PDA

View Full Version : wasp size

randy bowen
02-16-2005, 09:28 PM
If we get a license for phzIII, and we do a Wasp bust:

1) Should it be the same size as the Ant-Man bust?

2) Which costume should it be?

Mad4Busts
02-16-2005, 09:29 PM
YES! same size as the Antman and it should be the Green and Purple outfit from the 80's

Finally first to respond to a Randy thread :buttrock: :buttrock:

gman
same size (better base) and old school..red and black and wings. :)

Relic Reaper
It'd be cool if it was the size of the Ant Man bust. As for the costume...I'll have to think about that.

DDura711
02-16-2005, 09:30 PM
YES! same size as the Antman and it should be the Green and Purple outfit from the 80's

Finally first to respond to a Randy thread :buttrock: :buttrock:
I'm with MAD on this one.

bigben7
02-16-2005, 09:31 PM
same size but offer wasp like quicksilver with 2 different costumes. one being the original like on giantmans shoulder!! also an original scarlet witch costume to go with green qs and original avengers would rock, and dont forget the swordsman!!!

ol'canuckle
02-16-2005, 09:32 PM
Definetly same size as Ant Man not sure on outfit as long as she don't have the goofy cone hat

nolilia
02-16-2005, 09:34 PM
Hope I dont see another "chrome" thing again. Give me a break.

deaconbluezzz
It's gotta be the same costume she had in the Giant-Man/Wasp bust.

ol'canuckle
would you have to use a riser or is below 6 inch rule part of phase 3?

Captain Late
02-16-2005, 09:35 PM
The two costumes which stand out to me are the original red and black and the red and yellow circa the Marvel Team up issues with YJ vs Equinox.

Mad4Busts
02-16-2005, 09:38 PM
Thanks DDura....hey Randy here is shot of the Purple and Green...

THe other I could live with too..aww hell I would take any of them

Bartman256
02-16-2005, 09:40 PM
Same size as Ant Man & same costume as the one used on the Giant Man bust

cyberpunk12
02-16-2005, 09:48 PM
The two costumes which stand out to me are the original red and black and the red and yellow circa the Marvel Team up issues with YJ vs Equinox.RANDY! I knew you wouldn't leave me hanging :D

As far as height goes, it'd be a nice touch if she was the same size (scale) as the Ant-Man bust. If height is an issue, you could add upraised translucent wings to get her where she needs to be.

Personally, the reason I want this bust is because I was a fan of the Avengers in the late seventies/early eighties... when Hank was Yellowjacket. If she was scaled just like the regular busts, I wouldn't mind. Just picture the two of them together and go with your instincts. Either way, I'd be a happy camper.

As for the costume, you know there is an endless assortment to choose from. The red and yellow costume stands out in my mind... eventually someone will post a pic of this one, I guarantee it. I say take the Odin approach on her, and design your own... or let Rocky and Heather decide on the outfit :D

There's an Avengers poster that Perez did years ago that has a border consisting of the Wasp in her multitude of outfits. Here's a link (http://cyberpunk12.ranchoweb.com/perez_avengers.jpg). The red and yellow costume I'm thinking of is in the upper right hand corner.

Pietro722
02-16-2005, 09:51 PM
Same size as Antman definitely. The costume is more difficult since she has so many. One of her red and black ones would look good displayed next to Antman. Then again we already have a red and black version on the Giant Man bust.

There is a great George Perez Avengers poster that has the Wasp and her many costumes as the border. If anyone could post a shot of that poster maybe we could vote?

Pietro722

cyberpunk12
02-16-2005, 09:53 PM
Pietro... done and done! Check the post above yours... I just edited it.

Pietro722
02-16-2005, 09:53 PM
Darn Cyberpunk12 types faster than me! Someone find that poster!

