PDA

View Full Version : Which mutant is the oldest mutant in the Marvel Universe?

grandpa
04-09-2008, 04:04 PM
Which mutant is the oldest mutant in the Marvel Universe?

Ive always wondered: which mutant is the oldest mutant in the Marvel Universe?

bat_collector
04-09-2008, 04:05 PM
apocalypse

pendragon
04-09-2008, 04:05 PM
apocalypse

That's what I thought

With Exodus a close second.

SD RUM
04-09-2008, 04:11 PM
Selene, the black queen of the Hellfire Club is very old too.

She has claimed to have already been old when mankind was just emerging.

Selene was revealed to have been an old enemy of sorcerer Kulan Gath.[1] Kulan Gath was active during the Hyborian Age (before any recorded civilizations) and is known to have faced both Conan the Barbarian and Red Sonja.

pendragon
04-09-2008, 04:16 PM
forgot about Selene

Good catch!

Ink
04-09-2008, 04:31 PM
apoc

bat_collector
04-09-2008, 04:46 PM
selene is a mutant and not just a witch?

joefixit2
04-09-2008, 07:44 PM
I was looking at some X-Men trades at the book store a few weeks ago and saw the run where they defeated Apocalypse. I think Jean or somebody ripped Apoc's face apart and there was an old man inside. That seemed kinda screwy to me that this whole time, the Apoc we had been seeing was just a costume and an old guy was inside. bogus!

MrYac
04-09-2008, 08:05 PM
i liked it when Apoc was indeed the first, but leave it to marvel to always come up with some other stupid retcon, i don't know how accurate it is being wiki and all but in his article it even mentions at one point they wanted to make him a Summers brother brought back in time:puke2:

lord odin
04-10-2008, 01:01 AM
Selene is older than Apocalypse.

wktf
04-10-2008, 10:18 AM
Depends on how you look at the question.

In terms of comic book time, Selene.

In terms of the mutant who's been in Marvel Comics for the longest time, the Sub-Mariner.

Primal
04-10-2008, 10:28 AM
Maybe Nightcrawler's dad?
Who was revealed to be the inspiration behind the Judeo-Christian version of the Devil. Also explained why Nightcrawler's bamf clouds smell like sulfur.

superdoug
04-10-2008, 10:34 AM
I thought Nightcrawler's dad was a human viscount or something that Mystique was using, and she dumped baby Kurt to keep her husband from learning -she- was a mutant? Or was there some infidelity going on there?

I'm pretty sure it's Selene, though.

MrYac
04-10-2008, 05:15 PM
I thought Nightcrawler's dad was a human viscount or something that Mystique was using, and she dumped baby Kurt to keep her husband from learning -she- was a mutant? Or was there some infidelity going on there?

nope, now he's some ancient demon/mutant hybrid and Angel is a real angel mutant so Warrens blood hurts Kurt...yay retcons:thumbsdow

Primal
04-10-2008, 07:34 PM

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Azazel_(Marvel_Comics)

Azazel is a comic book character in the Marvel Comics and is the biological father of Nightcrawler. His first appearance was in Uncanny X-Men #428, during The Draco storyline, written by Chuck Austen.

Azazel claims that many years ago an ancient horde of demonic mutants from biblical times called the Neyaphem were in an epic battle with a group of angelic over-zealous mutants, named the Cheyarafim. They were victorious in the battle and vanquished the "evil" mutants to an alternate dimension for all eternity. The Neyaphem's leader, Azazel, was the only one who was able to breach the dimensional void for brief periods of time due to his teleportation powers. His only hope to return to earth was by impregnating ladies because his children are linked to his dimension.

superdoug
04-11-2008, 12:03 AM
Wow. That is amazingly dumb. :thumbsdow Well, then, I would have to go with Azazel as the oldest mutant, since they were 'demon mutants.' :rolleyes: