PDA

View Full Version : Recommended Games For PS3...

Collection King 13
01-20-2008, 03:09 PM
What games do you guys recommend?
I own:
COD 4
Assasins Creed

I am thinking about ordering:
Unreal Tournament III
Fight Night Round 3
Ninja Gaiden Sigma

but I want to order some others...

Thanks for the Help! :buttrock:

Collection King 13
01-20-2008, 03:19 PM
Oh... and I am pre-ordering GTA IV and MGS 4....

DSET
01-20-2008, 03:22 PM
UNCHARTED

by far my fav game on the console
graphics wise easily in the top 3 for console graphics

gameplay wise its gears of war meets tomb raider

story wise probably the best action story in any game most movie like story and cinematography in any game

unreal 3 is a great game its extremely fast paced if you liked any of the previous ones youl love this

Ratchet and clank
i played the demo and loved it i havent botherd to play the game yet probably will this summer

if you like ninja gaiden chances are DMC4 will be just as good or better comes out feb5th

snappahead
01-20-2008, 04:15 PM
I'm more than half way through Ratchet and Clank and it's been a blast for the most part. I'm not a big fan of the space shooting parts, but the normal levels are as good as R&C have ever been IMO. Very fun game.

goodydog12
01-20-2008, 04:22 PM
I really like warhawk. Its online only though.

gcamm
01-20-2008, 04:31 PM
Uncharted - Beautiful game, great story. It really draws you in.
Ratchet and Clank - I played through it again right after I finished it the first time. I never do that.
Resistance: Fall of Man - Great shooter.

The Orange Box - I played this one on the 360, but I can't imagine it being that much different on the PS3. It's Half-Life...what else is there to say?

Collection King 13
01-20-2008, 06:35 PM
Thanks guys!

Red X
01-20-2008, 06:47 PM
Uncharted
Heavenly Sword
Resistance (which after COD4 may not impress graphically but is a great shooter none-the-less)
Ninja Gaiden Sigma is awesome but extremely tough.
Burnout Paradise
Virtua Fighter 5
UT3
Warhawk
TimeShift
ratchet & Clank Future

Better yet let me make a list of games to stay away from:
The Darkness
Blacksite Area 51
Kane & Lynch
Jericho
Turok

Collection King 13
01-20-2008, 08:05 PM
Thanks... Any other games I should stay away from?

DSET
01-21-2008, 09:57 AM
steer clear of LAIR:(

abarron
01-21-2008, 10:43 AM
Resistance
Motorstorm
Assains Creed
Uncharted

Collection King 13
01-21-2008, 10:55 AM
My 80gb is coming today with Motorstorm! :buttrock:

biglebowski9999
01-21-2008, 01:24 PM
COD4- 9.5
Assassin's Creed- 8.5 (although somewhat repetitive)
Ninja Gaiden- 9.0
Resistance- 9.0

Heard good things about Warhawk, Uncharted, Oblivion & Heavenly Sword (although it's really short).

Collection King 13
01-21-2008, 01:45 PM
Here's what I ordered:
GTA IV (preorder)
MGS 4 (preorder)
Warhawk
Uncharted
Unreal Tournament III
Fight Night Round 3
Time Crisis 4 w/Guncon 3

Next game I will probably order is Burnout Paridise.

Red X
01-21-2008, 01:50 PM
Here's what I ordered:
GTA IV (preorder)
MGS 4 (preorder)
Warhawk
Uncharted
Unreal Tournament III
Fight Night Round 3
Time Crisis 4 w/Guncon 3

I also ordered the PS3 Intercooler...

Intercooler? Um..don't worry the PS3 doesn't overheat like the 360 does, prob a useless purchase.

But you should also preorder or make sure you get: Metal Gear Solid 4, Killzone 2, Resistance 2, Haze, Soul Caliber IV, Street Fighter IV, Devil May Cry IV, Tekken 6, Star Wars: Force Unleashed, Ghostbusters, Lego Indiana Jones, Lego Batman, Final Fantasy XIII. Final Fantasy XIII Versus, and Resident Evil 5.

Collection King 13
01-21-2008, 01:54 PM
Intercooler? Um..don't worry the PS3 doesn't overheat like the 360 does, prob a useless purchase.

But you should also preorder or make sure you get: Metal Gear Solid 4, Killzone 2, Resistance 2, Haze, Soul Caliber IV, Street Fighter IV, Devil May Cry IV, Tekken 6, Star Wars: Force Unleashed, Ghostbusters, Lego Indiana Jones, Lego Batman, Final Fantasy XIII. Final Fantasy XIII Versus, and Resident Evil 5.