Pietro722

Pietro722
02-16-2005, 09:54 PM
Dang Cyberpunk u r fast!

beav
same size as the antman and I say make her nude.....hey she has been in that costume many times. Oh and I'll take a chrome variant on this one too :eplus2:

madjazz
There was a whole thread with the discussion of which costume to use. All of the discussion of costume has been deleted, although the thread is still there. Here is a link with all of Jan's costumes. Maybe we could recreate the discussion here again.

Be specific when stating your preference.

http://www.geocities.com/ragnodimaggio/w64-72.htm

Ghost
02-16-2005, 09:57 PM
It's gotta be the same costume she had in the Giant-Man/Wasp bust.

I second that notion as well. And the same size as Ant Man only like stated a kewler base. Possibly something like Goliath's?

twisterred
02-16-2005, 09:59 PM
same size definitely with a red and black motiff. she should have that ridiculous "wasp butt stinger" helmet she wore early on. that should clear any height restrictions. or if you want to throw everyone into a tizzie do the mutated Wasp from the end of series one.

Jesse321
02-16-2005, 10:01 PM
Definately the same size as Ant-Man, but with wings of course ... costume .... I think either the white and blue George Perez or the John Byrne black red and white one with the arrows.

http://jerome.galica.free.fr/marvel/Avengers/wasp/JR-Wasp13.gif

http://jerome.galica.free.fr/marvel/Avengers/wasp/wasp012.gif

JR2
02-16-2005, 10:11 PM
If we get a license for phzIII, and we do a Wasp bust:

1) Should it be the same size as the Ant-Man bust?

2) Which costume should it be?

1.) YES!!

2.) Blue and White from the first Perez run or the current one.

Mad4busts, do you have a pic of the green and purple costume? I don't really remember it. Then again, Wasp had a different costume every month there for awhile.

JR2
02-16-2005, 10:12 PM
same size definitely with a red and black motiff. she should have that ridiculous "wasp butt stinger" helmet she wore early on. that should clear any height restrictions. or if you want to throw everyone into a tizzie do the mutated Wasp form the end of series one.

We already have the Wasp with the helmet sitting on Giant-Man's shoulder.

Mutated Wasp, HECK NO!!!! There's the start of my tizzie.

:banghead:

marvelboi77
02-16-2005, 10:12 PM
Absolutely do not give her the costume that she is wearing sitting on Giant Mans shoulder it sucks. Plus do we really have to relive the 60's, she has so many costumes please do not make her look like a goofball with that stupid hat.

marvelboi77
02-16-2005, 10:13 PM
Definately the same size as Ant-Man, but with wings of course ... costume .... I think either the white and blue George Perez or the John Byrne black red and white one with the arrows.
Yes I like that idea very much Jesse

marvelboi77
02-16-2005, 10:16 PM
Personally I would like a larger bust, but I can see by overwhelming demand that I am out voted on that one. Teehee, sorry could not help it.

Rome
02-16-2005, 10:17 PM
Well this one is really not that important to me. I don't mean the Wasp bust isn't important,..just the issues you raise.
I'd go along with "same size as Ant man",..but I'd take her either smaller or regular size. As far as the costume goes,..she's had so many that it really doesn't matter very much.
As long as it's in the late 70's or 80's. The earlier ones were kind of corny. Perez or Byrne would work I think.

cyberpunk12
02-16-2005, 10:18 PM
Here is a link with all of Jan's costumes. Maybe we could recreate the discussion here again.

Be specific when stating your preference.

http://www.geocities.com/ragnodimaggio/w64-72.htmI remember finding that site when we discussed this the first time. I can't believe that someone managed to document what seems to be EVERY costume or outfit (or lack thereof!) that she's ever worn. I uploaded my favorites below.

I'm just hoping for a bust that can be paired with Yellowjacket or the upcoming Goliath bust to help finish out an Avengers lineup. I realize that this leaves founding five and Ant-Man fans out in the cold... but at least the Giant Man bust provides an alternative.

