PDA

View Full Version : MGS4 confirmed PS3 exclusive.

Bullseye
01-08-2008, 07:31 AM
http://ps3.qj.net/Sony-reafirms-MGS4-exclusivity-with-CES-2008-demo/pg/49/aid/111194

Sgt Taz
01-08-2008, 09:19 AM
This has been going back and forth so many times now it's not even intresting anymore. We'll see a year after it's released what's what. In the meantime I'm not reading any of these yes it is no it isnt's anymore.

abarron
01-08-2008, 11:00 AM
Dual Shock 3 controller???
So are the putting the rumble back into the sixaxis??

Collection King 13
01-08-2008, 11:10 AM
Sweet!

CocoPUFF
01-08-2008, 12:58 PM
its about time the PS3 had a good announcement! Now that the BlueRay camp has won the HD battle, maybe I can start using my PS3 for actual games instead of just BR movies!

Red X
01-08-2008, 04:00 PM
No big news to me as I always thought it was going to be a PS3 exclusive...just a bunch of 360 fanboys psread rumors that it will be ported over to the 360, because they want the game soo bad.

Well if they want it they can buy a PS3 now and join the revolution!!

snappahead
01-08-2008, 07:56 PM
No big news to me as I always thought it was going to be a PS3 exclusive...just a bunch of 360 fanboys psread rumors that it will be ported over to the 360, because they want the game soo bad.

Well if they want it they can buy a PS3 now and join the revolution!!

I love hearing fanboys call other people fanboys. Please... I'm with Taz...this has been "confirmed" as exclusive and not so many times that I wonder if Konami even knows at this point. The sales will determine whether or not this truly is a PS3 exclusive. If Konami isn't happy after the first couple of months, don't be surprised to see this coming to the 360.

El Diablo
01-08-2008, 08:16 PM
not bothered on the exclusivity of this one as i`ve always found the MGS games to be boring (the ones i`ve played). And after seeing the gameplay trailer for this I don`t believe it`ll be any different. If I want a stealth game i`ll play splinter cell :)

goodydog12
01-08-2008, 10:43 PM
It'll be an exclusive for about 8 months and then be ported for the 360 like all exclusives. There aren't real exclusives anymore unless they are made by sony, microsoft, or nintendo.

DSET
01-08-2008, 10:54 PM
I love hearing fanboys call other people fanboys. Please... I'm with Taz...this has been "confirmed" as exclusive and not so many times that I wonder if Konami even knows at this point. The sales will determine whether or not this truly is a PS3 exclusive. If Konami isn't happy after the first couple of months, don't be surprised to see this coming to the 360.
I agree however i dont think theyll get it out on the 360 within a couple months im sure theyl do it like they did mgs2 subsistense and re-release it in 8months to a year or so ish. Thats if they do it im sure the sales will be great on this one Im just hoping they take all the time they need on it and not rush it out for q2 if they do q4 itl push ps3s during x-mas like no tommorrow. Also it seems as its final in stone theres no more snake series so in respect to sony they may just forget about porting to xbox so that the series can retire on Sony and the company can move on.

It'll be an exclusive for about 8 months and then be ported for the 360 like all exclusives. There aren't real exclusives anymore unless they are made by sony, microsoft, or nintendo.
you beat me to it on the 8months

but i wouldnt be so sure metal gear solid 3 never came out on the box.

and you cant say that every company besides the owners would do this.
take square enix for example
final fantasy is and has always remained on playstation
and they even release their MMOs on xbox yet they have remained faithfull with final fantasy x,x-2, 12 etc

Red X
01-09-2008, 12:07 AM
I don't think it will ever release for the 360 so there!!!!!!!

riderV3
01-09-2008, 12:33 AM
Don't get me wrong I've been a fan since PS but it's realy sad to see how SONY struggle with all the so called "exclusive" game titles while they're destine to be released on other platforms...

