PDA

View Full Version : PS3 Grand Theft Auto IV - final boxart revealed, new trailer Dec 6th

Bullseye
11-28-2007, 03:07 PM
Originally posted over at bd.com

http://www.tsurugi.co.uk/misc/ps3/grandtheftautoiv/boxart.jpg

For the price of US$89.95 (AU$149.95), you'll receive the following, all contained within a custom GTAIV safety deposit box:

http://www.tsurugi.co.uk/misc/ps3/grandtheftautoiv/collectorsedition/1.jpg

• An exclusive Rockstar keychain for the safety deposit box keys

• Grand Theft Auto IV on the PLAYSTATION®3 computer entertainment system, with special packaging

http://www.tsurugi.co.uk/misc/ps3/grandtheftautoiv/collectorsedition/2.jpg

• A limited edition Rockstar duffel bag

• The Grand Theft Auto IV Art Book, featuring never-before-seen production artwork from Grand Theft Auto IV

http://www.tsurugi.co.uk/misc/ps3/grandtheftautoiv/collectorsedition/3.jpg

• Selected soundtrack CD from Grand Theft Auto IV, featuring new material from top artists, only available on this release

Bullseye
11-28-2007, 03:07 PM
http://www.tsurugi.co.uk/misc/ps3/grandtheftautoiv/collectorsedition/4.jpg

Bullseye
11-28-2007, 03:10 PM
http://www.rockstargames.com/IV/trailer_splash.html

snappahead
11-28-2007, 03:13 PM
Will this special packaging also be available on the 360? Pretty neat looking set.

Bullseye
11-28-2007, 03:16 PM
why not buy it on the PS3 if you already have one???

HelloKinky
11-28-2007, 03:17 PM
Meh while it's nice to know they want to give us something special the game itself is nothing like a bigger character based game. These games are just about a regular up and coming guy. Like a safety deposit box?! Come on.

I still have my Capcom duffel bag I got with my Street Fighter game.

snappahead
11-28-2007, 04:34 PM
why not buy it on the PS3 if you already have one???

I buy all my multi-platform games for 360. They perform a bit better. Don't shoot me..it's just the way it is right now.

Bullseye
11-28-2007, 04:38 PM
I find it amazing that you complain about the lack of games for the PS3 and when they are announced the first thing you ask "Is it on the XBox". You are either going to give the PS3 a chance or your not.

Don't shoot me;)

Collection King 13
11-28-2007, 04:40 PM
When is this being released?

snappahead
11-28-2007, 04:44 PM
The key word here is exclusive. PS3 was in desperate need of exclusives. They're starting to come out now and I'll use my PS3 to play them. By and large though...3rd party multi-platform games play a little bit better on the 360. That's not my fault. I'll buy the game that plays better. If this were reversed...I'd be buying all of my multi-plat games on the PS3, but right now, it's the other way around.

BTW, to those interested, this cool looking set is also available for the 360.:thumbs2:

HelloKinky
11-28-2007, 04:46 PM
What games actually "perform" better on the xbox then the PS3? And we're talking gameplay, visuals, with no regards to Live or any of that either. I want to know seriously cause I wouldn't want to make the mistake of getting the wrong game. I see myself getting these games for the PS3 simply because it is a more powerful system and I want the best overall experience.

Bullseye
11-28-2007, 04:49 PM
When is this being released?

April 30, 2008

Bullseye
11-28-2007, 04:51 PM
The key word here is exclusive. PS3 was in desperate need of exclusives. They're starting to come out now and I'll use my PS3 to play them. By and large though...3rd party multi-platform games play a little bit better on the 360. That's not my fault. I'll buy the game that plays better. If this were reversed...I'd be buying all of my multi-plat games on the PS3, but right now, it's the other way around.

BTW, to those interested, this cool looking set is also available for the 360.:thumbs2:

How would you know unless you had both versions for both machines. Lets keep the XBox announcements to XBox threads:thumbs2:

Collection King 13
11-28-2007, 04:51 PM
April 30, 2008

Damn I cant wait! :banghead:

Bullseye
11-28-2007, 04:54 PM
Damn I cant wait! :banghead:

You and me both. I loved GTA on the PC. I look foward to playing this on the PS3.

snappahead
11-28-2007, 04:54 PM
Most of all, it's been frame rate issues. I can't stand frame rate hiccups. Quite a few PS3 versions of games have had this problem though. It depends entirely on the developers. If they're a good developer (like Infinity Ward with Call of Duty 4) they'll make sure the PS3 version has a solid frame rate, but that hasn't been the case with others.