Pietro- ...and I thought that being forced to take typing in high school was a waste of time :D

Car50n
02-16-2005, 10:32 PM
definately ant-man size. gotta go with one of the blue and red ones. otherwise they would clash way too much, aesthetically speaking.

dtorrens
02-16-2005, 10:36 PM
1. The Wasp should be Ant-Man size.
2. I prefer her early-Silver Age costume with the little hat.

Scoobydude
02-16-2005, 10:39 PM
Randy---YES to same size as original Ant-man bust.

As for costume---I'm all for 3 or 4 diffrent varients.
She can LEGITAMENTLY have that many busts. 'Cause she's the ONE marvel
character that changes her costume more then any other.

I know you have stated that you don't like modern versions. But didn't she
recently wear a "yellowjacket" Wasp version. I would DEFINITLY like that.

Marvelboi---your funny,........teehee.

nexus
02-16-2005, 10:39 PM
Hi Randy. Glad you're finally going to produce this all-important character. I'd say make her Ant Man size with semi-translucent wings. As far as the costume is concerned, I think the retro one to go with Ant Man, and then a variant of the modern one, which is pretty cool, to go with Yellowjacket. I Googled some pix.

nexus
02-16-2005, 10:46 PM
Let's try that again

marvelboi77
02-16-2005, 10:53 PM
Hi Randy. Glad you're finally going to produce this all-important character. I'd say make her Ant Man size with semi-translucent wings. As far as the costume is concerned, I think the retro one to go with Ant Man, and then a variant of the modern one, which is pretty cool, to go with Yellowjacket. I Googled some pix.
I like this one you have posted the Orange and Black one or the Yellow Jacket variation with the JG Jones cover in Vegas.

nolilia
02-16-2005, 11:07 PM
Randy---YES to same size as original Ant-man bust.

As for costume---I'm all for 3 or 4 diffrent varients.
She can LEGITAMENTLY have that many busts. 'Cause she's the ONE marvel
character that changes her costume more then any other.

I know you have stated that you don't like modern versions. But didn't she
recently wear a "yellowjacket" Wasp version. I would DEFINITLY like that.

Marvelboi---your funny,........teehee.

I'll go with the old school costume. No more variants please!!!

nexus
02-16-2005, 11:09 PM
Also Randy, think about doing an Ant Man on Ant and retro Wasp mini statue stacked together to form one FS. Or, my favorite, a huge, kneeling Yellowjacket and modern Wasp statue.

SirConor
02-16-2005, 11:43 PM
Ant-Man size, definitely.

Costume: SHe's either gotta be in that Byrne red/black as to match ant-man or I really like the modern (orange/black) one that Nexus posted... to go with yellowjacket.

Blue and white is a nice look, but as someone astutely observed earlier, it would clash too much aesthetically speaking.

marvelboi77
02-16-2005, 11:52 PM
I don't think the 2 need to match colors..... The other characters arn't made to match.

crozz614
02-17-2005, 12:06 AM
I say yes to same size as Ant Man. Color I say you make the call. I like the one on Giant Man shoulder

workingdog
02-17-2005, 12:24 AM
I say yes to same size as Ant Man. Color I say you make the call. I like the one on Giant Man shoulder

What Crozz said. Same size as Ant-Man, and the costume from her first appearance in Tales To Astonish #44 where they both had the matching belt styles.

bullethole
02-17-2005, 12:37 AM
i like that version also ....FS Antman or Giant-man for phase III!!!!

marvelboi77
02-17-2005, 12:45 AM
Yes let's make sure the goofy looking one is authentic too. We have to have her microphone and earpiece on the bust....LOL

armitage
02-17-2005, 01:00 AM
Same size as Ant Man Old school red and black costume.

TheGreyOne
02-17-2005, 01:12 AM
Is there any way we can work chrome into this bust............kidding, just kidding.

Or am I ??? :inquisiti

Mad4Busts
02-17-2005, 01:18 AM
1.) YES!!

2.) Blue and White from the first Perez run or the current one.

