PDA

View Full Version : What if Batman was evil, who could stop him?

grandpa
04-18-2008, 11:06 AM
What if Batman was evil, who could stop him?

Who can bring Batman to justice?

abarron
04-18-2008, 11:27 AM
The good version of the Joker

AsOneDead
04-18-2008, 12:21 PM
A lot of heroes could stop him. The Joker teams up with The Batman, now that would be cool. :thumbs2:

Quicksilver
04-18-2008, 01:32 PM
If Batman was truly evil...he'd take over the world

lord odin
04-18-2008, 01:43 PM
I so agree with that.:thumbs2:

HalJordanFan
04-18-2008, 01:47 PM

You mean Batman doesn't rule the world currently?

Quicksilver
04-18-2008, 02:34 PM
You mean Batman doesn't rule the world currently?

yeah of course! lol :p but if he was a villain he'd make it much more obvious :)

AsOneDead
04-18-2008, 10:45 PM
Well, it's said that Batman is the most dangerous man on the planet, and that's when his good.

rychehitman
04-18-2008, 11:00 PM
Nightwing!

Gangleri
04-18-2008, 11:29 PM
Nightwing!

If Batman were evil....he might have caused the Grayson's deaths...and he might not have left Dick alive. Jim Gordon might not have become Gotham's Comish....Batman would not have let anyone he could not control come to power in his city.

Batman might parallel Marvel's Victor Von Doom...fighting anyone (heroes/villains) that did not agree with his vision of "Wayne's World". IMHO

Alex655321
04-18-2008, 11:42 PM
http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l52/alex655321_2006/Joke%20Pictures/funny%20pics/AdamWest.jpg

hellboydce
04-19-2008, 03:58 AM
it would make for a good elseworlds mini though

VaultMan
04-19-2008, 08:00 AM
Superman. He always saves the day.

lord odin
04-19-2008, 10:10 AM
Superman. He always saves the day.
He would be the first if not the second besides Martian Manhunter and Zantana that would be taken out.
If Bruce was like Punisher it would make for a great elseworlds story.

The Dark Knight
04-19-2008, 12:07 PM
He would be the first if not the second besides Martian Manhunter and Zantana that would be taken out.

One of the 52 earth's Batmen kills all of his villains. I'm not sure what's the number of the earth he lives in right now.

ecthelion
04-19-2008, 12:57 PM
oh come on, go away with your "what ifs" ad polls and stuff. if Batman was a badguy, he wouldn't have existed in the first place.

lord odin
04-19-2008, 02:09 PM
oh come on, go away with your "what ifs" ad polls and stuff. if Batman was a badguy, he wouldn't have existed in the first place.

Well when he first started Batman did kill and use a gun.
As for these polls I have always enjoyed them.:buttrock:

JLM
04-19-2008, 03:47 PM

Or you could just not read them ....

:)

HalJordanFan
04-19-2008, 04:19 PM

A better idea would be you getting the hell out of here! :thumbs2:

Quicksilver
04-19-2008, 05:46 PM
Catwoman: Guardian of Gotham 1 & 2

and

Batman: Red Rain Vampire Trilogy

are both great elseworlds books that show Batman being villainous.

The Dark Knight
04-20-2008, 10:42 AM
One of the 52 earth's Batmen kills all of his villains. I'm not sure what's the number of the earth he lives in right now.

corection:
I didn't have time to check this out properly last night.

He's earth 51 Batman. Earth 51 is a utopian world where secret identities are no longer needed by superheroes. Libby Lawrence-Chambers is President of the United States, Zatanna is a therapist, and Ray Palmer was replaced by his counterpart from New Earth. This world owes its peace to a Batman who went on a one-man crusade and eliminated all of the world's supervillians in retaliation for the Joker's murder of Jason Todd.
The entire universe was wiped out by a battle between Monarch and Superman-Prime, save for its Monitor Nix Uotan and a lone plant sprout on an unknown planet. (i haven't read these issues of countdown yet)

moon_knight1971
04-25-2008, 08:35 PM
Hal would kick his ass:buttrock:

pendragon
04-25-2008, 10:05 PM
I think the only ones who could take Batman down would be a team consisting of Nightwing, Robin, Batgirl, & Oracle.
they might the only ones who could give him a run for the money.

lord odin
04-25-2008, 10:11 PM
I think the only ones who could take Batman down would be a team consisting of Nightwing, Robin, Batgirl, & Oracle.
they might the only ones who could give him a run for the money.