Sgt Taz
01-09-2008, 11:19 AM
Well if they want it they can buy a PS3 now and join the revolution!!Actualy the "revolution" started well over a year ago with games like Gears of war (and not at the end of 2008 :peoples: ). The PS3 came a little late to the party and is still feeling that but I'm hoping it will catch up soon. After all there's nothing like some good competition to keep the games getting better and better wich eventualy is what it's all about for me as a gamer.

I'm having trouble understanding "fanboyism"...favoring a company? I mean come on, what difference does it make who's console it's for (unless it's Hitler's or something). There has yet a console to be made that I didnt own (even handhelds except for the DS and PSP) because they all had games I wanted (granted for the Atari Jaguar there was only one: AvP). Sure it would have been easier and cheaper if there were no different consoles and all games came out for one and the same console but no way would games have evolved this fast without competition. Anyway that's all I have to say about the "fanboy" fenomena.

ps: this is not directed at anyone personal

HelloKinky
01-09-2008, 03:15 PM
It'll be out everywhere soon enough, they need to make bank on all next gen systems to pay for the production of the game. A couple months to a year exclusivity and then it's out on 360. Still if you have a PS3 obviously you're gonna get it asap.

CocoPUFF
01-09-2008, 04:07 PM
Actually I can't wait for them to make a Final Fantasy for the PS3! That's gonna be awesome when it happens!

Bullseye
01-10-2008, 01:29 PM
Demo check it out.
http://uk.gamespot.com/video/926596/6184487/ces-2008-metal-gear-solid-4

Red X
01-10-2008, 02:41 PM
Demo check it out.
http://uk.gamespot.com/video/926596/6184487/ces-2008-metal-gear-solid-4

I'll buy the collectors edition for sure.:buttrock:

DSET
04-02-2008, 11:13 PM
http://ps3.ign.com/articles/863/863825p1.html

:buttrock: :buttrock: :buttrock: :buttrock:

snappahead
04-02-2008, 11:46 PM
I know I'm in the minority here, but the MGS series has always bored me to tears. Dull gameplay combined with some truly atrocious story lines and cut scenes make it hard to enjoy for me. Top notch music, voice work and graphics have always forced me to give them a try, but I've never had much luck with them.

AsOneDead
04-03-2008, 12:30 AM
May have to get a ps3 for this or borrow one off a friend.

DSET
04-03-2008, 12:33 AM
I know I'm in the minority here, but the MGS series has always bored me to tears. Dull gameplay combined with some truly atrocious story lines and cut scenes make it hard to enjoy for me. Top notch music, voice work and graphics have always forced me to give them a try, but I've never had much luck with them.

coming from a batman begins hater, that doesnt surprise me:tounge:

So I'm guessing you dont like splinter cell then niether right?

But in all honesty this style of gameplay is definately not for everyone, theyve been saying that for the people who havent played the previous titles that they would play this one for numerous reasons. But after reading the descriptions it seems more complicated and unique than any of the previous titles so im not sure how many new fans its going to reel in, I would think that would scare them off.
But I have heard that along with more stealth and gadgets there are numerous ways you can go about completing the game, and for the most part this one is supposed to have more shooting and less sneaking than its predecessors, I guess that also depends on how you play it.

But i agree on youre previous comments about gta ( i think they were youres:confused: ) ive never gotten into liking any of the previous titles, I have a feeling I may play the new one though:thumbs2:

again not every1 likes everything personally after loving halo1 ive become a halo hater.

snappahead
04-03-2008, 12:53 AM
coming from a batman begins hater, that doesnt surprise me:tounge:

So I'm guessing you dont like splinter cell then niether right?

But in all honesty this style of gameplay is definately not for everyone, theyve been saying that for the people who havent played the previous titles that they would play this one for numerous reasons. But after reading the descriptions it seems more complicated and unique than any of the previous titles so im not sure how many new fans its going to reel in, I would think that would scare them off.
But I have heard that along with more stealth and gadgets there are numerous ways you can go about completing the game, and for the most part this one is supposed to have more shooting and less sneaking than its predecessors, I guess that also depends on how you play it.