Mad4busts, do you have a pic of the green and purple costume? I don't really remember it. Then again, Wasp had a different costume every month there for awhile.

Here is a shot of it...I have went back and corrected the original shot on my post....

cblakey1
02-17-2005, 01:19 AM
black and red (or was it blue?) classic costume.

nexus
02-17-2005, 01:22 AM
Retro & Modern. There are four Hank MBs (five if you count the variant), there can surely be two Janets.

Dr.V2005
02-17-2005, 01:24 AM
1. Same size as Ant-Man
2. I'm not a fan of the little hat, but otherwise I'll let you pick the costume, Randy.

bruin218
02-17-2005, 02:54 AM
Nobody in comics history has had more outfits than the Wasp. A great choice would be one of the ones from the first few issues of Avengers. Here's a pic of the costume from Avengers #4 that would match up nicely to Randy's Ant-Man bust.
http://jerome.galica.free.fr/marvel/Avengers/wasp/2_wasp.gif
This was the costume she wore right before the "conehead" costume I believe. Another one that stands out as a costume she wore for a while was the '80s green and purple one from around Secret Wars time.
http://jerome.galica.free.fr/marvel/Avengers/wasp/Wasp-SecretWars.gif
I think that would make a nice variant stand-alone piece at more normal scale for mini-bust, but scaled down and paired next to Ant-Man we should go with something more classic red/black.

furie
02-17-2005, 03:14 AM
I am for the original costume too.

Leon
02-17-2005, 05:37 AM
me too. and the same height as Antman.

carrillj
02-17-2005, 06:19 AM
Wasp should be the same size as Ant-Man.

I would also like to see a re-sculpt of Ant-Man if phase 3 is a go. :buttrock:

If we do see a re-sculpted Ant-Man, then Wasp should be the same size as that one (not the phase 1 bust).

dr.doom
02-17-2005, 07:49 AM
Same size as the Ant-man bust,classic red and black costume with wings

JDH
02-17-2005, 07:52 AM
Great news. I'd go for the same scale as Ant-Man, and I think this costume will go best with the Avengers already busted. No arms too, if at all possible!

to me my board!
02-17-2005, 08:17 AM
Same scale as Antman / with red and black costume

Garrett
02-17-2005, 08:45 AM
Great news. I'd go for the same scale as Ant-Man, and I think this costume will go best with the Avengers already busted. No arms too, if at all possible!
I'm in agrement with you that to me was probably one of the longes running cosumes (seen in most issues of the Avengers)..

Kirbyfan
02-17-2005, 09:27 AM
Same size as Antman, with her original costume, hat and all. That's the only way to go to display them together.

Foord
02-17-2005, 10:02 AM
If Wasp can be the same size as Phase 1 Ant Man (please!! and sans arms too) then does that mean that other smaller sized busts can also be made? The Phase 2 ones will really stick out if Randy can go back to the original sizing... Just a comment, not a complaint.

Aarrgghh!!
02-17-2005, 10:26 AM
Randy how about:
Can the Club T, make a varient Wasp a Club re-new or join incentive. Since Wasp is smaller you could charge around $50 (+ or -) for the membership which would include the bust. Each year change the costume for those re-upping the membership. You could still make a standard version for a one time wide release, but a yearly club one be ever changing.

JDH
02-17-2005, 10:45 AM
(please!! and sans arms too)

Good man.

As for the variant debate, I'd take any costume, even the power-dressing Eighties Secret Wars outfit, even the half-missing white and blue costume, even the naked-except-for-a-towel depiction, if it meant only one got produced.

silverageguy
02-17-2005, 11:09 AM
Great news. I'd go for the same scale as Ant-Man, and I think this costume will go best with the Avengers already busted. No arms too, if at all possible!Right! This is great news to see this morning!

Size - definitely the same as Ant-Man with the wings spread to the 6" height.

Costume - Sorry, jdh, I disagree with you and I prefer the one below which matches the original Avengers - Issue #1 and #2.

