PDA

View Full Version : Would be able to dent Captain Americas Shield?

grandpa
04-22-2008, 12:04 PM
Who would be able to dent Captain Americas Shield?

wktf
04-22-2008, 02:32 PM
Thor's dented it before but, technically, no one's supposed to be able to dent it at all.

Tetragrammaton
04-22-2008, 04:36 PM
I think the cosmic/ near-cosmic characters such as Thanos, Silver Surfer, Nova (current) have a good shot at damaging the shield.

The Hulk (during WWH) maybe as well.

Iron Man in his Captain America's Shieldbuster armor.

steve the meat
04-22-2008, 04:53 PM
thanos shattered it before, but he did have the infinity gauntlet, cosmic characters like the silver surfer could probably disolve its matter.

maybe mjolnir with enough force, and i believe that the hulk at a suitably enraged state could damage it too

HalJordanFan
04-22-2008, 05:20 PM
Molecule Man could make it into a vase. Does that count?

VinReaper
04-22-2008, 05:50 PM
I think the cosmic/ near-cosmic characters such as Thanos, Silver Surfer, Nova (current) have a good shot at damaging the shield.

The Hulk (during WWH) maybe as well.

Iron Man in his Captain America's Shieldbuster armor.

Thor's dented it before but, technically, no one's supposed to be able to dent it at all.

Molecule Man could make it into a vase. Does that count?

Agreed on all of the above!

What about Johnny Storm Melting it when he goes SuperNova!

VR

cyberstatue
04-22-2008, 09:15 PM

VR

Hmm, I thought I saw Johnny go supernova in a "what if" issue, and fried wolverine's flesh off, but the skeleton was still intact.

Could Magneto turn my shield into mush, like he did Wolverine's skeleton?? :peoples:

Tetragrammaton
04-22-2008, 09:25 PM
Cap's shield is supposed to be even more resistant to damage than True Adamantium.

VinReaper
04-23-2008, 01:57 AM
Cap's shield is supposed to be even more resistant to damage than True Adamantium.

Really? Vibranium is suppose to be stronger then Adamatium?

Is that right?

VR

lord odin
04-23-2008, 03:33 AM
Really? Vibranium is suppose to be stronger then Adamatium?

Is that right?

VR

His shield is a mix of different metals it`s unique.

VinReaper
04-23-2008, 09:12 AM
His shield is a mix of different metals it`s unique.

Ahhh! Why did I think Vibranium?

VR

abarron
04-23-2008, 10:01 AM
I remenber Klaw changed the frequency of the Vibranium or summat when the sheild shatter and it rebuilt its self or some rubbish.

It was in a cap comic ages ago when steve when to Wakanda.

I guess this would work the other way round too.

VinReaper
04-23-2008, 10:14 AM
I am sure Phoenix could destroy it.

Or at least melt it in the Suns Corona or some thereof!

VR

Raven1014
04-23-2008, 12:07 PM

VR

When he went super nova in the original Secret Wars against Ultron, Cap was right there and hid behind his shield. It didn't do damage to Ultron's shell or the shield, but was thought to have fried something inside of Ultron.

rychehitman
04-23-2008, 12:10 PM
When he went super nova in the original Secret Wars against Ultron, Cap was right there and hid behind his shield. It didn't do damage to Ultron's shell or the shield, but was thought to have fried something inside of Ultron.

yeah...I remember that. It was actually REALLY LAME!

Hiding behind a shield would NOT protect you from the heat of NOVE flame!:banghead:

VinReaper
04-23-2008, 12:43 PM
yeah...I remember that. It was actually REALLY LAME!

Hiding behind a shield would NOT protect you from the heat of NOVE flame!:banghead:

This is true!! He would have been cinders under his shield! :D

VR

JLM
04-23-2008, 03:55 PM
I bet Sam Wilson with a ballpeen hammer could do it some damage. :)

Argonus
04-23-2008, 04:03 PM
Hmm, I thought I saw Johnny go supernova in a "what if" issue, and fried wolverine's flesh off, but the skeleton was still intact.

That's in "What If The X-Men Lost Inferno?" (I think it's What If? Vol. 2 #6)

But actually, it was Baron Mordo who fried Wolverine's flesh off after Wolvie gutted him.. haha (he did it as he was dying). Johnny DID go Supernova in it, though.. killed off a ton of demons.

One of the first comics I picked up, and I bought it again when I stopped collecting them a few years back, to celebrate. :)

An awesome read. Very dark, but touching. It's where I first realized how awesome Kitty Pryde is.

VinReaper
04-23-2008, 04:42 PM
That's in "What If The X-Men Lost Inferno?" (I think it's What If? Vol. 2 #6)

But actually, it was Baron Mordo who fried Wolverine's flesh off after Wolvie gutted him.. haha (he did it as he was dying). Johnny DID go Supernova in it, though.. killed off a ton of demons.

One of the first comics I picked up, and I bought it again when I stopped collecting them a few years back, to celebrate. :)

An awesome read. Very dark, but touching. It's where I first realized how awesome Kitty Pryde is.

In a lingerie!! :laugh:

http://www.freeweb.hu/nitro1/gallery/kepek/Girls%20of%20Marvel/GoM_Kitty_Pryde_2_.jpg

Girls of Marvel #25

VR

Argonus
04-24-2008, 09:19 AM
In a lingerie!! :laugh:

Girls of Marvel #25

VR

Hahah... nice. :)

I see her as being more of a "bad-@ss with a big heart" than a "sex-kitten" though... (pardon the pun).

:confused2

Although she IS a brunette, and brunettes DO kick okole.. hahah.

Makkari1
04-24-2008, 11:23 AM
Any Skyfather level and above being can smash Cap's shield.