I just cancelled it... :D

Thanks! :thumbs2:

Collection King 13
01-21-2008, 03:00 PM
Hows The Simpsons Game?

cougartrace
01-21-2008, 03:03 PM

Correction: It doesn't heat up like the old 360's do/did. The new 360's and elite models don't have this issue.

Red X
01-21-2008, 05:02 PM
Correction: It doesn't heat up like the old 360's do/did. The new 360's and elite models don't have this issue.

Give them time, they will....eventually...

It is microsoft after all.

Collection King 13
01-21-2008, 05:07 PM
Hows Strangehold?

Red X
01-21-2008, 05:31 PM
Hows Strangehold?

Ok at best, there's a demo of it available through the PSN store as well as demos of Heavenly Sword, Uncharted, Ratchet, Resistance, Burnout Paradise, Timeshift, and others...

The Turok, Kane & Lynch, and Area 51 demos suck.

Collection King 13
01-21-2008, 05:34 PM
what about the Simpsons Game?

Red X
01-21-2008, 05:43 PM
what about the Simpsons Game?

That demo is available, it's not bad, I still have it on mine....and I have the puzzle fighter demo, ridge racer, and super rub a' dub for the girlfriend.

Collection King 13
01-21-2008, 07:46 PM
Cool! THanks!

CocoPUFF
01-21-2008, 11:19 PM
Resistance!:buttrock:
Heavenly Sword!:buttrock:

abarron
01-22-2008, 06:05 AM
The Turok, Kane & Lynch, and Area 51 demos suck.

Yeah Kane & Lynch sucks
I was gonna check out Turok but i had it on the PS2 and that sucked monkey balls so i guess they haven't improved it for the PS3

Heavenly Sword is pretty good. The graphics are awesome but it is a little short

Ink
01-22-2008, 07:03 AM
I think kane and lynch is just a bad game all around, for both systems

Spatial.Archite
01-22-2008, 11:25 AM
Give them time, they will....eventually...

It is microsoft after all.

One could say the same thing about the PS3 given Sony's history with video game systems. The Xbox 360's failure rate is hovering around 10% according to the recent news, the PS2's failure rate was above 15% and I believe Sony lost the class-action lawsuit that ensued (either that or they settled). Didn't Sony recalled the initial batch of PS2 slims because of overheating issues?

Then there was the PSP dead-pixel problem, not to mention the original Playstation had its own share of issues as well.

Overall I'd say Microsoft's handling the Xbox 360 issue much better than Sony's handled their hardware issue; by "handle" Sony denied the problem completely. Despite that, Sony's made leaps and bounds in the way of hardware reliability; the PS3's failure rate is under 1% which impresses me even more considering you have the option to switch out the hard drive. An excellent piece of hardware indeed.

Bullseye
01-22-2008, 11:51 AM
Lets keep this on topic guys.

snappahead
01-22-2008, 12:03 PM
Lets keep this on topic guys.

As always, Red X's contribution to a thread is invaluable.

I'm almost at the end of Ratchet and Clank. It's been a blast. My favorite game so far on the PS3. Still not better than "Going Commando" which is my fav R&C game, but a worthy sequel to one of my favorite game series. I could do without the forced Sixxasis elements though. Using that thing is like using the analogue stick with your toes. Doable, but not practical.

CocoPUFF
01-22-2008, 01:31 PM
LAIR was ok...but I have to be honest...Gorgeous graphics...but the inability to use the stupid sixxaxis controller for the dragon has left me unwilling to play that game anymore. I didn't get past the 3rd level.

Collection King 13
01-25-2008, 08:43 PM
Here's what I ordered:
GTA IV (preorder)
MGS 4 (preorder)
Warhawk
Uncharted
Unreal Tournament III
Fight Night Round 3
Time Crisis 4 w/Guncon 3

I also ordered The Simpsons Game... and I am thinking about ordering Blazing Angels II...

I am going to order Burnout Paridise next week! :buttrock:

Sgt Taz
01-25-2008, 09:35 PM
I'm playing Blazing angels 2 at the moment. It's an ok game but what made me get it is the possibility to do the campaign missions in coop with up to 4 players - that on top of the usual deathmatch and capture the flag games and whatnot.

ansel39
01-27-2008, 11:32 PM
just don't get guitar hero III. i bought the ps3 today got ninja gaiden and guitar hero III and the wife who hates video games by the way took over the machine. :banghead:

Red X
01-28-2008, 12:26 AM
No worries, I hate Guitar Hero.:buttrock:

biglebowski9999
01-28-2008, 09:40 AM
No worries, I hate Guitar Hero.:buttrock:

Ditto. I never got that whole phenomena.

