PDA

View Full Version : Jericho

statman
12-04-2007, 04:40 PM
For those of you that are fans of the Jericho TV show, it is finally coming back on February 12th.:thumbs2:

http://www.mania.com/56809.html

Personally, I can't wait!! :buttrock:

cougartrace
12-04-2007, 04:41 PM
For those of you that are fans of the Jericho TV show, it is finally coming back on February 12th.:thumbs2:

http://www.mania.com/56809.html

Personally, I can't wait!! :buttrock:

:buttrock:

MONSTER
12-04-2007, 04:54 PM
Nice!

xXx
12-05-2007, 03:02 AM
Awesome, If you haven't seen this show, Pick it up on DVD. I got hooked after watching them!! Hopefully it will be a longer than 7 episodes.

patrickwm68
01-30-2008, 09:14 PM
2 cool Jericho videos.

http://tv.yahoo.com/jericho/show/39472/videos;_ylt=AvZQ26rkIsfxpeN0.lc9dxqio9EF

Jericho is coming to Sci-Fi Channel.

http://tv.yahoo.com/jericho/show/39472/news/urn:newsml:tv.reuters.com:20080123:jericho_dc__ER:17574;_ylt=AvNN36p1KpSfowJhfbDpW1iio9EF

I am so siked about this show's return.

xXx
02-11-2008, 11:10 PM
Reminder!!!

It starts tomorrow!!:buttrock: :buttrock:

ansel39
02-11-2008, 11:14 PM
yes :buttrock:

patrickwm68
02-11-2008, 11:24 PM
Woo hoo!!!

ickwinzs
02-11-2008, 11:55 PM
2 cool Jericho videos.

http://tv.yahoo.com/jericho/show/39472/videos;_ylt=AvZQ26rkIsfxpeN0.lc9dxqio9EF

Jericho is coming to Sci-Fi Channel.

http://tv.yahoo.com/jericho/show/39472/news/urn:newsml:tv.reuters.com:20080123:jericho_dc__ER:17574;_ylt=AvNN36p1KpSfowJhfbDpW1iio9EF

I am so siked about this show's return.

Yeah its on right now!

statman
02-18-2008, 06:36 PM
Anybody watch Jericho's return? I thought it was an OK episode. Not great, but OK. Still looking forward to this weeks episode though.

patrickwm68
02-23-2008, 02:54 AM
Anyone anyone?

Just watched the 2nd episode from this season, awesome. I'm so happy they brought it back.

xXx
03-05-2008, 03:16 AM
Only three episodes left:bawling:

Just saw this week's episode!!
Hate to see what happened to one of the characters tonight!

it's getting better and better each week!:buttrock:

cougartrace
03-05-2008, 09:33 AM
The show isn't getting as many viewers as last year so they may not renew :banghead:

Gangleri
03-21-2008, 04:29 PM
For Jericho Residents, It's Really Over..... CBS Cancels Show!!

FromTVGuide..... "The March 25th episode of Jericho will be the series finale,"

http://community.tvguide.com/blog-entry/TVGuide-News-Blog/Todays-News/Cbs-Cancels-Jericho/800036005

patrickwm68
03-21-2008, 04:53 PM
For Jericho Residents, It's Really Over..... CBS Cancels Show!!

FromTVGuide..... "The March 25th episode of Jericho will be the series finale,"

http://community.tvguide.com/blog-entry/TVGuide-News-Blog/Todays-News/Cbs-Cancels-Jericho/800036005

Well from was Skeet Ulrich said in that interview, the fans won't be too happy with the final episode.

Such a great show, I'll miss it.

patrickwm68
03-26-2008, 07:48 PM
So did anyone watch the final episode last night?

I have to agree with this statement I read by Bill Hunt on the Digital Bits about the decline of network television:

