

ashley76
11-30-2007, 03:38 PM
I am tired of the arguements back and forth about which one is best.

snappahead
11-30-2007, 03:49 PM
I personally don't see why any thread needs to be shut down when it's just a goofy conversation. I don't think this thread needs to go and I didn't agree that the hd vs bd threads needed to go. They're harmless and mostly good fun.

Sure, they're pointless and serve no real purpose, but so what. I don't think anyone's feelings are being hurt by any of this.

So....I say, xbox fans in the green corner, PS fans in the blue corner...watch your low blows and rabbit punches. Come out swingin'. Ding!

HelloKinky
11-30-2007, 03:49 PM
They're both good man! We're just discussing about games and where you'd rather have them. Do you have both or either systems? People tend to make good points and they're worth reading at times.

ashley76
11-30-2007, 03:54 PM
I am just being facetious. I didn't see the point of doing away with the HD-DVD vs. Blu Ray discussions while this is pretty much the same thing. Different rules I guess...

HelloKinky
11-30-2007, 03:58 PM
Shouldn't be different I dunno why they got rid of it. It's like when kids are saying, "oh we're only joking!" yet they still keep putting on the pressure till one gets mad and then spoils it for everyone and calls it all off.

Bullseye
11-30-2007, 05:14 PM
Do you own Sony stock? Or do you work for them? Cause man you really try to push this stuff on people. I bet you do work for them. Where else would someone find the time to post up so many images of new movies and games and news about everything related to them!!!!

No i am an Architect with no interest in Sony. But i do own two PS3s and have owned PS2s in the past.

So everyone who trumpets XBox has shares in MS? Please. There is so much Sony hate on here its not even funny. I have no problem with both game consoles co-existing yet it seems the XBox fans cannot let it lie. They have to take a dig at PS3 fans.

This was a thread for PS3 fans and yet people who do not like Sony nor who own a PS3 had to chime in so I responded.

HelloKinky
11-30-2007, 05:22 PM
Not even but there's no one here posting everything Microsoft is releasing game wise, DVD wise so I figured yes you have stakes :D

Bullseye
11-30-2007, 05:27 PM
There are plenty of threads about the Xbox and there is a thread about deals for HD-DVDs and there is a thread for collectors of HD-DVDs all of which are absolutely fine by me. But you won't find me pushing that format. I will leave that to others.:)

If i post a thread about the PS3 I want to talk with people who are positive about the system and not always bashing it or saying this is an important month etc. The games console has sold 5.5million units worldwide. And will sell alot over the Christmas. Games will get better and in the end those who have the PS3 will be very happy.

Okay it sucks that the game selection is not the best, it will improve. Yet most of the people who complain about the lack of games are the very same people who would rather play the Xbox anyway.

HelloKinky
11-30-2007, 05:29 PM
You just seem very committed is all :)

I guess that's always gonna happen people just coming in to bash regardless of it. Oh well, nature of things I guess.

Bullseye
11-30-2007, 05:33 PM
I get great satisfaction from the system. As you very well know its awesome. When the gaming companies release games in the future you know you are going to be happy. That and its an incredible Blu Ray player. Just watched 300 on the 50" Panasonic and its awesome.

snappahead
11-30-2007, 05:38 PM
I just don't understand why you have such a problem with people saying what they wanna say. If someone comes into one of your PS3 threads and says something negative, it doesn't ruin the thread. It only ruins a thread if you let it. Opinions are just opinions. No big deal. These lovers only threads sound kinda lame to me. "only post if you have a compliment to share".....sounds a little communist to me...j/k Bulls.

Some people just see things too black and white. If you say something negative about one system, you must love the other system. You say something positive about one system, you must hate the other system. At least that seems to be the logic of some people. I don't know why it matters so much to people.

Oh well. Don't stop the fightin...I enjoy it.

Bullseye
11-30-2007, 05:44 PM
I don't mind comments when it deals with the PS3 but how can you have a reasoned debate when the guy or girl is an XBox fanatic or PS3 fanatic for that matter.

I enjoy debates but i don't want to get involved in them and i think you can understand with the position i am in.

"Communist", must be my Russian fiancee rubbing off on me lol.

snappahead
11-30-2007, 05:59 PM
I don't mind comments when it deals with the PS3 but how can you have a reasoned debate when the guy or girl is an XBox fanatic or PS3 fanatic for that matter.

I enjoy debates but i don't want to get involved in them and i think you can understand with the position i am in.

"Communist", must be my Russian fiancee rubbing off on me lol.

I was debating whether I should comment on the "PS3 fanatic" line. The irony of you saying that is too thick though LOL. Can't....resist... The only real fanatics I see are a couple of PS3 guys. You and Red X to be specific. There's definitely 360 fans here, (myself included)but the hardest core people almost always seem to be PS3 guys. (Not just on these boards). It could just be my imagination, but it really does seem that way to me sometimes.