But i agree on youre previous comments about gta ( i think they were youres:confused: ) ive never gotten into liking any of the previous titles, I have a feeling I may play the new one though:thumbs2:

again not every1 likes everything personally after loving halo1 ive become a halo hater.

I think Splinter Cell is a far superior game in most respects, but stealth in general is dull and tedious to me. I made it through MGS 2...but that was because of the tranq gun. I never snuck around..I just darted everyone LOL. Dealing with cut scenes every five feet almost forced me to quit though. If I wanna watch something, I put in a movie, not a game! I'm old fashion that way.

Don't think those were my comments about GTA. I like and hate the GTA series. I respect them in terms of their overall quality and depth, but never have been a big fan of actually playing them...if that makes sense.

And yes..I believe Batman Begins was a weak film. Wanna fight about it?

DSET
04-03-2008, 01:34 AM
I dont know how you can say splinter is FaR superior to me there pretty similar, but theres definately more killing in splinter, at least since the third title, (I've beat em all:D ). And MGS does feel more loose and arcade like compared to splinter, to me I like em both as much, MGS a little more because of the movie like experience which I enjoy, splinter cell I like for gritty realism.

But to be honest the storyline in MGS1 is the only one to me that was amazing, 2 story was crap, 3 was ovecomplicated corny at times but pretty cool. MGS2 was good but the worst in the series, if you played 3 I think you would like the storyline more and less for the quantity of it. Also MGS2 was more simplistic than 3 but theres moments in 3 that have an extreme amount of shooting. If you havent played 1 or 3, and you had the oppurtunity to play one of them I would still play 1 maybe the Twin snakes on the NGC with improved graphics. But if you started with 2 its no wonder you're not a fan.

Although I dont think MGS4 will change youre mind complety based on what theyve said about the game thus far. But I think all PS3 owners who have some draw to the series should at least give the demo a shot, it may be the one that everyone plays who knows.

-I think I just jumbled youre opinion from the gta quote, But I also dont think its a bad game I just couldnt hack it I didnt like getting into it, only sandbox game Ive liked so far has been Mafia and shenmue1 and 2(if you can label them that I guess Mass effect would qualify then aswell)

No I dont wanna fight about batman begins:confused2 , ask rilynyl I get way too hyper and norotic about Batman begins discussions, I think I almost got banned:laugh:. Im too much a biased batfan, I even try to defend some of the poor dialogue to myself so I can defend it against others:laugh:

AsOneDead
04-03-2008, 01:44 AM
MGS and Batman Begins rule, that is all.

Sgt Taz
04-03-2008, 08:19 AM
MGS4 will be my reason for a PS3 purchase :thumbs2:

Hideo Kojima is a genius and the MGS games are all masterpieces imo :thumbs2:

Mangus
04-03-2008, 11:02 AM

Don't forget the god awful camera.

Doesn't matter to me if it comes to the 360 point is its not going to do for the PS3 what SONY hopes. Ever since the loss of GTA SONY has been preaching how GTA doesn't matter, they have other system sellers. LMFAO. I would say MAYBE FF moves a few systems and MAYBE MGS but outside of GTA all they got is grand turisom 5 to help them. And by the sounds of what their planning to do with GT5 it sounds like they've screwed that up.

snappahead
04-03-2008, 11:25 AM
I dont know how you can say splinter is FaR superior to me there pretty similar, but theres definately more killing in splinter, at least since the third title, (I've beat em all:D ). And MGS does feel more loose and arcade like compared to splinter, to me I like em both as much, MGS a little more because of the movie like experience which I enjoy, splinter cell I like for gritty realism.

But to be honest the storyline in MGS1 is the only one to me that was amazing, 2 story was crap, 3 was ovecomplicated corny at times but pretty cool. MGS2 was good but the worst in the series, if you played 3 I think you would like the storyline more and less for the quantity of it. Also MGS2 was more simplistic than 3 but theres moments in 3 that have an extreme amount of shooting. If you havent played 1 or 3, and you had the oppurtunity to play one of them I would still play 1 maybe the Twin snakes on the NGC with improved graphics. But if you started with 2 its no wonder you're not a fan.