Arms - for once, I agree with you on NO ARMS. I'm not changing my position on arms - I still like them, I just think Wasp works better with no arms and spread wings.

JDH
02-17-2005, 11:22 AM
Right! This is great news to see this morning!

Costume - Sorry, jdh, I disagree with you and I prefer the one below which matches the original Avengers - Issue #1 and #2.

Arms - for once, I agree with you on NO ARMS. I'm not changing my position on arms - I still like them, I just think Wasp works better with no arms and spread wings.

I'd be fine with that costume too (and be delighted if you got it). I just think the yellow and red would go better with the non-original Avengers, but it's not something I'm going to fight on the beaches for. I'd definitely go with the original Wasp costume for the highly desirable Ant-Man and Wasp full-size statue though... (fingers crossed!)

And go on, change your position on arms, you know you want to. I'd go from arms folded to hands on hips if I were you. :)

Sniper
02-17-2005, 11:27 AM
The original would be the best chioce

wktf
02-17-2005, 11:59 AM
I agree with Silverageguy wholeheartedly!

Collection King 13
02-17-2005, 12:03 PM
Same Size as antman please!

Lay-Z-boy
02-17-2005, 12:57 PM
I prefer the Red and Yellow costume :

http://image.milehighcomics.com/istore/images/large/05815547774.68.gif

And yes, the same size as the ant-man mini-mini bust.

to me my board!
02-17-2005, 12:58 PM
Right! This is great news to see this morning!

I agree - Black and Red costume please.

nexus
02-17-2005, 01:05 PM
After passing on this one for years because of the size, I just spent over $200 on Ant Man bust, thinking that maybe a Wasp would eventually come down the pipe. :buttrock: So it better be the same size! Original and modern (variant) I say again. Both Quicksilvers sold didn't they?

CKinSD
02-17-2005, 01:06 PM
same size would be cool

spider-man
02-17-2005, 01:57 PM
same size as ant man and her black and yellow outfit or the yellow and red one.I'm not too crazy about her original costume with the headgear.

dayhiker
02-17-2005, 02:01 PM
hi randy,

same size as antman please. costume would also be the black and red.

you could do at least 3 variants of costumes (the most recent black and yellow is cool) to go with antman, gold yellowjacket and yellow yellowjacket busts. that way she wont be lonely. make them limited though, or an incentive to members or club exclusives (at least you know that they're sold already before its made :)

dh

Relic Reaper
02-17-2005, 02:06 PM
Given the Wasp's wardrobe, the possibility for variants is endless. Maybe we can even get a chrome evening dress variant! :D

Jack8022
02-17-2005, 02:24 PM
I'd think the same size as the Antman bust would be cool.
Yellow/red costume sans head gear.
Sculpted Rogue-style would be extra-nice, IMO (it would also help with the hieght requirement).

cleangone
02-17-2005, 02:27 PM
As far as height goes, it'd be a nice touch if she was the same size (scale) as the Ant-Man bust. If height is an issue, you could add upraised translucent wings to get her where she needs to be.

As for the costume, you know there is an endless assortment to choose from. The red and yellow costume stands out in my mind... eventually someone will post a pic of this one, I guarantee it. I say take the Odin approach on her, and design your own... or let Rocky and Heather decide on the outfit :D

Great idea about the wings!

But about the costume, I say don't limit yourself to 1 or 2 versions. The Wasp is the perfect character to do multiple versions over time. Do maybe 2 initially, with a third as one of the con exclusives and even a fourth for the club/limited retailer (like Quicksliver green). They would all be repaints, so you'd probably do alright profit-wise even though the individual edition sizes would not be that large.

andy

OneOne78
02-17-2005, 02:27 PM
Same size as Ant-Man and as long as she doesn't come witht hat funny hat I don't care which costume she comes with.