I enjoy my 360. I don't regret for a second buying my PS3, but at the moment, I get alot more out of my 360. So, it's natural for me to prefer it right now.

Let's all just remember that not everyone loves one console and not everyone hates one console.

HelloKinky
11-30-2007, 06:00 PM
I just don't understand why you have such a problem with people saying what they wanna say. If someone comes into one of your PS3 threads and says something negative, it doesn't ruin the thread. It only ruins a thread if you let it. Opinions are just opinions. No big deal. These lovers only threads sound kinda lame to me. "only post if you have a compliment to share".....sounds a little communist to me...j/k Bulls.

Some people just see things too black and white. If you say something negative about one system, you must love the other system. You say something positive about one system, you must hate the other system. At least that seems to be the logic of some people. I don't know why it matters so much to people.

Oh well. Don't stop the fightin...I enjoy it.

I have to agree, kinda reminds like with Apple they always post up the good stuff but always deny or stay away from comments that are mediocre or negative. Obviously they don't want consumers to see them but to pretend that they're not there or that there doesn't exist a single person that isn't into it their stuff is a little much.

300 looks incredible on my HD player =P Ooops sorry sorry wrong thread haha.

Red X
11-30-2007, 06:27 PM
I think us PS3 owners are the most "hardcore" is because all some 360 and wii owners need to bash on our system and pick on it for various reasons. Naturally if I said the 360 had no good games, and that the PSN store is better than the xbox live, a lot of 360 owners would defend their systems.

The claims where PS3 has no good games, is too pricey, has mediocre online service, etc...are all harsh claims and none are true. It was expensive but not much more than 360, it is no more affordable, the game library is growing stronger each month, and the PSN online service is getting better and it's free.

Oh and I love my Mac. I stay away from Microsoft on all avenues...just my personal preference.

snappahead
11-30-2007, 06:38 PM
I think us PS3 owners are the most "hardcore" is because all some 360 and wii owners need to bash on our system and pick on it for various reasons. Naturally if I said the 360 had no good games, and that the PSN store is better than the xbox live, a lot of 360 owners would defend their systems.

The claims where PS3 has no good games, is too pricey, has mediocre online service, etc...are all harsh claims and none are true. It was expensive but not much more than 360, it is no more affordable, the game library is growing stronger each month, and the PSN online service is getting better and it's free.

Oh and I love my Mac. I stay away from Microsoft on all avenues...just my personal preference.

That's the part that's always baffled me. That people feel the need to have "their" system. It's like a cause and effect. A person loves one system, so they have to hate the other system. I'm just a gamer. I want all systems so I can enjoy as many games as possible.

Red X
11-30-2007, 06:53 PM
That's the part that's always baffled me. That people feel the need to have "their" system. It's like a cause and effect. A person loves one system, so they have to hate the other system. I'm just a gamer. I want all systems so I can enjoy as many games as possible.

I own a PS3 and a wii so far I have a feeling someone might get me a 360 for christmas wich wuld be cool because of the exclusives it has such as Gears, Halo 3, BioShoc, Mass Effect.

Only problem is time is scarce right now and spreading my time across 2 systems is strain enough let alone 3...I guess it's just easier for people to invest everything in one system and not worry about the others fact is each system has great games for it.

AsOneDead
11-30-2007, 09:47 PM
I get great satisfaction from the system. As you very well know its awesome. When the gaming companies release games in the future you know you are going to be happy. That and its an incredible Blu Ray player. Just watched 300 on the 50" Panasonic and its awesome.

Do you have a plasma or lcd?

Spatial.Archite
11-30-2007, 10:47 PM
But its selling by the hundreds of thousands in Japan where the Xbox is almost non existant and has sold close to 5.5 million in its first year. Similar numbers to the xbox.

It was a week or two ago that the 360 outsold the PS3; granted it's not a regular basis, but it's something nobody thought would happen. The PS3 doesn't even have a million console lead in Japan, in comparison, the 360's lead in the U.S. is over 6 million.

I'm not really trying to debate which system is better, just looking at it more from a business approach. If you listen to the recent podcast from IGN you'll hear them talking whether the PS3 will survive or falter, and they basically all agree; if the PS3 doesn't have a strong holiday it will falter.

Granted the PS3 is close to where the 360 was at during its first year, but the 360 had no competition for next-gen games during its first year. The PS3 has a hard time fighting for games because there's a competing console that has double the installation base, and it's also easier and cheaper to develop for.