"Jericho fans have heard the news by now. CBS has cancelled the beleaguered series again, after fans had convinced the network to give it a second try (click here and here for more). Apparently, ratings for the brief second season were even worse than the first season. You know, I don't know about the rest of you guys, but I'm about done with network TV. The fact is, viewership for the networks has been declining for years. The only thing surprising about that is that the network executives have the nerve to wonder why. Cable is a big factor, of course. About 80% of what I watch is on cable at this point and the reason is simple: That's where all of the most intelligently written and original dramas and comedies are. I'm frankly sick to death of reality TV, and the writer's strike didn't help network viewership either. But here's THE big reason why we've given up on network TV in our house: We're tired of being asked to watch and support shows that the network ends up canceling after a single season, or sometimes even after a single episode! Almost every time Sarah and I find a network show that either (or both) of us even remotely like, the network pulls the plug. Jericho, Quarterlife, K-Ville, Lipstick Jungle, Journeyman, The Black Donnellys, Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip, Traveler, What About Brian, Invasion, Over There, E-Ring, American Dreams, Star Trek: Enterprise, Ed, Boston Public, Sports Night, I could go on and on and on (those are just a few we liked - there are MANY more). Another favorite, Friday Night Lights, is in danger of getting canned. It's not worth tuning in anymore, because you can't count on anything you see sticking around for more than five minutes, and it's just too damn aggrivating when they disappear. And the way these panicky network executives juggle their schedules, even when the show IS still on the air, you never know when it's actually gonna be on. It's better, and easier, to just wait for the show to arrive on DVD so you know you can actually watch a few of them at a time. An all-time classic series like The X-Files would NEVER have a chance in today's TV climate. The X-Files didn't get popular until well into its second season, but Fox would never have the patience to stick with it that long today. Shows get pulled on cable too (The 4400, Deadwood, Farscape, etc), but the so-called "major" networks are by far the worst offenders, and I think most people - especially anyone under 45 - is just done with them. CBS, NBC, ABC, Fox and the UPN/WB/CW whatever the hell it's called are steadily becoming obsolete. And the networks have no one to blame but themselves."

cougartrace
03-26-2008, 07:51 PM

I have to agree with this statement I read by Bill Hunt on the Digital Bits about the decline of network television:

"Jericho fans have heard the news by now. CBS has cancelled the beleaguered series again, after fans had convinced the network to give it a second try (click here and here for more). Apparently, ratings for the brief second season were even worse than the first season. You know, I don't know about the rest of you guys, but I'm about done with network TV. The fact is, viewership for the networks has been declining for years. The only thing surprising about that is that the network executives have the nerve to wonder why. Cable is a big factor, of course. About 80% of what I watch is on cable at this point and the reason is simple: That's where all of the most intelligently written and original dramas and comedies are. I'm frankly sick to death of reality TV, and the writer's strike didn't help network viewership either. But here's THE big reason why we've given up on network TV in our house: We're tired of being asked to watch and support shows that the network ends up canceling after a single season, or sometimes even after a single episode! Almost every time Sarah and I find a network show that either (or both) of us even remotely like, the network pulls the plug. Jericho, Quarterlife, K-Ville, Lipstick Jungle, Journeyman, The Black Donnellys, Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip, Traveler, What About Brian, Invasion, Over There, E-Ring, American Dreams, Star Trek: Enterprise, Ed, Boston Public, Sports Night, I could go on and on and on (those are just a few we liked - there are MANY more). Another favorite, Friday Night Lights, is in danger of getting canned. It's not worth tuning in anymore, because you can't count on anything you see sticking around for more than five minutes, and it's just too damn aggrivating when they disappear. And the way these panicky network executives juggle their schedules, even when the show IS still on the air, you never know when it's actually gonna be on. It's better, and easier, to just wait for the show to arrive on DVD so you know you can actually watch a few of them at a time. An all-time classic series like The X-Files would NEVER have a chance in today's TV climate. The X-Files didn't get popular until well into its second season, but Fox would never have the patience to stick with it that long today. Shows get pulled on cable too (The 4400, Deadwood, Farscape, etc), but the so-called "major" networks are by far the worst offenders, and I think most people - especially anyone under 45 - is just done with them. CBS, NBC, ABC, Fox and the UPN/WB/CW whatever the hell it's called are steadily becoming obsolete. And the networks have no one to blame but themselves."

I agree with this 100 percent

protector2814
03-26-2008, 08:07 PM
Damn, Patrick - You really hit the nail on the head. I agree completely. My wife and I have the same problem. When we finally settle down, get the kids in bed and are ready to watch a show we enjoy, it's gone, been moved or will be back in a few weeks.
Your X-Files example is a good one. It would never make it today. We're watching more and more HBO series; Rome, Sopranos, Sex in the City and now the excellent John Adams, have been winning our attention. It feels like the Networks are so darned bottom-line driven that they've forgotten their loyal audience.

patrickwm68
03-26-2008, 08:25 PM
Damn, Patrick - You really hit the nail on the head. I agree completely. My wife and I have the same problem. When we finally settle down, get the kids in bed and are ready to watch a show we enjoy, it's gone, been moved or will be back in a few weeks.
Your X-Files example is a good one. It would never make it today. We're watching more and more HBO series; Rome, Sopranos, Sex in the City and now the excellent John Adams, have been winning our attention. It feels like the Networks are so darned bottom-line driven that they've forgotten their loyal audience.