My guess is that because the PS3 version takes more time to make, developers are rushing things and allowing these problems to slip. As time goes on though, these differences will probably go away.

Keep in mind though, that the performance issues so far have been minor and there's usually not much difference if at all between the 360 and PS3 versions of games. I just REALLY hate frame rate issues.

snappahead
11-28-2007, 04:57 PM
How would you know unless you had both versions for both machines. Lets keep the XBox announcements to XBox threads:thumbs2:

I read. I read reviews. That's usually enough for me. If a game has issues and multiple reviews point them out..I tend to think they're legitimate.

I had no idea this was a PS3 only thread. I thouhgt it was a GTA thread. My bad.

HelloKinky
11-28-2007, 04:58 PM
I get plenty of framerate issues with the Xbox as well. So if there's more on the PS3 then that sucks as well. But either way.

And yeah I don't see how this is only a PS3 only thread if they're the exact same game and special editions for both systems.

Bullseye
11-28-2007, 05:01 PM
Because it has PS3 in the title.

abarron
11-28-2007, 05:09 PM
Can't wait for this was a little disapointed with the stories version that were released on the PS2. I know they were meant for the PSP
This is gonna look awesome on the PS3
and that set looks cool

snappahead
11-28-2007, 05:10 PM
Because it has PS3 in the title.

Got us there...I guess we have to start another thread for the 360 version?

BTW, the PS3 wasn't part of the title earlier..sneaky bastich!

Juggernaut
11-28-2007, 05:19 PM
Wasnt GTA4 supposed to be exclusive to the 360?
With Exclusive Download's?

I wonder if the downloads's will be diffrent for the two consol's?

snappahead
11-28-2007, 05:24 PM
Last I heard. MS paid a buttload of cash to get some exclusive DL content. Don't know more than that though.

Dang...there I go talking about the "other" console again. My bad Bulls.

HelloKinky
11-28-2007, 05:50 PM
Yeah it didn't say that before! Mods always messing with us....

Red X
11-28-2007, 06:38 PM
Last I heard. MS paid a buttload of cash to get some exclusive DL content. Don't know more than that though.

Dang...there I go talking about the "other" console again. My bad Bulls.

What's funny is that 360 owners get to wet their lips on the GTA franchise this way, then the next one after VI will again be a SONY exclusive...so all 360 owners that want to play another GTA game are gonna hafta purchase a PS3. Clever marketing!

snappahead
11-28-2007, 06:48 PM
What's funny is that 360 owners get to wet their lips on the GTA franchise this way, then the next one after VI will again be a SONY exclusive...so all 360 owners that want to play another GTA game are gonna hafta purchase a PS3. Clever marketing!

This is the first I've heard of this. You know where I can read about that? I know Rockstar's making a new PS3 exclusive called LA Noir. Is that what you're thinking of?

Ink
11-28-2007, 07:09 PM
I thought GTA was gonna be 360 exclusive from now on?

HelloKinky
11-28-2007, 07:10 PM
Yeah keep thinking that.

Red X
11-28-2007, 07:41 PM
http://www.hdgamenews.com/2007/10/sony-secures-exclusive-for-grand-theft.html

It refers to the next game in the series, not IV.

You have GTA, GTA 2, GTA 3, Vice City, San Andreas...

THis next one, number IV, is game 6, and game 7 the next one after IV, will be the exlcusive.

snappahead
11-28-2007, 08:08 PM
Ok, thanks. See Bulls..I'll be buying that one on the PS3:thumbs2: Man, Sony must've driven a convoy of trucks full of cash to pull that one off. Why else even go exclusive these days.

Bullseye
11-28-2007, 08:09 PM
Ok, thanks. See Bulls..I'll be buying that one on the PS3:thumbs2:

Even you will be surprised at the amount of games you will own for the PS3 by the end of 2008 lol

snappahead
11-28-2007, 08:11 PM
Even you will be surprised at the amount of games you will own for the PS3 by the end of 2008 lol

You could be right! I doubt this new game will make it to 08, but the lineup of PS3 games for 08 is looking very strong.