Hall of Justice
02-17-2005, 02:31 PM
I would prefer that it match Ant-man in size, but if it has to be bigger due to license requirements make it bigger. As fas as outfit, I prefer the the gold bodice with the red body stocking on the arms and gold gloves from the Avengers issues 40-60.

ham&cheese
02-17-2005, 05:31 PM
cool quaestion- I want a original wasp in her ayers costume to match the size of the first ant man and another wasp in her byrne marvel tem up with red and yellow clothes at bigger size to match other modern avengers like vison and s. witch.

madjazz
02-17-2005, 05:55 PM
I want the red and yellow version from Avengers 55 (Aug 68). See attached.
I could be happy with a red and black version, though.

ham&cheese
02-17-2005, 07:10 PM
i like the suit she was wearing in team-up #59 and 60. a bust like that with size to match the other avengers would hit the spot. she was the leader of the team at some point

Hall of Justice
02-17-2005, 07:21 PM
Thanks, Madjazz, for the picture that was the very costume that I was thinking of.

Fannymac
02-17-2005, 08:38 PM
I can't believe this may FINALLY happen!!!! If it does.....

A) Same size!

B) If size is a problem and the wings won't make a difference, how about in proportion to Yellowjacket?

C) I'd like to see three variant costumes - red & yellow, the one arm/one leg white & blue one, and a third to be determined.

MAN, I hope this happens!!!

The Gene Lantern
02-17-2005, 11:56 PM
I want the red and yellow version from Avengers 55 (Aug 68). See attached.
I could be happy with a red and black version, though.

I agree, the red/yellow is a classic look...

And, small like Ant-Man would be way cool...

captoz
02-18-2005, 03:15 AM
The winsome Wasp needs at least 2 costumes. I agree these should be:

1. Red and Blue original costume but without the cone head;
2. Blue and yellow costume she wore in the 80s when she was team leader (around ish 250).

marvelboi77
02-18-2005, 03:44 AM
If their is any character that deserves a variant it's the Wasp.

James UK
02-18-2005, 06:14 AM
Yes same size as Antman..yellow & red costume! Or a couple of variant costumes which would fit well with Miss Van Dyne!

madjazz
02-18-2005, 01:19 PM
Given that everyone's pet Janet variant won't make production, Let's put the challenge to Randy to get as many of them on the box as he can. It should be even more of a challenge as it will be a small box. What do you think?

Closetnerd
02-18-2005, 02:15 PM
If their is any character that deserves a variant it's the Wasp.

TOTALLY agree!! Anybody else have that George Perez Avengers lithograph he did 10 or more years ago with all of the Wasps framing around the outside of the litho. AWESOME Avengers art piece and a representation of why she is so deserving of a variant bust.

As for the original question, classic costume in line with the Antman bust size. He deserves company.

The General
02-18-2005, 03:09 PM
I can't wait for this one!!!!http://members.aol.com/browrob549/emo/sleep013.gif

Important character or not I could care less about a Wasp bust. I'm a full size guy anyway so on the second thought I really could care less. Congratts to all the Wasp fans. BUT even though I'm not a bust man (except for Aria's :eplus2: ) there are a few characters I'd rather see busted than Wasp.

madjazz
02-18-2005, 03:14 PM
Hey General - Aria is going to be at Wondercon in San Fran this weekend. Guess where I'm going to be later this afternoon? Would you like me to try to get a worn article of clothing for you? If I can get her to take a picture with me, I'll post it (if it's PG)

The General
02-18-2005, 03:15 PM
Hey General - Aria is going to be at Wondercon in San Fran this weekend. Guess where I'm going to be later this afternoon? Would you like me to try to get a worn article of clothing for you? If I can get her to take a picture with me, I'll post it (if it's PG)
You bastich!

madjazz
02-19-2005, 01:35 AM
Oh General - Yoohoo!

By the way, I could not be this cruel without telling you that you have e-mail.

ironrope
02-19-2005, 01:57 AM
Red and yellow circa 1968.

Daredevil
04-09-2006, 01:03 AM
up for Jim Maddox for more info on the Wasp.