Collection King 13
01-28-2008, 11:33 AM
just don't get guitar hero III. i bought the ps3 today got ninja gaiden and guitar hero III and the wife who hates video games by the way took over the machine. :banghead:

:laugh:

All of my friends tell me that Guitar Hero is addictive... LOL!!! also my fiance is getting into COD4! :thumbs2:

biglebowski9999
01-28-2008, 11:55 AM
COD4 is the most addictive game I have ever played. I don't know when I will get sick of it. I wish I would as I have not given nearly enough attention to Assassin's Creed or Ninja Gaiden yet.

Collection King 13
01-28-2008, 11:58 AM
COD4 is the most addictive game I have ever played. I don't know when I will get sick of it. I wish I would as I have not given nearly enough attention to Assassin's Creed or Ninja Gaiden yet.

YEs it is!!!! :buttrock:

ansel39
01-28-2008, 01:58 PM

is iCOD4 an online game. I just got everything yesterday. sadly i bought the PS3 at 3 and had to take it back around 6 cause the first one did not work. so by the time i got home and hooked it up it was 8 then my wife got on guitar hero. i finnaly got on it around 9:30 and i had to be at work early so all i really got to was get it connect to the internet and update it. :banghead:

biglebowski9999
01-28-2008, 02:07 PM
is iCOD4 an online game. I just got everything yesterday. sadly i bought the PS3 at 3 and had to take it back around 6 cause the first one did not work. so by the time i got home and hooked it up it was 8 then my wife got on guitar hero. i finnaly got on it around 9:30 and i had to be at work early so all i really got to was get it connect to the internet and update it. :banghead:

Yep, online is the best part of COD4. The campaign (single-player story mode) is outstanding but it is also very short. Basically, because they know most people are just concerned w/ playing it online.

ansel39
01-28-2008, 02:14 PM
Yep, online is the best part of COD4. The campaign (single-player story mode) is outstanding but it is also very short. Basically, because they know most people are just concerned w/ playing it online.

may be my next game then:thumbs2:

Collection King 13
01-28-2008, 02:15 PM
Ansel COD4 is very addictive!

ansel39
01-28-2008, 02:46 PM
Ansel COD4 is very addictive!

i have some methedone. to get me off it is called an angry spainish wife telling me to get off the game. I use to play counterstrike on my comp she got me off that. Then i played lineage II and she got me off that. i do not see a problem.

Collection King 13
01-28-2008, 02:52 PM
i have some methedone. to get me off it is called an angry spainish wife telling me to get off the game. I use to play counterstrike on my comp she got me off that. Then i played lineage II and she got me off that. i do not see a problem.

:laugh:

Johnneeukca
01-28-2008, 04:17 PM

That's a shame. I'd like to see an expanded single player rather than specifically develop the multiplayer angle. Guess it's $65 staying in my pocket then.

HelloKinky
01-28-2008, 04:25 PM
I recommend you get a different gaming system hah!

I kid. Um. Nothing comes to mind since everyone else has named it all. Mainly most of the good stuff is still to come. Aside from what's already been out.

Red X
01-28-2008, 05:57 PM
If you own a PS3 and don't own call of duty, you are a fool.

And not a true gamer, please go kick yourself in the junk.

ansel39
01-28-2008, 06:53 PM

i think that red x marks the spot i should kick.:stick: i just got the machine yesterday. me not owning that game is not the reason i ama fool

oh wait what i am not a fool:banghead:

Primal
01-28-2008, 07:52 PM
Zelda Twilight Princess, Super Mario Galaxy & Guitar Hero 3.

biglebowski9999
01-29-2008, 09:43 AM

:buttrock:

abarron
01-29-2008, 09:59 AM
COD 4 does rule.
The multi-player is so addictive. I am trying to complete the bonus stuff to improve my ranking

Johnneeukca
01-29-2008, 12:48 PM

Well, I guess I'm a fool. And definitely not a "true gamer". We all get our machines for our own reason. I play mine (maybe) a couple of hours a week). And while I'm happy to play with a couple of buddies over I'm just not interested in spending hours on online play.

HelloKinky
01-29-2008, 04:42 PM
Well then like you said you are a fool :p

biglebowski9999
02-04-2008, 01:14 PM
Amazon has Warhawk w/ the BT headset for $40 today only as their deal of the day. You can dl the full game on PSN for $40 but I have been waiting for a deal to get the headset, too, as I need for COD4 as well. Not a bad deal, heard Warhawk is awesome.