HelloKinky
11-28-2007, 09:14 PM

Yeah but how many of those are actually GOOD games...

I'm only looking forward to Burnout Paradise, MGS, and GTA.

Red X
11-28-2007, 09:44 PM
Yeah but how many of those are actually GOOD games...

I'm only looking forward to Burnout Paradise, MGS, and GTA.

Prob alot...

Resistance
Heavenly Sword
Ninja Gaiden Sigma
Warhawk
Ratchet & Clank Future
Uncharted
Call of Duty IV
Unreal Tournament 3
Assassin's Creed
Oblivion
Metal Gear Solid 4
Devil May Cry 3
Gran Turismo 5
Haze
Tekken 6
Soul Caliber IV
GTA IV

Just to name a few...FFXIII, FFXIII Versus, and RE5 won't be out 'til 09.

HelloKinky
11-28-2007, 09:52 PM
Prob alot...

Resistance (was ok but only paid 30 for)
Heavenly Sword (definitely not worth the money)
Ninja Gaiden Sigma (debateable)
Warhawk (Online only gets boring fast)
Ratchet & Clank Future (Yeah sure)
Uncharted (Uh no)
Call of Duty IV (Xbox already with LIVE that's better)
Unreal Tournament 3(PC all the way honestly)
Assassin's Creed (again on the xbox)
Oblivion (been around)
Metal Gear Solid 4 (definitely)
Devil May Cry 3 (who actually looks forward to these?)
Gran Turismo 5 (if you're a car enthusiast maybe)
Haze (uh no again)
Tekken 6 (true but never was into Tekken)
Soul Caliber IV (again probably gonna be more fun on Xbox LIVE)
GTA IV (and again definitely)

Just to name a few...FFXIII, FFXIII Versus, and RE5 won't be out 'til 09.

Well woohoo another year of waiting =)

Red X
11-28-2007, 10:24 PM

I hope that's your personal opinion because all your yea sures, and uh nos, and what nots...are kind of well igonorant?

They are all very good games, and some are great. I don't think you have played more than half of that list...

xreynoldsxcorex
11-28-2007, 10:38 PM
thats because half of those aren't out yet

Red X
11-28-2007, 10:44 PM

thats because half of those aren't out yet

Which is why I stuck the more in front of half. More than half....

DSET
11-29-2007, 02:40 AM

you have some bad taste:

"uh no" to uncharted:confused:
:banghead: :banghead:

have you played the demo?

\Mario\\Ratchet\uncharted\mass effect\cod4\bioshock\crysis are the best this year has to offer IMO

at least a couple of them are ps3 titles

Red X
11-29-2007, 02:52 AM
you have some bad taste:

"uh no" to uncharted:confused:
:banghead: :banghead:

have you played the demo?

\Mario\\Ratchet\uncharted\mass effect\cod4\bioshock\crysis are the best this year has to offer IMO

at least a couple of them are ps3 titles

I also like how he belittled cross platform games as if writing them off because they were on both. Ratchet, Uncharted, Heavenly Sword, and Resistance are some of the best the PS3 has to offer and are all really great games.

He put down Haze, DMC3, Warhawk, Oblivion, UT3, Ninja Gaiden, even GT5!? Maybe if your a car enthusists!?!?

I think mostly anyone who wants a great racing game picks up GT games. DMC games are hugely popular, Oblivion is up for GOTY, Warhawk is mad fun online gaming, and Ninja Gaiden games are always quality. Plus half the games he knocked aren't even out yet. That goes to show what kinda gamer he is or, actually how much of a 360 fanboy he is.

xreynoldsxcorex
11-29-2007, 03:22 AM
Which is why I stuck the more in front of half. More than half....

Well obviously he couldn't have played MORE than half if only half are available, it would be impossible to have had access to anything that is not on the market. No one has played more than half of that list.

And uncharted is awesome and if not it is at least beautiful. But I wont consider his opinion ignorant because it is personal preference. Personally I am sick of GTA and hope they eliminate the repetitive missions especially pizza delivery stuff. But it does look neat on nextgen without that renderware.