I can think of a bunch of shows that me and the Mrs were really into that were give no chance whatsoever:

Carnivale
Farscape
Life As We Know It
Miracles (ABC cancelled it after only 3 episodes)
Invasion
Journeyman
Jericho
New Amsterdam (Cancelled before it aired)
Surface
Freaks & Geeks
Undeclared

I'm just sick of getting into a show only to have it cancelled.

Sledge Hammer!
03-27-2008, 12:24 AM
Farscape was on for four years and got a wrap up miniseries, and Carnivale was on for two years, that's hardly "no chance". I wish they'd lasted longer too, but saying these shows weren't given a chance is pushing the definition pretty hard.

patrickwm68
03-27-2008, 06:23 PM
Farscape was on for four years and got a wrap up miniseries, and Carnivale was on for two years, that's hardly "no chance". I wish they'd lasted longer too, but saying these shows weren't given a chance is pushing the definition pretty hard.

Farscape was cancelled and ended with a cliffhanger. The only reason they made the movie was to appease the fans. Sci-Fi cancelled the show becuase it was too expensive to make and replaced it with Tremors the Series.

Carnivale also ended with a cliffhanger then got axed my HBO. The season for Carnivale were a year apart and only about 8 episodes each, that's hardly a chance.

statman
03-27-2008, 06:43 PM

Definitely agree with this. It's hard to keep an audience when a show is constantly changing schedules or "taking breaks" that last several weeks. I'm kind of surprised that Lost and Heroes are still going as strong as they are. The networks DO need to give some of these shows a fighting chance. Would Seinfeld, arguably one of the best sitcoms ever, be able to make it in today's TV landscape. It wasn't very good the first season or so, but it was on a pretty regular schedule and was allowed to find a voice and an audience. Today... it would never happen!:thumbsdow

Anyway, Jericho, you will be missed!!:bawling: :mad: :bawling:

protector2814
03-27-2008, 07:04 PM
The cancellation that hit me hard was Arrested Development. Fox bounced it around on their sched. for the 2 seasons it was on. When word came that it was on the chopping block, they threw together a concluding episode but it seemed rushed and weak, i.m.o..
This show was very funny. A great cast, hilarious characters and it never dumbed itself down. I heard Showtime was sniffing around but it never came to pass. A few of the cast have mentioned the possibility of a movie but a 2 hour get-together seems weird to me. I'd be 1st in line but it would be a far cry from letting the show run its natural course.
This one hurt.

Sledge Hammer!
03-28-2008, 02:15 AM
Farscape was cancelled and ended with a cliffhanger. The only reason they made the movie was to appease the fans. Sci-Fi cancelled the show becuase it was too expensive to make and replaced it with Tremors the Series.

Carnivale also ended with a cliffhanger then got axed my HBO. The season for Carnivale were a year apart and only about 8 episodes each, that's hardly a chance.

Both of Carnivale's seasons were 12 episodes long actually, which is standard length for HBO. And you can blame the makers for ending their shows, that they knew full well weren't rating all that well, on cliffhangers.

hellboydce
03-28-2008, 04:38 AM
i gotta say though, Carnivale was one of my favorite shows of the past few years

Sledge Hammer!
03-28-2008, 05:27 AM
I loved Carnivale, but with two full seasons you can't say it never got a chance. Well, I guess you can, but I don't think it'd be true. Some things, no matter how good, just don't seem to find a big enough audience to justify keeping them on air. It sucks, but it's true.

rychehitman
07-02-2012, 10:49 PM
I have discovered this series thanks to the magic of Netflix streaming on the Wii. I can now understand why the fans were so
upset with the shows fate. If anyone else passed on this series earlier as I did, I highly giving this series a try!

patrickwm68
07-02-2012, 11:16 PM
There's rumors Netflix may bring the show back.

rychehitman
07-02-2012, 11:27 PM
How so?

ZKULPTOR
07-02-2012, 11:58 PM
This would be great!!!!

ZKULPTOR
07-03-2012, 12:05 AM
How so?

http://articles.nydailynews.com/2012-05-02/news/31543294_1_lennie-james-netflix-tv-guide

patrickwm68
07-05-2012, 08:37 PM
How so?

They'll stream the new episodes exclusively on their site.

joefixit2
07-06-2012, 12:29 AM
I miss farscape