PDA

View Full Version : Should Peter Jackson do The Hobbit movie?

The General
02-14-2005, 01:25 AM
I know this thread doesn't belong here but I wanted the LOTR masses to vote on this. I don't think there's that much traffic in the movie section.

Anyway I definitely think that Peter Jackson should do it, and fast. Within the next 5 years he should make it happen. Has anyone heard or read anything on this topic? I wonder if he has plans on doing it. The book is awesome and would make an incredible movie. He can use some of the same actors as well. IMO he has to do the Hobbit to really complete the story.

Anyway, like Aragorn told those dead AC’s….. What say you????

Ghost
02-14-2005, 01:27 AM
New Line talked about it, cause there's a huge cult petition going on for it, and they say it's a go if Pete's up too it after he's done making King Kong and his other flick he's working on I believe. I would definitely would want it done.

Smaug: The new Balrog!!!! Yess!!! :buttrock:

ickwinzs
02-14-2005, 01:27 AM
I thought it was said he was doing the movie?

The General
02-14-2005, 01:30 AM
I thought it was said he was doing the movie?
My understanding is that he seems to not want to. Don't know why, it's guaranteed another Oscar for him.

Ghost
02-14-2005, 01:33 AM
In the words of Seinfeld, "That's a shame."

ickwinzs
02-14-2005, 01:41 AM
no Kidding after the trilogy only he could pull it off!!

Ghost
02-14-2005, 01:54 AM
Yeah anyone else doing it, just wouldn't feel right.

Zurbaran1
02-14-2005, 02:01 AM
Hell yes, and he will.

Comicboy
02-14-2005, 02:10 AM
I hope so. It needs to be done! Talk about instant moola, Oscar, awards out the yin yang. All he needs to do is shake his head. People so want to see this.

Wayne Industries
02-14-2005, 02:10 AM
no doubt about it.....

Comicboy
02-14-2005, 02:12 AM
Can you imagine hearing that?!? "No I dont think I want to make a bazillion dollars or have my name go down in history. I think I'll pass."

grendelscott
02-14-2005, 02:27 AM
Anyway, like Aragorn told those dead AC’s….. What say you????

Oh, great. Now you're comparing us to dead assclowns.

I did see an interview about King Kong with him, and they asked about this topic. He said he would like to, and the fact that a lot of the set construction from the trilogy could be used would work in their favor. I wouldn't be surprised to hear them say it's a go after King Kong wraps...

Sniper
02-14-2005, 02:32 AM
I say yes

The General
02-14-2005, 10:18 AM
Hell yes, and he will.
Did you read some where that he's going to do it?

Oh, great. Now you're comparing us to dead assclowns.
:laugh: Sorry Grendel, didn't mean it that way.

Zurbaran1
02-14-2005, 10:19 AM
Did you read some where that he's going to do it?

He told me personally. Nice guy.

Zurbaran1
02-14-2005, 10:20 AM
I say yes

Well if that doesn't cinch it, nothing will :D

The General
02-14-2005, 10:20 AM
He told me personally. Nice guy.
Don't make me rebuke you Zurby. :mad:
Did you read that somewhere?

madjazz
02-14-2005, 10:43 AM
Maybe he's just scared of being compared to himself. LOTR set the bar pretty high.

The General
02-14-2005, 10:45 AM
Maybe he's just scared of being compared to himself. LOTR set the bar pretty high.
That's what I think it is.

SithLord11572
02-14-2005, 11:00 AM
he better do it before Ian MCKellan dies...then theres no Gandalf

The General
02-14-2005, 01:34 PM
he better do it before Ian MCKellan dies...then theres no Gandalf
Yeah, I don't want to see some other AC do Gandalf.

nbr3bagshotrow
02-14-2005, 01:39 PM
This Hobbit says "No one could do The Hobbit like Peter Jackson"!

Quite honestly, I can't believe they did LOTR before The Hobbit.

madjazz
I bet Patrick Stewart could pull off Gandalf.

Bullseye
Yes. After King Kong.

nbr3bagshotrow
02-14-2005, 01:42 PM
I bet Patrick Stewart could pull off Gandalf.
I agree, and considering Gandalf was like 40 years younger in "The Hobbit" it could make sense.

Bullseye
02-14-2005, 01:51 PM
Is someone going to compile a list of actors to play each character?

Confessor
02-14-2005, 02:25 PM
(A while back) I heard that he was indeed gonna do it and with Ian McKellen reprising his role.