Although I dont think MGS4 will change youre mind complety based on what theyve said about the game thus far. But I think all PS3 owners who have some draw to the series should at least give the demo a shot, it may be the one that everyone plays who knows.

-I think I just jumbled youre opinion from the gta quote, But I also dont think its a bad game I just couldnt hack it I didnt like getting into it, only sandbox game Ive liked so far has been Mafia and shenmue1 and 2(if you can label them that I guess Mass effect would qualify then aswell)

No I dont wanna fight about batman begins:confused2 , ask rilynyl I get way too hyper and norotic about Batman begins discussions, I think I almost got banned:laugh:. Im too much a biased batfan, I even try to defend some of the poor dialogue to myself so I can defend it against others:laugh:

I think SC is superior from a gameplay stand point. The level designs are better (giving you more options on how to approach the stealth) and your character has a lot more tricks in his bag. I'm only talking about the first two games though. Never played any after that. I respected what they were doing in SC, but still found that type of game tedious.

I made it about half way through the first MGS. Only played Snake Eater for a few minutes. The quality's always been there...they're just not my kind of game. What can you do.

My favorite sandbox game so far is Saint's Row. I didn't care for the subject matter, but it was fun. The controls (on foot) were way better than GTA which made all the difference for me. I also enjoyed Hulk Ultimate Destruction.

"Wanna fight about it?" is my new catchphrase...not meant to be personal Like everything else, movies are subjective and I left BB feeling cold. I'm a huge Bats fan too, but everyone sees movies differently. Didn't like the choice of villains (or how they were handled) and I didn't like how Bale looked in the suit. Still looking forward to seeing the new one. I just don't expect to be happy with it. Hopefully, I'm wrong.

Sgt Taz
04-03-2008, 12:19 PM
My favorite sandbox game so far is Saint's Row. I didn't care for the subject matter, but it was fun. The controls (on foot) were way better than GTA which made all the difference for me. I also enjoyed Hulk Ultimate Destruction.You are right about that but then again you should compare the games in the same time periods. I'm sure GTA4 will have excellent controls both on foot and in vehicles (always has) and so will Saints row2. But you are right, kudos to Saints row for perfecting the on foot controls.

On a side note, while I'm sure GTA4 will be king of the sandbox games, one thing Saints row 2 will have over it is the option to play the "single" player game cooperatively with a friend over live :thumbs2:

Mangus
04-03-2008, 12:34 PM
I think SC is superior from a gameplay stand point. The level designs are better (giving you more options on how to approach the stealth) and your character has a lot more tricks in his bag. I'm only talking about the first two games though. Never played any after that. I respected what they were doing in SC, but still found that type of game tedious.

I made it about half way through the first MGS. Only played Snake Eater for a few minutes. The quality's always been there...they're just not my kind of game. What can you do.

My favorite sandbox game so far is Saint's Row. I didn't care for the subject matter, but it was fun. The controls (on foot) were way better than GTA which made all the difference for me. I also enjoyed Hulk Ultimate Destruction.

"Wanna fight about it?" is my new catchphrase...not meant to be personal Like everything else, movies are subjective and I left BB feeling cold. I'm a huge Bats fan too, but everyone sees movies differently. Didn't like the choice of villains (or how they were handled) and I didn't like how Bale looked in the suit. Still looking forward to seeing the new one. I just don't expect to be happy with it. Hopefully, I'm wrong.

SC was great until double agent:thumbsdow

DSET
04-03-2008, 06:29 PM

I can hardly remember part 1,2, Ive played too much splinter, personally I liked part 3 the most and the story in pt4 was awesome. I agree there definately alot more sneaking and killing techniques in splinter compared to MGS, .
To start with stealth and RPGs were my favorite games but Im growing tired of stealth, assasins creed kind of bored me. Im liking RPGs more these days prolly cuz i get less of em. I love the FPS probably the most, but Im not drawn to it as much just because theres so much of it.

