PDA

View Full Version : Console nightmare!

RichBamf
01-28-2008, 04:35 PM
So a week before Christmas, my 360 gets the red ring of death.

Never mind, we've got a PS2, PS3 and a Wii.

So a week ago the PS3 gives out, I could smell burning and the thing just pumped out black smoke! :banghead:

Yesterday, Vicki is playing the Wii, and changes wii sports for Mario Galaxy. We get a screen pop up that says 'disc error'. we tried it for three hours, no joy, the thing just won't read discs anymore.

So I sent the PS3 back for a refund (still in seller guarantee), i won't be getting another, I was disappointed with the console to be honest.

I'm sending the Wii back tomorrow, but I may have to wait three months for a replacement, surprise-they're sold out everywhere.

I was told this morning I'd have to wait 6 months for my Xbox to get repaired.

Next generation consoles my arse! :banghead: :bawling:

Collection King 13
01-28-2008, 04:50 PM
So a week before Christmas, my 360 gets the red ring of death.

Never mind, we've got a PS2, PS3 and a Wii.

So a week ago the PS3 gives out, I could smell burning and the thing just pumped out black smoke! :banghead:

Yesterday, Vicki is playing the Wii, and changes wii sports for Mario Galaxy. We get a screen pop up that says 'disc error'. we tried it for three hours, no joy, the thing just won't read discs anymore.

So I sent the PS3 back for a refund (still in seller guarantee), i won't be getting another, I was disappointed with the console to be honest.

I'm sending the Wii back tomorrow, but I may have to wait three months for a replacement, surprise-they're sold out everywhere.

I was told this morning I'd have to wait 6 months for my Xbox to get repaired.

Next generation consoles my arse! :banghead: :bawling:

WOW!!! That Sux!!!! :banghead:

RichBamf
01-28-2008, 04:55 PM
WOW!!! That Sux!!!! :banghead:

I'm soooo bored! :bawling:

I'm going to buy an elite this weekend, and wait for the Wii to be replaced...:(

HelloKinky
01-28-2008, 04:56 PM
Wii's get repaired, they're under warranty. I had mine make a weird sound and sent it in, had it back within a week in working condition. Usually they there at the repair shop will swap it with new hardware. You can do this or get a brand new one if you're still under your shop's warranty, as I was but I had many VC games on it so I wanted them to repair it so I wouldn't have lost all that cash on those games.

Red X
01-28-2008, 05:54 PM
I think you need to be kinder to your machines.

feste
01-28-2008, 05:57 PM
Wow, what terrible luck. Time to fire up that Dreamcast. Ol' reliable. Little Shenmue will do you good.

Juggernaut
01-28-2008, 06:27 PM
That sucks and blows dude.

ansel39
01-28-2008, 06:54 PM
Wow, what terrible luck. Time to fire up that Dreamcast. Ol' reliable. Little Shenmue will do you good.

i still got mine and it works.:buttrock:

ansel39
01-28-2008, 06:54 PM
That sucks and blows dude.

hermophrodyte.

RichBamf
01-28-2008, 06:56 PM
i still got mine and it works.:buttrock:

Hell, I've got my NES, and my SNES, and they BOTH still work. :thumbs2:

This super gen consoles are like mobile phones, the more they put in them, the more can go wrong with them! :banghead:

Ink
01-28-2008, 07:30 PM

ditto. bass fishing for me though :thumbs2:

Primal
01-28-2008, 07:49 PM
The heck with bad luck, Rich.

You probably live in some sorta oven or static nightmare the way you're frying your consoles like that.

Sinatra VonDoom
01-28-2008, 09:33 PM
So sorry to hear about that run of bad luck, thats some Twilight Zone business. Why so long to get the 360 fixed? thats just crazy. Until then you will just have to go old school.
http://i214.photobucket.com/albums/cc57/major237/pball.jpg

DSET
01-28-2008, 10:36 PM
sorry to hear about this

this is just plain Bad luck in my opinion

I got a launch 360 hitatchi drive(the one that has majority of problems)
ive alterd it and i even dropped it once
and its still going just fine

my brother bought one this christmas and its already returned for RROD

youre the first ive heard of having a ps3 die on them, i dont know anyone whose had a defective model, not one person.

DSET
01-28-2008, 10:40 PM
best GAME EVER!!!:buttrock: :buttrock:

Spatial.Archite
01-28-2008, 10:50 PM
sorry to hear about this

this is just plain Bad luck in my opinion

I got a launch 360 hitatchi drive(the one that has majority of problems)
ive alterd it and i even dropped it once
and its still going just fine

my brother bought one this christmas and its already returned for RROD

youre the first ive heard of having a ps3 die on them, i dont know anyone whose had a defective model, not one person.

Mine hasn't died on me exactly, but it'll play a disc for half an hour or so then stops and gives me an error that the disc is unplayable. Sent an email out to Sony tech support which, my reply told me to not sit it on my carpet (which it's on the glass shelf of my TV stand) and that it wouldn't play PS2 (40 GB model) games???

Do you think tech support actually reads the emails (all tech support, not just Sony)? When I get out of work I'm going to try sitting it upright; that should help keep it running cooler if overheating is the issue. It just sucks that I can't watch any of my Blu-Ray movies.

