PDA

View Full Version : 3 killed during superbowl

hawkeyethearcher
02-04-2008, 05:35 PM
LARGO, Maryland (AP) -- Three men were killed by a gunman after an argument broke out in a restaurant while the Super Bowl was being shown on television, police said.

No arrests had been made Monday.

The shooting happened Sunday night at the Uno Chicago Grill restaurant, part of a dining, shopping and entertainment complex near FedEx Field in the Largo area, Prince George's County police said.

Two of the men were shot in the restaurant's bar area and the third was shot outside in a parking lot.

Police said they believe all three men were killed by a single shooter.

Investigators were trying to determine what prompted the argument, which witnesses said occurred after one team scored during the Super Bowl, won by the New York Giants over the New England Patriots.

i cant even imagine what the shooting was about. if it was a crazed football fan or something else. anyone hear anything about this

Ink
02-04-2008, 05:38 PM
nice :redface:

protector2814
02-04-2008, 05:47 PM
Happened 10 or so miles from where I live. Looks like the 4 were seen arguing during the game. From what I gather, the shooting happened during the 4th quarter. Can't help but think that the trigger guy may have been a drunk New England fan who may not have been able to stand the turn-around ribbing. He chased down the last up of the three and shot him as he tried to escape. All this at a freakin' sports bar!
They'll catch him in 2 days at most.

Vince-Vell
02-04-2008, 05:53 PM
So sad that people go to these lengths over a friggin sports game.

I bet if they showed more of the cheerleaders during games, guys would drop what they were arguing about and just stare at them.

protector2814
02-04-2008, 06:00 PM
Where were the cheerleaders last night? I barely caught a glimpse.

bat_collector
02-04-2008, 06:31 PM
that is terrible news!!!!

Primal
02-04-2008, 07:32 PM
Utter stupidity.

daveyyojimbo
02-04-2008, 07:35 PM
senseless

risingstar
02-04-2008, 07:48 PM
Very sad news as now four families will be forever marked by this most unfortunate event...

HelloKinky
02-04-2008, 09:37 PM
Sports, they unite us all. I never understood the diehard fanaticism from some people. They're not even on the team, yet they talk as though they're owner, coach and players.

risingstar
02-04-2008, 09:45 PM
Sports, they unite us all. I never understood the diehard fanaticism from some people. They're not even on the team, yet they talk as though they're owner, coach and players.

I wholehearted recommend you see a film called "Manufacturing Consent" by Noam Chomsky. It's a brilliant documentary that covers just how this works and why.

Collection King 13
02-04-2008, 09:52 PM
Thats why I hang out with friends and fam during sporting events!

Mr.Fantastic
02-04-2008, 11:14 PM
INCONCEIVABLE

I hope they catch the guy.

cblakey1
02-04-2008, 11:52 PM
I'm not surprised. Largo is one of many bad areas in MD.

Just another day in the DC 'burbs.

boondocksaint
02-05-2008, 12:12 AM
crazy...this is why i stay home!

Makkari1
02-05-2008, 12:06 PM
LARGO, Maryland (AP) -- Three men were killed by a gunman after an argument broke out in a restaurant while the Super Bowl was being shown on television, police said.

No arrests had been made Monday.

The shooting happened Sunday night at the Uno Chicago Grill restaurant, part of a dining, shopping and entertainment complex near FedEx Field in the Largo area, Prince George's County police said.

Two of the men were shot in the restaurant's bar area and the third was shot outside in a parking lot.

Police said they believe all three men were killed by a single shooter.

Investigators were trying to determine what prompted the argument, which witnesses said occurred after one team scored during the Super Bowl, won by the New York Giants over the New England Patriots.

i cant even imagine what the shooting was about. if it was a crazed football fan or something else. anyone hear anything about this

The scary thing is that I live near there and have taken my kids there on a number of occasions. What is the world coming to when a football game determines a persons life? Totally senseless. I wonder how the shooter feels now that 3 people are dead over a game that had no bearing on his life? There is no instant replay here.:(

Makkari1
02-05-2008, 08:18 PM
Well they did catch the guy.:stick:

protector2814
02-05-2008, 08:32 PM
I just heard on the local news that they caught him. 21 w/ a history of crime.

moon_knight1971
02-05-2008, 09:07 PM
:redface: Its getting like those soccer nuts in Europe.