Collection King 13
02-04-2008, 01:32 PM
I didnt order Burnout cause it doesnt have the 2 player split screen option... :banghead:

HelloKinky
02-04-2008, 03:59 PM

Do they really? Who said that? I highly doubt that. If that were so they could have just released a multiplayer version of it like Shadowrun and be done with singleplayer modes :rolleyes:

I love multiplayer but also prefer a nice long story mode overall.

biglebowski9999
02-04-2008, 04:57 PM
Do they really? Who said that? I highly doubt that. If that were so they could have just released a multiplayer version of it like Shadowrun and be done with singleplayer modes :rolleyes:

I love multiplayer but also prefer a nice long story mode overall.

I've seen many people in gaming forums say they didn't even bother playing the campaign and went right to the multiplayer (also, of my 6 local friends that play it, only 2 of us played the campaign). Your preferences notwithstanding, more gamers are concerned w/ online play, believe me.

Red X
02-04-2008, 05:29 PM
Well, I guess I'm a fool. And definitely not a "true gamer". We all get our machines for our own reason. I play mine (maybe) a couple of hours a week). And while I'm happy to play with a couple of buddies over I'm just not interested in spending hours on online play.

Shoulda stuck with a wii then!:thumbs2:

HelloKinky
02-04-2008, 05:49 PM
I've seen many people in gaming forums say they didn't even bother playing the campaign and went right to the multiplayer (also, of my 6 local friends that play it, only 2 of us played the campaign). Your preferences notwithstanding, more gamers are concerned w/ online play, believe me.

yeah cause 6 people makes up the majority of the gaming community :rolleyes: I love online play but I also know many people that hate it and hate dealing with the people on there so they prefer single player so hmm....

I'm the middle ground person I prefer having both, but equal amounts of both.

Sgt Taz
02-05-2008, 01:31 AM
I'm the middle ground person I prefer having both, but equal amounts of both.Me too kinda, I prefer both at the same time, meaning coop campaign. Games like Army of two, RBS Vegas2, Saints Row2, Gears of War, Halo3.

Red X
02-05-2008, 01:52 AM
I buy games for the online multiplayer and the campaign is an extra bonus when I don't feel like playing online....I think I'm the opposite of most people...as I see the main campaigns as the side dish and the online play as the main, meaty course. :buttrock:

biglebowski9999
02-05-2008, 05:56 AM
yeah cause 6 people makes up the majority of the gaming community :rolleyes: I love online play but I also know many people that hate it and hate dealing with the people on there so they prefer single player so hmm....

I'm the middle ground person I prefer having both, but equal amounts of both.

Yeah, cuz' that's exactly what I said.:rolleyes2

snappahead
02-05-2008, 06:45 AM
You can put me in the single player category too. Online's ok, but it gets old fast. For me anyways. Too many douche bags and little kids making it hard to enjoy. That and there's only so many ways you can frag someone before you start to feel the repetition. In small doses, I can have fun, but online is definitely just a bonus for me.

HelloKinky
02-05-2008, 04:50 PM
You can put me in the single player category too. Online's ok, but it gets old fast. For me anyways. Too many douche bags and little kids making it hard to enjoy. That and there's only so many ways you can frag someone before you start to feel the repetition. In small doses, I can have fun, but online is definitely just a bonus for me.

Yeah like I can constantly fight and fight, and for me it's fun. But I know most of my friends will not play online unless it's with other friends. They always ask me why I get a game for another system or PC when they can't play me and I'm like uh well you're not the only person out there to play I rather play a ton of people then sit and wait for someone off my list to come on.
But DM after DM, does get a bit tiring. Objective based stuff makes it more entertaining. Microsoft is really pushing the online aspect of it, just like how games are starting to be all online, either multiplayer or co op but yet there's no multiplayer locally like in Burnout Paradise. That's pretty wack.

Red X
02-05-2008, 09:33 PM
Yeah like I can constantly fight and fight, and for me it's fun. But I know most of my friends will not play online unless it's with other friends. They always ask me why I get a game for another system or PC when they can't play me and I'm like uh well you're not the only person out there to play I rather play a ton of people then sit and wait for someone off my list to come on.
But DM after DM, does get a bit tiring. Objective based stuff makes it more entertaining. Microsoft is really pushing the online aspect of it, just like how games are starting to be all online, either multiplayer or co op but yet there's no multiplayer locally like in Burnout Paradise. That's pretty wack.

What I like about COD4 is it has some many different types or games and matches, that when you've played alot of TDM you can switch it up with a objective based team game, old school, free for all, and 1v1, just to name a few, plus you keep unlocking new prestige modes. It's an awesome online game.

DSET
02-07-2008, 04:09 PM
On a diff note
I just got my Dual shock 3 controller
Differences
its heavier the thumb sticks are 3-5% more stiff
And it rumbles

Decent upgrade on the original
I’m still hoping they someday get rid of the triggers