View Full Version : McToys gets the Simpsons license

homerthegreat
02-19-2005, 03:26 PM
This is stupid.

http://www.spawn.com/news/news6.aspx?id=12522

What a mistake license for them to do! :redface:

Collection King 13
02-19-2005, 03:27 PM
Stupid? Why? You havent even seen 1 figure yet....

homerthegreat
02-19-2005, 03:42 PM
Why? Because McFarlane makes scary toys. Toys with blood, hooks, and nudity. Great company for Simpsons...:rolleyes:

Collection King 13
02-19-2005, 03:44 PM
Why? Because McFarlane makes scary toys. Toys with blood, hooks, and nudity. Great company for Simpsons...:rolleyes:
Ummmm... What about the Sports figures? No Blood, Hooks, Nudity on them... So get you facts straight...

MONSTER
02-19-2005, 03:46 PM
They also made the Shrek action figures for the 1st movie so I think they will be able to pull this one off.

grendelscott
02-19-2005, 03:54 PM
This is old news...

Take a look at McFarlane's sports stars and musicians lines, and there's no gore or nudity on those (except maybe some blood on a Gene Simmons figure)...

SirConor
02-20-2005, 06:58 PM
I think his point is that McToys produces very graphic and detailed sculpts. You guys are being a bit harsh for no reason, IMO. Simpsons figures will be very simplistic and "cartoonish," which is something that McFarlane has not traditionally done.

While I do not think it is "stupid" that they try to make them, I don't think it is necessary. There's already been one massive simpsons figure line, and I think thats all anyone needs.

grendelscott
02-20-2005, 10:19 PM
I think his point is that McToys produces very graphic and detailed sculpts. You guys are being a bit harsh for no reason, IMO. Simpsons figures will be very simplistic and "cartoonish," which is something that McFarlane has not traditionally done.

While I do not think it is "stupid" that they try to make them, I don't think it is necessary. There's already been one massive simpsons figure line, and I think thats all anyone needs.

He hasn't traditionally done cartoon toys, but he has done those based on video games, and the Beatles Yellow Submarine toys were actually very well done, and were sculpts of cartoon characters. As for being too harsh, it's Homer - he likes to be abused here... :tounge:

Even though they have been licensed to death, there is still a pretty big demand for Simpsons stuff out there. I agree that they might not be necessary, but if they commit to doing the entire line, they might have a huge following pretty quick.

Amorite
02-21-2005, 09:11 PM
blood gore and all that is what makes it great.