I never tried saints, Ill give the second one a shot though for sure:thumbs2: :thumbs2:
And Hulk Kicked ASS!!!, I wish all comic book games were that good, Spidey 2 was also pretyy good. Im hoping the iron man game is good it definately looks it, im not so sure about the new hulk game though.

I gurantee youl like TDK more than BB just because of the subject matter and the length they are taking this story to this time. I dont know if youl like it in general but I have a feeling youll think its better than the first for sure.

snappahead
04-03-2008, 10:38 PM
You are right about that but then again you should compare the games in the same time periods. I'm sure GTA4 will have excellent controls both on foot and in vehicles (always has) and so will Saints row2. But you are right, kudos to Saints row for perfecting the on foot controls.

On a side note, while I'm sure GTA4 will be king of the sandbox games, one thing Saints row 2 will have over it is the option to play the "single" player game cooperatively with a friend over live :thumbs2:

You're right. It's not fair to compare two games in terms of graphics from two different generations, but control is something else. The GTA series could've had the same control as Saint's Row from the start, but for whatever reason, they kept that clunky system in place for three games. The vehicle controls were always very solid though as you said.

I'll wait until I've had some time with GTA IV before I say it's the new king of sandboxes. Rockstar started the trend, but they've got a lot of competition nowadays to be the best. We'll soon find out.

snappahead
04-03-2008, 10:46 PM
I can hardly remember part 1,2, Ive played too much splinter, personally I liked part 3 the most and the story in pt4 was awesome. I agree there definately alot more sneaking and killing techniques in splinter compared to MGS, .
To start with stealth and RPGs were my favorite games but Im growing tired of stealth, assasins creed kind of bored me. Im liking RPGs more these days prolly cuz i get less of em. I love the FPS probably the most, but Im not drawn to it as much just because theres so much of it.

I never tried saints, Ill give the second one a shot though for sure:thumbs2: :thumbs2:
And Hulk Kicked ASS!!!, I wish all comic book games were that good, Spidey 2 was also pretyy good. Im hoping the iron man game is good it definately looks it, im not so sure about the new hulk game though.

I gurantee youl like TDK more than BB just because of the subject matter and the length they are taking this story to this time. I dont know if youl like it in general but I have a feeling youll think its better than the first for sure.

Hehe..yeah, you and I are different gamers in a lot of ways. I dig FPS games, but the only genre I hate more the rpgs is stealth hehe.

Hulk was just plain ol' fun and I played that thing to death. So satisfying. The new game...based on the footage I've seen, looks almost identical to Hulk UD to me..just prettier. It's too bad that the same developer isn't doing this game, but at least it looks like the new team were fans of UD and are borrowing heavily from it. I can only hope that it's up to par with UD, cause that game was a blast.

I think you'll be right about TDK. It's got the Joker (my all time favorite villain) and they've got all the origin stuff out of the way, so it almost has to be a better film for me. Pleeeaaasssseee be!!!!

Red X
04-04-2008, 01:21 AM
I just preordered the MGS4 Limited Edition today, comes with collectible metal box, including the game (duh) and a Blu-ray with two "Making of" documentaries; four chapters of the MGS4 graphic novel; and a Metal Gear Import Soundtrack. Plus, I get a MGS4 art book since I preordered at Gamestop!:buttrock:

BTW the story of MGS2 was really complex and hard to follow to some, basically they were trying to make Raiden into the new 'Snake" but basically simulating the Shadow Moses incident with the Big Shell one, only problem was that Solidus found out he was being played halfway through and everything started to go wrong from there. Plus they were trying to kill off Snake but kept him in the Raiden chapters as well. Plus a big part was cut out at the end ue to 9/11, so one minute your fighting Ray then the screen goes white, then your fighting solidus in Washington.