And the funny thing about it Bruce might know about this team before they could even make it.

pendragon
04-25-2008, 10:18 PM
And the funny thing about it Bruce might know about this team before they could even make it.

HA! :thumbs2:

VaultMan
04-27-2008, 03:05 PM

Dr Fate maybe?

VaultMan
04-27-2008, 03:05 PM

I agree. He'd take this thing out before it even got organized.

VaultMan
04-27-2008, 03:07 PM
The Atom would switch universes on a molecular level and somehow find himself in the Baxter Building. He'd enlarge and tell Reed what's happened.

Reed would summon Cap, and send him to this alternate universe, where he'd fight Batman, no holds barred and be forced to kill him. As an evil character, Bruce just wouldnt have the same drive as a hero, and he'd lose.

Cap would save the day and help restore the American government and bring peace to the rest the rest of the world as a symbol of unity.

JadeGiant
04-27-2008, 03:10 PM
great thread grandpa ... there is so much potential here ... would love to see an extended what if mini series ... he would fill Supes full of kryptonite in a heartbeat

Meteor Man
04-29-2008, 11:13 PM

:rolleyes2

Gangleri
04-30-2008, 03:19 AM
If Batman were evil it would take the diminutive mage from another dimension to save the day (or Knight)....Bat-Mite.

RichBamf
04-30-2008, 03:29 AM
Two things to consider here:

a) If he was evil from the beginning, he'd have been taken down quicker than Mark Millar writing 'meatball' in a script.

b) If he turned evil now, the JLA would be dead before they even knew what was happening. He has detailed files on them and pretty much knows all their weaknesses. One thing you don't want is Batman knowing your weakness. Plus he'd have had time to plan, pretending to be good whilst turning the screw.

Leon
04-30-2008, 07:52 AM
Bush.

RichBamf
04-30-2008, 08:17 AM
Bush.

Catwoman has all the power then...

:confused2

steve the meat
04-30-2008, 09:36 AM
seeing that an evil batman = dr doom.

anyone who has brought down doom should be able to do so to evil batman

Quicksilver
04-30-2008, 02:32 PM
:rolleyes2

go ahead and roll your eyes but it would totally happen.

Meteor Man
04-30-2008, 07:59 PM
go ahead and roll your eyes but it would totally happen.

Only in your mind Bathopper.:)

MrYac
04-30-2008, 08:19 PM
if he did turn do you think he'd finally eliminate his rogues gallery, and if so would he do that before or after taking down the heroes?

risingstar
04-30-2008, 08:45 PM
If Batman was evil, that would completely change his psychological makeup. I would imagine he would be a killer too. He may even have found a way to usurp Ra's Al Ghul leadership role. What would then be evil Batman's objective? World domination?

If Bruce's parents were killed, what would compel him to commit crimes for the rest of his life...?? What would replace his present obsession??

You'd have to change so much to make him evil. He wouldn't be recognizable any more. I don't know how to answer the question really... lol.

MrYac
04-30-2008, 08:50 PM
well what it be evil for evils sake or more a justice lords kind of evil where he ensures peace by elimenating everything

Gangleri
04-30-2008, 10:50 PM
If Batman was evil, that would completely change his psychological makeup. I would imagine he would be a killer too. He may even have found a way to usurp Ra's Al Ghul leadership role. What would then be evil Batman's objective? World domination?

If Bruce's parents were killed, what would compel him to commit crimes for the rest of his life...?? What would replace his present obsession??

