PDA

View Full Version : what would you get first??

matthew smith
02-18-2005, 01:16 PM
i have got a lot of things on order waiting for me to purchase and im struggling to make my mind up on what to get first...and second...and third for that matter

if you were me what would you buy first??

just bought elrond statue for £130.00 including postage. is this good???

heres just some on the list that i want to get:

statues
saruman
frodo
merry
easterling
pitmaster
lurtz
gandalf on SF
theoden
ringwraith on steed
boromir

busts
lurtz
witch king

any views and opinions would be very appreciated...oh and lots of pics of them all from the lucky ones who have them

Gruson
02-18-2005, 01:21 PM
Ok, all are great statues. That said, some are going to be harder to find than others.

I would get Boromir first, as he is still around $200. There are only 2000 of him made and he used to sell for $350-$400 and will most likely reach that again.

Merry and Frodo are already around $350 so I am not sure if they will fall or rise....tough call, you may wait and see what happens.

Easterling is another one, only 2000 made, and used to sell for $230...you can get him for $160 now.

Lurtz would be a good buy at $200 and he is getting harder to find.

There are PLENTY of GoSF statues so get that later.

RWOS is a GREAT statue and a must have IMO. Get it now.

So, I would get Boromir and RWOS first.

FengShuiStein
02-18-2005, 01:29 PM
If you want to see pics, check out this site:

Pics (http://www.taniquetils-collectibles.co.uk/index.htm)

More great close-up pics of the SSW LOTR pieces than you can shake a polystone stick at.

-Phil

P.S. I agree - go for the RWoS

matthew smith
02-18-2005, 01:29 PM
thanks gruson
thats a great help, i think i might just have to do that
cheers
matt

Bullseye
02-18-2005, 01:43 PM
Matt I'd agree with Gruson try and pick up Boromis and RWoS first.

Zurbaran1
02-18-2005, 01:53 PM
Ditto. Go for the RWoS first. It's going up in price faster than just about any other piece right now outside of the Grail pieces. Boromir is also a great statue and still relatively affordable. The Witch King bust has taken a major jump up in price. Don't know how much higher it will go but it is one worth keeping an eye on.

Gruson
02-18-2005, 01:53 PM
FYI,

Wait on Saruman....although it is one of my favorites, I believe there are some more shipping from Sideshow and prices should go back to under $300.

matthew smith
02-18-2005, 01:57 PM
thanks guys
i also heard a rumour that they were going to start re-shipping the likes of sam and bill and other non limited items. is this true???

Bullseye
02-18-2005, 01:59 PM
I doubt it. If they were there's alot of people who would scream blue murder after forking out over a grand for Sam & Bill.

Zurbaran1
02-18-2005, 02:03 PM
thanks guys
i also heard a rumour that they were going to start re-shipping the likes of sam and bill and other non limited items. is this true???

What do you mean by re-shipping? In any case there's no way they would re-issue sold out pieces. New sculpts (like the Baby Balrog) maybe. But even then, they have so much material yet to mine what would the point of that be?