Spatial.Archite
11-29-2007, 12:35 PM
Never been the biggest fan of the GTA series, I always thought it was fairly overrated; wasn't a big fan of the repetition, and the fighting system wasn't very interesting. In my mind it thrived on having an open-ended environment that gave a ton of freedom for exploration. Open-ended games are more frequent now, so hopefully the gameplay issues are resolved or I have absolutely no interest.

HelloKinky
11-29-2007, 02:41 PM
I also like how he belittled cross platform games as if writing them off because they were on both. Ratchet, Uncharted, Heavenly Sword, and Resistance are some of the best the PS3 has to offer and are all really great games.

He put down Haze, DMC3, Warhawk, Oblivion, UT3, Ninja Gaiden, even GT5!? Maybe if your a car enthusists!?!?

I think mostly anyone who wants a great racing game picks up GT games. DMC games are hugely popular, Oblivion is up for GOTY, Warhawk is mad fun online gaming, and Ninja Gaiden games are always quality. Plus half the games he knocked aren't even out yet. That goes to show what kinda gamer he is or, actually how much of a 360 fanboy he is.

Well sorry if I hurt your feelings kiddo, but I have played those games if I didn't I wouldn't have said anything to begin with and yes it is personal preference. And knocking games that they've shown months before they're even out yet. Reason I said a lot of that stuff is cause I have all systems but like many others here we know why wait for the PS3 to come out with anything when we have an Xbox that doesn't disappoint.

I never like Gran Turismo I find it boring so sue me, like I said for car enthusiasts. But Burnout Paradise is another thing. If you want to buy it just to look at the pretty cars go right ahead. And sure Heavenly Sword was a blast for the 5 hours it took to beat was that worth it? A rental for sure.

You tell me I must be some gamer when you had no idea that Manhunt 2 differed on the PS2 then the Wii. Yeah I don't know my games right. Don't get me wrong there's a lot of great games coming out for the PS3, thing is most of them will be on the Xbox and like Snappahead mentioned the framerate isn't a problem.

The reason I sounded like a downer on that list is because everyone always lists the same games over and over. I mean look how long the PS3 is been out and STILL that list is only what's good and ONLY half of them are actually out. So come on.

I'd rather they make a sequel to Bully over another GTA cause that game was a bit more fleshed out and better looking then most. And I do like pretty visuals but they don't cut it all the time. Hence why the Wii is still the most played system along with the 360.

snappahead
11-29-2007, 05:34 PM
Never been the biggest fan of the GTA series, I always thought it was fairly overrated; wasn't a big fan of the repetition, and the fighting system wasn't very interesting. In my mind it thrived on having an open-ended environment that gave a ton of freedom for exploration. Open-ended games are more frequent now, so hopefully the gameplay issues are resolved or I have absolutely no interest.

That'll be my biggest concern. After Saint's Row, Dead Rising and even Mercenaries, the gameplay in GTA seems very stale. I've heard that they're making alot of changes to the targeting system and such, so maybe this'll actually play pretty good for a change. I've always liked the car mechanics in GTA, but the gunfighting has also been a letdown.

Red X
11-29-2007, 08:21 PM
Well sorry if I hurt your feelings kiddo, but I have played those games if I didn't I wouldn't have said anything to begin with and yes it is personal preference. And knocking games that they've shown months before they're even out yet. Reason I said a lot of that stuff is cause I have all systems but like many others here we know why wait for the PS3 to come out with anything when we have an Xbox that doesn't disappoint.

I never like Gran Turismo I find it boring so sue me, like I said for car enthusiasts. But Burnout Paradise is another thing. If you want to buy it just to look at the pretty cars go right ahead. And sure Heavenly Sword was a blast for the 5 hours it took to beat was that worth it? A rental for sure.

You tell me I must be some gamer when you had no idea that Manhunt 2 differed on the PS2 then the Wii. Yeah I don't know my games right. Don't get me wrong there's a lot of great games coming out for the PS3, thing is most of them will be on the Xbox and like Snappahead mentioned the framerate isn't a problem.

The reason I sounded like a downer on that list is because everyone always lists the same games over and over. I mean look how long the PS3 is been out and STILL that list is only what's good and ONLY half of them are actually out. So come on.