You'd have to change so much to make him evil. He wouldn't be recognizable any more. I don't know how to answer the question really... lol.

No Bats could start out destroying Crime from the inside out like Marvel's Shroud (introduced in the old Super-Villian Team-up) or undercover cops/agents in the "real" world.:thumbs2:

After a while...without Alfred or Robin (or other allies) to rein him in, he might loose his way. He'd be able to "justify" (@ least in his own mind) his actions....no matter how bad.

Quicksilver
05-01-2008, 12:59 PM
Only in your mind Bathopper.:)

I guess we'll never know

risingstar
05-01-2008, 01:28 PM
After a while...without Alfred or Robin (or other allies) to rein him in, he might loose his way. He'd be able to "justify" (@ least in his own mind) his actions....no matter how bad.

If he "loses it", he'll lose his edge in the process. I would imagine that he'd become more viunerable and far easier to catch.

lord odin
05-01-2008, 01:40 PM
If he "loses it", he'll lose his edge in the process. I would imagine that he'd become more viunerable and far easier to catch.
And like any threatened animal far more dangerous.

risingstar
05-01-2008, 05:39 PM
And like any threatened animal far more dangerous.

In the short term, perhaps, as he'd likely take a few heroes down with him, however, in the long term, I get the sense that they'd make short order of him, especially if Batman has lost the element of surprise.

Gangleri
05-01-2008, 07:41 PM
I see Batman having the same focus....he won't "lose his edge".
IMO the "good" Batman wants to protect the innocent (like his parents...and young Bruce himself)....so others would not have to go through what he did.

The "evil" Batman would want to eliminate the criminal element....regardless of who got in his way....for Vengence.

risingstar
05-01-2008, 07:45 PM
I see Batman having the same focus....he won't "lose his edge".
IMO the "good" Batman wants to protect the innocent (like his parents...and young Bruce himself)....so others would not have to go through what he did.

The "evil" Batman would want to eliminate the criminal element....regardless of who got in his way....for Vengence.

Well, if we make Batman more of a Punisher type, he's not quite evil then... Vengeance certainly isn't synonomous with evil. That would very much change thte nature of this thread.

Gangleri
05-01-2008, 08:11 PM
Well, if we make Batman more of a Punisher type, he's not quite evil then... Vengeance certainly isn't synonomous with evil. That would very much change thte nature of this thread.

No (you're right) wanting vengence (alone) would not make him evil.... But the "good" Batman has self imposed limits... No Killing - No Guns...a code he lives by (that can @ times conflict with what he wants).

I'm saying that the "Evil" Batman would have a different reason for doning the cape and cowl(Hatred of criminals rather than the need to protect the innocent)...and nothing would stop him from reaching his goal.

IMO The Punisher does want Vengence, but like Batman he lives by his own "code of conduct".

Maybe the difference between Bruce Wayne and someone like Lex Luthor is a matter of thier own conscience?? Do Villians see themselves as evil/wong
anyway??

Vracula
05-01-2008, 09:36 PM
hulk would stop him!!

Vracula
05-01-2008, 09:37 PM
Hal would kick his ass:buttrock:

that crazy statue forum member?I beat him up once!!

risingstar
05-02-2008, 07:03 AM
Do Villians see themselves as evil/wong
anyway??

I would imagine that they don't have to see themselves as evil. That would require a conscience which many bad guys don't seem to care to have.

Red Skull, Green Goblin, Leader, Darkseid, Thanos, Sinestro, Hate Monger, Sabertooth, Braniac, Scarecrow, Dr. Siavana, Carnage, Bullseye, The Owl, Black Adam, even Skeletor. These are bad guys. If I understood correctly, this thread is about Batman becoming one of these guys not some alternative type of vigilante.

Gangleri
05-02-2008, 11:35 AM
I would imagine that they don't have to see themselves as evil. That would require a conscience which many bad guys don't seem to care to have.

