PDA

View Full Version : For A Good Cause

Racer X
04-28-2008, 11:43 AM
Hey guys, I wasn't sure where to put this, so it's going under "General". If you know of a better spot or want to pass along the link, go for it.

I am fortunate enough that I have several comic shops in my town that I can go to. Last week, Dave, the owner of one of those shops, was shot when someone tried to rob his store. He survived, but is still in the hospital. A site has been set up to help raise donations, as he dosen't have insurance.

http://www.woodtv.com/global/story.asp?s=8235100

From this link, you can go to ifanboy and make donations through a Paypal account.

Thanks, in advance

Marc

MONSTER
04-28-2008, 11:53 AM
That is horrible. Hopefully Dave will pull through this okay.

Hopefully they'll catch the moron that shot him.

ansel39
04-28-2008, 12:05 PM
what kind of moron robs comic shop. the most popular item they sell cost $2.99. This robber is a dumbass. He must have been looking on ebay seeing how much some stateus go for. :stick: Hope he gets better soon.

twinzs
04-28-2008, 12:33 PM
what kind of moron robs comic shop. the most popular item they sell cost $2.99. This robber is a dumbass. He must have been looking on ebay seeing how much some stateus go for. :stick: Hope he gets better soon.

I had about 7 comics and a TPB stolen from me yesterday when they could have got a lot more expensive items. They're probably on something

ansel39
04-28-2008, 12:51 PM
I had about 7 comics and a TPB stolen from me yesterday when they could have got a lot more expensive items. They're probably on something

they broke in your house and stole 7 comic and TPB. :confused: what is wrong with criminals today geesh no forethought or planning bunch of idiots.

ickwinzs
04-28-2008, 01:22 PM
no they got into my truck over the weekend while tony was visiting, I had over 1000.00 in fishing equipment in the truck too. Thankfully the kids were dumbasses

ansel39
04-28-2008, 01:26 PM
no they got into my truck over the weekend while tony was visiting, I had over 1000.00 in fishing equipment in the truck too. Thankfully the kids were dumbasses

kids i think. kids who do not like to fish.

ickwinzs
04-28-2008, 01:29 PM
yeah they didn't even empty out the ashtray of change either, I think someone must of drove by or something

hawkeyethearcher
04-28-2008, 03:17 PM
when i was younger my friends and i would check cars to see if they were unlocked when we walked by them. we would take the dumbest things like a stick of gum or just clean out there ashtray if it was dirty. we didnt want to steal anything exspensive we just wanted to mess with peoples heads.

Tommy Allison
04-28-2008, 07:47 PM
I might have to throw something towards their efforts. I bought a couple comics from these guys a long time ago.

nemesisenforcer
04-28-2008, 08:02 PM

that just tells you that criminals would steal anything...and that is sad.

ANGRYCOMICMAN
04-28-2008, 08:17 PM
Donation sent.
Hope he gets better fast.

Racer X
04-28-2008, 08:22 PM
I don't think they put a lot of thought into it. If they did, they would have realized that all of the $$ is in the bins and on the walls, not the register.

Unfortunately, the police don't have a whole lot to go on...

ANGRYCOMICMAN
04-28-2008, 08:28 PM
I don't think they put a lot of thought into it. If they did, they would have realized that all of the $$ is in the bins and on the walls, not the register.

Unfortunately, the police don't have a whole lot to go on...

Bad things happen to good people.:(
But in the end worse things happen to bad people.
Hopefully the worst is yet to come for these scum-o's.
May they suffer and die horribly.

Racer X
04-30-2008, 04:55 PM
Yeah, hopefully the person/ people responsible get what is due x10.

VinReaper
04-30-2008, 05:37 PM
What are people thinking!!! First of all what they have possibly thought could be in the register. Everyone pays with credit/debit cards. If their were cash it would be a tiny amount due to the low cost of merchnadise.

It had to be a crack head.

I wish him the best and hope they nail the perp(s)

VR

VinReaper
04-30-2008, 05:38 PM

yeah they didn't even empty out the ashtray of change either, I think someone must of drove by or something

Another reason to invest in a bear trap for the floor of the truck!!!

Sorry to hear that ICK & TW!!!

I hate freakin' thieves! bring back Hammurabi's Code!! :thumbs2:

VR

Racer X
05-01-2008, 10:18 PM
The person/ people weren't even smart enough to hit the store on a Wednesday!! Talk about stupid, they didn't even know when to hit the store when there might be a couple hundred bucks cash. Hope they have day jobs, cuz they suck at their night jobs.

Racer X
05-10-2008, 04:43 PM
Thought I'd let everyone know that we had some good news on this front recently. Again, thanks to everyone who donated.

http://www.wzzm13.com/news/news_article.aspx?storyid=91782

Argonus
05-10-2008, 11:11 PM
Grr...

Thieves are p#ssies, plain and simple.

Pardon my french, but they are.. stealing stuff that someone else paid for with hard-earned money.

Sorry that happened to you, guys. Here's to hoping the thieves return while you're putting new bits on the power tools.

:mad:

Argonus
05-10-2008, 11:13 PM
Thought I'd let everyone know that we had some good news on this front recently. Again, thanks to everyone who donated.

http://www.wzzm13.com/news/news_article.aspx?storyid=91782

Good to hear. :)