I'd rather they make a sequel to Bully over another GTA cause that game was a bit more fleshed out and better looking then most. And I do like pretty visuals but they don't cut it all the time. Hence why the Wii is still the most played system along with the 360.

IO see what your saying. I heard that Manhunt 2 was the same on both, but Manhunt is a cruddy franchise anyway.

I like when you said look "The reason I sounded like a downer on that list is because everyone always lists the same games over and over. I mean look how long the PS3 is been out and STILL that list is only what's good"

Wanna know what the 360 great game lists look like?

Halo 3
Gears of War
Mass Effect
Bioshock

That's right 4 exclusive games worth owning...that's it. In comparison to SONY's 9 or 10 or so....

HelloKinky
11-29-2007, 08:34 PM
Wait first you named a list that had titles that would be on the Xbox as well. Now you're talking about exclusives only?! You can't keep changing your mind. And like we stated some people would still end up buying the 360 version of those games anyways.

xreynoldsxcorex
11-29-2007, 10:54 PM
Wanna know what the 360 great game lists look like?

Halo 3
Gears of War
Mass Effect
Bioshock

That's right 4 exclusive games worth owning...that's it. In comparison to SONY's 9 or 10 or so....

What about (and that does not mean that I like or have played these games, some are not out yet)
Dead Risisng
Saints Row
Halo Wars
Crackdown
Blue Dragon
Lost Planet (which i think PS3 is finally getting)
Eternal Sonata
Splinter Cell
Bullet Witch
Tenchu
Oneechanbara
Dead or Alive Series
Ninja Gaiden
Viva Pinata (Hell someone out there likes this, it has sold alright and this could be the worst of the exclusives which competes with what was to be one of the best on PS3, Lair)

Granted some of these probably suck, but Halo on the list alone more than makes up for any above mentioned flawed title, that thing has been referred to time and time again as a "juggernaut" and I am sure it will be played widely for years and years to come while my Heavenly Sword gets all its time on a shelf. I mean they didn't even give me an extra costume there. God of War had a bunch, I didnt even want most of them, but they were there, I mean come on Cod of War? Who wants that?

xreynoldsxcorex
11-29-2007, 10:57 PM
Any way, is anyone else annoyed with these special editions? All it really has given me is bad 3 inch plastic figures that can't stand up and a unnecessarily large box to have to store on my shelf. This GTA safe deposit box isn't looking too cool, and will be a pain to shelve as well.

Red X
11-30-2007, 12:27 AM
Wait first you named a list that had titles that would be on the Xbox as well. Now you're talking about exclusives only?! You can't keep changing your mind. And like we stated some people would still end up buying the 360 version of those games anyways.

COD4, Assassin's Creed, Orange Box, all count for merits on both systems...after you said (on both I'll get xbobx version) I left them out.

I can break it down this way:

360 has 4 good exlcusive games: Halo 3, BioShock, Mass Effect, and Gears of War. (Though I though Halo 3 was overrated and Bioshock and Gears are better overall.)

PS3 has 4 good exclusives: Resistance, Uncharted, Ratchet, and Heavenly Sword.

Wii also has 4 good exclusives...Zelda, Prime 3, Mario Galaxy, and Paper Mario.

So all systems not counting unreleased titles, are dead even to me.

DSET
11-30-2007, 02:48 AM
Sorry I’m at my desk wasting time at school sorry for the long post :banghead:

When it comes to exclusives Sony puts out a good amount.
And they’ve put out more exclusives in their first year than 360 did
At least in terms of good games IMO, however overall they have the same amount of exclusives released in their first years.

So I don’t understand a comment like this:
I mean look how long the PS3 is been out and STILL that list is only what's good and ONLY half of them are actually out. So come on.

- I don’t know how you can argue about cross plat games they don’t really apply in a ps3 vs. Xbox discussion (which is what this thread has become :stick: ), and obviously most prefer them on 360 because of live.
The reason most people think this way is because 360 was out a year early and because of xboxlive.
If you count there exclusives against ps3 exclusives in both platforms first years they are the same (ealier I thought ps3 had more but its roughly the same).