But I still like them in this order:
MGS, MGS3, MGS2

I thought MGS 3 had the most simple story. 2 was the most complex and the 1st had the the best. Who knows were MGS4 will place?

Bullseye
04-04-2008, 10:07 AM
Check out some of the graphics.

Tokyo Game Show - September 2007 Trailer (http://www.gametrailers.com/player/25139.html)

Solid Snake is back, as a clone of Big Boss he has aged rapidly into 'Old Snake'
http://www.tsurugi.co.uk/misc/ps3/metalgearsolid4/screens/10.jpg
A new threat: the GEKKO - machine body with strong, nimble organic legs
http://www.tsurugi.co.uk/misc/ps3/metalgearsolid4/screens/11.jpg
Close Quarters Combat returns from MGS3
http://www.tsurugi.co.uk/misc/ps3/metalgearsolid4/screens/1.jpg
Non lethal tools like this sleeping gas mine allow progression without killing

Bullseye
04-04-2008, 10:07 AM
http://www.tsurugi.co.uk/misc/ps3/metalgearsolid4/screens/2.jpg
Weapon customisation - a variety of ammo types can be chosen for many weapons now too
http://www.tsurugi.co.uk/misc/ps3/metalgearsolid4/screens/3.jpg
Scout ahead with Metal Gear Mk.II
http://www.tsurugi.co.uk/misc/ps3/metalgearsolid4/screens/4.jpg
Ninja Raiden and Vamp
http://www.tsurugi.co.uk/misc/ps3/metalgearsolid4/screens/5.jpg

Bullseye
04-04-2008, 10:08 AM
Sunny: "Her name was Olga ..my mother."
http://www.tsurugi.co.uk/misc/ps3/metalgearsolid4/screens/6.jpg
Rat Patrol Team 0: Ed, Meryl Silverburgh, Jonathan and Johnny Sasaki
http://www.tsurugi.co.uk/misc/ps3/metalgearsolid4/screens/7.jpg
Snake in Metal Gear REX: "LIQUID!"
http://www.tsurugi.co.uk/misc/ps3/metalgearsolid4/screens/8.jpg

Bullseye
04-04-2008, 10:08 AM
Liquid Ocelot in Metal Gear RAY: "BROTHERRR!"
http://www.tsurugi.co.uk/misc/ps3/metalgearsolid4/screens/9.jpg

Collection King 13
04-04-2008, 10:14 AM
Swwet! I cant wait to get this game!

Sgt Taz
04-04-2008, 10:49 AM
Looks like a Metal Gear vs Metal Gear boss battle :buttrock:

Those FROGG guards look ass kicking too :thumbs2:

AsOneDead
04-04-2008, 12:08 PM
That's smooth.

Red X
04-04-2008, 01:23 PM
This game is:

EPIC
:buttrock: :buttrock: :buttrock:

goodydog12
04-04-2008, 06:22 PM
Anyone get the beta yet? I gots mine last night!!:buttrock:

AsOneDead
04-12-2008, 06:47 AM
Interesting read on the online play..

http://www.eurogamer.net/article.php?article_id=93022

Red X
04-12-2008, 07:42 PM
Anyone get the beta yet? I gots mine last night!!:buttrock:

How so? Online or the disc, did you preorder the game?

AsOneDead
04-12-2008, 11:01 PM
If you pre-order the game you get a code which lets you download the beta, it should be out now.

twinzs
04-12-2008, 11:42 PM
Never got into this game which is too bad a lot of people love it

Red X
04-13-2008, 02:35 AM
If you pre-order the game you get a code which lets you download the beta, it should be out now.

I preordered through gamestop online and I didn't get a code?

AsOneDead
04-13-2008, 06:11 AM
I preordered through gamestop online and I didn't get a code?

Maybe they ran out or you got to pre-order at the actual store? I don't know how it works over there.

goodydog12
04-13-2008, 10:34 AM
I got mine at Game Crazy. It is on a disc called Metal Gear Saga Vol 2. It is a bonus disc that you should have gotten with the beta on it. The disc also has Metal Gear historic info on it. I don't know how limited the disc is, but it can be found on ebay right now.

goodydog12
04-13-2008, 10:35 AM
Never got into this game which is too bad a lot of people love it

There is a compilation game that just came out that has all of the games bundled together. You ought to check it out. Some of the best gaming out there.

