02-20-2005, 10:32 PM
im a little dissappointed in the LOTR lineup

No Bara Dur and no Faramir

but hey make this crappy wall plaque and all the helms...what are they thinking

those 2 should of been a definite

Anyone know if there are any plans of any other LOTR stuff this year

Gruson
02-20-2005, 10:42 PM
I am sure there will be more released later on this year.

I was hoping for more as well....oh well.

Sniper
02-20-2005, 10:57 PM
:bawling: :bawling: we have to wait!!!!

Ghost
02-20-2005, 11:10 PM
I disagree, I love what they're bringing out. Just because it hasn't been released yet doesn't mean this line up sucks. It's more then just a plaque and helms as well.

Azog
02-20-2005, 11:12 PM
yes more stuff this year and at SDCC

SithLord11572
02-21-2005, 12:03 AM
I disagree, I love what they're bringing out. Just because it hasn't been released yet doesn't mean this line up sucks. It's more then just a plaque and helms as well.

i have no problems with the statues they are awesome...except for pippin and galadriel....but why so many helms...another orc helm ..how many they gonna do...the witch king and kotd i can see...who cares about eowyn and the mouth of sauron helm isnt the greatest...the bust of it is so cheap now

Ghost
02-21-2005, 12:07 AM
i have no problems with the statues they are awesome...except for pippin and galadriel....but why so many helms...another orc helm ..how many they gonna do...the witch king and kotd i can see...who cares about eowyn and the mouth of sauron helm isnt the greatest...the bust of it is so cheap now

It's true. I like the Galadriel though. But it's a matter of preference. I would love a helm of the Mouth. And I still need to get his bust as well!

Comicboy
02-21-2005, 12:46 AM
I'm not horribly disappointed. With the exception of the plaque(I just cant get into these) I like what the lineup brings. The ML and MOS helms are insane! With the proper handling the Galadriel will turn out very nice. ;) The Troll while smaller than hoped I think more than defended itself in the shots I saw surrounded by the 4 new trolls coming. Aragorn at the Black Gates, while not show yet, we know will more than likely be good. Legolas and Gimli on Arod while expensive I think is a welcome edition. I think it's a fitting piece adding to the horse line. And just how badly disappointed are we in The King of the Dead piece? The only complaint I have were more busts but I expect those will show up later during the shows, plus I'm sure we'll see some exclusives later as well. While I'm not doing back flips, I'm not throwing curses and damning them to the fifth ring of hell for not doing a GROND.....(yet)

Zurbaran1
02-21-2005, 03:18 AM
I have to disagree with Sith. I'm not at all disappointed with the line up so far. I'm actually quite pleased and we'll see more goodies before the year is out. I can't see them not doing Barad-dur or Faromir. I can understand you folks who are not all excited about the helms. I was the same way at the beginning. Didn't pay them any attention. Then I picked one up and was hooked!. They are really well made, solid, excellently detailed miniatures. You need to see these in person to appreciate them. I love 'em and have wound up getting them all. The new ones they are adding are excellent choices. I've got a few of my helms on display and will try to put up some decent pics tomorrow so you can decide for yourself. If you are considering the Helms now is a good time to start looking. I think once the Gondorian Helms start shipping you are going to see a great deal of interest in this line. This will lead to people going back and getting the ones they missed and of course driving up prices in the process. The plaques are also another underrated line in the LOTR collection. I started with the You shall not Pass plaque and let me tell you that one is gorgeous. I'm really surprised it doesn't get the attention it deserves. Gandalf facing down the Balrog. I've got that one in the house and I'll take it out as well and snap a few pics. It's really an excellent piece. After that one I picked up the escape off the road piece. Another great piece. The monochrome effect works for this one and how can you go wrong with a Ringwraith on Steed? You can't. The final one A Meeting of Old friends is also a nicely done and detailed piece. I was very happy to see the Flight from Isengard plaque. I've been waiting for something Gwaihir and this will do for now. I don't think pics really do the plaques justice and this one is gonna be a lot nicer than it may appear. I plan on taking a section of wall in my display room and hanging all the plaques together.

I'm sure we'll see more busts and statues and possibly environments. While these are certainly the centerpieces of most LOTR collections, no collection should be without at least some representation from the Helms, Weapon Sets and Plaque lines. They add a great touch.

RickDTM
02-21-2005, 03:49 AM
I'm not disappointed at all. CB hit it right on the head as far as the KOTD goes. As one of the loudest howlers about his schnozz, I've mellowed a bit after seeing the close up shots. Will he still be introduced to my dremel? You betcha.....but I won't have to do it right away. :D The ATroll is a must have, even though he's a little smalller than I had hoped. Really wish we could have seen pics of Aragorn and the Legolas/Gimli pieces, but I'm sure that will be soon. As for the plaques and stuff, I'm sure Zurb will change my mind (AGAIN!!!), but I don't have any, so I'm not bothered by the Gwaihir. I would have rather seen something ala the Fell Beast though. The one surprising thing for me is my renewed interest in the new Troll maquette/busts. W/ all the new "on Steed" pieces mentioned, I can't imagine SShow will not do the Mouth of Sauron on Steed at some point.

Time to start building the stables...... :D

Ghost
02-21-2005, 03:33 PM
....W/ all the new "on Steed" pieces mentioned, I can't imagine SShow will not do the Mouth of Sauron on Steed at some point.

Oooh here's hoping!!! Otherwise I'm gonna start being like CB and put in my signature that we "Need Mouth on Steed, Sideshooooow!!!"

RickDTM
02-21-2005, 04:42 PM
Keep 'em crossed man....keep 'em crossed!! :D

Maybe at SDCC we will have our prayers answered.....

Bullseye
02-21-2005, 05:08 PM
Since I’m only seriously collecting the statues I’m pleased with what’s been announced so far. I suspect that there will be more announced at SDCC. But lets look at what’s been announced.

1. King of the Dead: Top of most peoples wish list. I know there are issues with the face and in particular his nose this is still one of the best character sculpts to date. It’s easily up there with the Morgul Lord, Sauron and Witchking in its stunning beauty.
2. Battle Troll: This is a fine sculpt even though its not full size like the original Cave Troll. I for one am glad that this is not full size as it may have had an adverse effect on the value of my CT. I know that might sound selfish but would you like if you paid big bucks on eBay and then have it affected because SS decided to release a full size Battle Troll. I do hope that they produce the remaining trolls in the mini series too. These would be awesome.
3. Lady Galadriel: This is one of the best sculpts for likeness in the human series. It’s missing the mirror but its still a nice sculpt.
4. Pippin: This has been the biggest disappointment mostly as he is not done like the remainder of the fellowship. Face is not to good either.
5. Legalos and Gimli on Arod: This is awesome news and saves me having to fork out over $500 for Gimli. This should be an awesome statue.
6. Aragorn on Steed at Black Gates. This needs no defending.

Overall this has been a good show for full size. If I were collecting the busts and other elements such as environments etc then yes this has been a disappointing show. But the biggest show is still to come.