PDA

View Full Version : No More Heroes (WII EXCLUSIVE)

HelloKinky
02-04-2008, 04:02 PM
OOOOH I put Wii in the title! :p

Anyways just got this game. Everyone go ahead and begin talking about it.

Lowdown. You're a kid, Travis Touchdown, won a "beam sword" from ebay, want to buy games, don't have cash, so you become a hired killer. You kill one guy, now you're ranked 11th, you want to move your way to the top. From the guys that made Killer7, this is a pretty fcukin' dope game!

Red X
02-04-2008, 04:07 PM
I heard it was ok.

cougartrace
02-04-2008, 04:08 PM
I don't play any "dope" games..:D

HelloKinky
02-04-2008, 04:27 PM
Call of Duty 4 is dope, so you don't play that?

Actually it's more then ok but you usually can't sway fanboys :)

cougartrace
02-04-2008, 04:47 PM
I was joking with you as I haven't heard anyone use that word in awhile.

I play COD4, but I play it on the best gaming platform..the PC :buttrock:

HelloKinky
02-04-2008, 04:49 PM
I was joking with you as I haven't heard anyone use that word in awhile.

I play COD4, but I play it on the best gaming platform..the PC :buttrock:

Yeah it is an old word. So many new ones popping up these days, and they bug the hell out of me.

"That's so boss!" WTF?!

"That's ace!"

But about the PC...
That's something we both agree on!

biglebowski9999
02-04-2008, 05:04 PM
Seems to be getting pretty good reviews. Is the name "Travis Touchdown" supposed to strike fear into the hearts of the other assassins??? :rolleyes:

HelloKinky
02-04-2008, 05:46 PM
Seems to be getting pretty good reviews. Is the name "Travis Touchdown" supposed to strike fear into the hearts of the other assassins??? :rolleyes:

Hah, not at all that's just his name. Way before he decided to start killing it seems. It's a wacky game to begin with, lots of blood, swearing and over the top antics.

Red X
02-04-2008, 05:56 PM
I really wanted this game but when all the reviews, mags, and sites but up that it had some negatives I read up on it, and decided against getting it. I don't have money to spend on ok games.

HelloKinky
02-04-2008, 06:08 PM
Really? I guess you and Biglebowski read opposite reviews and mags if some say it's great and others say it's ok :)

Well at least rent it then :)

Red X
02-04-2008, 09:19 PM
Really? I guess you and Biglebowski read opposite reviews and mags if some say it's great and others say it's ok :)

Well at least rent it then :)

It's at about an 84% average. Rankings are all over the place from 6 out of 10, to 9 out of 10.

http://www.gamerankings.com/htmlpages2/933024.asp

Here's what IGN says about it in a nut shell:

In the end, No More Heroes is a grab bag of highs and lows, and the end result is going to be different based on your expectations. No More Heroes has one of the most unique, stylistic designs we’ve seen in years (maybe since Killer 7, in fact), as the presentation is made up of pixel art, a retro-themed audio production, and some of the best characters out there. It’s hilarious, completely matchless in its design, and hands-down one of the most passionate projects we’ve seen for Nintendo’s console. On the other hand, it’s obvious that open world designs aren’t Grasshopper’s strong suit, and while you wont be actually fighting or experiencing any “pure action” moments in the world, it’s a pain to trek through, and a painfully low-tech visual offering. Pop-in is everywhere, control is irritating at best, and the frame rate is all over the charts. It’s an absolute mess.

For those that can work around it though, No More Heroes delivers snappy combat, hilarious characters, cinematic battles, and some of the most rewarding motion fighting since Godfather: Blackhand Edition. There’s a point in No More Heroes where you realize that even despite all its shortcomings you’re still having a great time playing the game, and we won’t deny that aspect. If you can put up with a lack of polish, No More Heroes is an extremely rewarding product, and a must-have for any Suda fan or hardcore gamer.

HelloKinky
02-04-2008, 09:34 PM
Definitely my biggest gripe with the game is the open world aspect of it. But thankfully that's not the point of the game, but I wish they'd polish that a bit more. I still think Killer7 style and story wise is more insane, but this game is up there.