If you compare exclusives the best of the best games
It comes down to resistance (sort of) ratchet, uncharted in one year vs mass effect, halo 3, bioshock, gears (depends on if you take bioshock as an exclusive (has been out on pc from day 1)

The companies are virtually identical
Roughly 2 or 3 smash exclusives per year
The whole ps3 vs 360 debate is quite stupid as it is

Personally yes I do like 360s exclusives thus far: better, however saying Sony doesn’t\hasn’t put out enough and Sony fans are full of it for saying claiming the same games over and over again is false.
Fact is Sony and 360 put out the same amount of exclusives
If you compare overall first year exclusive lists including the crappy ones you will find that Sony and 360 have had the same amount of 9:
Console exclusives even including the ones that were available on pc
Condemned\Dead or Alive 4\Kameo: Elements of Power\Project Gotham Racing 3
Blue Dragon\Dead Rising\Gears of War\Saints Row\Viva Piñata
PS3
Resistance: Fall of Man\Virtua Fighter 5(9 months depends on how you take it,)
Folklore\Warhawk\Lair\Heavenly sword\Ratchet clank\Time crisis\Uncharted
UT3 depending on how you consider it wont be out on 360 for a long time rumors say, coming out on ps3 dec11th or something

Now compare the titles that are actually good quality, and have sold to a good percentage of overall systems sold:

360: PGR3\Dead Rising\Gears
PS3: Resistance\Folklore (selling alot in foreign countries if you didnt know)\heavenlysword(selling probably because of hype
\Ratchet\Uncharted
Not sure about the sales of warhawk Ive heard not too good.

It’s roughly a similar situation for both companies in their first year I would say that PS3 has a more quantity quality titles (if you compare their first years not whats out now), the only thing that ps3 is missing is a smash hit like Gears. But if you add ratchet and uncharted as one I’m sure it equals the same or a similar success amount in percentage of ps3 owners to buy the game.

So this is why I get annoyed when people rant that ps3 isn’t doing anything: you don’t know you’re history, do 2mins of research you will find both companies are almost identical. Ps3 is being overshadowed by 360 Xbox live success and its extra year out on the market.

My argument before was that 360 was getting sluggish with the exclusives amount this year but if you count the 2007 games they have exactly 9 again (probably not a coincidence). Ps3 went out of their way to get a good amount of exclusives out this q3\4, and they did deliver this quarter no matter what anyone says, and if haze came out and was a success It would have been a huge accomplishment for Sony to have released so many great exclusive titles in its first year. And they are basically going to have to put out more and more better exclusive games than 360 because I’m sure that the XBOX Live factor is going to win the sales over in terms of cross plat games for years to come.

Sgt Taz
11-30-2007, 03:21 AM
What games actually "perform" better on the xbox then the PS3? And we're talking gameplay, visuals, with no regards to Live or any of that either. I want to know seriously cause I wouldn't want to make the mistake of getting the wrong game. I see myself getting these games for the PS3 simply because it is a more powerful system and I want the best overall experience.Cod3, Virtua fighter 5, Rainbow six 3, Assassins creed (though there's a patch for the PS3 version that fixes the problems)...just a few out the top of my head. If your not sure on wich platform to buy just read some reviews. Ign usualy points out the differences and so does gamespot.

Red X
11-30-2007, 03:46 AM
Cod3, Virtua fighter 5, Rainbow six 3, Assassins creed (though there's a patch for the PS3 version that fixes the problems)...just a few out the top of my head. If your not sure on wich platform to buy just read some reviews. Ign usualy points out the differences and so does gamespot.

Does COD4 run the same? I wanna pick that up keep hearing awesome things about it.

Sgt Taz
11-30-2007, 05:42 AM
Does COD4 run the same? I wanna pick that up keep hearing awesome things about it.Yeah no notable differences on Cod4 :)

HelloKinky
11-30-2007, 02:55 PM
Well that's a great load of information and I'm glad more people got in on it and I knew I wasn't the only one. By the way don't forget Smash Bros. Brawl :)

And yeah a lot of these special editions aren't that great. I'd take a shirt or a hat over any of this other stuff any day. Unless it's actually pertaining to the world they're in. Like Metal Gear and getting patches of Foxhound or dogtags stuff like that.

Juggernaut
01-20-2009, 03:41 PM
Does anyone know how to complete the mission where a woman need to be driven home and she goes on and one how she is divorced and she dates thus guy who's hung like a rhino. Then when you are at the house her ex-husband show up.

How do I succesfully complete that mission?