Red X
04-13-2008, 04:25 PM
Maybe they ran out or you got to pre-order at the actual store? I don't know how it works over there.

Beats me? I'm just curious if I get one or not, I just e-mailed customer service.

goodydog12
04-17-2008, 06:53 PM
Anyone download the beta? It took all night!!

Red X
04-19-2008, 07:45 PM
Anyone download the beta? It took all night!!

It did? It took me 10 minutes to download.

I just got the disc and code today.:buttrock:

My Konami and Game ID have been confirmed, monday here I come!

The Fog
04-20-2008, 11:05 AM
MGS, I still love Syphon Filter, just re-bought the first MG, and now awaiting the NEW MGS4, this is my only reason to buy the PS3, or if the NEW Ironman game is worth it, and a new Ace Combat comes out.
Until MGS4 comes out, I'll still play Syphon Filter!!!

Sgt Taz
04-20-2008, 12:55 PM
MGS, I still love Syphon Filter, just re-bought the first MG, and now awaiting the NEW MGS4, this is my only reason to buy the PS3, or if the NEW Ironman game is worth it, and a new Ace Combat comes out.
Until MGS4 comes out, I'll still play Syphon Filter!!!Same here, that and as a BD player.

riderV3
04-20-2008, 08:39 PM
I don't give a crap who's getting it exclusive, I'm buying it, period.:buttrock:

abarron
04-21-2008, 03:41 AM
So is the beta any good??
Started downloading it last night

Red X
04-21-2008, 11:32 AM
So is the beta any good??
Started downloading it last night

What?

It got delayed due to Konami's servers sucking.

HelloKinky
04-21-2008, 01:29 PM
There's an article out on how Kojima is disappointed with this game and how he expected to go 10 steps forward with the PS3 and instead only really going 1. He was not impressed with what the hardware let them do graphically.

http://kotaku.com/381412/kojima-disappointed-with-metal-gear-solid-4

Sgt Taz
04-21-2008, 01:46 PM
There's an article out on how Kojima is disappointed with this game and how he expected to go 10 steps forward with the PS3 and instead only really going 1. He was not impressed with what the hardware let them do graphically.

Hmmm :peoples:

I think and hope that it's mainly Kojima's genius that makes him feel disapointed. The man is a game god and I worship him for it. Surely the game will be another masterpiece and if anything I hope his disapointment will make him rethink MGS4 being the last ever and he makes one more - be it on a next gen console (PS4, Xbox720?) so he can realize his dream of the (in his eyes) ultimate MGS game.

HelloKinky
04-21-2008, 01:50 PM
Well come on. From just looking at the trailers, it doesn't look anything AMAZING I mean it looks great really great but I expected more out of the PS3 to do. But what was more suprising is that he said they used up all the power it had and that's all it could do. That's more disappointing for a PS3 owner. Considering that most games have been on par graphically with the 360 which came out years before it, that's not good. I know the game will be good, but I understand where he's coming from and I've thought the same thing many times watching new games come out.

abarron
04-22-2008, 03:49 AM
The new camo suit looks cool.
Any ideas of the story line yet?
Can you play as both Snake and Raiden?

DSET
04-22-2008, 04:26 AM

ya i heard this a few days bak
-not sure what to think of it

HelloKinky
04-22-2008, 01:25 PM
He's known to be hard on himself but he said the game and all is fine, he's disappointed with the look of it, and that I can definitely see.

I mean there's even word that UT3 will be better on the 360 then the PS3 version. That's just not cool.

Red X
04-22-2008, 07:25 PM
It's not so much an PS3 vs. 360 thing. It's just that Kojima thought that this gens systems and the PS3 could do more, he just wanted to do all this stuff in which you just can't pull off with current technology.