Ghost
02-14-2005, 04:12 PM
I think after you have established characters like Bilbo (after the ring) and Gimli, it'd be great to see, how Bilbo was before it had all started, before he became all adventurous.
Same with Gimli to see his father Gloin in action to see how arrogant or not he would be. And to see more dwarves cause frankly I think they're one of the kewlest races on Middle-Earth. Watching Thorin lead them all, seeing them fight in the Battle of the 5 races, Eagles vs. Wolves, Orcs, Dwarves and Men. And watching Bard shoot the lead arrow straight into Smaug's hide. I think they can outdo the great battles shown in the trilogy. Even though I think Ian Holm is just a bit too old to reprise his role, it wouldn't be hard to find another.

Ghost
02-14-2005, 04:13 PM
Alas, no. Peter Jackson already announced that he's going to be filming The Lovely Bones after King Kong.

What's The Lovely Bones, you ask? Oh, a sweet tale dealing with a lovely subject. It's a story narrated from heaven by a 14-year-old girl who has been raped and murdered. She looks down from heaven and witnesses how her family/friends and other people deal with the tragedy.

I for one don't like those kinds of stories. There's enough vile madness in the real world to put up with.

Yeah that's what I read in EW and on Sideshow. It's like he's going back to do films like Heavenly Creatures or something. That is a sad tale though. I wonder how King Kong will be though.

Bullseye
02-14-2005, 04:19 PM
Jackson before LoTR made some off the wall gore fests. Heavenly Creatures was a very dreamy type of film. Its hard to believe they were made by the same director. But the same could be said about Rami before he did Spider-man.

RickDTM
02-14-2005, 04:19 PM
While I think Jackson has earned the right to make whatever he pleases at this point, I for one could care less about these two movies. King Kong has been made many a time in one form of the other, and The Lovely Bones sounds too depressing to think about. While I'm sure he's bloody well tired of LOTR things, I really hope his love for Tolkien gets rekindled at some point.

My .02

Bullseye
02-14-2005, 04:21 PM
Jackson also seem reluctant to leave NZ. So offers to him maybe limited.

silverageguy
02-14-2005, 04:27 PM
After the LOTR trilogy, "The Hobbit" should be a piece of cake!
Of course Peter Jackson should do it. He has the exact right take on these characters and is in the perfect location to pull it off.
Plus he knows the exact tone of story-telling needed to bring the stories to the big screen.

Do it, Peter!

Ghost
02-14-2005, 04:27 PM
Jackson before LoTR made some off the wall gore fests. Heavenly Creatures was a very dreamy type of film. Its hard to believe they were made by the same director. But the same could be said about Rami before he did Spider-man.

Hell yeah Dead Alive! And Meet the Feebles! Those movies rocked! Not to mention I loved the Frighteners. I thought it was really funny.

Bullseye
02-14-2005, 04:29 PM
Have you seen Bad Taste?

Ghost
02-14-2005, 04:30 PM
Have you seen Bad Taste?

Nope that's like so far the only one I haven't seen. Never found it at any video shops around here, I can find it online, but I wouldn't buy a flick I've yet to see. What's it about?

Bullseye
02-14-2005, 04:33 PM
I've seen it in the local video store but never got around to looking at it. Must check it out.

Ghost
02-14-2005, 04:36 PM
I've seen it in the local video store but never got around to looking at it. Must check it out.

I just read the description again. Bout a town in NZ that gets taken over by aliens that want to make humans as part of their next fast food chain, and these guys from some space program come out to investigate and take them out. The cover looks very funny.

wktf
02-14-2005, 04:58 PM
No question, a Peter Jackson "The Hobbit" would put butts in seats! What else could the studio want? And, it'd be a GREAT film. Would love to see his take on Smaug, the nasty old worm!! We've already seen what he can do with giant spiders!

Ghost
02-14-2005, 04:59 PM
No question, a Peter Jackson "The Hobbit" would put butts in seats! What else could the studio want? And, it'd be a GREAT film. Would love to see his take on Smaug, the nasty old worm!! We've already seen what he can do with giant spiders!

WURM!!! He's not to be compared to those that live in the dirt! Although Smaug did live in a mountain....

wktf
02-14-2005, 06:09 PM
WURM!!! He's not to be compared to those that live in the dirt! Although Smaug did live in a mountain....
Sorry, Ghost. I'll go back to my Tolkein for reference next time!

nbr3bagshotrow
02-14-2005, 06:15 PM
Have you seen Bad Taste?
Everytime I see Zurb.

Bullseye
02-14-2005, 06:16 PM
Everytime I see Zurb.
:laugh: :laugh: