PDA

View Full Version : Sideshow Darth Vader Pictures!!!

MONSTER
02-18-2005, 12:08 AM
Check it out!

http://shop.starwars.com/Product/ProductDetails.aspx?ProductID=681

Wayne Industries
02-18-2005, 12:22 AM
Thanks for the info M... :thumbs2: ....but, is it some sort of a doll-like toy?? Not knocking it or nuthin, but wow at $350 a pop, it's a very expensive action figure.... :tounge:

boondocksaint
02-18-2005, 12:23 AM
yeah i dont like ill be getting the gentle giant vader

MONSTER
02-18-2005, 12:26 AM
Yeah I was not very impressed with it either, especially considering the price. I'm hoping Sideshow has some more detailed pictures soon.

sith lord utinni!
02-18-2005, 12:33 AM
Count me in as another who is disappointed by this. I have really been looking forward to getting this but after seeing the pic I have lost some interest. Hopefully better pics will surface soon cause people hated on the chewie GG statue cause the pics were horrible but he turned out awesome. One other huge thing for me, What is up with the exclusive mouse droid? Hopefully the regular edition will be alot cheaper, I can do without the mouse droid. On second thought, the mouse droid may look cool posed under the GG chewie statue, I still wouldn't pay alot more for the exclusive edition just because of the freakin mouse droid.

dfchang
02-18-2005, 01:18 AM
I also am not impressed. The pose has a lot to do with it. The double grip on the lightsabre makes him look sorta . . . awkward.

Also, I'm not sure how suited Vader is to the "multimedia" type of format that Sideshow is going for with their 1/4 scale line.

It works well for some products. For instance, I have the 1/4 scale Sean Connery and it's fantastic. I feel like Bond is in the room with me. He's got a real tux on with metal cufflinks and the whole 9 yards.

For Vader though, I'd always felt that he needed to be all polystone or bronze, a cape on him with that plastic lightsabre and the flashing lights is cheezy. Like many have already commented on, he becomes just a big expensive toy.

Personally, I think the best looking Vader so far is the Vader I from Attakus followed closely by the Vader II. :)

Dennis

Gruson
02-18-2005, 02:00 AM
The Attakus Vader statues (1 and 2) are still the best Vader piece out there.

I am REALLY let down by the Sideshow version. It could have been a lot better. It looks like a cheesy doll IMO.

This still owns and I will never part with it!

http://www.kamikazcomics.com/shop/images/DarkVador2.jpg

Tattoo-X
02-18-2005, 02:03 AM
For the price, I'm glad I went with Koto. :)

Raven1014
02-18-2005, 03:06 AM
WOW...that sideshow Vader looks really bad. Think i'm going to cancel my pre-order and free up that $300 for something that looks better.

DEAD_MAN
02-18-2005, 03:37 AM
the 2 hand grip is when he is about to spar of with luke

metalsquid
02-18-2005, 03:44 AM
looks alright to me. way cheaper than Attakus and more limited than GG. i'm getting one.

Ghost
02-18-2005, 03:51 AM
It looks like a cheesy doll IMO.

They all look like cheesy dolls. I mean honestly, high priced dolls? I don't think so. I'll stick with statues. And yes those Attakus ones are nice but pricey but worth it considering SS are just dolls, really.

DEAD_MAN
02-18-2005, 04:31 AM
looks alright to me. way cheaper than Attakus and more limited than GG. i'm getting one.

I already did. (ordered it)

Bullseye
02-18-2005, 05:45 AM
A little disappointed in the pircture. Hope hes better.

spider-man
02-18-2005, 06:25 AM
It looks like one of hasbros 15" figures they make. And you can get theirs for $325 less.

SithLord11572
02-18-2005, 07:43 AM
Wowo what a dissappointment...looksike ill be cancelling my order....for $300 its not worth it...So afr Sideshow has b0mbed on all the Star Wars

ump
02-18-2005, 07:52 AM
The Attakus Vader statues (1 and 2) are still the best Vader piece out there.

I am REALLY let down by the Sideshow version. It could have been a lot better. It looks like a cheesy doll IMO.

This still owns and I will never part with it!

http://www.kamikazcomics.com/shop/images/DarkVador2.jpg
yes,ATTAKUS is the best one!!!but i will also buy the sideshow one...

The General
02-18-2005, 10:18 AM
I'll wait for the normal version. Don't see why this one should cost $350. But I think some of you are exaggerating, it’s not that bad could be better but certainly not disgraceful (like the Logan). Also those of you calling this an expensive doll or action figure obviously haven’t seen one of Sideshows so-called dolls in person. Take it from me they’re incredible.