Not to mention, you have to be curious about how many bought the PS3 for a Blu-Ray player instead of a game system. Which creates another point; Sony's positioning of the PS3 has started undercutting their partners in Blu-Ray. To compete with the 360 Sony's having to cut prices and be aggressive in their marketing, but this also means the PS3 is worlds cheaper than a Samsung or Pioneer Blu-Ray player.

I think Sony took a much bigger chance this gen than Nintendo. If the PS3 does start to falter then not only have they given up their console lead to push Blu-Ray, but there's a good chance that neither Blu-Ray or HD-DVD will ever catch on with mainstream consumers. I just think it's a critical time for Sony and the PS3 right now.

snappahead
12-01-2007, 01:40 AM
Some good points, Archite. Sony's definitely had a rocky start with the PS3. Another point to consider is Sony's losing way more money on each PS3 sold(at least in the US) than Nintendo and MS.

Sony's a huge name though. Especially in Europe and Japan. I think eventually, the sales there will start to balance things out more for Sony and sales will continue to grow in the US. Will it finish #1? I don't know, but some people have been WAY too quick to write the PS3 off and I think that's a big mistake. It ain't goin anywhere and I personally think it'll finish #1 or a close #2 before this gen is finished. I hope 360 wins this time around. I won't lie, but I don't want MS to win by much. Just enough to keep things competitive and strong for the gamers. The more they battle, the better off us gamers are.

Red X
12-01-2007, 02:40 AM
SONY business plans this gen weren't very smart on their part.

I remember reading that they wanted to people to work harder and more hours to save up to be able to afford this high class powerful luxury gaming entertainment console. Fact was it is overpriced and should have been at least $100 less when it launched.

It's a shame when the industry leader for 2 console generations falters due to their own stupidity. They could have stayed on top, but they mad some huge mistakes. Launched the console that was way too pricey with not enough games at launch to justify the purchase anyway. And it had far and few good games in between, and with the year lead 360 had it on, just killed it. And topo many models...20gig, 40gig, 60gig, 80gig...heck they were the ones at first that knocked the xbox 360 for having too many models.

SONY has been making smart moves lately. Is it too little to late? I don't think so, with a price drop, new models, the DS3 coming back, better games, more games, more exlcusives, new ad directions...things can only go up from here.

I can see them becoming more competition for the other 2. But in terms in this console generation, I don't ever see them being 1st. Maybe next gen they can reclaim their crown again?

Spatial.Archite
12-01-2007, 09:37 AM
It's more questions on my part, I have nothing against Sony; don't think they're as great as some people say, but they do make good products. I'm just really curious about what they were going for this generation.

They've forefitted being the leader in console sales to push Blu-Ray, and I can see that, I really can... but not right now. In three years time I think it'd make sense, but we're a long ways off from the type of adoption rate for Blu-Ray and HD-DVD combined to pose as a viable replacement to standard DVDs. It's just something I think Sony jumped the gun on, because mass-market appeal is years away. Early adopters, and high-end consumers are great, and a lot of companies make a lot of money off of us... but movie studios don't, they make money from the market as a whole, and that appeal's just not there for high definition movies yet.

As a side note; I heard a blurb that Sony fired their Ad firm, is this the same firm that created these recent ads?

Red X
12-01-2007, 12:48 PM
I think that was the old ad firm.

Sony was so anxious and looked at how the PS2 help DVD succeed...they just jumped the gun, and could have held off another year or 2 on the blu-ray push.

Red X
12-01-2007, 01:01 PM
I think that was the old ad firm.

Sony was so anxious and looked at how the PS2 help DVD succeed...they just jumped the gun, and could have held off another year or 2 on the blu-ray push.

Bullseye
12-01-2007, 01:04 PM
Plasma 1080p. Its awesome.

AsOneDead
12-01-2007, 09:01 PM
Plasma 1080p. Its awesome.

How's playing games on plasma?

snappahead
12-01-2007, 09:07 PM
How's playing games on plasma?

Bulls wouldn't know....j/j.

Red X
12-01-2007, 09:40 PM
If that was suppose to be funny, I didn't get it.....

snappahead
12-02-2007, 01:23 AM
If that was suppose to be funny, I didn't get it.....

It wasn't directed at you so you don't have to get it. Bulls gets it..that's all that matters.

Red X
12-02-2007, 02:05 AM
It wasn't directed at you so you don't have to get it. Bulls gets it..that's all that matters.

I still don't get it!:peoples:

snappahead
12-02-2007, 02:36 AM
I still don't get it!:peoples:

I said he wouldn't know cause Bulls isn't really a gamer. He just REALLY loves his blu rays and his PS3.

Red X
12-02-2007, 02:43 AM
I said he wouldn't know cause Bulls isn't really a gamer. He just REALLY loves his blu rays and his PS3.

Ummm....yea I get it. Still nothing.. :confused: :p