Two 360s and no issues thus far despite the 10 - 30% failure rate. The PS3 has less than a 1% failure rate and mine is having issues... it's irritating.

joefixit2
01-28-2008, 10:58 PM
why is it so long for the X-box? I thought they were turning them around in a month?

Ink
01-28-2008, 11:08 PM
why is it so long for the X-box? I thought they were turning them around in a month?

gotta ship it all the way to texas I guess

IronFist
01-29-2008, 08:49 AM

My question, exactly. I've sent in two 360s for repair and always had them back within 6 weeks. Is there any explanation as to why it's going to take half a year to get yours fixed?

rychehitman
01-29-2008, 09:02 AM
I am so very happy with my N-64! I finally found my old Mario Kart game, and have been racing daily ever since!!!

Sgt Taz
01-29-2008, 09:21 AM
Wow, what terrible luck. Time to fire up that Dreamcast. Ol' reliable. Little Shenmue will do you good.:buttrock:

Barbarian
01-29-2008, 09:22 AM

From experience I know that's only an estimate. I'm still waiting for mine to be fixed/replaced and returned. It's been a bit over a month, and I have 2 new friggin' games awaiting some serious playing. It's not that long really, but seriously!... :banghead:

Barbarian
01-29-2008, 09:23 AM

:buttrock:

Two words...SOOOOOOUUUL CAAAALIBUUUUUR!!!:buttrock:

abarron
01-29-2008, 09:27 AM
Damn that sucks
3 consoles dying on you

Sgt Taz
01-29-2008, 09:50 AM
Two words...SOOOOOOUUUL CAAAALIBUUUUUR!!!:buttrock::buttrock:

So many top games on that console it's a shame it never got what it deserved... but yeah that's one of the very best right there :thumbs2:

RichBamf
01-29-2008, 09:58 AM

We have the european repair centre here in Britain.

I phoned them this morning and they're putting a rush job on it, should be ready in 2-3 weeks! :buttrock:

biglebowski9999
01-29-2008, 11:55 AM
Where do you keep your consoles??? The PS3 & Wii have a <1% fail rate...for you to have both crap out in such a short time, I have to wonder?

RichBamf
01-29-2008, 12:49 PM
Where do you keep your consoles??? The PS3 & Wii have a <1% fail rate...for you to have both crap out in such a short time, I have to wonder?

I keep them out in the open, in the TV stand.

When I play one, I pull it out of the stand and put it on the floor making sure the vents are clear.

My PS3 problem was shocking, the thing was pumping smoke out. I think it must've been a serious problem.

I had my Xbox360 for two years before it went south.

Just bad luck I guess. :(

RichBamf
01-29-2008, 12:50 PM
Funnily enough, I know 4 people in the UK who have had defective PS3's :(

cougartrace
01-29-2008, 12:50 PM

I heard that the PS3 is having a 40% failure rate

biglebowski9999
01-29-2008, 12:53 PM

Nice try...not going to take the bait a 3rd time. ;)

cougartrace
01-29-2008, 12:54 PM
Nice try...not going to take the bait a 3rd time. ;)

lol..I'll have to find the source material. I'm not the only one who has heard this.

RichBamf
01-29-2008, 12:55 PM

I can vouch for that, 4/5 people I know had problems! :(

biglebowski9999
01-29-2008, 01:04 PM
lol..I'll have to find the source material. I'm not the only one who has heard this.

Yeah, it was a Dutch website that said one retailer reported that fail rate on the 40GB...and the article was removed the next day. I could provide numerous links of less than 1% fail rate...which one do you think is closer to the truth?

biglebowski9999
01-29-2008, 01:05 PM
I can vouch for that, 4/5 people I know had problems! :(

Guess it's actually 80% then!

RichBamf
01-29-2008, 01:32 PM
Guess it's actually 80% then!

:laugh: :thumbs2:

Seriously though, I think it's a bad European batch.

I remember we had a similar problem with the Super Nes, back in the old days! :(

DSET
01-29-2008, 02:49 PM
do you stand up any of youre systems?
i would advise agains that
besides the wii

bat_collector
01-29-2008, 03:09 PM
Hell, I've got my NES, and my SNES, and they BOTH still work. :thumbs2:

This super gen consoles are like mobile phones, the more they put in them, the more can go wrong with them! :banghead:

eXACTLY!

Bullseye
01-29-2008, 03:11 PM
I must be lucky. I have had two PS3s for a while now and no problems.

DSET
01-29-2008, 03:57 PM
ps3's DO have a 1% failure rate
http://gamepro.com/news.cfm?article_id=129410

i didnt even believe it when I read it here

Im guessing youre right on the euro batches having it worse:(

Ink
01-29-2008, 03:57 PM
do you stand up any of youre systems?
i would advise agains that
besides the wii

my 360 has always been standing up

DSET
01-29-2008, 11:23 PM
im not saying its going to ruin it
but its not gonna help, it can get damaged alot easier this way

the stupidest thing anyone can do that will almost 1/2 ruin youre system is switch it up sideways or downwards while its reading a disc