Collection King 13
02-18-2005, 10:26 AM
The Attakus versions are the best ones.

The General
02-18-2005, 10:29 AM
I agree. Attakus Vader 1 is hands down the best followed closely by Vader 2. For the money though the GG version is looking better and better. I will admitt just like some of the others that even though the SS version isn't the worst I am dissapointed. It's probably because we had such high expectations. The 2 hand grip does suck though. :mad:

metalsquid
02-18-2005, 10:35 AM
you guys remind me of the episode of That 70s Show where Red was ragging on Eric for having a Darth Vader action figure, except he kept calling it a doll. so the sideshow stuff uses real clothes so what? dolls are articulated pieces of plastic. this is still polystone underneath and it's still a statue to me. it may be unconventional but i'm willing to give it a try. people always like to throw stones at something new until it becomes accepted. these things haven't even reached people's hands yet judgment is being passed. i mean if the fabric quality is gonna be something like the crap they throw on the Hasbro 12" dolls then yes i'd say Sideshow is crap. but i'll wait to see these in person before i make the call.

The General
02-18-2005, 11:09 AM
you guys remind me of the episode of That 70s Show where Red was ragging on Eric for having a Darth Vader action figure, except he kept calling it a doll. so the sideshow stuff uses real clothes so what? dolls are articulated pieces of plastic. this is still polystone underneath and it's still a statue to me. it may be unconventional but i'm willing to give it a try. people always like to throw stones at something new until it becomes accepted. these things haven't even reached people's hands yet judgment is being passed. i mean if the fabric quality is gonna be something like the crap they throw on the Hasbro 12" dolls then yes i'd say Sideshow is crap. but i'll wait to see these in person before i make the call.
Amen.

sith lord utinni!
02-18-2005, 03:43 PM
He is already sold out at starwarshop.com . That didn't take long. I agree that it looks too much like huge action figure in this pic. I must admit, the GG vader is starting to grow on me.

Sniper
02-18-2005, 03:46 PM
always have been :buttrock: :buttrock:

Bullseye
02-18-2005, 04:01 PM
Azog you normally get good pictures. Could you post some?

Bullseye
02-18-2005, 04:07 PM
Has anyone got decent pics of the SS one?

Ghost
02-18-2005, 04:13 PM
So it's actually a heavy polystone action figure? I have to read that again, that doesn't seem right lol

Ghost
02-18-2005, 04:15 PM
I'll wait for the normal version. Don't see why this one should cost $350. But I think some of you are exaggerating, it’s not that bad could be better but certainly not disgraceful (like the Logan). Also those of you calling this an expensive doll or action figure obviously haven’t seen one of Sideshows so-called dolls in person. Take it from me they’re incredible.

I agree about the Logan one, and I've seen alot of SS figures in person. For what they are they don't catch my wallet's attention at $350 a pop.

Gruson
02-18-2005, 04:27 PM
FYI,

ShopStarWars is sold out of Vader now, or he has gone missing.

They had 1000 available late last night and Sideshow will be selling the other 1000.

This went fast!

Bullseye
02-18-2005, 04:31 PM
Gruson you have a link for that site?

Gruson
02-18-2005, 04:33 PM
Sideshow link is not out yet.

The link to star wars is:

shop.starwars.com

Like I said, they are sold out now.

Bullseye
02-18-2005, 04:36 PM
When is SS putting DV up themselves?

metalsquid
02-18-2005, 04:38 PM
So it's actually a heavy polystone action figure? I have to read that again, that doesn't seem right lol
either you need to read that again or i need to re-type what i wrote. no, the SS Vader is a heavy polystone statue, just like their Luke and Han. the action figure was on the TV show, which i mentioned because it was being cynically referred to as a doll much like this statue is being now. so these statues will have fabric on them. i think it's a bold, original and interesting move by Sideshow. but you know what, Attakus made the best Vader statues ever so i guess no one should ever make another Vader statue again!
:rolleyes2

seriously, given their track record with LOTR products i really wonder why people are so quick to doubt their SW line when they're not even out the door yet.

Gruson
02-18-2005, 04:42 PM
Anytime now!

Here you go:

Hi all,

Our Exclusive Vader pre-order should be up today around noon! The exclusive was shared with the Star Wars Shop which launched early as a courtesy. They are just about sold through on their quantity so those who have not placed orders can find the figure through us at SideshowCollectibles.com.

