PDA

View Full Version : Age of TV Heroes

wktf
02-29-2008, 02:17 PM
Now this looks like a cool book, and I love the Alex Ross cover!

http://forum.newsarama.com/showthread.php?t=148558

nbr3bagshotrow
02-29-2008, 02:22 PM
Cool. Anyone know if there are plans on releasing the Batman (Adam West/Burt Ward) series on DVD anytime soon?

kal-el
02-29-2008, 02:25 PM
I just saw that cover and WOW, takes me back to my youth. Awesome. Fox and Warner Bros. are having legal issues in regards to the Batman TV series so at this time it won't be released, but i'm sure it will before to long.

nbr3bagshotrow
02-29-2008, 02:32 PM
Adam West looks dead on but the George Reeve isn't quite right.

wktf
02-29-2008, 02:36 PM
Adam West looks dead on but the George Reeve isn't quite right.

Looks like Ross took some pains to slim him down for this image, which looks more like David Hasselhoff. He was a little chunkier under the jaw line and around the middle. Not sure Wonder Woman looks like Linda Carter but she still looks good!

bat_collector
02-29-2008, 03:12 PM
I think its a good wonder woman, looks like her to me

risingstar
02-29-2008, 06:06 PM
I find it amazing that DC heroes have generally done so much better on TV than Marvel. This is especially interesting since Marvel has consistently been outselling DC since the mid 60s... Even the DC cartoons have generaly done better.

Other than the live action Hulk and the Spidey cartoon, have there been any other Marvel hits??

wktf
02-29-2008, 06:20 PM
I find it amazing that DC heroes have generally done so much better on TV than Marvel. This is especially interesting since Marvel has consistently been outselling DC since the mid 60s... Even the DC cartoons have generaly done better.

Other than the live action Hulk and the Spidey cartoon, have there been any other Marvel hits??

By Spidey cartoon, do you mean the first one from the '60s? That one was great, but Spidey and His Amazing Friends did pretty well, as did the Marvel Superheroes show and the Hanna Barbera FF cartoon. But, as a rule, I agree with your point.