I mean if they had to cut corners to fit it on a blu-ray, it would have to be on a 2 double layered discs it they ported to a 360...which they never will.

Kojima is hard on himself though.

Red X
04-22-2008, 07:28 PM
Well come on. From just looking at the trailers, it doesn't look anything AMAZING I mean it looks great really great but I expected more out of the PS3 to do. But what was more suprising is that he said they used up all the power it had and that's all it could do. That's more disappointing for a PS3 owner. Considering that most games have been on par graphically with the 360 which came out years before it, that's not good. I know the game will be good, but I understand where he's coming from and I've thought the same thing many times watching new games come out.

Well that's all they can pump out of it for now. As a system ages the games get better looking since developers learn to take advantage of the platform to squeeze every last ounce of performance out of machines. Twisting it in terms of the PS3 being maxed out and not being to keep up with the 360 is a ridiculous assumption.

DSET
04-23-2008, 01:25 AM

yes well gears and mass both used everything the 360 has, that doesnt mean they cant improve technology in the future so that games will and can run fuster, better engines will let games do more and more, the better the software the more capibility you can push out of your console. Same thing goes for ps3, KZ2 will likely mustard out more from the ps3 than MGs4 will but just because KZ2 may look and perform better than MGS4 doesnt mean that KZ2 had to use everything the system is capable of and even if they do that doesnt mean there cant be an increase in speed and graphics in the future, as new engines and dev kits come out there will be improvements in games.

HelloKinky
04-23-2008, 01:52 PM
It's not so much an PS3 vs. 360 thing. It's just that Kojima thought that this gens systems and the PS3 could do more, he just wanted to do all this stuff in which you just can't pull off with current technology.

I mean if they had to cut corners to fit it on a blu-ray, it would have to be on a 2 double layered discs it they ported to a 360...which they never will.

Kojima is hard on himself though.

That last post had nothing to do with MGS4, just that Unreal Tournament 3 will look better on the 360 then the PS3. How is that even remotely good when the system is pretty new? It should have more power to start with let alone have people already use what they can from it and from what we've see is the only thing we've gotten.

Well that's all they can pump out of it for now. As a system ages the games get better looking since developers learn to take advantage of the platform to squeeze every last ounce of performance out of machines. Twisting it in terms of the PS3 being maxed out and not being to keep up with the 360 is a ridiculous assumption.

It's not even an assumption, I mean Kojima said it. The 360 has had 3 years to get figured out by game developers, and Sony doesn't make it easy with their architecture in their hardware, I just hope it won't take that long as well.

yes well gears and mass both used everything the 360 has, that doesnt mean they cant improve technology in the future so that games will and can run fuster, better engines will let games do more and more, the better the software the more capibility you can push out of your console. Same thing goes for ps3, KZ2 will likely mustard out more from the ps3 than MGs4 will but just because KZ2 may look and perform better than MGS4 doesnt mean that KZ2 had to use everything the system is capable of and even if they do that doesnt mean there cant be an increase in speed and graphics in the future, as new engines and dev kits come out there will be improvements in games.

Yeah I mean look at COD4 that definitely pushed the 360 further up and is quite smooth. It does take time to find a way to really make use of the system and it did take the 360 a while before it got to where it's at. And for most people it really hit it's stride once Gears came out. So I'll admit it will take a while but I thought for since it being a new system, FROM THE START it would produce better looking games. It's disappointing to me and apparently Kojima as well. Just my thoughts.

But this is all suited for another thread, this one is for MGS4 only so I'll back out gracefully =)

goodydog12
04-26-2008, 10:02 AM
Anyone play the beta last night? It is sweet!!!:buttrock:

Level.2
05-19-2008, 08:13 PM
The VERY Limited Edition "Gun Metal" MGS4 PS3 Bundle is for sale on konami's site. Better hope to get in, it's a slow mess.

Sniper
05-19-2008, 08:55 PM
when the hell is the 100 GB PS3 coming out!