The regular version Premium Format Darth Vader 1/4 scale figure is a 2,500 piece edition. This item is a trade only product that has already been pre-ordering through our domestic and international partners and will not be offered through our site. If you are interested in the regular version, you should contact your local retailer immeditely to see if they have any pre-orders still available. Both versions are $350.

We are excited to be able to offer these collectibles to Star Wars fans!

Best,
Chicky

Bullseye
02-18-2005, 04:46 PM
Damn have i missed out on the Vader Exclusive then?

Gruson
02-18-2005, 04:48 PM
No Bulls,

Starwars site had 1000 to sell and Sideshow has the other 1000 to sell today.

It will be sold out by tomorrow so place an order ASAP, once it goes up.

Starwars site sold out in 12 hours....assuming it actually IS sold out.

They may have taken it off their page to make it appear to sell out, that way people rush to Sideshow to buy one....who knows!

Bullseye
02-18-2005, 04:53 PM
Gruson whats the run on the exclusive edition?

Gruson
02-18-2005, 04:55 PM
I believe:

Exclusive: 2000
Normal: 2500

Bullseye
02-18-2005, 04:56 PM
Cheers Gruson. One more question will members receive a newsletter for ordering or is it just going to appear. Theres no mention of it on the SS site.

Gruson
02-18-2005, 05:04 PM
I am guessing a newsletter but watch the forums over at Freaks. They usually post first.

It's the Movie forum.

Bullseye
02-18-2005, 05:06 PM
Cheers G.

Gruson
02-18-2005, 05:09 PM
Vader is up:

http://www.sideshowtoy.com/cgi-bin/category.cgi?category=search&item=71171&type=store

Zurbaran1
02-18-2005, 05:11 PM
Thanks Gruson, you rock! Got it!

Bullseye
02-18-2005, 05:14 PM
Got him Gruson. Cheers.

www.sideshowtoy.com/cgi-b...type=store

Bullseye
02-18-2005, 05:15 PM
Whats the regular version like. Is that up yet?

SithLord11572
02-18-2005, 05:30 PM
$350 is a rip off for this statue jsut because its avder they make it $100 more than any other 1/4 scale......they can keep this i rather go buy a attakus for double that ...at least it looks at lot nicer

Sideshow vader looks like he palying with his pecker
what genius thought of that pose

silverageguy
02-18-2005, 05:31 PM
From the description:
"The lightsaber, chest and belt panels feature electronic light function."

First battery operated statue?

Bullseye
02-18-2005, 05:32 PM
$350 is a rip off for this statue jsut because its avder they make it $100 more than any other 1/4 scale......they can keep this i rather go buy a attakus for double that ...at least it looks at lot nicer

Sideshow vader looks like he palying with his pecker
what genius thought of that pose

Its 20" high. Its huge and its goin to go up in value.

SithLord11572
02-18-2005, 05:37 PM
Its 20" high. Its huge and its goin to go up in value.

big deal the attakus is 18".....and sideshow vader doesnt compare to the quaity of the attakus....i can buy 2 GG vadersone for 1 SS....they can keep it

Gruson
02-18-2005, 05:40 PM
Attakus is a lot better. I just got one of these to see it in person. If it does not "do it" for me, it's off to ebay.

The "light up" effects seem a bit cheesy to me.

SithLord11572
02-18-2005, 05:42 PM
Attakus is a lot better. I just got one of these to see it in person. If it does not "do it" for me, it's off to ebay.

The "light up" effects seem a bit cheesy to me.

yeah lights on a statue .....how cheap can you get.....everyoen is gonna be disappointed once they see this in person

metalsquid
02-18-2005, 05:43 PM
thanks Gruson!!

sith lord utinni!
02-18-2005, 07:43 PM
vader is back up on starwarshop.

MONSTER
02-18-2005, 08:45 PM
vader is back up on starwarshop.

Actually they just let you know that they sold out:

StarWarsShop.com has sold out of the Darth Vader Statue with Mouse Droid. The good news is, you can still purchase this magnificent piece at the official web site of Sideshow Collectibles. Click here to head on over to Sideshow and purchase the Statue today.

If you want this I would get your order in at Sideshow now!

Zurbaran1
02-18-2005, 08:53 PM
Actually they just let you know that they sold out:

StarWarsShop.com has sold out of the Darth Vader Statue with Mouse Droid. The good news is, you can still purchase this magnificent piece at the official web site of Sideshow Collectibles. Click here to head on over to Sideshow and purchase the Statue today.

If you want this I would get your order in at Sideshow now!

You get yours Monster?

MONSTER
02-18-2005, 08:58 PM
You get yours Monster?

Of course! :buttrock: