PDA

View Full Version : Holiday Xboxes strain LIVE servers

Endless Wake
12-30-2007, 09:54 PM
I'm sure you've already noticed the problems.

http://www.ripten.com/2007/12/28/too-many-xmas-xboxes-disables-live-services/

http://www.joystiq.com/2007/12/30/major-nelson-speaks-about-recent-xbox-live-issues/

biglebowski9999
12-30-2007, 10:02 PM
Live Rules! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

boondocksaint
12-30-2007, 10:42 PM
damn so many people are playing it its messing up the whole system!

damn.. being the best live service has its drawbacks ay

Sgt Taz
12-31-2007, 04:39 AM
Live Rules! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh::buttrock:

cougartrace
12-31-2007, 09:35 AM
If you work in an IT department, you know this would happen.

Microsoft like many others operate their servers near capacity (for efficency,etc). Obviously many people bought an XBOX this year than was thought and their LIVE service was overloaded.

It's funny how Sony or Ninentdo haven't even come close to the online community that MS has.

biglebowski9999
12-31-2007, 01:06 PM
If you work in an IT department, you know this would happen.

Microsoft like many others operate their servers near capacity (for efficency,etc). Obviously many people bought an XBOX this year than was thought and their LIVE service was overloaded.

It's funny how Sony or Ninentdo haven't even come close to the online community that MS has.

How is it "funny?" M$ had a year jump on Sony (larger installation base) and the Wii has barely any online games. If the Wii did, it would be destroying the 360 online. And a year from now the PS3 will have drastically closed the gap. But for the time being, enjoy paying for Live and being bombarded by ads (when it is up and running that is.) :)

Collection King 13
12-31-2007, 01:19 PM
How is it "funny?" M$ had a year jump on Sony (larger installation base) and the Wii has barely any online games. If the Wii did, it would be destroying the 360 online. And a year from now the PS3 will have drastically closed the gap. But for the time being, enjoy paying for Live and being bombarded by ads (when it is up and running that is.) :)

Exactly! I'll enjoy my PS3... :buttrock:

cougartrace
12-31-2007, 02:26 PM

LOL. Nintendo and PS3 have had years to develop the online community. The PS3 and Wii have been development for quite awhile. They just didn't build the online community which is inexcusable.

And please the Wii is such a gimmick console.

lord odin
12-31-2007, 02:33 PM
LOL. Nintendo and PS3 have had years to develop the online community. The PS3 and Wii have been development for quite awhile. They just didn't build the online community which is inexcusable.

And please the Wii is such a gimmick console.
And that`s why it`s #1.:buttrock:

adee
12-31-2007, 02:39 PM
Has anyone read any news on the Marvel mmorpg? It’s the reason I went with the 360 over ps3, but I’m afraid it might be falling through since I haven’t seen anything about it lately.

cougartrace
12-31-2007, 02:45 PM
And that`s why it`s #1.:buttrock:

that's right. My son has one, but what does he play and all my neighborhood kids play more? The XBOX 360.

#1 reason - the controllers for the Wii are gimmicky and the pre-teens and teens are getting tired of it.

#2 reason - Onine play. If you don't have it, you are not big player.

lord odin
12-31-2007, 02:56 PM
that's right. My son has one, but what does he play and all my neighborhood kids play more? The XBOX 360.

#1 reason - the controllers for the Wii are gimmicky and the pre-teens and teens are getting tired of it.

#2 reason - Onine play. If you don't have it, you are not big player.
Well all I know is the Wii is the better seller of the three and it`s way harder to find at retail.

cougartrace
12-31-2007, 02:57 PM
Well all I know is the Wii is the better seller of the three and it`s way harder to find at retail.

True, but the games aren't selling as much and that's a true indicator to longevity of the popularity of the console.

Ink
12-31-2007, 04:14 PM
True, but the games aren't selling as much and that's a true indicator to longevity of the popularity of the console.

if the games don't sell, it's the sign the console may be in trouble in the future

DFury
12-31-2007, 05:06 PM
FYI

My anti-virus went off after I clicked the Ripten Link and the page loaded..

Has this happened to anyone else??

df

cougartrace
12-31-2007, 05:33 PM
FYI

My anti-virus went off after I clicked the Ripten Link and the page loaded..

Has this happened to anyone else??

df

I didn't click on it yet DF...

boondocksaint
12-31-2007, 05:46 PM
ps3 fanboys are funny! lol

biglebowski9999
01-01-2008, 11:27 AM

And where did you get that from, your own opinion because YOU don't buy any games for it, lol? I think it's a gimmick and I don't care for it, either, but try mixing in some facts once in a while....

http://www.vgchartz.com/aweekly.php

You can throw out #1, #3 and #4 as those are the packins w/ the Wii & 360 and count as software sales. After that, 3 of the top 5 are Wii games. And these are only the U.S. numbers.

I have no interest in the Wii whatsoever but it's outselling everything else and was the toughest X-mas item two years in a row. That's tough to pull off. It's not going anywhere and anyone that thinks so is kidding themselves.

lord odin
01-01-2008, 11:48 AM
And where did you get that from, your own opinion because YOU don't buy any games for it, lol? I think it's a gimmick and I don't care for it, either, but try mixing in some facts once in a while....

http://www.vgchartz.com/aweekly.php

You can throw out #1, #3 and #4 as those are the packins w/ the Wii & 360 and count as software sales. After that, 3 of the top 5 are Wii games. And these are only the U.S. numbers.

I have no interest in the Wii whatsoever but it's outselling everything else and was the toughest X-mas item two years in a row. That's tough to pull off. It's not going anywhere and anyone that thinks so is kidding themselves.
The Wii is kicking @$$ and taking top numbers.
I got my friend at UPS looking out for stores in the area that will be getting a shipment because we both want one.