Red Skull, Green Goblin, Leader, Darkseid, Thanos, Sinestro, Hate Monger, Sabertooth, Braniac, Scarecrow, Dr. Siavana, Carnage, Bullseye, The Owl, Black Adam, even Skeletor. These are bad guys. If I understood correctly, this thread is about Batman becoming one of these guys not some alternative type of vigilante.

Years ago there was a clear line between comic heroes and villains...alot of the characters (some you list) today operate in the "Grey area" between the two sides.

I know I went alittle off track....but your comments made me think about what I consider a Good or Bad guy in comics. Thanks.:thumbs2:

Meteor Man
05-09-2008, 08:19 PM
I guess we'll never know

Hey, stranger things have happened. The Bat is a loose cannon. DC may just try this story arc....

pendragon
05-09-2008, 09:07 PM
Hey, stranger things have happened. The Bat is a loose cannon. DC may just try this story arc....

As long as Morrison doesn't write it, I'm cool with that.

twoferflinchin
05-10-2008, 01:23 AM
Guys, seriously. Batman is smart, I'll give you that, but he's still human. There are oodles of characters just in the DCU that could take him out in the blink of an eye. Hell, what is Bats going to do against the likes of The Demon or Lobo? All of his waking hours would be spent on this fabled "prep-time" of his. You can't prepare for them all, no matter how brilliant you are.

moneyspider
01-10-2009, 02:06 AM
Batman is cool and all, but as other have said, he is still just a human being. Superman, Wonder Woman, Green Lantern and a whole bunch of other superheroes could obliterate Batman in the blink of an eye.

The "fact" that Batman can keep beating the crap out of Superman almost every time they come to blows in the comics is ridiculous...about as ridiculous as a human being beating a full-grown bear or gorilla.

Or, all it would take would be for one ordinary criminal to get in one lucky shot...Batman is not all-powerful.

Even if he did become evil, he could not take over the entire planet. Governments, Batman's enemies and costumed superheroes would not allow him to have that much power.

isculpt
01-10-2009, 02:30 AM
Batman is the most overrated character when it comes to these types of things.

moneyspider
01-10-2009, 10:48 AM
Agreed.

Collection King 13
01-10-2009, 10:52 AM
Almost any hero can bring down Batman...

Who do you think could GP?

VaultMan
01-20-2009, 01:50 PM
Guys, seriously. Batman is smart, I'll give you that, but he's still human. There are oodles of characters just in the DCU that could take him out in the blink of an eye. Hell, what is Bats going to do against the likes of The Demon or Lobo? All of his waking hours would be spent on this fabled "prep-time" of his. You can't prepare for them all, no matter how brilliant you are.

I could see Batman, if he were misguided, be very Dr. Doom like in his formidability (is this a real word?). Doom is a the most dangerous villain in Marvel, because of his drive and intellect, the armor, technology and sorcery just make him worse.

HalJordanFan
01-20-2009, 02:36 PM
I could see Batman, if he were misguided, be very Dr. Doom like in his formidability (is this a real word?). Doom is a the most dangerous villain in Marvel, because of his drive and intellect, the armor, technology and sorcery just make him worse.

2nd most dangerous. Thanos is #1.

lord odin
01-20-2009, 03:33 PM
2nd most dangerous. Thanos is #1.

Anyone that loves death gets my vote.:confused2

sons of set
01-20-2009, 07:01 PM
Franklin Richards. Bruce has a thing for children that possess the ability to become something more.

glassdancer
01-20-2009, 07:21 PM
Nightwing would have the best chance of stopping him.

twoferflinchin
01-21-2009, 05:38 AM
Captain Morrison could stop him.

Sambofred
01-29-2009, 05:13 PM
Joker -I really think that the Joker likes to hold back when he is messing with Bats. If he really wanted to the Joker could take the guy out.

Ink
01-29-2009, 05:51 PM
Franklin Richards. Bruce has a thing for children that possess the ability to become something more.

ILMAO